PDA

View Full Version : Paraben ,silicone and dye free shampoo

Natashap
November 10th, 2018, 05:16 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone tried silicone,paraben and dye free shampoo,did you notice some difference ?

If yes ,please share list of shampoo that qualify in this list .

For tangled hair -I guess silicones are needed.

But I might be wrong.

Obsidian
November 10th, 2018, 07:22 AM
This one fits the bill. I found it too gentle for my hair as I need harsher cleansers but its a nice poo and lathers well. The matching conditioner is really nice, the best silicone free I've used.

https://acure.com/mega-moisture-shampoo.html

lapushka
November 10th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Hask do a great line of sulfate-free. There's also Maui Moisture, Shea Moisture, and VO5 now even have a sulfate-free shampoo & silicone-free conditioner to go with it.

nycelle
November 10th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Yes, most of my shampoos are all free of all that, plus other things as well.

The truth is, the only difference you're going to really notice is silicone free. The rest, only if you have allergies or are sensitive to the ingredients.

Briogeo is free of most if not all those things- you can check.
Not Your Mothers Natural line is as well - but again check.
Puracy products too.. but again check.

eta: If you mean sulfate free shampoos, then yes, there's a huge difference for me. My scalp gets irritated with sulfates so I don't use them. However, there aren't as many sulfate free shampoos on the market that clean as well as sulfates. So I always wash twice and use a massage brush on my scalp when I wash.

MusicalSpoons
November 10th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Bright Earth soapnut shampoo. I have noticed a difference, certainly, but that's more likely to be because it's produced directly from herbs/plants rather than using synthetic ingredients, and is apparently pH balanced. It's actually not quite cleansing enough for me right now (if I washed more frequently it would be, I think) but it is the only product I've used that hasn't made my scalp dehydrated at all. They do a conditioner, and a body wash that has exactly the same few ingredients as the shampoo with the addition of amla which makes it more conditioning. It's mentioned on this thread: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147745 (nothing is chemical-free; literally every substance is made of chemicals - but in this instance is shorthand for 'not containing any of the usual chemicals') I think this shampoo is a good compromise between making one's own mixture for herbal washing and the convenience of conventional shampoo, if that's something you or anyone reading this is considering.

Other than that, yes I think my conventional shampoos meet your criteria and the surfactants were milder so my scalp was less dehydrated all the time, but again with less cleansing power. However I think beyond not having sulphates, the differences I've noticed are more to do with what *is* in the shampoo, not what *isn't* in it. It's Natura Siberica, their small sulphate-free range (no sodium coco-sulphate!)