PDA

View Full Version : Can't See the Forest for the Trees

hennalove
November 8th, 2018, 02:49 PM
In Dec 2017 at our vacation home, I used my flat iron for the last time (well maybe but we'll see). I was very concerned over breakage and while I blamed it on the flat iron, it was likely more the hard water OR a combination of both. In Jan 2018 I began my ultimate experiment using no heat, copious henna treatments and generally being kind to my hair. In May 2018 we were back at our vacation home and I think my hair was still a bit rebelling even though the texture had changed dramatically. Back home for the summer I plugged along. Back at our vacation home in October, one of my friends looked at me and said "OMG, you hair is amazing! It's so long!" I realized then I hadn't measured it. Yes the frizz is gone. It is for the most part, quite well behaved. And yes it really needed a henna, and those dang scraggly neck hairs. See I saw the negative. During the month of October, I got a lot of lovely compliments on my hair reminding me that I "couldn't see the forest for the trees".

Hubby was happy because I actually wore it down a few times. Wearing it down is a pain. It's now at BCL perhaps just a bit longer (almost touches stool when I'm sitting), catching into my pants when I try to do them up. I was so focused on getting my hair healthy, I did not notice it getting longer. Well I did sorta of, but not really unless it caught on something. I honestly cannot believe how much length I have gained in 10 months - a good 6 inches!

Back home, I have focused on deep conditioning and henna. We're back at our vacation home in 2 weeks so I want a really good base. I'm going to start focusing on the forest. I can see by January 2019 a couple more inches. Looking forward to 2019 and a lot more length :)

lithostoic
November 8th, 2018, 03:29 PM
I thought it was "through" the trees? Anyway, heat damage doesn't get fixed it has to grow out, unfortunately. Congrats on your improvements so far!

Edit: I looked it up, guess it's regional! Never heard it said this way.

lapushka
November 8th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Congratulations on reaching BCL! :cheer:

That is so awesome to read. :)

Groovy Granny
November 8th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Hennalove ~ Congrats on your growth and improvements :thumbsup:

Your profile says you are a granny ~ it is nice to see another 'granny long hair' :cheer:

Maybe down the road you will go all silver :eyebrows: but in the meantime....enjoy your vacation and your healthy/long hair!

bokeh
November 16th, 2018, 07:27 PM
I'm not a granny yet but plenty old enough and I am thrilled to hear about your growth and improvements but especially happy for you that you are starting to enjoy and appreciate your hair. I can relate because I started out thinking that I had the worst hair ever and now I'm starting to love it more and more the longer it gets. I hope my hair growth journey is as successful as yours has been Wish me luck!

Groovy Granny
November 16th, 2018, 09:08 PM
wrong thread...but good luck Bokeh....enjoy the journey :cheer: