PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay shed more hair after the shower?

M.McDonough
November 7th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Okay, We all know that it's normal to see hair in the drain after washing our hair. And I don't see a lot by the way even after several days of not washing my hair. I see a small chunk of hair in the drain that's the size of a macadamia nut if crumpled, but what bothers me sometimes is when I run my fingers through my hair 4 hours later when the hair is dry. I still see strands of hair coming out. Does this happen to anyone??

lapushka
November 7th, 2018, 06:32 AM
It's not abnormal, no. :) Especially since you seem to be losing so little hair during a wash.

WyntreBlossom
November 7th, 2018, 06:38 AM
That is basically my normal. I shed very few strands in the shower, then when drying/wringing my hair a few more (very little not even enough to ball up), Then I shed over the course of a few days during brushing/normal wear etc.

spitfire511
November 7th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Yup - what the others said. And I go through a seasonal shed every fall (which drives me batty) and will shed a ton in the shower and then have rather a lot if I run my fingers through as well. It's scary for a week or two but then tends to taper off... it's not fun, but totally within the realm of 'normal'!

lapushka
November 7th, 2018, 10:21 AM
I shed a beast on wash day, so I think you're pretty safe. ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
November 7th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Yes, it's normal.

Margarita
November 7th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Haha, personally my hair sheds a lot while in the shower. Its normal, dont worry. But if the shedding continues, its better to take some iron or vitamins.

M.McDonough
November 7th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Honestly, my crown is patchy and it hurts to even talk about it. Can hair loss or thinning happen without shedding a lot?

lapushka
November 8th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Honestly, my crown is patchy and it hurts to even talk about it. Can hair loss or thinning happen without shedding a lot?

I'm unsure. Have you gone to the doctor for this yet? It seems, from earlier posts, that you have been struggling with thinning for a long time now, so why not go?

M.McDonough
November 8th, 2018, 09:14 AM
I'm unsure. Have you gone to the doctor for this yet? It seems, from earlier posts, that you have been struggling with thinning for a long time now, so why not go?

Not a long time jus a few months. And I don't wanna be told I'm balding:no::no:

lapushka
November 8th, 2018, 09:39 AM

I know it's hard, but isn't it time to make that appointment. If something is caught early something might still be done, if you wait too long, it might be too late. That is why I would bite the bullet on this one!!!

Ylva
November 8th, 2018, 09:45 AM

If that is indeed happening, it will surely happen if you don't go to the doctor. But if you do go, like lapushka said, there might be something that can be done to slow it down or turn it around.

M.McDonough
November 8th, 2018, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna go, but I'm sure it's stress/depression because I've been suffering from that for 2 years. And that is why I started meditating. I'm starting to feel better. Hopefully my hair will grow back. It takes time.

lapushka
November 8th, 2018, 11:27 AM
I'm gonna go, but I'm sure it's stress/depression because I've been suffering from that for 2 years. And that is why I started meditating. I'm starting to feel better. Hopefully my hair will grow back. It takes time.

It should start to sprout from a bald patch within a couple weeks if everything is OK. Yes, growth takes time, but you should be able to gauge if bald spots indeed grow hair back within at least a month.

Keep us posted on your doctor's visit! Don't be afraid and don't just draw your own conclusions; medicine is very complex! :flower:

LittleOgre
November 8th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Im scared to touch my hair when i wash it im fairly gentle... It just feels so weak and soft and breakable in the shower lol

M.McDonough
November 8th, 2018, 08:17 PM
It should start to sprout from a bald patch within a couple weeks if everything is OK. Yes, growth takes time, but you should be able to gauge if bald spots indeed grow hair back within at least a month.

Keep us posted on your doctor's visit! Don't be afraid and don't just draw your own conclusions; medicine is very complex! :flower:

No, I don't think 1 month is enough to see results. The follicles stay dormant for a while. It says online that when hair falls out due to stress, it can take months to regrow after the stress is gone. I even watched videos on Youtube of people who experienced this and they never saw results until several months or even a year later. Telogen effluvium and alopecia areata.

Oh and here's a reference
https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/stress-related-hair-loss.html

lapushka
November 9th, 2018, 08:33 AM
No, I don't think 1 month is enough to see results. The follicles stay dormant for a while. It says online that when hair falls out due to stress, it can take months to regrow after the stress is gone. I even watched videos on Youtube of people who experienced this and they never saw results until several months or even a year later. Telogen effluvium and alopecia areata.

Oh and here's a reference
https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/stress-related-hair-loss.html

No offense but I wouldn't just look these things up online. If you indeed have balding, it needs to be properly addressed by a real doctor and the earlier you go the better it can be dealt with, IMMHO. :flower:

Keep us posted!