PDA

View Full Version : The Body Shop

cmdinoto
November 6th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I really like The Body Shop. I get my skincare line (Tea Tree), and my body products like Coconut Body Butter. I was looking at the hair care line and I was wondering if any one else had experience with it. I am looking at the Banana Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask. I’ve been using it for a couple of days and it seems to be making my hair softer and less frizzy. I would just like other opinions. Thank you!

lapushka
November 11th, 2018, 05:10 PM
I have tried them many many years ago, when they weren't yet taken over. Wasn't impressed.

Doreen
November 13th, 2018, 12:37 AM
I have tried the conditioner in the Fuji tea scent but I felt like it didn't do much for my hair besides make it smell nice. I did enjoy it though.

hollygolightly
November 20th, 2018, 06:07 AM
I bought the rainforest leave in conditioner. Hated it. It made my hair so dry and sticky, it was like when I was a kid and and sprayed perfume on my hair. I was wondering if maybe it was the alcohol in it, but there's is no alcohol. Although I'm currently using their almost pure argan oil and it does wonders for my hair

lenu60
November 20th, 2018, 07:15 AM
I tried the rainforest line and didn’t like them at all

TheForestFae
November 20th, 2018, 08:07 AM
If they werent taken over then maybe I would give it a try, but since L'Oreal has already taken it Im not sure if the products now effective as they used to be or not. Some part of me afraid to try it eventhough I did love the skincare and body care line, but with hair care? I dont know probably would choose something else that I know that would be safe for my hair and probably cheaper :>

Angelica
November 20th, 2018, 11:56 AM
If they werent taken over then maybe I would give it a try, but since L'Oreal has already taken it Im not sure if the products now effective as they used to be or not. Some part of me afraid to try it eventhough I did love the skincare and body care line, but with hair care? I dont know probably would choose something else that I know that would be safe for my hair and probably cheaper :>

The Body Shop is now owned by Brazilian Cosmetics Company "Natura Cosméticos" who bought the company off of L'Oreal.

I don't know if it makes any difference regarding their hair products however but they are now cruelty free again which is good news and their products carry the leaping rabbit symbol. I did know someone who liked their banana shampoo though.

nycelle
November 20th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Why would L'oreal be a problem? Garnier is L'oreal and most here seem to love their products.

I've never heard of Natura Cosemticos. Gonna google them now.

Angelica
November 21st, 2018, 11:31 AM
L'oreal is a big no no for because they are well known for testing their products on animals. The Body Shop was supposed to be a cruelty free brand, but when they were taken over by L'oreal that could no longer apply so they lost their PETA symbol i.e. the leaping bunny. Now they are no longer owned L'oreal they have that leaping bunny back. :) I have used their hair mousse in the past and that was good, but I wouldn't think it was any better than any other mousse I have used. Also the banana shampoo is supposed to be good.

paulownia
November 21st, 2018, 02:00 PM
I’ve been using Rainforest Moisture shampoo in the past, when my hair was still happy with sulfate-free cleansers.
Banana conditionner is also one of my favourites.