PDA

View Full Version : SD? I'm confused

shaluwm_agape
November 2nd, 2018, 02:45 PM
Sorry for the long post but I just wanted some opinions

So I was told in 2013 I had SD and honestly nothing seemed to work.
I went no poo bs &acv for 3 yrs.
I stopped that and went back to conventional products April of 2017 and though H&S seemed to work i still wasn't happy using it.

I recently tried WO for 2 weeks and though my hair was transitionin I liked it.
But that was cut short when I was gifted products I was dying to try. These products don't have sls are paraben free alcohol free. Smell amazing and all but I am realizing that my SD doesn't seem normal. I usually get it around my hairline ears nose and brows but it is never itchy and only hurts or itches when I pick at the flakes and create cuts. Otherwise I don't have an itchy scalp and as long as my face is moisturized no SD . I may just go back to WO.
Are my hormones changing or was I misdiagnosed?

nycelle
November 2nd, 2018, 02:48 PM
It sounds like dandruff. Did you see a dermatologist or regular doctor?

shaluwm_agape
November 2nd, 2018, 02:55 PM
I do but I haven't been in a while I should make an appointment nycelle

lapushka
November 2nd, 2018, 03:16 PM
Were you prescribed products at the time, and do you have those on back-up for when you get bouts of it? If not, do go back; this needs to be dealt with.

If I have a bout, I lose more hair than normal.

nycelle
November 2nd, 2018, 03:18 PM
I do but I haven't been in a while I should make an appointment nycelle

If you're in or near the city, I can give you the name of mine if you want, but I know that it can take over a month to get an appointment with him.

shaluwm_agape
November 2nd, 2018, 03:24 PM
nycelle that would be great thanks!

Lapushka He only prescribed a cortisone cream which is really heavy duty and kinda burns

lapushka
November 2nd, 2018, 03:32 PM
nycelle that would be great thanks!

Lapushka He only prescribed a cortisone cream which is really heavy duty and kinda burns

Well that sucks! Have you ever tried Nizoral 1% (I know it's OTC where you are), but that might be enough, who knows.

Obsidian
November 2nd, 2018, 03:32 PM
I think a dr is a good idea. This doesn't sound like SD honestly, moisturizing usually makes sd worse.

*Wednesday*
November 2nd, 2018, 05:35 PM
My son has SD. The doctor had him use Nizoral (OTC) 3 times a week for 2 weeks. Then cut it down to two days and eventually one day a week and you could still use your favorite shampoo in between. I noticed results within a week with him.

I've also read that people that have SD on their eyebrows use a little bit as well and it helped. But I would be very careful since that's close to your eyes.
SD is such a battle. However, consistency will help keep it under control

lapushka
November 2nd, 2018, 05:57 PM
My son has SD. The doctor had him use Nizoral (OTC) 3 times a week for 2 weeks. Then cut it down to two days and eventually one day a week and you could still use your favorite shampoo in between. I noticed results within a week with him.

I've also read that people that have SD on their eyebrows use a little bit as well and it helped. But I would be very careful since that's close to your eyes.
SD is such a battle. However, consistency will help keep it under control

Very true. I would try and choose a washing method that is least bothersome for it (that brings it on the least), and stick to that, OP.

shaluwm_agape
November 2nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
Obsidian, Wednesday Thank you both.
I will be going to the dermatitis to make sure and yes it is a battle