PDA

View Full Version : Keeping hair fresh and hanging down(WET LOOK) HELP NEEDED!!

dogyleo
October 30th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Hello epic forum members :happydance:

I want to make the half bun look, but i encounter a problem which is i dont know how to keep my hair looking nice and fresh for a long time( That wet look).
Just after splashing some water to style the untied hair, it looks nice and just hanging down perfectly, but after a short while it dries to look tushy, puffy and nasty.

https://ibb.co/bWuQtL Here is how it looks after it dries

https://ibb.co/dUfgYL After styling with some water

I have an important event in a day, and i want to rock this look without my hair getting dried and looking nasty awkward after a while.
Probably this event will last for 6-7 hours
https://ibb.co/bWuQtL https://ibb.co/dUfgYL

THANKS IN ADVANCE
I will really appreciate your help
Feel free to add any comment :D

Obsidian
October 30th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Do you use any kind of styling products? I would try a leave in conditioner like shea moisture jamaica black castor oil leave in followed up with a curl defining cream, shea moisture curling custard is supposed to work well.

dogyleo
October 30th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Do you use any kind of styling products? I would try a leave in conditioner like shea moisture jamaica black castor oil leave in followed up with a curl defining cream, shea moisture curling custard is supposed to work well.

I dont know if will be able to find such products in my country :/ i can get a leave in conditioner, oil and gel

Does Olive oil followed by a gel will work? iam worried cause so much products sometimes causes my hair to be super curly ( not hanging down)

VenusianMane
October 30th, 2018, 06:50 PM
I think a leave in conditioner is what you need, the problem is finding out one that would work well for you in a short time notice, but maybe you'll have time to research and experiment?

Dark40
October 30th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Sounds like you need a leave in conditioner. You can try Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. It will tame away the frizziness, puffiness, and nasty look.

Obsidian
October 30th, 2018, 07:36 PM
What about stretching or wrapping overnight?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4jxTbGQYkn0

blackgothicdoll
October 30th, 2018, 09:03 PM
You can try applying a leave in moisturizer followed by a gel to your hair. Distribute this through with either your fingers, or a brush that won't cause frizz. Twist the hair straight back (you can do one twist, or a two strand twist) and allow it to either dry or mostly dry this way. When you unravel it, your hair won't have any frizz. It will take the form of whatever style you put it in - I recommend twists because the waves would be closer to your texture, rather than braids that work better on my hair type. It's easy enough to try - I hope that helps.

JennGalt
October 30th, 2018, 10:44 PM
If you are not in the US and have difficulty getting Shea Moisture products, I would recommend a little olive oil followed by Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner. Apply them before your hair dries, and experiment with different amounts of the leave in conditioner. It’s widely available and cheaper than Shea Moisture products. You may or may not need gel with it, and I would second the recommendation to try a twist out. Oil alone won’t do it, and might flatten out your curls if you use too much.

AutobotsAttack
October 30th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Since you’re a curly head, the LOC/LCO method would probably give you that held together defined look and keep your curls clumped.

L=liquid (water or whatever)
O=Oil
C=cream (leave in, moisturizer, etc).

You can layer however much you want. Maybe do a bit of plopping (gathering up your curls on the top of your head so they can dry and set) for like 10-15 mins. And then you’re good to go.

dogyleo
October 31st, 2018, 06:58 AM
I think a leave in conditioner is what you need, the problem is finding out one that would work well for you in a short time notice, but maybe you'll have time to research and experiment?

Unfortunately not, i guess will just use the conditioner i regularly use as a leave in

dogyleo
October 31st, 2018, 07:05 AM
What about stretching or wrapping overnight?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4jxTbGQYkn0

Hmmm looks like what i was looking for :)

dogyleo
October 31st, 2018, 07:08 AM
You can try applying a leave in moisturizer followed by a gel to your hair. Distribute this through with either your fingers, or a brush that won't cause frizz. Twist the hair straight back (you can do one twist, or a two strand twist) and allow it to either dry or mostly dry this way. When you unravel it, your hair won't have any frizz. It will take the form of whatever style you put it in - I recommend twists because the waves would be closer to your texture, rather than braids that work better on my hair type. It's easy enough to try - I hope that helps.

I will give it a try , appreciate your help

dogyleo
October 31st, 2018, 07:10 AM
If you are not in the US and have difficulty getting Shea Moisture products, I would recommend a little olive oil followed by Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner. Apply them before your hair dries, and experiment with different amounts of the leave in conditioner. It’s widely available and cheaper than Shea Moisture products. You may or may not need gel with it, and I would second the recommendation to try a twist out. Oil alone won’t do it, and might flatten out your curls if you use too much.

I guess iam gonna add some oil, conditioner and almond size gel
hope it works, what do you think

dogyleo
October 31st, 2018, 07:15 AM
Thank you all for your help, i really appreciate it.
After reading your comments, here is what am going to do.
- Wash hair with a conditioner
- Add olive oil, leave in conditioner and gel(pea size)
- Twist hair into 3 sections and allow it dry
So what do you think, am i doing the right instructions ?
Also what do you think of flax gel

dogyleo
October 31st, 2018, 07:26 AM

lapushka
October 31st, 2018, 09:00 AM
Since you’re a curly head, the LOC/LCO method would probably give you that held together defined look and keep your curls clumped.

L=liquid (water or whatever)
O=Oil
C=cream (leave in, moisturizer, etc).

You can layer however much you want. Maybe do a bit of plopping (gathering up your curls on the top of your head so they can dry and set) for like 10-15 mins. And then you’re good to go.

I was just about to talk about that!

The link to the method on this forum is in my signature. If you have type 4 hair, use more product than a 2/3 normally will. Don't skimp on product!

Your hair looks puffy & fluffy (not in the worst sense), like "it can use moisture from a styler".

lapushka
October 31st, 2018, 09:02 AM

You always need to use a conditioner on your type hair, even twice, or a deep conditioner at least weekly!

I would divide your hair into sections, then add leave-in, gel and a bit of oil to each section, then allow it to dry.

Try looking at the curly girl method on natural hair on YT for *plenty* of ways to style your hair.

AutobotsAttack
November 1st, 2018, 12:36 AM
I was just about to talk about that!

The link to the method on this forum is in my signature. If you have type 4 hair, use more product than a 2/3 normally will. Don't skimp on product!

Your hair looks puffy & fluffy (not in the worst sense), like "it can use moisture from a styler".

I was actually just thinking about when I typed that lol

lapushka
November 1st, 2018, 07:15 AM
Great minds think alike, right, bots!

Also when you want to apply the stylers, get your hair misted with water or damp/wet. Then apply, if you aren't intending to rewash.

spidermom
November 1st, 2018, 07:48 AM
YouTube has a lot of videos about how to achieve the wet look on curly/kinky hair. Here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBOyHK9h8Y0