PDA

View Full Version : Leave in Conditioners as Hair masks

TeaAndSketches
October 28th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to use up two of my products I bought when I was using the LOC method for my hair. I am currently on a minimalism journey and am trying to use only natural oils for my haircare and skincare needs. I find that "less is more" is just what works best for me and reduces my stress. I bought the Mielle Organics white peony leave in conditioner and Mielle Organics Brazillian curl cream (even though I do not have curly hair, it was just what I used for the C step in the LOC method).

I recently finished a hair mask product and am considering using the curl cream as a hair mask instead. Is that okay? Does anyone just use only oil for their hair?

lapushka
October 28th, 2018, 04:53 PM
I made that mistake with the curl la la by Aunt Jackie's thinking it was a mask while it was a curl cream. It flaked on me as a curl cream (on its own, not even with product added), and so I got rid of it. Didn't even want to use it up as a mask.

I don't know; maybe you need to just test it out. Some curl creams are hard to use as a mask, though.

JennGalt
October 28th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Try it. If it works for you, keep doing it! If the suggested use of a product doesn’t work for you, sometimes repurposing it works well. I had a rinse out conditioner that was waaaay too light for my hair, but it worked ok as a leave in for me. And let us know how it goes!