PDA

View Full Version : Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]

Zalicat
January 10th, 2019, 06:29 PM
I think I'll try this on the weekend!

priinnz
January 14th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Has anyone observed increased hair fall with the honey lightening treatment?

I donít apply it to my scalp, only to my lengths, but I guess that since the sticky honey mixture is difficult to apply, there may be some pulling/ tugging of the hair involved. Any suggestions how I can work around this please?

Sinthia
March 14th, 2019, 08:53 AM
I see none of the pictures that are posted on the picture thread for this. Does anyone else see them?

vpatt
June 12th, 2019, 06:49 AM
Does anyone wash their scalp with honey?

LadyStardust
July 11th, 2019, 08:01 PM
I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere (though I'm sure it exists), but is there any benefit to leaving the treatment on the hair longer than 1 hour? I'm trying to lighten henna. Also is this method safe for permed straight hair that is already damaged?

LadyStardust
July 12th, 2019, 02:31 AM
I read somewhere on this thread from ktani that honey does not work as a shampoo because it causes build up.

martagill
September 2nd, 2019, 04:31 PM
HalcyonDays

Thank you for the pictures.

I am glad that you are so plesed with the results.

It appears to be a huge difference in colour.

Unfortunately, the before picture is really dark.

It is hard fo me to really see the difference in colour clearly.

I do believe you but you are in shadow, or it is just the lighting?

Picture lighting is tricky.

Do you have any recent pictures of your hair in better lighting?

If you do have residue, shampooing will remove that.

A vinegar rinse should help too.

Please give me the details of your recipe, the honey you used, and the method, to share with others.

And how is the condition of your hair, aside from the residue?

Too bad I can't see any of the pics. So disappointing. It's a waste of time to read these boards if I only have access to half the information.

neko_kawaii
September 2nd, 2019, 04:34 PM
Too bad I can't see any of the pics. So disappointing. It's a waste of time to read these boards if I only have access to half the information.

You are missing some information too! Many pictures have disappeared for all of us over the years for a variety of reasons. It isn’t new members who are missing out on old pictures.

Amix
September 29th, 2019, 10:19 PM
I don't see a lot of pictures too, I thought it was because I was new but then I saw pictures in some other, newer threads. It's too bad because I'm really curious about honey lightening results.

M-I
October 22nd, 2019, 07:02 AM
I did the lightening honey treatment on my hair according to the recipe on the first page! I used a dark honeydew honey blend and distilled water, and cinnamon. I let it develop for an hour and then put it in my hair with a makeup brush, wrapped it in plastic wrap and left it for an hour. Some strands of hair are way lighter now but most of my hair is not noticeably lighter. It probably takes more treatments to get a result so I will continue to do this treatment 1-2 times a week. I think I will try EVOO instead of cinnamon next time, and then both at the same time.

My hair has been bleached and dyed several times so it's probably hard to lighten and the old dye might stick more in some places than others. I will report back when I get new results!

EliL
April 14th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Hi All, I am brand new and started reading all the information and it is so much. It will take me a long time but I will eventually get there. Many thanks for this forum and the useful information. I have a question regarding honey lightening - does it have any impact on grey hair (i.e. does it make any tint)? May be this was discussed but I still havenít found it. Many thanks in advance.

EliL
May 6th, 2020, 02:59 PM
Ok, so here are some updates: I did the honey lightening two times, exactly as described on the first page. Both times it did not lighten my natural dark roots but I think it lightened a little bit my chemically dyed hair length. My hair felt soft and silky and very shiny. In the future I might do it for the conditioning, but I don’t think the lightening works for me.

SleepyTangles
May 9th, 2020, 02:36 AM
Ok, so here are some updates: I did the honey lightening two times, exactly as described on the first page. Both times it did not lighten my natural dark roots but I think it lightened a little bit my chemically dyed hair length. My hair felt soft and silky and very shiny. In the future I might do it for the conditioning, but I don’t think the lightening works for me.

Honey lightening definitively gives a beautiful shine! As a natural brunette, I also remember that on me was more like a "natural highlights booster" than a proper lightener...

EliL
May 10th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Honey lightening definitively gives a beautiful shine! As a natural brunette, I also remember that on me was more like a "natural highlights booster" than a proper lightener...

SleepyTangles, thank you - it seems indeed somewhat individual for every type of hair. It is good to know that honey lightening can boost natural highlights of brunette hair. I am aiming at some more natural hair dying options, but for now my natural brunette roots (with a bit of silver) are becoming bigger and bigger :)