PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

likelikepenny
October 23rd, 2018, 04:39 PM
I was gonna make a huge post announcing I'm back, but I'm lazy so.... hi everyone! I'm back, relaxed, and growing to BSL (bun waves; I'm currently at waist stretched).

Over the winter I greatly abused my hair by flat ironing weekly but since I've cut off about an inch, everything seems to be fine damage wise. My hair is pretty resilient so, thank goodness.

I really did love my curls but it was just so thick lol. Plus as it got longer, hair care got harder. It never dried even after two days and didn't fit into my lifestyle as a soon to be university student. I'm really happy with the ease of hair care nowadays and I'm much less obsessed with my hair growth that I can enjoy my hair day to day.

lithostoic
October 23rd, 2018, 05:06 PM
Welcome back!

lapushka
October 23rd, 2018, 05:12 PM
Welcome back! :)

AutobotsAttack
October 23rd, 2018, 05:34 PM
So does this mean you’ll be in the Relaxed Hair Thread for a while? Lol. Welcome back to the relaxed side! Lol

Alissalocks
October 23rd, 2018, 05:36 PM
Good to see you again!

likelikepenny
October 23rd, 2018, 06:49 PM
So does this mean you’ll be in the Relaxed Hair Thread for a while? Lol. Welcome back to the relaxed side! Lol

I will! This is actually my first time being relaxed so I need all the help I can get lol.

Ylva
October 23rd, 2018, 06:51 PM
Welcome back!

Dark40
October 23rd, 2018, 08:45 PM
Welcome back! :) It's so good to see you! Also, welcome to he Relaxed Hair Thread! I'm there as well too! If you need any help with anything let us know..lol.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 24th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Nice to see you back again, and to know that you are happy with your hair now :)

ravenskey
October 24th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Welcome back!

Corvana
October 24th, 2018, 04:51 PM
It's good to see you back!! I'm glad you're loving your hair now, as well!

Andthetalltrees
October 25th, 2018, 01:15 AM
Hey I remember you being around on the shoulder to APL(or was it APL to BSL?) thread with me forever ago!

YvetteVarie
October 25th, 2018, 03:48 AM
Welcome back!!! Had missed seeing your posts on the Kinky 4s thread

Starbunny
October 25th, 2018, 04:45 AM
Welcome back!

proo
October 25th, 2018, 06:12 AM
Hey girl ��

school of fish
October 25th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Happy to see you back! Also happy you're enjoying your hair - I'm a big believer in liveability myself :D

likelikepenny
October 25th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone :)

_fred_
October 25th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Welcome back :D It's so great you're happy with your hair care now, happy growing! blossom:

lapushka
October 25th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Can I tell you I was actually surprised to read you had relaxed your hair, as I never thought you would, but we don't judge here. You have to do what is manageable for you. I loved my perms (curly perms), even though they're technically not quite the same, but I felt I could cope with my hair better for a while there too. So I do get it. I grew them out as I have learned to deal with what I got but it's tough enough sometimes!

likelikepenny
October 25th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Can I tell you I was actually surprised to read you had relaxed your hair, as I never thought you would, but we don't judge here. You have to do what is manageable for you. I loved my perms (curly perms), even though they're technically not quite the same, but I felt I could cope with my hair better for a while there too. So I do get it. I grew them out as I have learned to deal with what I got but it's tough enough sometimes!

It was very surprising for me as well haha. I'm sure I'll go natural again in the future because, as I said, I absolutely love my curls. Even now with three inches of new growth and I'm tempted to grow it out but it just doesn't fit into my lifestyle at the moment.

Also, I've never been relaxed before and I've always wanted to try it, just once ;)

Dark40
October 25th, 2018, 08:58 PM
I was also surprised that you've transitioned from curly hair to relaxed hair too! I hope you like it. I love my curls too but it doesn't fit into my lifestyle either, and I find that straight hair is much more manageable to me than curly hair. My curls and hair is sooooo thick!!! lol. Even my relaxed hair is still thick. In which I'm still glad of that. I'd rather thick hair and a thick hemline than a thin or fine ends.

likelikepenny
October 26th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I was also surprised that you've transitioned from curly hair to relaxed hair too! I hope you like it. I love my curls too but it doesn't fit into my lifestyle either, and I find that straight hair is much more manageable to me than curly hair. My curls and hair is sooooo thick!!! lol. Even my relaxed hair is still thick. In which I'm still glad of that. I'd rather thick hair and a thick hemline than a thin or fine ends.

I completely agree. I still have trouble brushing because of th thickness but I'm glad it has remained thick through the chemical processing :D

Dark40
October 26th, 2018, 09:53 PM
I completely agree. I still have trouble brushing because of th thickness but I'm glad it has remained thick through the chemical processing :D

Yes, what kind of brush are you using? I use a plastic brush. I bet you are glad that it has remained thick through the chemical processing :D. I'm also glad mine still remains thick after the chemical processing too! Because, I both relax and color my hair but i spread out the treatments. Like, one week do the relaxing, and then I wait 2 weeks to color.

likelikepenny
October 27th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Yes, what kind of brush are you using? I use a plastic brush. I bet you are glad that it has remained thick through the chemical processing :D. I'm also glad mine still remains thick after the chemical processing too! Because, I both relax and color my hair but i spread out the treatments. Like, one week do the relaxing, and then I wait 2 weeks to color.

I'm six months post relaxer so I'm not doing much brushing for fear of breakage tbh. Usually though, I detangle with a wide tooth comb and then go over it with a modified denman. Basically the same as when I was natural lol.

I'm so curious about colouring once I get closer to my goal length, although I've been told that relaxers and colour services don't mix. Do you bleach? How much lighter do you go in colour? Have you noticed more breakage?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd be really happy if you could walk me through your colouring process.

TatsuOni
October 27th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Welcome back! :)

Dark40
October 27th, 2018, 05:52 PM
I'm six months post relaxer so I'm not doing much brushing for fear of breakage tbh. Usually though, I detangle with a wide tooth comb and then go over it with a modified denman. Basically the same as when I was natural lol.

I'm so curious about colouring once I get closer to my goal length, although I've been told that relaxers and colour services don't mix. Do you bleach? How much lighter do you go in colour? Have you noticed more breakage?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd be really happy if you could walk me through your colouring process.

Ok, yeah I don't blame you for your fear of breakage with it being six months post relaxed. If I ever wait that long before I relax I wouldn't brush my hair too much either. Yes, detangling with a wide tooth comb is the best. That's what I also use for detangling as well. I don't have any issues or problems with tangles as long as my hair is. Yeah, I know whatcha mean as far as it being the same as when you are natural...lol.

Yes, when you reach your goals you can start colouring! Relaxers and colouring not mixing? No, that's not true. I've been doing both for many years, and I've never had any issues. I've never had any breakage or hair loss. You just have to know what you're doing and be careful mixing chemicals. When I'm choosing my colour I always go 2 or 3 shade lighter than my natural hair colour. No, I don't use bleach with the kind of relaxer I use. It does recommend you use bleach. So, when I'm choosing my shade I always choose the lightest shade of blonde, and it always lightens up my hair to a beautiful shade of strawberry blonde without any breakage!!!

Sure, I would happy to help you walk through my colouring process!!! :)

Jo Ann
October 28th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Penny, looks good! :cool:

It's great to have you back! :face: