PDA

View Full Version : Tangle Teaser

Wravyn
October 23rd, 2018, 12:59 PM
What is the difference between a Tangle Teaser and a regular hairbrush?

Synester
October 23rd, 2018, 01:53 PM
the bristles are a flexible plastic, helps reduce Tugging on the strands. I love mine, its all I use. I own a wet brush too which is similar. flexible bristles

Makyle
October 23rd, 2018, 02:23 PM

Simple answer for me - the amount of breakage.

I use to use a normal hardbrush (with the little balls at the end of the bristles) If these balls crack or break they tug at the hair or the hair catches in the cracks and tears resulting in damage, if you have a hardbrush where the little balls are have been added on (usually they are a different colour to the bristles then - I hope im being clear), then the hair can get caught in the tiny little space where they have been attached even when brand new.

A tangle teezer is usually a plastic hollow hand held "brush" with no handle, the bristles are a soft plastic that is firm enough to detangle brilliantly but soft enough to give in case of a snag - I read somewhere that the teezer is hollow to A. make it light weight and allow to more easily control the pressure you use and B. to allow you to more clearly hear if there is a snag as the sounds is much louder as it reverberates on the bristles.

I only use a Tangle teezer and BBB now and I am super happy with mine.

Hope this helps :)

Wravyn
October 23rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
Simple answer for me - the amount of breakage.

I use to use a normal hardbrush (with the little balls at the end of the bristles) If these balls crack or break they tug at the hair or the hair catches in the cracks and tears resulting in damage, if you have a hardbrush where the little balls are have been added on (usually they are a different colour to the bristles then - I hope im being clear), then the hair can get caught in the tiny little space where they have been attached even when brand new.

A tangle teezer is usually a plastic hollow hand held "brush" with no handle, the bristles are a soft plastic that is firm enough to detangle brilliantly but soft enough to give in case of a snag - I read somewhere that the teezer is hollow to A. make it light weight and allow to more easily control the pressure you use and B. to allow you to more clearly hear if there is a snag as the sounds is much louder as it reverberates on the bristles.

I only use a Tangle teezer and BBB now and I am super happy with mine.

Hope this helps :)

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you (everyone). Sounds like it might be worth giving a try then.

Ylva
October 23rd, 2018, 03:23 PM
A regular brush will not fly out of your hand when it hits the tiniest tangle but a Tangle Teezer will.

I speak from experience. :rollin:

Alila
October 23rd, 2018, 03:52 PM
A regular brush will not fly out of your hand when it hits the tiniest tangle but a Tangle Teezer will.

I speak from experience. :rollin:

:rollin: so me. That thing just goes flying everwhere. It's worth it though. Honestly the best brush I've ever owned.

The Ultimate tangle teezer does have a handle btw and I don't throw it around nearly as much. The bristels are a bit harder than in the original tangle teezer though.

lapushka
October 23rd, 2018, 04:01 PM

Why not just get a Tangle Teezer and find out? You won't know until you try. For some people it's the greatest invention since sliced bread, and for others it is a PITA brush. :lol:

Wravyn
October 23rd, 2018, 04:10 PM
Why not just get a Tangle Teezer and find out? You won't know until you try. For some people it's the greatest invention since sliced bread, and for others it is a PITA brush. :lol:

I did looked it up, but to me it just looked like a regular brush without a handle. And I see no reason to spend money on another brush if it's going to work the same way as the ones I already have... but with a fancier name. :lol: So I figured I'd ask since I've seen it mentioned on here before. I likely won't be buying it, at least not anytime soon. My comb works just fine for my current length.

Ylva
October 23rd, 2018, 04:58 PM
:rollin: so me. That thing just goes flying everwhere. It's worth it though. Honestly the best brush I've ever owned.

The Ultimate tangle teezer does have a handle btw and I don't throw it around nearly as much. The bristels are a bit harder than in the original tangle teezer though.

Ah, that's good to know in case I feel like giving it a shot. For now I'm loving the Wet Brush, works better for me than the TT. :) Plus it has a proper handle!

Deborah
October 23rd, 2018, 05:06 PM
Dollar Tree has a good knock-off version for one buck. It might be a good idea if you don't want to spend ten or more dollars for the name brand brush, but would like to try one.

Milady_DeWinter
October 24th, 2018, 12:21 AM
I love so much my tangle Teezer, best brush I ever owned. Mine is the one for thick or curly hair, just bought a replacement that will be delivered today :) My bf loves it too!

I tried replicas, but so far they just weren't the same, with much harder tines that hurt or so flexibles than just didn't combed...

illicitlizard
October 24th, 2018, 03:25 AM
You can get TTs now with legit handles just fyi, that's what turned me off them for the longest time but yeah. They have a wet detangler (what I've got) and another one with a thicker handle afaik. Love a good tangle teezer. First recommended to me by my hairdresser years back, still does a great job (and gently).

Starbunny
October 24th, 2018, 05:15 AM
I loooove my Tangle Teezer. Been using it for years on wet and dry hair.

Eastbound&Down
October 24th, 2018, 09:35 AM
I only use my TT. I have the original that I use in the shower sometimes and the handle one that I use on dry hair. It has saved my hair. I have no doubt that that brush is the reason I have no splits even after almost a year of no trims. It's worth the money IMO.

Corvana
October 24th, 2018, 03:27 PM
I got one and liked it well enough, but also got a Wet Brush and prefer that one. They both have very flexible bristles, so tangles don't ever get ripped through or out. I usually just find one and finger detangle it if a couple passes won't get it (if it's a little tighter or there's a shed or lint in it). I've got a bit of a sensitive scalp, so I like that the wet brush's bristles have the knobblies that are gentler on my flesh hehe. And the flexible bristles help for both in terms of gentle detangling.

I didn't think there was a difference between a standard paddle brush and wet brush, but the softness of the bristles is really obvious. Tangle teezer has the same softness! But with pokier ends :laugh:

Twig
October 25th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Good to know about the Wet Brush, thanks! I have a TT and like it well enough, but I saw a similar brush by Goody. Has anyone here tried it?