PDA

View Full Version : Styles for Short hair

lostchyld
October 22nd, 2018, 12:23 PM
I have hair that is going on shoulder length. Right now I can just barely do a half up ponytail, but it's too short to braid, unless I do half pigtails, which look extremely "young" on me. I wish I could crown braid.

I need some ideas to get the locks out of my face and off my neck that only takes a little time. In a couple more months, I might be able to do an upside down braid, but it's not long enough yet.

I hate middling short hair, it's the hardest to get through once it's long enough all around to sit on my neck. I would cut, but then it would be this length again for summer and that would be worse.

I have curly hair, I can only half up if I style wet. I'm getting so frustrated with the growing out process and I'm wishing I hadn't cut my tbl hair, even though I enjoyed the short hair for nearly 4 years. I'm just ready for long hair again.

How do I get through this length without negating the 4 years of fun I had with short hair?

spidermom
October 22nd, 2018, 01:20 PM
Check out Milabu on YouTube. She has hair about that length and many ways to style it.

emilyogini
October 22nd, 2018, 04:26 PM
I agree with spidermom!

Obsidian
October 22nd, 2018, 06:34 PM
I use headbands and side combs to get the hair away from my face. Not always the prettiest but at least I can deal with it that way.

Vacurlylady
October 22nd, 2018, 06:49 PM
I’m a curly too. I’ve been pulling my bangs back with clips all summer and fall. I just received my very first flexi clip today. I, too, am anxious to be able to put it all up! I’m going to check out Malibu and see if I can do some of her styles! I enjoyed pixie styles for many, many years. The grow out is a pain, but I think it will be worth it to stay the course!

swivelhop
October 22nd, 2018, 11:15 PM
I got some warnings... About goal lengths,
you all need to read rats lice and history.