PDA

View Full Version : Long haired partner

Anathema
November 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
The best thing about having a long haired boyfriend is definately not the fact that people seem to think that we're having some kind of competition who can grow their hair longer than the other, but that I can go around play with his hair whenever I feel a bit bored! I take advantage of it and try out different updos on him to see if I am even able to make what I first intended, see how it actually looks in real life and also practice some things that I want to be able to do.

Too bad that it's way more difficult to do things on one self than him though.. Just need more practice though, right? :)

I found this today:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82

The outcome in my home tonight is this:
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4238/waveseb4.jpg

You just got to love how he puts up with it!

Comfrey
November 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
I found this today:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82

hehehehe this is known as ragging and back when I was a wee one it was quite common place for mothers to do this to their daughters to make them have curly hair.

I didnt have this happen to me though because my parents kept my hair as short as a boys :(

Magicknthenight
November 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Well that's cool that he has long hair too xD
I looked at the link you gave
but the picture you posted isn't working? At least for me??

Anathema
November 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
hehehehe this is known as ragging and back when I was a wee one it was quite common place for mothers to do this to their daughters to make them have curly hair.

I didnt have this happen to me though because my parents kept my hair as short as a boys :(

Aww! Evil parents! Or maybe they were just trying to be kind to their kids..? I love curls, and I had never seen this method before which is why I needed to try it out on the boyfriend. :D

Anathema
November 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Well that's cool that he has long hair too xD
I looked at the link you gave
but the picture you posted isn't working? At least for me??

I switched to hosting the image at imageshack! Does it work now?

Thrasher07
November 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
My boyfriend had long hair, about mens BSL lol, he won't let me ever touch it though. :( He's not sure how long he's gonna grow it, but he thinks he doesn't want it past waist

Elainehali
November 3rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
lolrof that looks farmilliar!

:joy:

You really must post pics of the waves later.

Kirin
November 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
My husband started growing his hair, and is disheartened mine seems to grow faster LOL. Granted, it seems like it, but his is thick and wavy, mine fine with a barely there wave. He's annoyed, he's been at the "akward" stage now for nearly six months.

zift
November 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Hehe I totally agree, playing with your man's hair is fun. I do that all the time too especially when he rests on my lap and takes a nap and wakes up with lots of braids:D it's fun to see his face*lol*

dancingmegs
November 3rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Hehe I totally agree, playing with your man's hair is fun. I do that all the time too especially when he rests on my lap and takes a nap and wakes up with lots of braids:D it's fun to see his face*lol*
Hee! I love the visual, zift!

My BF used to have long hair (between mid-back and waist), but he cut it short a year or so ago, and has no plans to grow it out again. :(

lorig713
November 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Anathema, I agree, it is nice to have a long-haired partner. DH's hair is at tailbone without even trying and I am at knee-length at 48" (like you). I'm surprised we don't clog up the drain more than we do.

Happy Long Hair to You! :toast:

Bubbleguppy
November 3rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
My boyfriend (Gumball) has very long hair (to his waist/almost hip when it's wet cause it's curly), and he always lets me play with it :) he loves when I do his hair!

Magicknthenight
November 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
I switched to hosting the image at imageshack! Does it work now?
yes it does
lucky you!:)
ETA: what did it look like afterwords?

Anathema
November 4th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Thrasher07:
Waist is a very good length! Too bad that he doesn't want you to play around with his hair though. Did you ever try, and what was his reaction?

Elainehali:
He's sleeping now, waiting for him to wake up so I can let his hair loose again. A picture or two will sure come up! :)

Kirin:
Does he try to care for his hair much? And what stage is the akward stage? :o

zift:
Haha! I used to do that too, but my man got annoyed as hell as soon as he noticed that I put braids in his hair. No clue why, but he sure doesn't like them unless I use them for an updo and take it out right afterwards when I've completed it..

dancingmegs:
That's a shame. :/ I love long hair on men! Why did he cut it off?

Anathema
November 4th, 2008, 12:20 AM
lorig713:
That's great! I guess it's pretty much the same with my BF. :D He just stopped cutting it and let it grow.. It's long, but it's not in the greatest of shapes and I've been trying to use coconut oil every once in a while (he doesn't want to bother with it), and force him to use conditioner, but he's not too fond of how heavy it feels when he's slathering it on, so.. It's a no go.
He's at tailbone, just as your husband! I wish my hair was at knee length too at 48". I envy you!

Bubbleguppy:
Oh, so it's you that he has to thank for that wonderful updo in his profile picture, for an example? :D Awesome!

Magicknthenight:
Yay for the picture working now!
Another picture will come up soon enough, when he wakes up and I can remove the rags from his hair. :)

Robbi Dehlinger
November 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Check out CountessDeJager!

Bill's is long, her's is VERY long (floor)

trolleypup
November 4th, 2008, 12:39 AM
No competition here either...we're both at terminal, at thigh and floor. Hair minion time is good!

Robbi Dehlinger
November 4th, 2008, 12:57 AM
How very KEWL:)

ilovelonghair
November 4th, 2008, 04:46 AM
My guy doesn't allow me to do anything with his hair:(. He gets upset when I try to put a braid or a half updo (my favorite style), both look really good on him, but he thinks it's weird. I'm still trying to convince him to keep his hair growing. He has bsl lenght (lol that sounds stupid) and doesn't want it longer, he actually wants it a bit shorter. I reallly don't like shorter hair then what he has now, I think it's just starting to look nice now it's getting longer. Well I just try to never mention the word 'hair dresser' LOL, so far he still hasn't gone, but I dread the day if he does (I don't trust hair dressers, and maybe not even my guy!) , anyway I know he would be really upset if I went to the hairdresser and cut my hair off, but I'd never do that.

Btw I have seen pictures of him with hip lenght hair, it looked really really nice. And he even had longer hair then that but I haven't seen pictures of that yet. Now I hope he'll grow it terminal, he has that kind of hair that just can keep on growing.

DavidN
November 4th, 2008, 04:58 AM
A very special someone in my life has the most beautiful long silver hair, and it is a delight when she did a braid in my own hair, and a bun as well, when I visited her in September. She even gave me a hairstick as a gift! I am looking forward to having her teach me more styles in my hair!

Anathema
November 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I promised to put up a picture of the waves my boyfriend got, so here it is!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8877/waves2ta4.jpg

At first they were very bouncy and tight, but after a couple of hours his natural waves in his lengths took over and dominated, while the waves closer to his scalp looks pretty much the same. Had to take the picture with a flash since I had to pester him for a while so he actually woke up.

My guy doesn't allow me to do anything with his hair:(. He gets upset when I try to put a braid or a half updo (my favorite style), both look really good on him, but he thinks it's weird.

Could it be because he doesn't think it's manly enough or something with updos..? I think that's somewhat of an issue with my BF since he rather not leave the home without letting his hair loose again or just putting it up in a regular pony tail.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 4th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Soooo PRETTY!

He is blessed:)

Gumball
November 5th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Bubbleguppy:
Oh, so it's you that he has to thank for that wonderful updo in his profile picture, for an example? :D Awesome!

It's very possible! I can't remember if I did that or if she did it. Either way it's done. :D We do each other's hair often enough so we don't have to learn how to do too much on ourselves. I can't french braid my hair worth a darn. I can braid hers just fine.

Katze
November 5th, 2008, 12:14 AM
wow, what great waves! Your sweetie has lovely thick hair already!

My BF has a sensitive scalp and gets fussy if I pull too much, but he's been asking me to 'do his hair' more often, and, when it's not a work day, letting me try all kinds of things. A Dutch braid from crown to ends somehow looks really good and 'masculine' on him, kind of like a mohawk.

ilovelonghair
November 5th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Could it be because he doesn't think it's manly enough or something with updos..? I think that's somewhat of an issue with my BF since he rather not leave the home without letting his hair loose again or just putting it up in a regular pony tail.

I don't think it has to do with hairstyles not being 'manly' enough, he wears his hair down a lot and also in some sort of bun (the kind of bun thing Orlando Bloom used to wear before cutting his hair).
No I think it is because he associates certain hair styles with certain people, for example he thinks a half updo is worn by 'dragon and dungeons-people', whatever that is and he doesn't want people to think he is someone like that. But half updo's are actually worn by all sorts of guys. I have no idea what he associates a braid with, he probably would come up with another funny explanation.

TammySue
November 5th, 2008, 03:44 AM
My special someone has long hair; I love it and will help him on his journey to grow his hair to whatever length he desires! I also love the fact that he is the first man in my life who truly adores my long hair. Since my hair is a special part of me, he loves all of me! :inlove:

rockkcor
November 5th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Growing hair together with someone you love - it is better than a wedding rong :)
You can cut it in a second but to grow it takes years - just as heart an br broken in a second, while true love grows stronger trough time :)
I wish I'll find someone that shares the same passion for long hair as I do... We would both grow it to the terminal length then :)

It is just that we boys are sometimes bit itchy about playing with it… Perhaps we are the ones that had hard time to accept that we really want wery long hair…

But to braid two floorlength hair together in one long braid that has grown together as a result of love – hey – it is closest thing to Haven to me ;)

:)

Robbi Dehlinger
November 5th, 2008, 03:52 AM
How incredibly romantic!

I LOVE it!

JessTheMess
November 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Growing hair together with someone you love - it is better than a wedding rong :)
You can cut it in a second but to grow it takes years - just as heart an br broken in a second, while true love grows stronger trough time :)
I wish I'll find someone that shares the same passion for long hair as I do... We would both grow it to the terminal length then :)

It is just that we boys are sometimes bit itchy about playing with it… Perhaps we are the ones that had hard time to accept that we really want wery long hair…

But to braid two floorlength hair together in one long braid that has grown together as a result of love – hey – it is closest thing to Haven to me ;)

:)

This made me feel like :cloud9: So romantic!!!

I can't wait for my DF's hair to grow back. He wants to let it grow as long as he can. Right now it is only about 2" long, but his hair grows pretty quickly. I envy his waves when it does grow out.

br
November 5th, 2008, 02:42 PM
wow! you did abeatiful hairstyle to your long haired boyfriend.does he style your hair too?

Anathema
November 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Katze: I know! It's kind of weird how thick his hair is considering he has been neglecting it for the past nine years. That was the last time he actually cut it, and I guess he never wanted to spend any time on taking care of it. I'm trying to help him a bit to take care of his hair better, and soon I'll convince him to trim it too!

ilovelonghair: I actually have no clue how Orlando Bloom used to wear his hair, but I get the point about your BF not wanting to look like the "D&D"-people. Not saying that I think that all male guys with halfups look like "fantasy nerds" or anything though, but I hear him!

TammySue: Awwww! That's great! I used to have a boyfriend who loved my hair, but that was pretty much the only reason he wanted to be with me..

rockkcor: You sure are a romantic! :D I bet a lot of women wouldn't mind growing their hair with you! I just hope that you'll find yourself a great woman who shares your point if view if you didn't do that already.

br: I wish he did, but.. he can't. Sometimes he tries to help when I'm struggling with putting my own hair up in a special way, but it never ends up very good, so I try to refrain myself from asking for his help. :/ He also tried doing a regular braid on me a couple of times but they always end up so loose that they almost get uncomfortable for me.

ilovelonghair
November 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM
ilovelonghair: I actually have no clue how Orlando Bloom used to wear his hair

I tried to find a proper picture of Orlando, but couldn't find anything from that time, so I cut one out of a video and the ones of my guy just don't show the bun properly, but hopefully it makes a bit of sense:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh17/ilovelonghair/hair.jpg

basically you make this by making a ponytail first and then put the elastic around again, but not pulling the ponytail completely trough. Heaps of guys over here wear their hair like this.

but I get the point about your BF not wanting to look like the "D&D"-people. Not saying that I think that all male guys with halfups look like "fantasy nerds" or anything though, but I hear him!

I know heaps of people who like fantasy books/movies (I'm one of them) and they are no nerds. So I don't know where that idea comes from. Maybe such groups of people do exist, but I have no knowledge of that, and I rather don't label people. My bf is scared of being labelled, not just labelled as being some kind of nerd or something, but as anything.

GlassEyes
November 6th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I'd love to be labelled as 'one of those D&D' people. ^_^

I'd also love to date someone with long hair. You people are lucky. xD;

lorig713
November 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
lorig713:
That's great! I guess it's pretty much the same with my BF. :D He just stopped cutting it and let it grow.. It's long, but it's not in the greatest of shapes and I've been trying to use coconut oil every once in a while (he doesn't want to bother with it), and force him to use conditioner, but he's not too fond of how heavy it feels when he's slathering it on, so.. It's a no go.
He's at tailbone, just as your husband! I wish my hair was at knee length too at 48". I envy you!

Thank you! :)

Drynwhyl
November 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
My boyfriend has long hair too, it's quite shorter than mine, I'd say about 40cm...
Healthier ant prettier than most of the girls' I know. We both adore long hair, and are growing it together ^^
...and the looks we get on the street are priceless :p
It's wonderful when you kiss and it's not just YOUR hair that gets in your mouths xD