PDA

View Full Version : Spirulina and inositol for hair loss

Capricornhem
October 20th, 2018, 09:43 AM
I have talked about this before but I have gone through hair loss and I am trying to recover as quickly as possible.

I have already gone to the doctors and have had my bloodwork checked out. I am anaemic as well as low in vitamin d and I'm currently taking supplements for that.

I have spoken to a few people about my issue and they have reccomended me to take spirulina or inositol as they help with hair loss recovery.

One person even said "inositol makes my hair grow 1 1/2" a month now. I don't wear protective styles, straighten my hair on the highest heat almost every day, hair is long and thick."

I am thinking about buying both, however I have decided to post on here to see what your opinions are and hoping that you guys could help.

Does spirulina help with hair growth / hairloss recovery?

Have you ever taken inositol before? How was it and did it improve your hair?

Thank you.

lapushka
October 20th, 2018, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't go crazy with supplementation. If you are anemic and have to take iron, and also vit.D, that is about enough. I would not try and take other things on top of that, until the hair settles back down, but that's me.

I wouldn't believe the "miracles" people share, but that's me as well. ;)

The main thing is the iron shortage, that is notorious for hair loss; just work on getting that back to normal, then it will take some time for the hair to grow back in (whatever you lost). Give it *time*!

Have a good recovery!

Capricornhem
October 22nd, 2018, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't go crazy with supplementation. If you are anemic and have to take iron, and also vit.D, that is about enough. I would not try and take other things on top of that, until the hair settles back down, but that's me.

I wouldn't believe the "miracles" people share, but that's me as well. ;)

The main thing is the iron shortage, that is notorious for hair loss; just work on getting that back to normal, then it will take some time for the hair to grow back in (whatever you lost). Give it *time*!

Have a good recovery!

Thank you for replying. I agree,I shouldnt let myself be so impatient and rush to buy random supplements that were reccomended to me.

chrissy-b
October 24th, 2018, 09:36 AM
I used to take inositol (not for hair) and did not notice a change. Same with spirulina.

I'm also anemic and have low vitamin d, and I can tell you that I have TONS of new hair growth with supplementation. Give the iron and D3 time to work before you go adding new things so you will know what supplement is helping.

Maple
October 24th, 2018, 10:36 AM
I took spirulina for several months because I was told is has a high amount of iron, but other iron supplements work much better for me. I definitely noticed an effect from taking the iron supplements - good for my overall health and hair loss recovery!