PDA

View Full Version : Trouble taming the damn puffy hair.

Margarita
October 20th, 2018, 05:09 AM
Hi! My hair has reached the back length! Which means? Easier and faster puffy. Have any other curly-girl struggle with puffy especially when you sleep? I consider that pillows make curly hair puffy the next day. I stopped wearing the clips, but my hair keeps getting puffy the next day and ofcourse that puffy make my hair shrink even more, and its really awful. Im thinking into putting my hair in light pigtails or just a simple ponytail. I have an update for the mousse: I use a 3level mousse now for curly/wavy hair and its really cool because it doesnt leave my hair puffy after shower. But, again, when i sleep i wake up with puffy hair. :confused::rolleyes::( Any solutions?

Sarahlabyrinth
October 20th, 2018, 05:12 AM
Try using a silk or satin pillowcase, or wear a silk or satin sleep cap, that helps prevent a lot of frizziness, as does smoothing a drop or two of oil through your hair.

Sid0rela
October 20th, 2018, 05:19 AM
i used to have really frizzy hair earlier this year, before i began taking care of my hair and i couldnt go out with natural hair because it was a thick frizzy mess.
now, after i changed my routine, i go out with my natural wash and go hair and it happened gradually but haircare is so important.
first i changed into a silk pillowcase, witch saved my hair tbh.
when i wash my hair i rinse it with cold water before i finish my routine, as it seems to help with frizzyness.
i do protective styling when sleeping es. 2 braids.
i do a deep conditioning mask every week.
and i oil the ends of my hair everyday with argan oil. (i damp my hair before i apply oil)
i also brush my hair with a TT.
i dont use heat, and imo this has helped tremendously.

Margarita
October 20th, 2018, 05:45 AM
I do not own any satin or silk pillowcase, and i doubt if i ever want to buy one or two. I rinse my hair with lukewarm water, actually. I put on a hair mask every week. As for oil, i dont know. I dont know if its beneficial to add oil to hair when it already has mousse from before. I NEVER brush my hair, and ofcourse i NEVER use heat :D

Sid0rela
October 20th, 2018, 06:01 AM
I do not own any satin or silk pillowcase, and i doubt if i ever want to buy one or two. I rinse my hair with lukewarm water, actually. I put on a hair mask every week. As for oil, i dont know. I dont know if its beneficial to add oil to hair when it already has mousse from before. I NEVER brush my hair, and ofcourse i NEVER use heat :D

i have quite straight hair, that is tick and was at some point puffy and frizzy but im not curly so i cant recommend any product.
i hope you find something to help you.:)

spidermom
October 20th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Do you contain it somehow when you sleep? I put my hair into a loose-ish top-of-head ponytail but don't pull the final loop all the way through. It really helps the way my hair looks the next day.

lapushka
October 20th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Hi! My hair has reached the back length! Which means? Easier and faster puffy. Have any other curly-girl struggle with puffy especially when you sleep? I consider that pillows make curly hair puffy the next day. I stopped wearing the clips, but my hair keeps getting puffy the next day and ofcourse that puffy make my hair shrink even more, and its really awful. Im thinking into putting my hair in light pigtails or just a simple ponytail. I have an update for the mousse: I use a 3level mousse now for curly/wavy hair and its really cool because it doesnt leave my hair puffy after shower. But, again, when i sleep i wake up with puffy hair. :confused::rolleyes::( Any solutions?

What do you mean by "puffy"? Frizz or just volume. It is normal to get more volume as the days go on, some even "pick it out" with a pick on first day to get that effect. It's... normal.

Do yo have a picture of your hair "puffy". At least I can get what you mean by that exactly then. :flower:

Margarita
October 20th, 2018, 01:20 PM
What do you mean by "puffy"? Frizz or just volume. It is normal to get more volume as the days go on, some even "pick it out" with a pick on first day to get that effect. It's... normal.

Do yo have a picture of your hair "puffy". At least I can get what you mean by that exactly then. :flower:

I mean puffy 'frizzy and too much volume' it makes my hair look shorter and ugly framing my face. Im afraid i dont have a picture, i'll have to post a picture of my puffy hair maybe a few days later if you dont mind so you can suggest me a few solutions. So, in other words, when my hair becomes puffy after 2-3 days, i wet well all of my hair and then i use my mousse, scrunch, and then it gets to normal and being beautiful hair again.

lapushka
October 20th, 2018, 01:38 PM
I mean puffy 'frizzy and too much volume' it makes my hair look shorter and ugly framing my face. Im afraid i dont have a picture, i'll have to post a picture of my puffy hair maybe a few days later if you dont mind so you can suggest me a few solutions. So, in other words, when my hair becomes puffy after 2-3 days, i wet well all of my hair and then i use my mousse, scrunch, and then it gets to normal and being beautiful hair again.

You do have to "refresh" the hair if you leave it out wavy/curly. So re-wetting it and putting some sort of styling agent back in is about normal too. :flower:

nycelle
October 20th, 2018, 01:44 PM
you have two choices, refresh in the morning, or sleep with your hair on something smooth. since you're opposed to a satin weave pillowcase, then your option is to refresh in the morning. The entire reason you're getting frizz is because your hair is rubbing against a pillowcase.

Dark40
October 20th, 2018, 04:14 PM
You may also want to try Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Frizz Control Leave-In Conditioning Cream. That helps to tame my frizzies all of the time. Or, you can also try Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Frizz Control Milk. You can apply it to wet or dry hair. I use that for for frizzy hair all of the time.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 20th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Cotton pillow cases tends to absorb moisturises in your hair. More so when your hair is loose. You would benefit by adding something before sleep, containing your hair in a bonnet or changing your pillow case to a silk or satin weave.
Good luck.

Jo Ann
October 20th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Especially when it's humid outside, my hair can be "puffy" and frizzy. I use an argan oil blend to take care of the frizz and sleep with my hair in a loose rope braid, alternating sides each night (right side on odd days and left side on even days, for example).

And yes, I sleep on a microfiber cotton pillowcase.