PDA

View Full Version : Easy Buns for BSL Hair?

WyntreBlossom
October 19th, 2018, 10:33 AM
On my journey from APL to BSL I finally was able to do a LWB and I love it. I have worn my hair this way everyday for like... months. Other than wash days or an occasional braid.

However I am looking for some variety. I have found youtube tutorials for a few other buns that use hair sticks but my hair is just about an inch too short for some of them (Im right at/slightly past BSL).

Was wondering if there were any other fun hair stick buns for us shorter long haired growers <3

Zesty
October 19th, 2018, 02:01 PM
The first that comes to mind is a disc bun, though that's very similar to a LWB from what I remember. You could probably do other split buns, like a Chinese bun.

lapushka
October 19th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Maybe try a Nautilus? I could do a LWB at hip and a Nautilus at FTL. But my hair is rather thick, so I'm sure a Nautilus isn't that far out of reach for you! :) My mom can do all sorts of things with her hair at i thickness and she is about APL at the moment.

TreesOfEternity
October 19th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Cinnamon bun can be held with a stick as well. I wear the same bun almost everyday so I couldn’t tell, you can spice up any bun with some accent braids, hair combs, hair bands and such as well.

WyntreBlossom
October 19th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Maybe try a Nautilus? I could do a LWB at hip and a Nautilus at FTL. But my hair is rather thick, so I'm sure a Nautilus isn't that far out of reach for you! :) My mom can do all sorts of things with her hair at i thickness and she is about APL at the moment.

Nautilus and I fought a very long battle but the bun won and I did not :sad:

Im looking up and trying the others mentioned tonight <3 Thank you all!

Arciela
October 19th, 2018, 05:33 PM
I'd like to know this too! I am closing in on BSL and wish I could finally do my LWB..or nautilus but I am like lapushka, I have thick hair and it just doesn't work until its near waist/hip :( I've been doing peacock twists with claw clips for the time being.

WyntreBlossom
October 20th, 2018, 12:52 PM
I'd like to know this too! I am closing in on BSL and wish I could finally do my LWB..or nautilus but I am like lapushka, I have thick hair and it just doesn't work until its near waist/hip :( I've been doing peacock twists with claw clips for the time being.

Going to look a "how to" for a disc and give it a shot. I will let you know how it goes!

WyntreBlossom
October 20th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Update: The DISC Bun and I have made very good friends this morning. Going to see if we are still friends by the end of the day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5sSEBy7HQ < This is the tutorial I used <3 I hope it helps other BSL's looking for more buns :P I will try cinnamon bun tomorrow!

https://i.imgur.com/cpUvIhe.jpg

lapushka
October 20th, 2018, 04:15 PM
I'm glad you found a bun that works! :)