PDA

View Full Version : How do you use your boar bristle brush?

softheartedandl
October 18th, 2018, 09:24 PM
I've been using mine more regularly lately and I see a positive visible change with my hair! It's must softer and shinier. I was just wondering how y'all all use your brush and all of the different techniques/routines. :)

spirals
October 18th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Mine has nylon bristles interspersed so I use it almost exclusively. I only use my detangler when it's pretty tangled. I wear it down on wash day to air dry so I always use the detangler that night. But I prefer my BBB and use it every day. I do the ends first and work my way up, just like with any brush. I have curly hair but I wear it brushed out and put up or braided so a BBB works for me. Today my coworker remarked how shiny it looked so I guess whatever I'm doing is working.

The-Young-Maid
October 18th, 2018, 09:45 PM
I used to use one a lot several years ago until I realized it was pulling out a ton of baby hairs. When I stopped using it they grew out. I'm too afraid to use one now:shrug:

windflowers_mel
October 18th, 2018, 09:49 PM
I feel like I don't get the point of it. It doesn't go through to my scalp and it just makes the hair on my scalp plastered down and the ends poofy.

VersLaLumière
October 18th, 2018, 10:32 PM
I get really nice results with it when I do it right, as my hair is wavy.

I don’t use mine all that regularly, but when I do I brush with it, it has to be done at night before bed. I brush with BBB after finger detangling and combing, then set in an English braid or rope braid and and then go to sleep.

When I do this my hair is shiny in the morning, manageable and looks smoother and softer with less fly-aways. And held-together well if that makes sense (locks of hair look more like they were very lightly styled or put-together, versus more random). Also if my hair seemed slightly oily the night before, that oily feeling will have gone away thanks to the BBB spreading out oil and evening out the oil in my hair.

I can’t use it during the day because my wavy hair would end up poofy and triangular. When I do it at night, my hair has time to “settle” after a brushing and results will be good. The post-brush braid (or bun) is important in helping my hair to settle.

I also can’t use it on the same day at a wash as my hair is more prone to tangles on that day and any kind of comb or brush is usually a bad idea.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
October 21st, 2018, 06:46 AM
I only use mine in summer. I have curly hair which starts to loosen by day 2 or 3.
I comb first to detangle. Gently bring all my hair forwards section by section and bend forward. I then slowly glide the brush through and let my hand follow behind. Once done I glide my hands over my hair, part it, hold the two sections separately stand back up then place my hair back down. Glide my palms over my hair, comb, brush, comb again and then style.
It seems like a lot but I am done in about 5 to 10 minutes.
I find brushing helps clean my hair and scalp.

lapushka
October 21st, 2018, 07:32 AM
I used to use mine daily, and I had one with nylon bristles in, so not a totally natural BBB. Then I noticed my hair got fluffy and fuzzed out completely with it, so when I discovered my texture, I ditched it completely. Now I only use a Tangle Teezer and a Wet brush on wash day.