PDA

View Full Version : Confused again.

Julescarm
October 18th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I've been dealing with alot of split ends and shedding. I'm 15 weeks pregnant but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my hair. I've been eating as good as I can with taking care of a toddler and taking prenatal. I've been trying every type of moisturizing I can and have been wanting to wear my hair up as it has been tangling alot more. I noticed the hair that sheds is more than usual but it looks like it would at the end of the anagen phase. Definetly not pulled out early. I heard something about fall and shedding more but I hadn't noticed this before. I can't remember if I had already posted about this so I apologise in advance. Any thoughts?

Julescarm
October 18th, 2018, 05:37 PM
I forgot to add on that I noticed the hair is different lengths that shed.

LillyBlossom
October 18th, 2018, 06:39 PM
My friend just had her third child, the first two no hair issues at all, but this last one, so much shedding, its insane, she stayed at my house for the night and I couldn't believe how much of her hair was everywhere! Bub is 6months old now and she is still shedding heaps of hair, she is breastfeeding so she's hoping it stops after Bub is not breastfeeding anymore.

I feel for you, its really stressful for her as I'm sure it must be for you :grouphug:

Lauram
October 18th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Could be low iron? I would mention it to your dr to have them do. Blood panel

Julescarm
October 18th, 2018, 06:59 PM
I had no hair problems with first and major problems with second so this being my third it could be normal. Thank you.

Julescarm
October 18th, 2018, 07:05 PM
I don't think it is low iron as I've been eating alot of different protein. I'd ask my doctor to do a blood panel but he has so many other things going on that I've had to remind him of everything else. I'm considering switching doctors but I Havnt decided. I figured as long as it is growing and shedding at a somewhat steady pace ill try not to worry but it is hard. It can't be stress as I'm not overly stressed. Hardly anyone knows so I'm not worried about updates and such. This is almost like postpartum shedding. Could hair masks a few times a week be an issue? That and deep conditioning seems to be the only way I can have decent feeling hair. I can't even use my tangle teezer as it pulls globs of hair out. Not in patches thankfully.

The-Young-Maid
October 18th, 2018, 07:12 PM
You don't put oil or conditioner on your scalp do you? That could cause some major shedding. The hair masks shouldn't be a problem otherwise.

Julescarm
October 18th, 2018, 10:29 PM
You don't put oil or conditioner on your scalp do you? That could cause some major shedding. The hair masks shouldn't be a problem otherwise.

Ill keep this in mind and try it. I didn't have a problem before but hormones do crazy things. Ill give it a couple weeks not just a few washes every three days. Lol. Thank you for your suggestion.

lapushka
October 19th, 2018, 05:36 AM

Conditioner & also oils on the scalp can be notorious at causing shedding and not just hairs that would have come out anyway, no real "thinning" type shedding.

It might be due to the pregnancy.

I would, however, have your doctor do a blood panel. It is no luxury, I always say. You can see a lot in blood, esp. if you are deficient in anything!