View Full Version : Kristin Ess hair products

littlestarface
October 17th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Anyone using this? Its from target and I heard it smells really good. I'm gonna go on thursday to smell it but I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on her products?

Thanks

renia22
October 18th, 2018, 04:16 PM
I have not heard of this line, but now I’m curious to see what it smells like :)

littlestarface
October 18th, 2018, 04:22 PM
I smelled them all today and the smell is gorgeous! They are about $10 each so I dont know what to do I want 3 of her products and they are not big at all. I wish they were 33oz cuz I just love the smell.

C_Bookworm
October 18th, 2018, 04:46 PM
I smelled them all today and the smell is gorgeous! They are about $10 each so I dont know what to do I want 3 of her products and they are not big at all. I wish they were 33oz cuz I just love the smell.
Ohhhhh exciting! I can’t wait to smell it next time I’m in.

littlestarface
October 18th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Ohhhhh exciting! I can’t wait to smell it next time I’m in.

You should asap, they smell so good I wanted to get them today but I had no money on me after work.

C_Bookworm
October 18th, 2018, 05:16 PM
You should asap, they smell so good I wanted to get them today but I had no money on me after work.

I’ll try try to swing by tomorrow. :flower: I love smelling pretty things!

littlestarface
October 18th, 2018, 05:19 PM
I’ll try try to swing by tomorrow. :flower: I love smelling pretty things!

I'm hoping to find a perfume that smells like the products cuz I really wanna a perfume like that.

littlestarface
October 18th, 2018, 05:29 PM
I'm just so sad how tiny they are I mean look at the size https://www.kristinesshair.com/products/frizz-management-cleansing-conditioner its so tiny. That's only gonna last me a month, it sucks, well hopefully they work good. I'm gonna try the cleansing conditioner and the extra gentle ones.

C_Bookworm
October 18th, 2018, 05:33 PM
I'm hoping to find a perfume that smells like the products cuz I really wanna a perfume like that.
Don’t you hate when that happens? I feel the same way about Herbal Essence smooth collection. (The classic pink bottle that was huge in the 90s.) I’d kill for that scent as a perfume. But all I’ve been able to find is a dupe of the Herbal Essence classic scent, the green one from the 70s.

littlestarface
October 18th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Don’t you hate when that happens? I feel the same way about Herbal Essence smooth collection. (The classic pink bottle that was huge in the 90s.) I’d kill for that scent as a perfume. But all I’ve been able to find is a dupe of the Herbal Essence classic scent, the green one from the 70s.

It was my favorite in the 90s if only herbal essence had made a perfume of it that would've been so nice. All these dang hair places should have a matching perfume I dunno why they don't.

Have you smelled the new pacifica pineapple curls hair line? OMG it smells like a pina colada if you haven't smelled it when you go to target be sure to give it a sniff, it smells divine!

renia22
October 18th, 2018, 08:00 PM

Do tell, what does it smell like?

littlestarface
October 18th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Do tell, what does it smell like?

Its a soft floral woody fragrance, its hard to describe without washing with it but from just smelling the bottle it smelled heavenly. Its not a strong synthetic smell either, its really pretty.

I also smelled the pineapple curls, the pantene micellar water shampoo and conditioners and they smelled so good too. I really liked the micellar water one, its very fresh smelling like those days you wanna smell clean.

C_Bookworm
October 18th, 2018, 09:29 PM
It was my favorite in the 90s if only herbal essence had made a perfume of it that would've been so nice. All these dang hair places should have a matching perfume I dunno why they don't.

Have you smelled the new pacifica pineapple curls hair line? OMG it smells like a pina colada if you haven't smelled it when you go to target be sure to give it a sniff, it smells divine!

I’m with ya! If you could having a matching perfume for all hair products, that would be amazing.

Hahaha oh, no I haven’t! I very consistently love their scents, too. Guess I’ve got multiple things to smell tomorrow :crush:

renia22
October 19th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Its a soft floral woody fragrance, its hard to describe without washing with it but from just smelling the bottle it smelled heavenly. Its not a strong synthetic smell either, its really pretty.

I also smelled the pineapple curls, the pantene micellar water shampoo and conditioners and they smelled so good too. I really liked the micellar water one, its very fresh smelling like those days you wanna smell clean.

Oh wow, sounds nice! I’ll have to stop by Target soon and do some sniffing.

chrissy-b
October 19th, 2018, 12:34 PM

There's a thread on fragrantica where they were talking about this line! Apparently she's coming out with two perfumes that match.

littlestarface
October 19th, 2018, 12:36 PM
There's a thread on fragrantica where they were talking about this line! Apparently she's coming out with two perfumes that match.

I saw that thread and its what made me go smell her stuff :rollin: I looked it up its not til the holidays right? Whatever that means, we have so many holidays in usa which one?

chrissy-b
October 19th, 2018, 01:10 PM
I saw that thread and its what made me go smell her stuff :rollin: I looked it up its not til the holidays right? Whatever that means, we have so many holidays in usa which one?

Ahaha! I thought about going to Target just to smell them after I saw that thread.

I would guess Christmas since that's the most SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY holiday. And since xmas comes earlier each year, it'll probably be on sale the day after Halloween. :lol:

littlestarface
October 19th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Ahaha! I thought about going to Target just to smell them after I saw that thread.

I would guess Christmas since that's the most SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY holiday. And since xmas comes earlier each year, it'll probably be on sale the day after Halloween. :lol:

That dang forum drives me nuts making me want to buy everything. LMAO! seriously tho You should go smell them they smell so good.

I have to say you have a nice perfume wardrobe!:inlove:

GabrielleRose
October 19th, 2018, 03:27 PM

Bath and body works winter candy apple smells like herbal essences pink bottle. I love the scent so much I stock up during the buy 3 get 3 free sale.

C_Bookworm
October 19th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Bath and body works winter candy apple smells like herbal essences pink bottle. I love the scent so much I stock up during the buy 3 get 3 free sale.

Thank you so much!!! :flowers:

renia22
October 21st, 2018, 07:13 PM
So I got a chance to sniff this and the Pantene Micellar Water. The Pantene reminds me of what Pantene smelled like before the recent change (that weird plastic strawberry perfume scent that they have now), so I liked that one. The Kristin Ess to my nose is a great vintage 70s-esque woody floral. I liked it so much, I bought the purple toning conditioner and serum :)

littlestarface
October 21st, 2018, 09:17 PM
So I got a chance to sniff this and the Pantene Micellar Water. The Pantene reminds me of what Pantene smelled like before the recent change (that weird plastic strawberry perfume scent that they have now), so I liked that one. The Kristin Ess to my nose is a great vintage 70s-esque woody floral. I liked it so much, I bought the purple toning conditioner and serum :)

Didn't they smell so good! I loved them, I wanted to get the pantene one cuz it just smells so clean and fresh. I am so hoping these kristin products work good cuz I don't wanna be wasting money.

renia22
October 22nd, 2018, 10:19 AM
They do! I tried the purple conditioner and serum once so far. They worked well on my fine hair. The conditioner isn’t too heavy and it rinsed out just fine. The serum is light weight and not thick or gloppy. The scent stays in the hair :)

littlestarface
October 22nd, 2018, 10:29 AM
They do! I tried the purple conditioner and serum once so far. They worked well on my fine hair. The conditioner isn’t too heavy and it rinsed out just fine. The serum is light weight and not thick or gloppy. The scent stays in the hair :)
Fantastic! thank you renia! I cant wait to buy these.

C_Bookworm
October 22nd, 2018, 02:55 PM
*sigh* I have now managed to get to Target twice and forgotten to smell them both times! Grrrr. Third time’s the charm. I’ve gotta do some grocery shopping tomorrow so I’ll try again.

GabrielleRose
October 22nd, 2018, 04:48 PM
Thank you so much!!! :flowers:

You're welcome! Don't be deceived by how it smells at first, but when it dries down you smell it.

chrissy-b
October 24th, 2018, 09:21 AM
That dang forum drives me nuts making me want to buy everything. LMAO! seriously tho You should go smell them they smell so good.

I have to say you have a nice perfume wardrobe!:inlove:

Yup. It's pretty dangerous!

Thank you! But I put everything I have in my "haves" so that includes decants and samples so it's not as huge as it looks.

I don't know who you are over there so I can't stalk your list and find more scents I do not need to spend money on but probably would. :redgrin:

C_Bookworm
October 24th, 2018, 11:58 AM
My favorite scents were The One Signature shampoo and conditioner and the loose styling powder. Yum :crush: Fortunately for my wallet, the two formulations I was interested in, leave-in conditioner and air dry creme, are less to my taste. So I’m safe (for now!). Loved getting to try out something new.

littlestarface
December 21st, 2018, 06:32 PM
Did anyone else have a problem with their shampoo not foaming up or anything? I had to apply it like conditioner it was so weird.

lapushka
December 22nd, 2018, 03:45 AM
Did anyone else have a problem with their shampoo not foaming up or anything? I had to apply it like conditioner it was so weird.

Have you been using it for a while? Or just once? If for a while and it's "suddenly" not foaming up, then maybe it's time for a clarify? If it is just straight off the bat... Check the ingredients?

littlestarface
December 22nd, 2018, 08:58 PM
Have you been using it for a while? Or just once? If for a while and it's "suddenly" not foaming up, then maybe it's time for a clarify? If it is just straight off the bat... Check the ingredients?

Have you used it? If not i'm really looking for someone who has who would know. thanks

lapushka
December 23rd, 2018, 03:35 AM
Have you used it? If not i'm really looking for someone who has who would know. thanks

No I have not. I just thought you were looking for general input. I don't see why it necessarily needs to be someone who has used it. :shrug:

littlestarface
December 23rd, 2018, 04:16 PM
No I have not. I just thought you were looking for general input. I don't see why it necessarily needs to be someone who has used it. :shrug:
I would've made a separate thread for that but I don't need that because I know my hair. I posted here because I only want input from someone who has used it.

Six Seeds
July 19th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Has anyone tried Kristin's Scalp line?