PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your hair when exercising?

Wendyclaire
October 14th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone. I need some advice on what to do with my hair when working out. I work out 4-6 days a week. I’m very serious about it and my hair is always sweaty like I’ve washed it. Ick! Right now I just put it in a ponytail and take it down when done and let it dry naturally. It’s BSL. What do you do to protect your hair and still get a good work out? Thanks!

Zesty
October 14th, 2018, 02:03 PM
I usually do a top knot with two claw clips, sometimes a French braid, depending. Caveat: I do really low impact stuff. Walking and yoga, mostly. So if you're running etc. my way might not work haha! :p What activities do you do?

Anyway, I've heard of several people who use the multiple-claw-clips method for when they need a super secure bun, so that might be worth looking into. Depending on your thickness you could probably do a cinnabun with 2-3 claw clips at BSL.

ravenskey
October 14th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Interlaced braids are great but I'm not sure how long your hair has to be.
Tucked french plaits might work, as would an eternal roll.

Maybe look at the hairstyle thesaurus for good updos you could try.

shaluwm_agape
October 14th, 2018, 03:06 PM
If you hair us long enough I would suggest space buns french braids tucked french or a wrap around crown braid

Rowdy
October 14th, 2018, 03:11 PM
I do a single dutch braid (mainly weightlifting and some running)

Wendyclaire
October 14th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I do elliptical and treadmill so not really high impact. Thanks so much!

Dark40
October 14th, 2018, 03:19 PM
I do half-buns as my hair is in a ponytail. Or, 2 dutch braids.

sophia_
October 14th, 2018, 03:53 PM
I do either an english braid or twin braids, tied with mini-scrunchies. I tend to not use buns when I'm going to be moving a lot because I'm afraid of hairline breakage.

HaMalka
October 14th, 2018, 06:04 PM
I do a braided lazy wrap bun.

AutobotsAttack
October 14th, 2018, 10:44 PM
Ehh depends. I’m a heavy weight lifter, so often times I’ll usually do a bun on the top of my head, if I’m laying down for bench pressing. If it’s squat or push presses, or deadlifts, I’ll do a lower bun, or two big flat twists, or a simple braid.

Natashap
October 14th, 2018, 10:48 PM
My hair is not too long ,i try to keep in bun and then after done with exercising ,keep it open for air drying.

My body gets fungal infections fast.

Milady_DeWinter
October 15th, 2018, 12:24 AM
To go running I always make a ponytail and braid it, no fork can contain it in my runs so no buns there. To work out strenght (weightlifting and other similar exercises) I go with a high bum or the same braided ponytail :)

TreesOfEternity
October 15th, 2018, 12:36 AM
I do double braids if I have to lay down (or a high topknot with claw clips or velvet scrunchies, although this sometimes give me headaches). If not, I'd do a regular bun with a stick, or one or two high buns held with clawclips or velvet scrunchies. Anyway I don't have that much length so YMMV.

geenie
October 15th, 2018, 10:41 AM
A braided bun and some hair clips to keep the wispy bits away from my neck/forehead and its sweat.

Wendyclaire
October 15th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Thanks everyone for all the tip. I really appreciate it!