PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever tried L'Oréal Elvive Dream Lengths Mask?

Equestrianchic
October 14th, 2018, 12:19 PM
So I love trying out new conditioners, just wondering if anyone has ever tried this? :p

ArabellaRose
October 14th, 2018, 01:08 PM
This is the one thing from this range that I've not tried yet, but only because my local shops don't stock it. I use the shampoo, conditioner and leave in cream and they're the best thing I've ever used on my hair.

Equestrianchic
October 14th, 2018, 03:08 PM
This is the one thing from this range that I've not tried yet, but only because my local shops don't stock it. I use the shampoo, conditioner and leave in cream and they're the best thing I've ever used on my hair.

Ahh fabulous! Looks like I'll definitely be giving it a go.
Hope you get to try it out soon! Maybe you could find it online somewhere? :)

Dark40
October 14th, 2018, 03:22 PM
No, I've never tried this one before as i do love L'oreal's product line lately! I will definitely give it a try soon! I also love trying out new conditioners too. :)

windflowers_mel
October 14th, 2018, 05:42 PM
I’ve got a sample size thing of it I’ve been meaning to try. Maybe I’ll do it tonight.

lapushka
October 15th, 2018, 06:15 AM
I've seen it around here lately, not the mask just the conditioner (we don't appear to have the mask). I was tempted to try it. I might pick it up sometime next, though, when the stash is dwindled down some more. ;)

gustavonut
October 15th, 2018, 08:48 AM
I’m using the leave in conditioner currently

ArabellaRose
October 17th, 2018, 03:43 AM
Okay so my local drugstore has started stocking this! The pot, not the heat one that comes with the cap. Gonna clarify my hair tomorrow and use this after so I'll report back.

Equestrianchic
October 18th, 2018, 03:30 AM
Hey guys! I tried it last night and oh my, it smells amazing! And has left my hair feeling fabulous, I used it with the no haircut cream it's really really good I recommend it:happydance:

Natalia_A00
February 14th, 2019, 05:38 PM
I really like this mask! I like how it leaves my hair, very smooth and healthy looking, and the smell is nice
In general I like L'oreal elvive products, they're pretty good and better than other commercial brands

Begemot
February 15th, 2019, 12:30 AM
It's on my list because I love the Dream Lengths conditioner :crush:

Suortuva
February 15th, 2019, 12:48 AM
I haven't tried the mask, and surely never will, because the shampoo and conditioner was the worst thing ever happened to my hair. Which is really strange, my hair doesn't usually react that much for things. The shampoo made my scalp feel itchy, and my hair felt really dirty after a couple of hours (I have dry hair and it usually never feels that kind of dirty...). I might try to use the conditioner anyway, just for my ends, though it made my ends feel bad together with the shampoo.

Hexana
December 6th, 2019, 10:35 PM
I am reviving this thread, hope you don't mind. I just saw this line yesterday in the store, but didn't buy it yet (I want to try the mask for a protein boost, as I didn't see any effects using rice water). I usually use no-cone masks, but the mask has just one at the bottom of the list. Do you think it would still have a big impact (the cone)?
Any new experiances about this line?

giraff
December 7th, 2019, 05:16 AM
I currently use the shampoo and conditioner, and like them a lot. My hair felt more shiny and soft, and there is no problem detangling. Haven't tested the hair mask yet :)

eresh
December 7th, 2019, 07:23 AM
I got the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil coconut hairmask for Sinterklaas :)
So I am trying it out now, there are 3 ways to use it, I'm now using it as a leave-in on wet and on dry hair.
It works fine! Coconut is high in the ingredients list.
It also has cones, I usualy don't use cones, but since this was a gift I decided to use it anyway, and so far it is good :)

Ingredients in this one:
177644 A, Aqua / Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum / Fragrance, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil,
Cetyl Esters, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, Phenoxyethanol, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate,
Benzyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Caramel, BHT, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride,
Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, (F.I.L. C204975/1)

LOL I see now it also has Caramel in it??
Whatever that is, it sounds delicious :o

giraff
December 7th, 2019, 08:26 AM
I got the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil coconut hairmask for Sinterklaas :)
So I am trying it out now, there are 3 ways to use it, I'm now using it as a leave-in on wet and on dry hair.
It works fine! Coconut is high in the ingredients list.
It also has cones, I usualy don't use cones, but since this was a gift I decided to use it anyway, and so far it is good :)

Ingredients in this one:
177644 A, Aqua / Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum / Fragrance, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil,
Cetyl Esters, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, Phenoxyethanol, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate,
Benzyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Caramel, BHT, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride,
Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, (F.I.L. C204975/1)

LOL I see now it also has Caramel in it??
Whatever that is, it sounds delicious :o

I also use this one! After finding out that you were not really supposed to only use protein hair masks every week, this came to the rescue! My hair is softer than in forever after trying this mask. I also tried it as a leave in (in dry hair) yesterday, and now my hair is even softer :heartbeat

It DOES kind of smell like caramel, don't you think?

eresh
December 7th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Yes it really smells lovely, a mix of caramel and coconut

Joules
December 7th, 2019, 08:33 AM
The conditioner from this line is heavenly. I had almost tailbone length tapered hair that started to turn slightly velcroey at the ends, and this stuff made it silky smooth, very shiny and very slippery, almost like in the commercial :D Definitely among the best conditioners I've ever used! I have the mask too, but since I recently chopped back to waist my ends are great anyway, so I don't want to waste it just yet. I'm sure it's awesome though!

Hexana
December 7th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Thaks guys. I was reluctant to try it, because of the cone in but I think that it won't be as bad.
Do you think this mask can be used every wash or, should it be enterchainged with a hydrating one? You know because of a lot of proteins in it?

lapushka
December 7th, 2019, 12:15 PM
I am reviving this thread, hope you don't mind. I just saw this line yesterday in the store, but didn't buy it yet (I want to try the mask for a protein boost, as I didn't see any effects using rice water). I usually use no-cone masks, but the mask has just one at the bottom of the list. Do you think it would still have a big impact (the cone)?
Any new experiances about this line?

We have it in the store right now as well, since about half a year, a year? Something like that. Not the mask, haven't seen that, but conditioner: yes.

Lisa_vc
December 7th, 2019, 12:21 PM
I’ve tried the whole line! I love the shampoo, the conditioner a little bit less. I’ve also tried the other Version of the dream length conditioner (I think it’s something with rapid reviver or something) and I really do love that one as it makes my hair super soft. I also love the hair mask and the leave in conditioner as well!

doedeer
December 7th, 2019, 12:25 PM
I've tried it, for me it's nothing to write home about. From the Elvive lines the mask i like the most is the extraordinary oils ''coconut'' one

Begemot
December 7th, 2019, 12:27 PM
I have tried the conditioner (HG), mask (good) and the steam mask (awesome but too expensive). Going to try the leave-in next.

lakhesis
December 8th, 2019, 05:58 AM
I have the mask and I already bought another one. It's quite good, I like the smell :) I might try the conditioner too.

Hexana
December 8th, 2019, 11:23 AM
I will probably buy it tomorrow and try it out on Wednesday. Do you guys feel like this is only a strenghtening line or does it hydrate too?

lakhesis
December 8th, 2019, 01:21 PM
I will probably buy it tomorrow and try it out on Wednesday. Do you guys feel like this is only a strenghtening line or does it hydrate too?

I would say the mask is hydrating as well.

Arciela
December 8th, 2019, 03:47 PM
I liked it :) it smells nice as well!

Suortuva
December 8th, 2019, 03:53 PM
I haven't tried the mask, and surely never will, because the shampoo and conditioner was the worst thing ever happened to my hair. Which is really strange, my hair doesn't usually react that much for things. The shampoo made my scalp feel itchy, and my hair felt really dirty after a couple of hours (I have dry hair and it usually never feels that kind of dirty...). I might try to use the conditioner anyway, just for my ends, though it made my ends feel bad together with the shampoo.

I'm happy you all like these products. I threw away mine, I really couldn't stand them, not even the conditioner. They were just... Disgusting. I'm mostly amazed by the fact my hair disliked them so strongly, I have no idea why.

AmberWillow
January 14th, 2020, 06:40 AM
I tried the hair mask lately, and I love it, even though I've been trying to avoid cones! It's the only conditioner that really helps to untangle my hair when washing it! It's hard not to use every wash...

Belgrade Beauty
January 14th, 2020, 07:42 AM
I have the leave-in cream,mask and conditioner. I didn't buy shampoo because my scalp is so sensitive and reacts really hard on almost everything so I just use shampoos that are not that mainstream. Back on the mask business, I tried it once, it leaves my hair so soft and smooth,but the conditioner is awesome. I already am at my second bottle. Mask just like any other I tried , not much of a difference honestly. Leave in cream however is my biggest disappointment by far. I thought it was supposed to protect the hair,make it soft,smooth and you know just nice. But when I put it, my hair kind of hardens and tangles a lot! It it's not just this collection leave in cream. I have garnier amla leave in 8 in 1 and another from Loreal,Cica cream. All of them leave my hair same,hard and tangled. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't know.
If you haven't tried the mask and conditioner I highly recommend it.

lapushka
January 15th, 2020, 03:43 AM
I have the leave-in cream,mask and conditioner. I didn't buy shampoo because my scalp is so sensitive and reacts really hard on almost everything so I just use shampoos that are not that mainstream. Back on the mask business, I tried it once, it leaves my hair so soft and smooth,but the conditioner is awesome. I already am at my second bottle. Mask just like any other I tried , not much of a difference honestly. Leave in cream however is my biggest disappointment by far. I thought it was supposed to protect the hair,make it soft,smooth and you know just nice. But when I put it, my hair kind of hardens and tangles a lot! It it's not just this collection leave in cream. I have garnier amla leave in 8 in 1 and another from Loreal,Cica cream. All of them leave my hair same,hard and tangled. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't know.
If you haven't tried the mask and conditioner I highly recommend it.

How much leave-in cream are you using? I use about a coin size for classic length, so you'd need a pea size. Spread through palms and scrunched or smoothed in.

Belgrade Beauty
January 15th, 2020, 04:30 AM
How much leave-in cream are you using? I use about a coin size for classic length, so you'd need a pea size. Spread through palms and scrunched or smoothed in.

I used it a few times on damp hair,after washing and i dried with my hair dryer. Maybe it's the drying ? I can't spread it all over my hair if I use pea size..How do you do it?:confused:

lapushka
January 15th, 2020, 07:39 AM
I used it a few times on damp hair,after washing and i dried with my hair dryer. Maybe it's the drying ? I can't spread it all over my hair if I use pea size..How do you do it?:confused:

You put the little dot/dollop in the palm of your hand, then spread it through your palms, all over it by rubbing your hands together really quickly, then what's on your hands you smooth over your hair. That's how you do it.

browntatis
January 16th, 2020, 09:34 PM
I am currently using the Nexxus City Shield shampoo which I really like, but after reading this thread I could not resist! I told my hubby about it and today he surprised me with the shampoo and conditioner, I can't wait to try it! Hopefully my hair likes it!.
I want to buy the leave in once I have a chance, we don't have the hair mask in the US, at least I couldn't find it.

Hexana
January 16th, 2020, 10:00 PM
I have now been using this mask for the past month and I saw a really great improvement in my hair shedding. Also my hair is very soft after this mask. I use it once a week and then the other week I add Aloe Vera gel and honey (to make the SMT treatment). I didn't try the shampoo and conditioner yet and I probably won't because they have more cones in it (the mask has only one and it's at the bottom of the list. I also read that it is soluble with natural non harsh shampoos).

browntatis
January 18th, 2020, 12:39 AM
Today I used the shampoo and conditioner for the first time.
My first impression of the shampoo was that it doesn't lather as much as I would like to, I had to use alot of product, I thought my hair was very dirty, but I wash it twice and the second time was just the same, it don't lather well to me.
The conditioner was very rich, just like I like it!
The thing is, when my hair was completely dry (naturally air dried) it was soooo soft and shinny, I am totally impressed! Wow lovely!
I will keep using it, even though my first impression of the shampoo was not the best (but I can deal with it), I can tell this combo is wonderful!
I can't wait to buy the leave in!

LittleHealthy
January 18th, 2020, 01:25 AM
I tried this last time I bought shampoo and conditioner, and i bought the mask, because it was half price. It was ok, though I felt like it was very much like Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal but not quite as good. I think the Pantene is cheaper as well, and comes in massive bottles so I'm polluting less, but using less plastic bottles. I must admit the 'dream lengths' title and pretty bottles definitely had me hooked!
As for the leave in, I found it to be a lot like using a tiny amount of conditioner and running that through my ends (I actually do that sometimes and it works so well). It was nothing to write home about.
I often mix a tablespoon-or-so of conditioner into a water sprayer bottle (usually an old leave-in bottle) and use that as a conditioner and detangler for mine and my daughter's hair. The Dream Lengths leave in was just like that.

*Wednesday*
January 18th, 2020, 04:06 PM
I tried the dream lengths shampoo and conditioner and was ok. I have not tried the mask. Not sure it would be too heavy and weigh my hair down since my hair is fine. I’ll see.

Sparkles122
January 18th, 2020, 05:17 PM
I’m in the U.S. Ive been able to find the shampoo and conditioner, which both have protein, so im not sure how they will work for me. Im going to the Walgreens in the next town over tomorrow and might get the conditioner. But what I am really interested in is this leave in cream that ive found. I think I might also have to get it. It also has protein in it, but I think if I use it in small amounts my hair might be ok with it

https://i.postimg.cc/75XbHXcY/51-D44-C24-F9-AF-4-DD1-9-BF6-6061-AB807-DC3.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75XbHXcY)

*Wednesday*
January 20th, 2020, 07:44 AM
I’m in the U.S. Ive been able to find the shampoo and conditioner, which both have protein, so im not sure how they will work for me. Im going to the Walgreens in the next town over tomorrow and might get the conditioner. But what I am really interested in is this leave in cream that ive found. I think I might also have to get it. It also has protein in it, but I think if I use it in small amounts my hair might be ok with it

https://i.postimg.cc/75XbHXcY/51-D44-C24-F9-AF-4-DD1-9-BF6-6061-AB807-DC3.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75XbHXcY)

I was in the store yesterday and saw this. Let me know how it works for you.

Sparkles122
January 20th, 2020, 07:14 PM
I was in the store yesterday and saw this. Let me know how it works for you.

I definitely will

browntatis
January 21st, 2020, 12:10 AM
Ok so totally frustrated, I want to cryyyy!
I went in search of the leave in, I checked and it said it was in stock on my Target, so I went and it wasn't there! Not even the shampoo/conditioner and overall the Elvive products were very low in stock.
Ok, well, I checked Walmart online and it said in stock, I went and it wasn't there either!.
Went to Walgreens, Not there!
Went to the Walmart in the next town, same thing!.
So saaad! I couldn't find it!
Tomorrow I will go to Rite aid and CVS, hopefully I find it.

Sparkles122
January 21st, 2020, 05:36 AM
Ok so totally frustrated, I want to cryyyy!
I went in search of the leave in, I checked and it said it was in stock on my Target, so I went and it wasn't there! Not even the shampoo/conditioner and overall the Elvive products were very low in stock.
Ok, well, I checked Walmart online and it said in stock, I went and it wasn't there either!.
Went to Walgreens, Not there!
Went to the Walmart in the next town, same thing!.
So saaad! I couldn't find it!
Tomorrow I will go to Rite aid and CVS, hopefully I find it.

They had it in the CVS in my town and the CVS in the next town, so you might have luck there. Also, are you able to do a same day buy online and pick up in store at your Target? They may have back stock that hasnt been put out yet. When I went to my Target recently they were busy working on the shelves in that area, clearancing alot of hair products out to make room for new.

browntatis
January 21st, 2020, 08:35 AM
They had it in the CVS in my town and the CVS in the next town, so you might have luck there. Also, are you able to do a same day buy online and pick up in store at your Target? They may have back stock that hasnt been put out yet. When I went to my Target recently they were busy working on the shelves in that area, clearancing alot of hair products out to make room for new.

Yes! I have that option for pickup same day, today I'm going to CVS and Rite Aid, if I can't find it I will have to buy it online through Target, I really want to try it, I hope I don't get disappointed, I have high hopes for that leave in lol.

browntatis
January 21st, 2020, 03:49 PM
Ok so I finally have the leave in on my hands! Woohoo!
I got it from CVS for $6.99, there were only 3 in stock.

I used it today and to me it has a weird texture or feeling when I applied it to my hair, I guess it's because it's also a heat protector? Not sure, but my hair when it was totally dried it felt very smooth, soft and shinny. Hopefully it help my with my ends' quality so I can finish the 2020 no trimming challenge.

lottiealice
January 23rd, 2020, 01:06 PM
I love it and so does my friend who has tailbone length hair and also wants to grow it longer. We have very different textures; both straight but mine is medium thickness and quite fine while hers is very thick and on the coarse side.

WonderGirl
January 24th, 2020, 01:11 PM
I've tried it and it did nothing but felt like a regular conditioner.

Sparkles122
January 24th, 2020, 08:03 PM

I used it today and to me it has a weird texture or feeling when I applied it to my hair, I guess it's because it's also a heat protector? Not sure, but my hair when it was totally dried it felt very smooth, soft and shinny. Hopefully it help my with my ends' quality so I can finish the 2020 no trimming challenge.

Ysy! I havent tried it yet, maybe next wash

honeybee93
February 2nd, 2020, 06:30 PM
I haven't seen the mask but I' currently using the shampoo and conditioner, and I love the combo. I also discovered Elvive's Wonder Water and whatever the heck it is, it makes my hair feel GLORIOUSLY smooth, light, and manageable. I'm obsessed and am stocking up!

browntatis
February 2nd, 2020, 07:31 PM
I haven't seen the mask but I' currently using the shampoo and conditioner, and I love the combo. I also discovered Elvive's Wonder Water and whatever the heck it is, it makes my hair feel GLORIOUSLY smooth, light, and manageable. I'm obsessed and am stocking up!

OMG! I saw the Elvive Wonder Water at the store and I read very good reviews of it, I want to give it a try!

The-Young-Maid
February 2nd, 2020, 07:34 PM
OMG! I saw the Elvive Wonder Water at the store and I read very good reviews of it, I want to give it a try!

What exactly is it? Is it a rinse? Do you leave it in? It it comparable to an acv rinse?

honeybee93
February 2nd, 2020, 08:10 PM
What exactly is it? Is it a rinse? Do you leave it in? It it comparable to an acv rinse?

It's a rinse, yes. Instructions say to use it right after shampooing and to follow up if needed with conditioner. My ends need TLC so I do still use conditioner but my gosh, my hair feels SO silky after I've applied the "Wonder Water". It's how I imagine hair must feel for anyone with fine-textured or "normal"/undamaged/virgin hair (I hope I don't offend anyone by saying "normal".) What I mean is my hair typically begins frizzing at the crown as soon as I've hopped out the shower, and when I use this, my hair is honestly so, so smooth and hydrated. When it's dried and styled, my hands glide through the ends and hair just feels insanely soft and manageable. This is a big deal for me (medium-coarse wurly hair), but for others it may just be a normal hair day. I haven't noticed any adverse effects.

The-Young-Maid
February 2nd, 2020, 08:42 PM
Hmm interesting. I saw this at my local store but I thought it was a leave in so I didn't bother to check it out(I am not allowed to buy leave ins this year lol). Its kinda cool how they have the 20ml measurements on the side.

propylene glycol, alcohol denat., myristyl alcohol, aqua/water/eau, parfum/fragrance, dicaprylyl carbonate, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, isopropyl alcohol, benzyl salicylate, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl alcohol, coumarin, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, amyl cinnamal, limonene, tocopherol, citronellol, arginine pca, phenoxyethanol.

I really don't need another step in my shower but... If it was on sale...Nah I better not lol

The-Young-Maid
February 2nd, 2020, 08:44 PM

Oh man browntatis that was quite a saga! I'm glad you found a bottle and that you like it. My store has the full line but I didn't pick up the leave in cause I already have too many I'm trying to finish. I picked up the conditioner to try since I had coupons tho.

honeybee93
February 3rd, 2020, 05:50 PM
Hmm interesting. I saw this at my local store but I thought it was a leave in so I didn't bother to check it out(I am not allowed to buy leave ins this year lol). Its kinda cool how they have the 20ml measurements on the side.

propylene glycol, alcohol denat., myristyl alcohol, aqua/water/eau, parfum/fragrance, dicaprylyl carbonate, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, isopropyl alcohol, benzyl salicylate, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl alcohol, coumarin, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, amyl cinnamal, limonene, tocopherol, citronellol, arginine pca, phenoxyethanol.

I really don't need another step in my shower but... If it was on sale...Nah I better not lol

"Nah I better not" ha!! I will try to remember that next time... :)

browntatis
February 3rd, 2020, 06:13 PM
Oh man browntatis that was quite a saga! I'm glad you found a bottle and that you like it. My store has the full line but I didn't pick up the leave in cause I already have too many I'm trying to finish. I picked up the conditioner to try since I had coupons tho.

Right? it was crazy!
The funny thing is that now its everywhere, in every single store I go to, even in the stores I visited and could not find them... maybe it was too new.

what we dont have in the US is the mask, I checked for it online and it ships from the UK but really expensive, so I dont know if its even worth it to pay that much.

AmberWillow
March 26th, 2020, 04:02 AM
I just tried the shampoo and conditioner from the dream lengths line. I must admit I was a bit scared as I've been using sulfate and silicone free stuff for about a year now and the ingredients list scared me a bit. However, after loving the mask I was just so curious to try other items in the range!

The shampoo did lather quickly, but not as much as some other shampoos, as someone else on the thread said. Wasn't really an issue for me though since I normally use mild sulfate/silicone free shampoo or cowash.

I liked the thickness of the conditioner, since not many conditioners are thick enough for detangling my hair I often use a deep conditioning mask after shampooing. I didn't bother this time as I wanted to test these two products fairly, and this conditioner seemed just about thick enough. So, I'm happy about that! Rinsing my hair it felt very sleek and definitely had that coney feeling! I'm currently letting my hair air dry, it smells really good and feels squeaky clean - cleaner than it has done for ages. My hair is looking shiny and it definitely has less tangles than normal, so I'm happy.

Going ahead, I'm not sure how often I'll actually be using these since I still have a bit of paranoia surrounding silicones lol, I should really check to see if there are any non soluble ones in these products! Also, it'll be interesting to see how well my hair does over the next few days, as my hair HATES the red Elive colour protect line from L'Oreal. It gets a build up on the second day.

Anyway, this conditioner certainly gets a thumbs up from me :)

Ylva
March 26th, 2020, 05:04 AM
Going ahead, I'm not sure how often I'll actually be using these since I still have a bit of paranoia surrounding silicones lol, I should really check to see if there are any non soluble ones in these products! Also, it'll be interesting to see how well my hair does over the next few days, as my hair HATES the red Elive colour protect line from L'Oreal. It gets a build up on the second day.

The mask contains amodimethicone which is a non-buildup kind of silicone. The shampoo and conditioner also contain dimethicone which does build up. And then there's the leave-in cream which contains amodimethicone and a PEG dimethicone (water-soluble, to a degree at least). But of course, a lot of other ingredients like natural oils etc. also cause buildup.

Dark40
March 29th, 2020, 12:27 PM
I love it and so does my friend who has tailbone length hair and also wants to grow it longer. We have very different textures; both straight but mine is medium thickness and quite fine while hers is very thick and on the coarse side.

I can't wait to try it. By what I'm reading here I definitely need to try the mask. I bet you do have a friend with tailbone length hair and also wants to grow it longer. I also had a friend that had hip/tailbone length hair in high school, and her hair was gorgeous! I often wondered what she used on her hair. Because, it was always shiny and healthy looking. Me and her surprisingly have the same texture and thickness! We both also have the same hair type as well. Which 2c/3a but we both get our hair straightened by relaxing it.

AmberWillow
April 10th, 2020, 10:23 AM
The mask contains amodimethicone which is a non-buildup kind of silicone. The shampoo and conditioner also contain dimethicone which does build up. And then there's the leave-in cream which contains amodimethicone and a PEG dimethicone (water-soluble, to a degree at least). But of course, a lot of other ingredients like natural oils etc. also cause buildup.

Oh, thank you! :toast: I had read somewhere that dimethicone wasn't so bad, but oh well. I will just have to work out how often to use my clarifying shampoo. :p

beckybourbon
April 15th, 2020, 05:55 AM
I haven’t bought the mask yet but I did just buy the shampoo and conditioner. I’ve used it only once and I’m already in love. It’s a heavy conditioner for my hair but I think that’s just what my ends needed. I wantEd to buy the mask but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’ll order it online ☺️

Bat
April 18th, 2020, 09:38 AM
I just bought it myself today, my hairs short but I'm not going to let that stop me :)

pisinoe
April 30th, 2021, 09:08 AM
I had no idea the conditioner was so good, why did no one tell me before?! hahaha
I used it for SMT as pre-shampoo and my hair felt silky soft after rinsing, then I used my shampoo as normal and proceeded with it again as conditioner. Didn't even have to use that much, 1/4 of what I had to use with Pantene and Herbal essences, and it didn't melt my hair immediately so I thought "meh" but after a minute or two my hair was DEFEATED. I don't think I tried such a softening conditioner before, this must be the sh** for tangles! I didn't use anything afterwards because I want to see its sealing and moisturising properties but I'm waiting for my hair to dry here and will report back. So far, I'm impressed. For SMT I'll definitely keep using it as it is cheap as hell and just the best moisturising conditioner I've found from the drugstore (as in, it actually is intense and concentrated enough to not feel like water on my hair).

Edit:

It's really good at detangling and softening in the shower, but I prefer my high end stuff. My hair just looks a lot better. If I couldn't afford those anymore, I think I'd use this as the first C in my WCC routine! :)

baanoo
May 2nd, 2021, 04:51 PM
I haven’t tried the mask but this is my fave shampoo and picked up the conditioner last week for the first time - next time I come across the mask, I’ll give it a try! :p

morrigan*
May 3rd, 2021, 09:27 AM
I tried shampoo, conditioner and leave in. I really like the leave in. I used half of it and always had good results with it. I don't really care for shampoo and conditioner.

Hedwig
May 6th, 2021, 09:25 AM
Is there a general L'Oréal thread? I tried to find it via the search bar but nothing came up.

pisinoe
May 6th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Is there a general L'Oréal thread? I tried to find it via the search bar but nothing came up.

I couldn't find one either so I had to resurrect this one, but I thought it would be best to have such a place where we can write general comments about it, so I made one:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154108&p=3880581#post3880581

Dark40
May 6th, 2021, 09:53 PM
I've never tried neither the shampoo, conditoner, or mask but as you know I am dying to give all of these products a try! I've been wanting to try them for a long time now! As I've been seeing you guys raving about it. I'm going to definitely order me some online soon and give a try. Because, I also love trying out new conditioner and products that will help with frizzy hair, and I also love products that are of a thick and heavy conditioner that will really soften the hair.