PDA

View Full Version : WOW shampoo & conditioner

shaluwm_agape
October 13th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Has anyone ever tried the wow acv shampoo & avocado coconut conditioner? I just received them as gifts and wanted to hear some feedback on them

Julescarm
October 13th, 2018, 02:59 PM
No but it sounds amazing.

lapushka
October 13th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Never heard of that brand before. Are they sulfate-free, silicone-free? Or not?

shaluwm_agape
October 13th, 2018, 03:31 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Conditioner-Clarifying-Antifungal-Bacterial-Chemicals/dp/B074V3NCB1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1539466241&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Wow+shampoo&psc=1
Here is the link
Paraben alcohol and sulphate free

lapushka
October 13th, 2018, 03:56 PM
All I can say is... WOW that's expensive. LOL!

shaluwm_agape
October 13th, 2018, 04:00 PM
I know that's what deterred me from getting them but a family friend bought 2 sets & didn't like them so she gave them to me

lapushka
October 13th, 2018, 04:08 PM
I know that's what deterred me from getting them but a family friend bought 2 sets & didn't like them so she gave them to me

Oh then you can test them out all you want. Problem is when you really like them and now find yourself with a dilemma, buy more or not?

Let us know what it does once you try them. When are you testing them out?

shaluwm_agape
October 13th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Tonight ! I wanted to try WO but the transition is crazy and it's a bit too cold now to have wet hair every day my hair is sooooo oily

XcaliburGirl
October 13th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Hmm, "silicone-free" but the ingredients list Dimethicone. :confused:

I happen to use a silicone conditioner, but it just goes to show that it's best to read the ingredients if you are trying to avoid certain things. I hope it works for you, at least enough to want to use it up.

shaluwm_agape
October 13th, 2018, 07:12 PM
I'm not too upset as I didn't pay for it but it is sulphate free though I wish it was both

shaluwm_agape
October 14th, 2018, 01:58 PM
First impressions
I dont know how to feel about them
First off the both have a very nice scent, light not overpowering and they compliment each other.

The shampoo made my scalp feel very clean which I don't know yet if that is good or bad but it does not feel moisturizing

The conditioner is very thin I have fine hair but medium thickness so I like someone thing that is not too thin but not like butters so again it is up in the air.

My hair has not had any product in it for 10 days and I have been washing it with only water since the start of October so my hair can fully show me the advantages or disadvantages of the set. I will be using these for a month to see if I like them or not.

lapushka
October 14th, 2018, 02:30 PM
First impressions
I dont know how to feel about them
First off the both have a very nice scent, light not overpowering and they compliment each other.

The shampoo made my scalp feel very clean which I don't know yet if that is good or bad but it does not feel moisturizing

The conditioner is very thin I have fine hair but medium thickness so I like someone thing that is not too thin but not like butters so again it is up in the air.

My hair has not had any product in it for 10 days and I have been washing it with only water since the start of October so my hair can fully show me the advantages or disadvantages of the set. I will be using these for a month to see if I like them or not.

I suppose then it wasn't a bad experience?

When I went sulfate-free I still felt my shampoo wasn't particularly moisturizing. I guess shampoo is to clean, conditioner to moisturize. ;)

I hope you keep us posted on how it goes. I'm curious to find out whether or not these are worth their price. :)

shaluwm_agape
October 14th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Yes I agree it wasn't a bad experience and she was nice enough to give me a restoring oil that smells almost identical to the conditioner not the same brand though

shaluwm_agape
October 20th, 2018, 02:44 PM
So I have used this 3 times now. The second time I just did a scalp wash to test out the shampoo on its own. I have SD and so u wanted better option than h&s. I think I have found it. Once my hair is dry everything feels a lot better. The conditioner is thin but very hydrating. I put wayyyy too much the first time. My scalp feels clean but not badly stripped once my hair is semi dry. I think my scalp was just getting used to this shampoo. I may need to wash twice instead of once a week depending on my scalp but so far so good and I am noticing not as much shedding which has been crazy this month

lapushka
October 20th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Do be careful with sulfate-free if you have SD. For some sulfate-free is the way to go with SD, for others, like myself, not so much. So keep a close eye on that scalp! :flower: Good luck!