PDA

View Full Version : Microtrimming challenge 2019-2020

amiraaah
October 13th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Since there is a "no-trimming challenge" and i love microtrimming.i decided to make this challenge for all of us who want to have a thicker hemline.although i feel that i will be doing this challenge alone:couch:

THE ONLY RULE:
your trim shouldn't exceed half an inch.other than that you can microtrim whenever you want.

if you want answer these questions because i will love reading your answers:
1-what is your current length?
2-are you maintaining or growing?
3-are you microtrimming because of fairytailing or damage?
4-how much do you need to microtrim to get your dream ends?
5-how long do you expect your hair to be after this challenge(if you're growing it)?
please post pictures to inspire others,everybody love to see the thickness travelling down:)
so who wants to join me?

elfynity
October 13th, 2018, 08:54 AM
1. I'm at BSL
2. I am growing
3 & 4. I am getting rid of 3inches of damage. However, I don't mind fairytailing, but it can't be too much, it must still look thick.
5. My hair hasn't been showing much growth at all (i think due to the damaged ends), so if I can even just maintain BSL, I will be glad, otherwise MBL could be a realistic goal.

Ylva
October 13th, 2018, 09:09 AM
I'm interested in joining the challenge, however, I don't know how much of the year I will actually be microtrimming. I am committed to no-trimming for the end of this year and have joined the first half of 2019 as well, but I am having doubts about that as I am eager to get rid of the damage in my ends and they have gotten rather grabby. I thought it could be nice to reach my goal of classic while microtrimming, although I'm not sure if my brain is capable of such and just wants to go black and white mode instead. :lol: GROW FIRST, TRIM LATER.

No matter how much of the year I mictrotrim, I think it would be awesome to take a photo in the beginning of the year (after the no-trimming challenge, prior to any microtrims) and when this challenge ends. I'm sure the difference will be huge.

BCL+.
Growing.
Both.
No idea! A fair bit for sure.
5-how long do you expect your hair to be after this challenge(if you're growing it)?
Classic.

Estrid
October 13th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Hmm, I think this might be a good thread for me. I was planning on cutting off that I wanted gone in chunks, but the last trim I did made me question that plan a bit, I think it will be safer to go with a little every month. I won't trim more this year, but once 2019 starts, I'm on it.

1. What is your current length?
BSL.

2. Are you maintaining or growing?
Growing.

3. Are you microtrimming because of fairytailing or damage?
I just want my layers, which has caused my ends to be drowning in splits, gone.

4. How much do you need to microtrim to get your dream ends?
I think it's around 7 cm (approx 3 inches).

5. How long do you expect your hair to be after this challenge?
It will probably be around waist length, hopefully a little longer. I think I should be between hip and BCL, somewhere around there.

amiraaah
October 13th, 2018, 10:09 AM
yaay welcome:disco:

1. What is your current length?
APL

2. Are you maintaining or growing?
Growing.

3. Are you microtrimming because of fairytailing or damage?
Heat damage.

4. How much do you need to microtrim to get your dream ends?
I think 5 cms.

5. How long do you expect your hair to be after this challenge?
tailbone length.

squirrrel
October 13th, 2018, 10:31 AM

I’m at hip currently.

I’m growing

Trying not to thin my ends out too much when I S&D.

I’m not planning on taking much off at a time, but don’t really have a goal. It’s about taking some action against the inevitable thinning, while still retaining as much growth as possible

I don’t really know how quickly my hair grows, so even if I did know how much I was going to take off, I wouldn’t know how much I would retain. It will grow as much as it grows!

Estrid
October 13th, 2018, 10:45 AM
I might've misunderstood something, I based my answers on 2019 only x) Is this challenge for 2020 as well?

amiraaah
October 13th, 2018, 11:02 AM
I might've misunderstood something, I based my answers on 2019 only x) Is this challenge for 2020 as well?

yes this challenge is for 2019 and 2020.but you can quit whenever you are satisfied with your ends.:D

amiraaah
October 13th, 2018, 11:03 AM

I’m at hip currently.

I’m growing

Trying not to thin my ends out too much when I S&D.

I’m not planning on taking much off at a time, but don’t really have a goal. It’s about taking some action against the inevitable thinning, while still retaining as much growth as possible

I don’t really know how quickly my hair grows, so even if I did know how much I was going to take off, I wouldn’t know how much I would retain. It will grow as much as it grows!

welcome squirrel:cheer:

Estrid
October 13th, 2018, 11:04 AM
yes this challenge is for 2019 and 2020.but you can quit whenever you are satisfied with your ends.:D

Alright! I don't see why I couldn't be in this challenge over 2020 as well, but then I'll edit my answers a bit, because I'll be definitely be well past WL by the end of 2020 x)

poli
October 14th, 2018, 02:53 AM
Hi all :beerchug:
waist + 2cm
growing slowly
fairytailing due to layers and fragile hair, my U looks like V now and I rather it looked fuller
5 - 7 cm
by the end of 2020 it should be past hip / BCL, if I can cope with hair that long

amiraaah
October 14th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Hi all :beerchug:
waist + 2cm
growing slowly
fairytailing due to layers and fragile hair, my U looks like V now and I rather it looked fuller
5 - 7 cm
by the end of 2020 it should be past hip / BCL, if I can cope with hair that long

Welcome poli 😀

LillyBlossom
October 14th, 2018, 03:23 PM
This is a great thread for me! I'm in for sure, what a fabulous idea

1-what is your current length? APL
2-are you maintaining or growing? Growing
3-are you microtrimming because of fairytailing or damage? damage
4-how much do you need to microtrim to get your dream ends? about an inch is really bad but I'm too chicken to just cut it off lol
5-how long do you expect your hair to be after this challenge(if you're growing it)? I'd love to be somewhere between BSL and Waist by the end of the challenge
please post pictures to inspire others, everybody love to see the thickness travelling down I'm new so as soon as I've done enough posts to add a photo album I will post progress pics

amiraaah
October 14th, 2018, 03:51 PM
This is a great thread for me! I'm in for sure, what a fabulous idea

1-what is your current length? APL
2-are you maintaining or growing? Growing
3-are you microtrimming because of fairytailing or damage? damage
4-how much do you need to microtrim to get your dream ends? about an inch is really bad but I'm too chicken to just cut it off lol
5-how long do you expect your hair to be after this challenge(if you're growing it)? I'd love to be somewhere between BSL and Waist by the end of the challenge
please post pictures to inspire others, everybody love to see the thickness travelling down I'm new so as soon as I've done enough posts to add a photo album I will post progress pics

oh thank you girl and welcome:joy:
here is a picture taken just now
https://i.postimg.cc/3r0QwtF9/52529920-B68-F-4-FE5-BA82-66664-E01-D215.jpg (https://postimg.cc/V5wVGBTb)

LillyBlossom
October 14th, 2018, 05:37 PM
oh thank you girl and welcome:joy:
here is a picture taken just now
https://i.postimg.cc/3r0QwtF9/52529920-B68-F-4-FE5-BA82-66664-E01-D215.jpg (https://postimg.cc/V5wVGBTb)

I love your curls, looking forward to seeing where your hair is by the end of this challenge.

sophia_
October 14th, 2018, 06:17 PM
I think I'll do this rather than no-trim, my hair grows unevenly so I can't really stop trimming.
Classic, hovering between 39 and 40 inches.
Next year I'll finally start growing, I'm currently maintaining.
Fairytaling, the sides of my hair grow faster than the middle, and the right side grows faster than the left side, so my hemline looks strange if I don't trim.
To get my dream ends I'd need to cut back to waist, which would be hardly any taper. However my goal was to have opaque ends if my hair is down and brushed, which happened a couple months ago. I'm trying to thicken a little more by the end of the year, though.
Roughly 4-5 inches longer, I don't plan to trim much. That would put me about 2 inches above mid-thigh.

amiraaah
October 14th, 2018, 06:26 PM
hey girl!i love your hair so much sophia :)
welcome to the trimmers lol.

amiraaah
October 14th, 2018, 06:27 PM
I love your curls, looking forward to seeing where your hair is by the end of this challenge.

thank you,i'm looking forward to seeing your hair.:D

LawrenceSMarlow
October 15th, 2018, 05:34 AM
Signing in!

Waist, maybe a little longer

Maintaining for at least a year, then will see how I feel.

Damage - not loads, but just lots of different length hairs from when I used heat/ wore my hair down most of the time. Now I am neglecting it more benignly, I want to see what effect this has. Also possibly a way to cultivate patience and be happy with what (length) I have!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About the same.

poli
October 15th, 2018, 11:57 PM
This could be my starting photo. You can see the bottom goes into a V shape. My layers start around BSL.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33693&d=1539669275

ArabellaRose
October 16th, 2018, 03:25 AM

Currently just past waist, not quite at hip.

I've already started microtrimming and my ends are looking so much better, I'm starting with just maintaining until I'm happy with my hemline and then growing after that.

Mostly damage but also a little bit of fairytailing.

I estimate around 2-3 inches but I'll be happy with my hemline before that, I reckon.

I'm unsure on my monthly hair growth, my current progress has purely been down to avoiding the hairdressers rather than any actual effort so I've not tracked it. I'm hoping atleast to be at hip by the end of next year, depending on how much microtrimming I need to do. My ultimate end goal was tail bone but I'm starting to think I wanna go to classic.

ArabellaRose
October 16th, 2018, 03:30 AM
Also, here's a picture of my hair before my first microtrim, just to track progress:

https://s33.postimg.cc/dwfcdotnj/20180913_134438.jpg

amiraaah
October 16th, 2018, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=LawrenceSMarlow;3602165]Signing in!

Waist, maybe a little longer

Maintaining for at least a year, then will see how I feel.

Damage - not loads, but just lots of different length hairs from when I used heat/ wore my hair down most of the time. Now I am neglecting it more benignly, I want to see what effect this has. Also possibly a way to cultivate patience and be happy with what (length) I have!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About the same.[/QUOTE

yaaaaay welcome to the thread and i’m really happy that i am not the only one doing the challenge😂

amiraaah
October 16th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Poli and ArabellaRose :thud:you both have gorgeous hairs.

azinachan
October 18th, 2018, 07:23 AM
I might join this challenge... hmm I'm not sure since there's no trimming challenge 2019 and I'm still trying to grow my hair longer. :hmm: I'm at the moment in no trimming 2018 challenge and my ends need a trim at the end of the year.
Of course I could just join this thread and trim only few times...

Past mid back, just a cm or two to reach waist
Growing, but at the same time I want to have beautiful even ends.
I haven't had a trim for a year but might gonna start doing micro trims to maintain blunt hemline
Not sure...
I hope at classic

The pic is from end of the July so it has grown little bit from then :D
https://aijaa.com/KRxSVW

azinachan
October 18th, 2018, 07:24 AM
Oh why isn't the pic showing... :confused:

amiraaah
October 18th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Azinachanwelcome :) just microtrim even millimeters off the ends and still you will gain length.
For uploading a picture try using postimage.org.

Estrid
October 21st, 2018, 09:58 AM
Oh why isn't the pic showing... :confused:

You have to use the image url, you get it by right clicking on the photo and "copy image address".

Singing Skies
October 21st, 2018, 09:57 PM

APL (Barely but it's there)

Growing

Damage

Probably 2-3 inches

BSL or hopefully even WL

Hopefully micro trimming works well for me :D

amiraaah
October 23rd, 2018, 08:09 AM

APL (Barely but it's there)

Growing

Damage

Probably 2-3 inches

BSL or hopefully even WL

Hopefully micro trimming works well for me :D

Welcome!i’m pretty sure microtrimming works for everyone :D