PDA

View Full Version : Layers In Thick Hair

Tehillim408
October 11th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Now that my hair is waist length, I miss the bounce and volume it used to have in its shorter, layered days. I love having long hair, but at the same time, I'm a little bored with it. Wearing it down is my favorite, but it just seems to lay so flat because of the heaviness. Would adding more layers be unwise (I have two right now)?

My hair is thick with a little bend to it. Once upon a time, it was wavy, but after multiple henna uses, it is more straight than anything.

Sid0rela
October 11th, 2018, 08:18 AM
i have thick hair myself, and the most layers i will ever do to my hair is a v-shaped haircut and a u-shaped when i get bored with the v.
i cant have any more layers cuz they look so bad with my 1b hair when its natural, because i dont straighten my hair usually.
im growing my bangs atm and am really struggling. i know its not the same thing, but i advise you to think well before deciding to have layers because they can be high mantainance.
here's my last haircut one month and a half ago, straightened by the hairdresser.
https://i.postimg.cc/t4zrhZLn/20181011_161323.jpg

lapushka
October 11th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Now that my hair is waist length, I miss the bounce and volume it used to have in its shorter, layered days. I love having long hair, but at the same time, I'm a little bored with it. Wearing it down is my favorite, but it just seems to lay so flat because of the heaviness. Would adding more layers be unwise (I have two right now)?

My hair is thick with a little bend to it. Once upon a time, it was wavy, but after multiple henna uses, it is more straight than anything.

You can home-cut layers, but these methods I would *not* recommend for hair shorter than waist length.

It is called "compact cutting", from the book "Haircutting for dummies".

You either make a ponytail on the top of your head & snip a bit off, or
You make a ponytail on the top of your forehead & snip a bit off.

Don't cut too much off! It will create layers instantly.

I have the ponytail on the forehead method & have layers from waist down to classic in the signature picture. I am FTL right now and my shortest layers are past waist now.

But you can always go to a hair dresser if you don't trust these methods; they will give you "layers" BIG time!

Here's the "official" home-cut layer thread:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138127