PDA

View Full Version : Leave in conditioner

cdonald2
October 8th, 2018, 10:16 PM
What are some good leave-in treatments? My ends are always dry even when I use oil. I need something that penetrates the hair shaft. Almost the way a really good lotion does for your skin.

Any suggestions? I don't want a trim and I need something that won't weigh it down. Maybe something foam? I'm trying to only do one trim per year

blesseddamozel
October 8th, 2018, 11:15 PM
I used the Cantu leave in conditioner for a long time and it worked great. I really like it because a little product goes a long way.

JennGalt
October 8th, 2018, 11:30 PM
I use (and like!) Cantu leave in conditioner, but it’s pretty heavy, or at least the kind I have is. I wouldn’t recommend it if your hair is easily weighed down though, unless it was diluted quite a bit and applied with a spray bottle.

When my hair gets super dry I apply some aloe gel. I use Lily of the Desert and it really moisturizes and softens, but it’s pretty weightless. It’s a great moisturizer on its own, but I often end up putting the Cantu leave in or olive oil on top of it to weigh my gravity-defiant curls down a bit and help seal in moisture.

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 05:36 AM
The Cantu leave-in, seconding that one.

The JBCO leave-in by Shea Moisture.

The key is not to use too much product. I am FTL and still use about a coinsize (ever since BSL) for my hair. It's more than enough! Spread through palms and scrunched in or smoothed over the very ends.

Henrietta
October 9th, 2018, 05:43 AM
The best leave-ins I know are by a Polish brand called Ziaja, do they might not be available to you. Is Gliss Kur available? Their have spray leave-ins based on cones. They work great for protecting long hair and softening the ends.
An alternative idea: find a body lotion that you like, that good ingredients and the right consistency. Some of the body lotions I use have such INCI lists that if I didn't know in advance, I wouldn't be able to tell if it's a skin product of a body product. Maybe there is one with a base (fatty alcohol) and then some nice oils and/or moisturisers? (Aloe vera, honey, glycerin, flax seed extract – depends on what your hair likes.)

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 07:14 AM
The best leave-ins I know are by a Polish brand called Ziaja, do they might not be available to you. Is Gliss Kur available? Their have spray leave-ins based on cones. They work great for protecting long hair and softening the ends.
An alternative idea: find a body lotion that you like, that good ingredients and the right consistency. Some of the body lotions I use have such INCI lists that if I didn't know in advance, I wouldn't be able to tell if it's a skin product of a body product. Maybe there is one with a base (fatty alcohol) and then some nice oils and/or moisturisers? (Aloe vera, honey, glycerin, flax seed extract – depends on what your hair likes.)

If she's going to buy something new, might as well buy something meant for the hair. Just sayin'.

nycelle
October 9th, 2018, 07:16 AM

ooh.. we can go them here. Are the products the same? Which would you recommend. link: https://www.zjashop.com/collections/hair-conditioner-mask
I always use my sister-in-laws products when I'm in Poznań and have had great results.

I've been using Briogeo Rosarco Milk as my leave-in. Spray some on my hands, and rub through ends.

poli
October 9th, 2018, 07:35 AM
ooh.. we can go them here. Are the products the same? Which would you recommend. link: https://www.zjashop.com/collections/hair-conditioner-mask
I always use my sister-in-laws products when I'm in Poznań and have had great results.

I've been using Briogeo Rosarco Milk as my leave-in. Spray some on my hands, and rub through ends.

I tried Argan and Tsubaki oil mask but it's not a leave-in, it is really good and it smell very strong (just a caution). Leave -ins come in white bottles with color tops. I like the jojoba oil one (blue top).

paulownia
October 9th, 2018, 07:43 AM
It's not much product available on this page...They have much more.
I have never used those with olive oil or cocoa butter. My favourite was the one with castor oil.
I have this mask with argan and tsubaki ;) great treat for dry hair. Maybe you could try this smoothing hair serum as a leave-in?
The most Ziaja's leave-ins that I remember had mineral oil in them. And dimethicone.
https://www.ziaja-sklep.pl/index.php?k39,wlosy-odzywki
Yes, poli is right it's those in white bottles and color caps.

Henrietta
October 9th, 2018, 07:55 AM
It's not much product available on this page...They have much more.
I have never used those with olive oil or cocoa butter. My favourite was the one with castor oil.
I have this mask with argan and tsubaki ;) great treat for dry hair. Maybe you could try this smoothing hair serum as a leave-in?
The most Ziaja's leave-ins that I remember had mineral oil in them. And dimethicone.
https://www.ziaja-sklep.pl/index.php?k39,wlosy-odzywki
Yes, poli is right it's those in white bottles and color caps.

Ziaja's smoothing conditioner (the one with purple – not burgundy, that's a different one – accents) has no mineral oil :) The others do (at least their "main" like, the one with white bottles and colourful caps, I don't remember the details of the INCI lists of the olive one and the cocoa one), but many people love it anyway. If you do too, then you could try these!

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Ziaja's smoothing conditioner (the one with purple – not burgundy, that's a different one – accents) has no mineral oil :) The others do (at least their "main" like, the one with white bottles and colourful caps, I don't remember the details of the INCI lists of the olive one and the cocoa one), but many people love it anyway. If you do too, then you could try these!

Oh gosh Henrietta, I have *so* many products to still use up; but I'll keep it in mind! :) Thanks! :)

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 12:07 PM
I use Isoplus Wrap Lotion. It's also excellent for brow-drying and roller-setting! I only use it for blow-drying and roller-setting. I haven't wrapped my hair in ages. Since the early to mid- 1990s. But I can tell ya' that it really penetrates into the hair shaft leaving it feeling very nice, soft, healthy, and shiny!

LittleOgre
October 9th, 2018, 12:19 PM
If your ends are dry dont use oil to seal dry ends. You're simply making it drier and there is nothing that can make your hair hydrated besides water . I reccomend using water specifically distilled water and depending on your environment. Rosewater is very good for dryness. If you live in a very humid place if not. Just distilled water with a leave in conditioner or any form of hair lotion so you can continue to spray water or coconut oil as well. Basically anything that will seal in the water but at the same time allow you to add more. Coconut oil I think helps because it covers your shaft but not completley because it soaks in ur hair.

LittleOgre
October 9th, 2018, 12:20 PM
The only reason lotions work better than oil is all because lotion has water. That is literally the difference between hair lotions and oils. That people notice gives there hair a difference

Brittny
October 9th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Personally I use African Pride's Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage leave in conditioner! It comes in a tub container and can be found at Walmart or Dollar General for $3 USD. I use this stuff after showers and when my hair is feeling dry during the week, it is honestly amazing. It moisturizes my dry ends and softens my hair with all the oils inside the product. :)

kikikhaleesi
October 9th, 2018, 05:50 PM
I use Briogeo Rosarco Milk as my leave-in (very light - should be good for your hair if you don't want it weighed-down). Then i put The Innate Life Rose Hair Elixer (oil) on top to seal in the moisture. I only use like 2 drops (very minimal).