PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2021! Second half only!

Pages : [1] 2

lapushka
October 8th, 2018, 06:03 AM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest July 5th 2021. The trimming period has been extended to the 5th of the month.
Challenge ends on December 31st 2021.

No other trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

If you are wanting to trim; please do so from:
July 1st through to and including July 10th.

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 12:41 PM
I'm joining in! I am planning not to trim at all for this year.

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Good for you! I'm doing the whole year too!

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Thank you! I figured since I never have any issues with breakage, roughness, or split ends why not keep on continuing to go for the challenge?

lapushka
October 10th, 2018, 03:35 AM
Thank you! I figured since I never have any issues with breakage, roughness, or split ends why not keep on continuing to go for the challenge?

I'm like that too. If I don't see bad stuff, I can just go on, why not?

Butterfly Blue
December 9th, 2020, 08:09 PM
I'm like that too. If I don't see bad stuff, I can just go on, why not?

I've been converted to this way of thinking too, I guess! I simply can't bring myself to trim in January. My hair has no split ends and the hemline seems good.
https://i.postimg.cc/nsX1hckS/Hair-Dec092020.jpg (https://postimg.cc/nsX1hckS) This photo is from today.
I have joined the 2021 No Trim Challenge :joy:

Butterfly Blue
December 9th, 2020, 08:13 PM

I have yet to figure out how to reply to two people at the same time! I am like you in that I don't see a need to trim if my hair has no issues with breakage, roughness, or split ends. So I am skipping the trim this January and carrying on for another year!:D

Bat
December 9th, 2020, 08:25 PM
Good for you! I'm doing the whole year too!

I'm in! hopefully still, I started my 13 months in December.

Jane99
December 9th, 2020, 09:06 PM
I am thinking about maybe not trimming for the second half of next year. Maybe I’ll plan to cut an inch in both March and June. It will really depend on how my hair is then though! I do have a lot of splits, at least right now, but the ends don’t look that bad at least. When I would cut up to a bob I would easily go a year or two without a trim but things are different for me with long hair. So I will pledge a solid maybe.

Bat
December 10th, 2020, 01:00 AM
I have yet to figure out how to reply to two people at the same time! I am like you in that I don't see a need to trim if my hair has no issues with breakage, roughness, or split ends. So I am skipping the trim this January and carrying on for another year!:D

The little quote with the + next to it, click on those until you have selected all the quotes you want to reply to, then click normal quote that should open the reply box with all the quotes

ZoeZ
December 10th, 2020, 04:01 AM
Okay I'm in! Hope I make it to the end! :) Good luck to everyone.

Bat
April 6th, 2021, 06:50 AM
At this stage I'm thinking I'll take part in this, I'm in no trimming club too will possibly maintain bangs and shaved sides though, guess it depends on what happens from now and until this starts

Diana Prince
May 26th, 2021, 11:53 AM
I am challenging myself to stay away from scissors until the end of the year. I have too many hair products that need to be used up on my bleached ends. I have to keep the length if I don’t want to throw away those heavy conditioners (and I am not a wasteful person...).

Bat
May 26th, 2021, 04:15 PM
So far so good I’m on track to join this fingers crossed I don’t do anything stupid before then

Stray_mind
May 31st, 2021, 01:44 AM
Joining here!

Lyanna
May 31st, 2021, 03:03 AM
I think I'll try joining this as well. My last trim was mid-April, so I'm counting on making it to the last few days of December.

Joyful Mystery
June 2nd, 2021, 09:40 AM
I'm joining! My last trim was on march 25th.

ZoeZ
June 2nd, 2021, 04:47 PM
I'm in. I'm in a stall right now, so this will hopefully prevent me from microtrimming, which I do not need to do. Good luck to us all! :)

ReadingRenee
June 2nd, 2021, 05:20 PM
Im definitely in this. I haven't decided if I will trim before the challenge starts or not. Im in the no trimming first half 2021 AND the all year no trim challenge right now.

paulownia
June 3rd, 2021, 02:35 AM
I think I'll pass this one ;)
I want to be able to trim in my favourite times, which is early spring ( after the winter) and autumn - afte the summer, I always felt like my hair needs a cut just after those periods of extreme weather.

0xalis
June 3rd, 2021, 12:30 PM
I'm still in it! Trying to go for the whole year :D
I think I can do it easily, I rarely find split ends and when I do S&D is perfect.

Pouncequick
June 4th, 2021, 09:18 AM
I think I'll join. I might have to bow out if it gets too rough, but I would really like to reach classic by Christmas. Preferably solidly classic. I'll trim again at the end of this month because my ends are very thin but this will give me an excuse to be a little more intentional with wearing my hair in updos and generally taking care of it. I sometimes skip right over benign neglect and just neglect my poor hair.

_Melly_
June 4th, 2021, 10:19 PM
I am in! I am very happy with my hair growth and am excited to see how far it gets.

JasminxCat
June 4th, 2021, 11:41 PM
Definitely joining

Carmelita287
June 5th, 2021, 04:29 AM
Deal. i am nomore trim my hair after 5th july 2021. And i let them to naturally to grow in peace :)

Joyful Mystery
June 14th, 2021, 09:56 AM
I can't wait for this to start! After this challenge, I'm continuing without trims for all of 2022.

Bat
June 14th, 2021, 10:37 AM
I can't wait for this to start! After this challenge, I'm continuing without trims for all of 2022. same!
Im considering that too though I might get a trim at the end of this one

Zesty
June 14th, 2021, 12:36 PM
I think I'll join. I might have to bow out if it gets too rough, but I would really like to reach classic by Christmas. Preferably solidly classic. I'll trim again at the end of this month because my ends are very thin but this will give me an excuse to be a little more intentional with wearing my hair in updos and generally taking care of it. I sometimes skip right over benign neglect and just neglect my poor hair.

Stopping by to say that your hair reminds me a lot of mine, at least in your signature. Can I say it's pretty, without sounding like I'm congratulating myself? :lol: But it is pretty.

I doubt I'll make it to the end of the year without a trim but if I decide to overshoot knee it might legitimately take that long.

timiddrake
June 14th, 2021, 03:14 PM
I'm in! I just hit APL and I'm curious how much it'll grow this year.

Lainey
June 15th, 2021, 04:49 AM
I’m in for this too. I’m ex pixie cut June last year. I am now touching shoulder with chin length layers. I have just about enough fine hair to put in a lowish bun with some front, side and nape hairs falling out. It doesn’t look too bad now so, I’ll just carry on like this for a while.

thatsideoflife
June 15th, 2021, 09:08 AM
Joining! Excited to see what happens if I dont trim after summer.

_Melly_
June 15th, 2021, 10:32 PM
I’m in for this too. I’m ex pixie cut June last year. I am now touching shoulder with chin length layers. I have just about enough fine hair to put in a lowish bun with some front, side and nape hairs falling out. It doesn’t look too bad now so, I’ll just carry on like this for a while.

Aw you sound like me! I had buzzed hair last Summer too. I can do a tiny low ponytail.

Lainey
June 16th, 2021, 06:15 AM
Aw you sound like me! I had buzzed hair last Summer too. I can do a tiny low ponytail.

Let’s see where we can get by the end of the year Melly. I used a claw clip yesterday which gave a reasonable effect. So easy too. What length are you ultimately aiming at?

Bat
June 16th, 2021, 06:17 AM
15 more days everyone, then it begins

Joyful Mystery
June 17th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Yay! It looks like more have joined this challenge! Good luck _Melly_ and Lainey, it's not easy growing out from super short!

Two more weeks to go!

sipnsun
June 18th, 2021, 07:11 AM
Since I failed the yearly challenge I'm going to join this one! Will have to do a small trim before it starts to even my hemline again and then I should be good until January.

Handel'sWig
June 18th, 2021, 07:43 AM
I should join this challenge! Just trimmed 1/2” and my hair feels so much better now. Now I want to grow to hip in earnest. I have probably an inch or so left.

illicitlizard
June 19th, 2021, 06:58 PM
I'm joining here methinks, don't have any plans to trim until the end of the year, we'll see how long I last! I think being in this thread will push me more than the general no trimming thread - I'd be likely to just give up at the first sign of wispier ends

Bat
June 20th, 2021, 12:15 AM
I'm joining here methinks, don't have any plans to trim until the end of the year, we'll see how long I last! I think being in this thread will push me more than the general no trimming thread - I'd be likely to just give up at the first sign of wispier ends

I can‘t imagine your hair ever looking bad

ZoeZ
June 20th, 2021, 02:01 PM
I will join, I've had the urge to trim for no good reason, I have good ends and healthy hair, so this will keep my fingers away from the scissors I hope!

momof3mary
June 20th, 2021, 02:35 PM
I'm in, started to do an under cut yesterday and hated it so I buzzed again. It's been unreasonably hot up here though so I picked a great time to mess my hair up😂Onward we go!!

Bat
June 20th, 2021, 07:32 PM
I'm in, started to do an under cut yesterday and hated it so I buzzed again. It's been unreasonably hot up here though so I picked a great time to mess my hair up😂Onward we go!!

what am I going to do with you? xD no more of that missy!

illicitlizard
June 20th, 2021, 08:35 PM
I can‘t imagine your hair ever looking bad
Ha, thanks Bat, that's the attitude I'm going to try and channel 3 months from now :p

I will join, I've had the urge to trim for no good reason, I have good ends and healthy hair, so this will keep my fingers away from the scissors I hope!
Seems we're in a similar boat, no need to trim when the ends are fine! Good luck staying away from the scissors

momof3mary well, that's a fresh start for sure, growing from super short is so frustrating, but you can do it! 6 months gives so much progress

momof3mary
June 20th, 2021, 09:42 PM
what am I going to do with you? xD no more of that missy!

I know, I wanna smack myself sometimes🤦

momof3mary
June 20th, 2021, 09:44 PM
Ha, thanks Bat, that's the attitude I'm going to try and channel 3 months from now :p

Seems we're in a similar boat, no need to trim when the ends are fine! Good luck staying away from the scissors

momof3mary well, that's a fresh start for sure, growing from super short is so frustrating, but you can do it! 6 months gives so much progress

I'm determined at some point before I'm 50 (I just turned 40) that I will at the very least get to chin again. I have a problem with always wanting to cut it during the grow out process.

Bat
June 21st, 2021, 01:51 AM
I know, I wanna smack myself sometimes🤦

Sometimes I wish I could shave off my whole head but I’ve gotten this far so may as well keep pushing on, I do get how hard it is, I struggle too these challenges do help (even though I’ve failed two of them)

Bat
June 27th, 2021, 03:52 AM
3 odd days to go! I’m ready, I don’t think I’ll even get a trim beforehand since last hemline trim was May 14th.
Gotta practice for next year since I want to do all year without them.

I’ll probably shave my sides down before midnight and see how much they grow in during 6 months :D

Obsidian
June 27th, 2021, 09:29 PM
I think I'll join this time. I've done 6 months before no problem and since I like the layers that happen while growing out a pixie, I really don't have any reason to trim.

I need something else to occupy my mind besides what color is growing out of my head.

Bat
June 28th, 2021, 01:29 AM
I think I'll join this time. I've done 6 months before no problem and since I like the layers that happen while growing out a pixie, I really don't have any reason to trim.

I need something else to occupy my mind besides what color is growing out of my head.

I do like that copper, its really cute

Bat
June 28th, 2021, 02:27 AM
I've realised shoulder to cbl, then that to apl is going to be a nightmare, my upper back expanse is massive for some reason, I feel that will take until the end of next year to reach, so hopefully I atleast make it past CBL.

I also feel my hair has shrunk so it looks barely shoulder again D:

starting photo since I'm not going to be trimming before the 1st
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/754621585465540641/859109764101308456/IMG_29Jun2021at23518am.jpg

i'm still undecided if I'm letting my bangs and sides grow out so I'll say I'm maintaining for now, I might let them grow out next year.

Obsidian
June 28th, 2021, 11:59 AM
Thanks, that is actually a old picture, the copper I have now is darker. I've started using henna again, I don't want to deal with chemical damage anymore.

Your hair looks a lot healthier then it did when you first came here. Is there much bleach damage left?

Bat
June 28th, 2021, 06:55 PM
Thanks, that is actually a old picture, the copper I have now is darker. I've started using henna again, I don't want to deal with chemical damage anymore.

Your hair looks a lot healthier then it did when you first came here. Is there much bleach damage left?

Probably lol I can’t really tell any difference between the too

sipnsun
June 29th, 2021, 10:15 AM
I've realised shoulder to cbl, then that to apl is going to be a nightmare, my upper back expanse is massive for some reason, I feel that will take until the end of next year to reach, so hopefully I atleast make it past CBL.

I also feel my hair has shrunk so it looks barely shoulder again D:

starting photo since I'm not going to be trimming before the 1st
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/754621585465540641/859109764101308456/IMG_29Jun2021at23518am.jpg

i'm still undecided if I'm letting my bangs and sides grow out so I'll say I'm maintaining for now, I might let them grow out next year.

You’ve made some great progress Bat!

lapushka
June 29th, 2021, 11:28 AM
One more day to go, and then let's see who made it. :cheer:

Congratulations to everyone who made it through this part of the year.

Ylva
June 29th, 2021, 12:07 PM
I think I'll be skipping this one as I want to do a few trims later in the year (the final quarter, probably). However, you never know, so I'll hang out here until I actually do trim. :)

Jools69
June 30th, 2021, 05:33 AM
Nice to see so many people joining the challenge! :D

I’ll be joining this one, too. Originally, I was on the 12 month challenge, but decided to swap to the first half of 2021, as I wanted to do a tiny trim halfway through the year. ;)

I’ll be posting a beginning picture after I trim this Friday! :o

Vivalagina
June 30th, 2021, 07:02 AM
I'm in! I haven't cut my hair since last June when I chopped to chin. I think I can be at APL by the end of the year. I'm so ready to be able to easily put my hair up without short pieces slipping out.

Bat
June 30th, 2021, 06:02 PM
You’ve made some great progress Bat!

Thank you! I still don’t feel that I’m solidly at shoulder yet, it’s taking forever!

Stray_mind
July 1st, 2021, 01:05 AM
I am not planning to trim for this half of the year, so i'll share my starting pic

https://i.imgur.com/kyonk2I.jpg

aloewurly
July 1st, 2021, 01:39 AM
Joining here! Only doing the occasional S&D from now on.

Bat
July 1st, 2021, 04:18 AM
I'm ready! I'm hoping to do this challenge and the whole of next year back to back, but baby steps!

Bat
July 1st, 2021, 04:21 AM
One more day to go, and then let's see who made it. :cheer:

Congratulations to everyone who made it through this part of the year.

this is the second half :D get back into your time machine

Eastbound&Down
July 1st, 2021, 08:33 AM
I'm going to check in, although I'm undecided if I'm going to skip my solstice/equinox trims for the second half of the year. Happy growing, everyone!

sipnsun
July 1st, 2021, 02:47 PM
I'm ready! I'm hoping to do this challenge and the whole of next year back to back, but baby steps!

Baby steps are good and I'm ready too! I think I'm going to skip the micro trim that I had planned to do since I spent a couple of hours S&D'ing the other day. Hopefully I'll do better this half than the first half, I let my mom cut a few inches off in May. I'll keep the scissors put away when she visits from now on!

Joyful Mystery
July 1st, 2021, 03:02 PM
I'm ready! Wishing everyone speedy growth!

Bat
July 1st, 2021, 08:29 PM
Baby steps are good and I'm ready too! I think I'm going to skip the micro trim that I had planned to do since I spent a couple of hours S&D'ing the other day. Hopefully I'll do better this half than the first half, I let my mom cut a few inches off in May. I'll keep the scissors put away when she visits from now on!

We got this :D I’m taking it month by month so I’m not being overwhelmed I hid my scissors hopefully I’ll forget where I put them

Diana Prince
July 2nd, 2021, 03:20 AM
I also took my beginning picture so I'm ready for the challenge :). Can't wait to compare them at the end.

Jools69
July 2nd, 2021, 05:34 AM
Good luck every one on growing your hair.

Here’s my starting picture. I grew to 32 3/4 inches in the first half of 2021 and after a tiny trim today, now at 32 inches:

https://i.imgur.com/6FRqkls.jpg

aloewurly
July 2nd, 2021, 06:25 AM
Good luck every one on growing your hair.

Here’s my starting picture. I grew to 32 3/4 inches in the first half of 2021 and after a tiny trim today, now at 32 inches:

https://i.imgur.com/6FRqkls.jpg

32 is MY goal length :lol: Good luck growing!

Jools69
July 2nd, 2021, 01:23 PM
32 is MY goal length :lol: Good luck growing!
Thanks. Good luck reaching 32 inches! :)

Hedwig
July 3rd, 2021, 05:50 AM
I'm joining in! My last cut was on March 22nd - way too short, terrible haircut, so I've been growing it out ever since and want to see how long I can get it until the end of the year. It's already grown so much in those three months, I'm excited to see what it'll look like by December 22nd. :)

Bat
July 3rd, 2021, 06:02 AM
I'm joining in! My last cut was on March 22nd - way too short, terrible haircut, so I've been growing it out ever since and want to see how long I can get it until the end of the year. It's already grown so much in those three months, I'm excited to see what it'll look like by December 22nd. :)

Happy to have you join us! I hope I last longer than 2 months this time

mirinda
July 4th, 2021, 02:01 AM
Count me in! Last cut June 20th.

Bat
July 4th, 2021, 04:36 AM
welcome to LHC!

paper.wyrm
July 5th, 2021, 12:59 AM
I'll join, I tried to do the first half of 2021 but I ended up caving and trimming at the beginning of June as my ends were really ratty. At least I technically held out for 6 months as my last trim before that was in early December. I just trimmed a little again this morning so I'm going to try and hold off now until the finish line!

Bat
July 5th, 2021, 01:42 AM
good luck!

JasminxCat
July 5th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Last cut July 1st
Let's go

Joyful Mystery
July 6th, 2021, 01:23 PM
My last trim was on March 25th. After this challenge I'm hopping right into the year long no trimming challenge for next year.

If I finish this year and continue all of next year without trimming I should be back at waist (or be really close) by the end of next year.

cestlavie
July 6th, 2021, 04:14 PM
I think I'll be skipping this one as I want to do a few trims later in the year (the final quarter, probably). However, you never know, so I'll hang out here until I actually do trim. :)

Me too! I'm planning on doing more regular trims but for now I'm good. Good luck everyone!

baanoo
July 6th, 2021, 05:24 PM
is it cheating if I join this challenge while being in the yearlong challenge (and having done the first-half challenge)? :taz:

Eastbound&Down
July 6th, 2021, 05:52 PM
is it cheating if I join this challenge while being in the yearlong challenge (and having done the first-half challenge)? :taz:

Nah! two birds, one stone

Bat
July 7th, 2021, 12:52 AM

nope that was what I attempted this year, I was both first part and the whole year until I got a trim

Kathie
July 7th, 2021, 02:09 AM
Just in time! I've been awol for a while. I had my hair cut back to above shoulder on June 10th. Tbh I didnt really get past shoulder in the ~6 months I wasnt posting.

Anywho- most of the layers are gone. Its long enough to wear up. So I feel Im in a good starting place.

But give me strength- shoulder is an awkward phase for me. I'll be there again sometime during this challenge.

ZoeZ
July 7th, 2021, 06:53 AM
Just in time! I've been awol for a while. I had my hair cut back to above shoulder on June 10th. Tbh I didnt really get past shoulder in the ~6 months I wasnt posting.

Anywho- most of the layers are gone. Its long enough to wear up. So I feel Im in a good starting place.

But give me strength- shoulder is an awkward phase for me. I'll be there again sometime during this challenge.

Hang in there - shoulder is IMO the absolute worst length for doing anything - once you get down to shoulder-blade length it is so much more fun!

Lainey
July 7th, 2021, 07:03 AM
Hang in there - shoulder is IMO the absolute worst length for doing anything - once you get down to shoulder-blade length it is so much more fun!

ZoeZ, ooh this is encouraging. That couple more inches makes the difference?

SwanFeathers
July 7th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Joining in, hoping to make it to shoulder by Jan :)

Bat
July 7th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Took me until recently to get back past that horrible chin to shoulder stage never going back to that for sure

Jo Ann
July 8th, 2021, 01:09 AM
I'm in.

I'm curious if my Turbie Twist towel will help me avoid the "split bird tail" hemline that caused me to drop out of the last challenge. Instead of wrapping my hair in the Turbie Twist, I'm just folding it over my head then placing the towel over the fold and tucking the towel into the loop at the back of the towel. Anyway, the worst of the bleach damage is gone and I've gotten no more mats in my hair from washing it :p

Unstretched, I'm solid BSL--stretched, it's almost as long as in my avatar picture. My goal is to have it almost HL, like in my sig pic, next year.

JasminxCat
July 8th, 2021, 01:18 AM
I'm in.

I'm curious if my Turbie Twist towel will help me avoid the "split bird tail" hemline that caused me to drop out of the last challenge. Instead of wrapping my hair in the Turbie Twist, I'm just folding it over my head then placing the towel over the fold and tucking the towel into the loop at the back of the towel. Anyway, the worst of the bleach damage is gone and I've gotten no more mats in my hair from washing it :p

Unstretched, I'm solid BSL--stretched, it's almost as long as in my avatar picture. My goal is to have it almost HL, like in my sig pic, next year.

Not sure, but that's how I use my turbie twist. I don't have to fold anything since my hair isn't that long and it folds itself once I bend my head over. I prefer doing it that way instead of having any hair twisted into the turbie just to avoid any tugging while it's wet that I might not be able to feel. And it sufficiently dries after 5 minutes the way I do it, so it works

lapushka
July 8th, 2021, 02:14 AM

No you can be in the halves, IMHO, as well as the big one; no cheating, please there's no need to use that word! :D Full on welcome, baanoo.

Exactly what Eastbound&Down said! :thumbsup:

Decemberrose
July 8th, 2021, 02:37 AM
I’m in for this one. Just past BSL aiming for waist. Also growing out henna, six months in now. Doing the tucked french braid to break up demarcation and hiding the length. It works for me! Last trim was in late june. 2 cm came off.

Jo Ann
July 8th, 2021, 04:01 AM
Not sure, but that's how I use my turbie twist. I don't have to fold anything since my hair isn't that long and it folds itself once I bend my head over. I prefer doing it that way instead of having any hair twisted into the turbie just to avoid any tugging while it's wet that I might not be able to feel. And it sufficiently dries after 5 minutes the way I do it, so it works

In my case, I lost about two feet of length because of bleach damage this past year. I discovered the last time my roots were done that the shortest pieces in the back lined up with where I twisted my towel. While the worst of the bleach damage is now gone, I'm learning to not put undue strain on my hair after it's washed.

Joyful Mystery
July 8th, 2021, 04:01 PM

I plan on joining all three challenges next year :D

Kathie
July 19th, 2021, 04:34 PM
I received a reminder that my 6 weekly trim is due this week. I cancelled it, which felt good.

As a side note, I'm also planning to wear my hair up throughout this 6 month period.

Onwards and downwards!

Bat
July 19th, 2021, 07:00 PM
My dye urges are still there big surprise, but still going strong with my no trims I’ve had no desire to cut yet 2 and a half months and counting

Glitch
July 19th, 2021, 10:28 PM
I'm in! It'll be tough for me but ultimately good, as sometimes I get a bit too scissor-happy when it comes to maintaining my blunt hemline :(

Jools69
July 19th, 2021, 11:46 PM
Good luck everybody!

I know my parents told me you shouldn’t wish your life away, but I can’t wait to see how long my hair will be at the end of the year. I’m expecting to reach BCL - which is possible, since my hair reaches it when I tilt my head right back. :D

Kathie
July 20th, 2021, 01:18 AM
Good luck everybody!

I know my parents told me you shouldn’t wish your life away, but I can’t wait to see how long my hair will be at the end of the year. I’m expecting to reach BCL - which is possible, since my hair reaches it when I tilt my head right back. :D

Good luck to you too!

I'm fairly confident I will be past CL by the end of the year. The longest I've been without a trim in recent years is 3 months. I'm excited to see what growth I can achieve in 6+.

Diana Prince
July 28th, 2021, 04:00 AM
I am out of this challenge. I ordered a pair of sharp scissors and tommorrow Iäm going to cut some layers in my hair.

I have been thinking about it for some time but was too scared to try. But even with all the deep conditioning treatments, the last 6 inches of my hair are fried (bleach damage from 2 years ago). I stopped dying my hair one year and a half ago so most of the damage is gone, the chunk that bothers me is in the front part of my hair (the hairs from the back of my head are virgin and very healthy). I wanted to book an appointment at the hair salon but that meant they will cut my hair back to chin length and I DON´T suit hair that short (it´s almost APL now). So by softly layering it I´m going to get rid of most of the damage. I´ve seen a lot of tutorials on YT so hopefully it will come out looking decent (I´m not going to trim the lengths).

Good luck everyone :).

Eastbound&Down
July 28th, 2021, 07:28 AM
I am out of this challenge. I ordered a pair of sharp scissors and tommorrow Iäm going to cut some layers in my hair.

I have been thinking about it for some time but was too scared to try. But even with all the deep conditioning treatments, the last 6 inches of my hair are fried (bleach damage from 2 years ago). I stopped dying my hair one year and a half ago so most of the damage is gone, the chunk that bothers me is in the front part of my hair (the hairs from the back of my head are virgin and very healthy). I wanted to book an appointment at the hair salon but that meant they will cut my hair back to chin length and I DON´T suit hair that short (it´s almost APL now). So by softly layering it I´m going to get rid of most of the damage. I´ve seen a lot of tutorials on YT so hopefully it will come out looking decent (I´m not going to trim the lengths).

Good luck everyone :).

Good luck! Post some pictures if you are comfortable! I plan to do the same thing once I get closer to my goal.

Bat
July 28th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Good luck! You can join the no trims club afterwards

Kathie
July 29th, 2021, 03:58 PM
I'm officially at an awkward phase. Compared to chin length SL makes me look drawn out. But approaching APL I think it looks better than CL.

Good news- I don't want to cut.

Its only down when its drying. When its up Im happy that my ponytails are getting bigger and my peacock twist more stable.

Shorty89
August 1st, 2021, 11:23 AM
I know I'm a month late but I can't decide if I should join here or the no trimming club. I want to go without turns until December, if I can.

Eastbound&Down
August 2nd, 2021, 06:51 PM
I know I'm a month late but I can't decide if I should join here or the no trimming club. I want to go without turns until December, if I can.

Join both! Can't hurt, that's for sure!

Bat
August 2nd, 2021, 07:57 PM

If your last trim was before July 10th you are welcome to join us

Shorty89
August 2nd, 2021, 09:13 PM
If your last trim was before July 10th you are welcome to join us

It was near that... It may have been the 15th.

Bat
August 3rd, 2021, 02:09 PM
It was near that... It may have been the 15th. well join us anyway, lapushka can tell you if it's OK or not :D

Bat
August 3rd, 2021, 02:13 PM
I almost was going to get my hair cut back to chin so my shorter parts had less to catch up with, but the salons near me are shut so that saved me a regret

illicitlizard
August 3rd, 2021, 08:47 PM
I almost was going to get my hair cut back to chin so my shorter parts had less to catch up with, but the salons near me are shut so that saved me a regret

The one plus of snap lockdowns :p

Bat
August 3rd, 2021, 09:53 PM

Lol yep, my hair has some Loki vibes today

Kathie
August 3rd, 2021, 11:35 PM

Yeah- lets not come out of this with lockdown haircuts.

And Loki vibes sounds kind cool!

Bat
August 3rd, 2021, 11:47 PM
See somewhat lol
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/754621585465540641/872353488091369532/IMG_04082021_154104_200_x_300_pixel.jpg

Kathie
August 4th, 2021, 12:05 AM
Yes, I can see the resemblance!

Bat
August 4th, 2021, 12:10 AM
I could probably make it more like it with gel xD but I won't haha

The-Young-Maid
August 4th, 2021, 12:52 PM
Well if it's not cheating I guess I'll join this one too lol

hannabiss
August 4th, 2021, 01:12 PM
I'm out! I made the the first half at least. I haven't cut yet but I plan to do a nice trim in September, add my bangs back and some face framing layers. I miss having some strands down but with the summer heat I'm waiting for it to cool down. But I've already decided. Happy growing!

luluj
August 5th, 2021, 08:46 AM
I am going to join this challenge after a successful first half challenge. :meditate:

ETA...

I went to the salon and had my layers refreshed on July 8th and one inch taken off my hemline. It feels wonderful, nothing like fresh ends to keep me motivated.

lapushka
August 5th, 2021, 09:18 AM

^Yeah no, I extended it from the 5th up to the 10th; I mean the 15th is halfway into one month. That's a lot. For me it's a no.

Glitch
August 6th, 2021, 03:56 PM
I checked out my length from the back in the mirror today and it's noticeably longer than the last time I looked! I didn't bother stretching it out or anything, since, knowing how I am, I'd probably be too tempted to even it all out. :scissors:

Man, I can't wait until I'm at my happy length again, so that I can keep evening it out forever to my heart's content. Gosh... :laugh:

It's okay that it's late, happens to me all the time! I got lucky that I really cut my hair last minute this time. In cases where I'm late, I still don't cut for however long the challenge is + the extra time I need to make up, depending on when I last cut it, and then celebrate to myself afterwards! :p :joy:

Eastbound&Down
August 15th, 2021, 08:33 AM
After this challenge, I think I'm going to cut the dyed put of my hair off of my undercut. I think it'll be nice to have at least one section of my hair be 100% virgin for the first time in like 15 years.

Bat
August 17th, 2021, 02:28 PM
I know we are only past the one month mark with this challenge, but it's been 3 months since my last trim! Usually I'd have trimmed by now

sweetlyfallen
August 18th, 2021, 08:49 AM
My last trim was June 2nd 2021... well I wanted a trim but it became more of a cut.. thanks to my oh so lovely stylist ;p right now my hair is resting about APL at measuring 17.5" when I measure from my part down the side of my head. I've set a goal not to trim for five years so let's start out with six months!! The one good thing about my stylist's eager chop is that all my old dyed hair is gone so now my hair is officially virgin! That has been what has been holding me back in my long hair journey for a while! I am ready for it to start.. lets go!

Bright
August 19th, 2021, 11:28 AM
I was giving myself leeway to trim after the first half challenge, but at this point I think I may as well just continue. Last trim November 8, 2020. I haven't seen any split ends yet, so I should be alright :o

How's everyone doing?

Kathie
August 19th, 2021, 02:29 PM
I was giving myself leeway to trim after the first half challenge, but at this point I think I may as well just continue. Last trim November 8, 2020. I haven't seen any split ends yet, so I should be alright :o

How's everyone doing?

Im going well! No urges to trim.

I've never tried to grow without trims. When I first found LHC I grew while slowly trimming out bleached hair. The second time I went to a hairdresser every 6-8 weeks. This time- I'm going to let it grow without trims for a while to see what it does.

_Melly_
August 19th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Congrats Bat!!

Bat
August 19th, 2021, 05:29 PM
Congrats Bat!!

Thank you!

lapushka
August 20th, 2021, 08:06 AM
I know we are only past the one month mark with this challenge, but it's been 3 months since my last trim! Usually I'd have trimmed by now

I think it looks great, seems very healthy in your avatar; keep it up! :thumbsup:

Bat
August 21st, 2021, 09:18 AM
I think it looks great, seems very healthy in your avatar; keep it up! :thumbsup:
Thanks! the left sides in better condition than the right which has had 2 odd bleaching this year

Pouncequick
August 21st, 2021, 04:23 PM
I think I'm out this year. I'm dissatisfied with my ends and I think my hair stays in better condition with seasonal microtrims. I will do that but try to keep focusing on treating my hair nicely. Good luck to everyone!

cinamio
August 21st, 2021, 08:16 PM
I’ll be able to avoid trimming again this year. Next summer, I expect I’ll need another trim

illicitlizard
August 22nd, 2021, 10:42 PM
Congrats to all who haven't trimmed yet!

I've also managed to avoid the scissors, mostly by bunning it nearly all the time. When I see my ends I get the urge to trim, but I want to push it until the end of next month (which is what I said last month).

At this point I'm honestly terrified of going to a hairdresser as my hair is now "long" enough to be in danger of hairdresser decimation. Can't trim it myself, I don't trust myself and if it isn't perfectly blunt and straight I'll have an aneurysm :p

Bat
August 23rd, 2021, 04:16 AM
I might be leaving here to cut back to shoulder or to have it more blended I have some chunky sections that are annoying me, made an appointment at my course tomorrow for a cut. I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. I might change my mind and chicken out which isn't a bad thing

Talked myself out of it, I must stay strong.

ZoeZ
August 23rd, 2021, 10:33 AM
I might be leaving here to cut back to shoulder or to have it more blended I have some chunky sections that are annoying me, made an appointment at my course tomorrow for a cut. I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. I might change my mind and chicken out which isn't a bad thing

Good on you Bat: I have this picture of you with long flowing Goth locks, would love to see that become a reality! (I live somewhat vicariously, lol!) I found that once I got past APL it really seemed to grow fast!

Kathie
August 23rd, 2021, 03:09 PM

Glad you decided against it. Grow more then cut less.

I'm at the phase where my hair looks better up, which is ok. Its the thick ends triangle phase. It will take a fair few inches before it looks good down again.

Jools69
August 23rd, 2021, 03:14 PM
I was tempted to trim today after seeing a few splits in my hair. Instead, I spent a couple of hours S & D and feel much better now! :o

Bat
August 23rd, 2021, 06:43 PM
Good on you Bat: I have this picture of you with long flowing Goth locks, would love to see that become a reality! (I live somewhat vicariously, lol!) I found that once I got past APL it really seemed to grow fast!

Lmao thanks I'm not sure yet if I'm sticking with black so just letting my horrible natural color grow
Until I figure that out

Glad you decided against it. Grow more then cut less.

I'm at the phase where my hair looks better up, which is ok. Its the thick ends triangle phase. It will take a fair few inches before it looks good down again.

My hair is s mess with 6636658 layers lol but atkeat I can tie most of them up

FaeBroom
August 23rd, 2021, 07:07 PM
If theres no deadline to join, I'd like to officially hop into no trim for the second half! I was back and forth on deciding on a trim midway through the year, but if I can hold out until the 2022 then 2021 will be a year of solid growth, no trims whatsoever. I think I found a hairstylist I may trust to do a cleanup at the beginning of next year, but who knows how I'll feel then. I may have more or less confidence in the quality of my hair, who knows. I already cut my own bangs but I'm scared of touching the hemline, now that i want things even instead of choppy. But for now, I think the LHC method would recommend patience and contemplation- no changes until you're absolutely sure.

illicitlizard
August 24th, 2021, 01:59 AM
Bat glad to hear you talked yourself out of a trim! Plenty of time to do that later. No harm in dying black if that's what you want, but you may get a better appreciation for your natural colour if you let it grow.

Jools69 I did the same thing the other week, was seriously considering a trim but a little bit of S&D talked me out of it :)

FaeBroom as long as you haven't trimmed since July 10th you're absolutely welcome to jump in at any time. I agree with the sentiment of patience and contemplation - the mainstays of actually getting hair to grow. Good luck on no trimming for the next few months!

Bat
August 24th, 2021, 09:17 PM
It's very unlikely I'll like my natural color, browns never been a color I like on myself but I need to have some fresh growth if I decide to go blond

_Melly_
August 25th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Hang in there Bat!

Aunt Rapunzel
August 25th, 2021, 02:45 PM
FaeBroom as long as you haven't trimmed since July 10th you're absolutely welcome to jump in at any time. I agree with the sentiment of patience and contemplation - the mainstays of actually getting hair to grow. Good luck on no trimming for the next few months!

I'm late in joining, too, but as long as this is the case, I'm in! :) The last trim I had was on April 24th. I usually would trim about every three months, but so far everything is growing pretty evenly. I don't plan to trim until January now - and then only if it needs it.

And illicitlizard, your hair looks amazing in your avatar!

JasminxCat
August 25th, 2021, 11:00 PM
It's very unlikely I'll like my natural color, browns never been a color I like on myself but I need to have some fresh growth if I decide to go blond

I don't like brown on myself either. But then I remember I prefer virgin hair over chemically processed. Maybe one day I'll experiment on the ends after it's long enough

Bat
August 26th, 2021, 02:46 AM
I don't like brown on myself either. But then I remember I prefer virgin hair over chemically processed. Maybe one day I'll experiment on the ends after it's long enough

I haven’t had virgin hair since I was like 12/13 it’s been a while lmao

tekla
August 26th, 2021, 04:27 AM
I'm a bit late to join as well. I had the previous trim May 24th and I won't trim until I'm at solid BSL/MBL (middle finger fingertip). I might snip off some individual split ends but otherwise no cutting for me.

https://i.imgur.com/wvrSoPl.jpeg

ZoeZ
August 26th, 2021, 10:17 AM
I am waiting for the end of the year, and then will trim a tiny bit to even out the hemline. So far so good. I am tempted though!

Bat
August 26th, 2021, 07:30 PM
I guess I might have to leave here, I haven't touched my hair with scissors since may, but I had these chunky side bits of my bange that looks disconnected to the rest of my hair so I had them lightly chipped into to blend in with the rest of my hair, it's still part of my bangs so can I call it maintaining bangs? Nothing else was touched

GordonMurphella
August 27th, 2021, 04:11 AM
lol, if it involves scissors Bat, methinks it's a trim :)

I'm in, unintentionally. I took a tiny dusting in about May? (What day is it? Who am I?) and realised I haven't taken scissors to my hair in about a year previous to that.

Bat
August 27th, 2021, 06:43 AM
Maintaining bangs is allowed here

Kathie
August 27th, 2021, 04:51 PM
Maintaining bangs is allowed here

Yeah- we can trim bangs but not cut new ones in. So you are all good!

Bat
August 27th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Yeah- we can trim bangs but not cut new ones in. So you are all good!

Thanks! I don't want to fail this so soon just for a couple of fringe snips

zhivago
August 29th, 2021, 06:39 AM
I'll join, it seems like a good idea.

Bat
August 29th, 2021, 09:10 PM

Welcome and goodluck

JasminxCat
August 30th, 2021, 12:18 AM
I guess I might have to leave here, I haven't touched my hair with scissors since may, but I had these chunky side bits of my bange that looks disconnected to the rest of my hair so I had them lightly chipped into to blend in with the rest of my hair, it's still part of my bangs so can I call it maintaining bangs? Nothing else was touched

Personally if I wanted to blend a section of hair because it started to look or feel disconnected, without removing length, I wouldn't consider it a trim, even if it wasn't bangs e.g. layers, face framing sections, or removing bulk

Glitch
September 1st, 2021, 12:19 PM
Ohhh my, last night my hair was in a loose side pony tail and I noticed how long it seemed! More motivation to not touch it. :scissors:

My mom also quit trimming and yesterday she had her hair down after so long. It was so much longer than when I last saw it!

Eventually, not trimming (or at least not trimming like crazy, as I used to...) really does make a difference. :o

Stray_mind
September 1st, 2021, 01:12 PM
I'm still around. Almost at BSL now. I pray for waist by the end of the year but 3 months is so little time... Think i will get there in late january or february next year.

Jools69
September 1st, 2021, 02:18 PM
Welcome! :)

Ohhh my, last night my hair was in a loose side pony tail and I noticed how long it seemed! More motivation to not touch it. :scissors:

Eventually, not trimming (or at least not trimming like crazy, as I used to...) really does make a difference. :o
Well done. These challenges are great incentive to reduce trimming. It’s helped me! ;)

I'm still around. Almost at BSL now. I pray for waist by the end of the year but 3 months is so little time... Think i will get there in late january or february next year.
Well done. You’ll be at waist in no time! :)

I measured my hair today: 33 inches! I’m in the ‘hip area’, but not ready to call it hip just yet. Perhaps in a couple of months. ;)

lapushka
September 1st, 2021, 03:23 PM

If it's not grown out too bad, don't worry 'bout it!

Bat
September 1st, 2021, 04:04 PM
If it's not grown out too bad, don't worry 'bout it!

Nope they are still pretty short, from this post onwards I'm going to grow them our so any more bang trims will disqualify me, so let's hope I can make it till Jan:D

Glitch
September 1st, 2021, 04:13 PM
Well done. These challenges are great incentive to reduce trimming. It’s helped me! ;)

Agreed - thank you so much! :heartbeat

ReadingRenee
September 2nd, 2021, 10:26 AM
Bat way to go on the no trimming!

I may have to drop out of this challenge. I realized that I actually haven't trimmed since July 27 2020 and by the time this challenge is over, It will have been almost a year and a half that I won't have trimmed. I don't think my hair can handle it. I am recognizing the thin ends that I start to see when I don't trim and that I end up trimming ALL of them off eventually, losing a lot of length. It seems silly to drop out with only 3 months to go but I would like to enjoy my hair down every once in a while. I don't know, I am torn.

Bat
September 2nd, 2021, 04:48 PM

I may have to drop out of this challenge. I realized that I actually haven't trimmed since July 27 2020 and by the time this challenge is over, It will have been almost a year and a half that I won't have trimmed. I don't think my hair can handle it. I am recognizing the thin ends that I start to see when I don't trim and that I end up trimming ALL of them off eventually, losing a lot of length. It seems silly to drop out with only 3 months to go but I would like to enjoy my hair down every once in a while. I don't know, I am torn.

thanks! and I'd recomend waiting until the end of the month. I'm thinking of maintaining until my shortest layers catch up (ignoring the sides i'd be like maintaining a year and a bit) but also am waiting until the end of the month. I don't want to ruin my progress, next year will be the better time I think.

illicitlizard
September 2nd, 2021, 06:28 PM

Yeah I understand that sentiment. I trimmed in January but I'm nearing the end of my hair's tether. I really want a trim but I also sorta want to stick it out for 3 more months and see where it takes me. I think my ends would accrue too much damage though, and I'm starting to dislike it down because of the ends. I too am torn.

I've booked a consultation with a hairdresser at the end of the month, we'll see if I go through with booking a trim after.

ReadingRenee
September 3rd, 2021, 10:47 AM
thanks! and I'd recomend waiting until the end of the month. I'm thinking of maintaining until my shortest layers catch up (ignoring the sides i'd be like maintaining a year and a bit) but also am waiting until the end of the month. I don't want to ruin my progress, next year will be the better time I think.

Thanks for the encouragement Bat, I think I will stick it out to the end. 3 months is so little in a hair's life really. And I wear my hair up almost all the time anyway.

Yeah I understand that sentiment. I trimmed in January but I'm nearing the end of my hair's tether. I really want a trim but I also sorta want to stick it out for 3 more months and see where it takes me. I think my ends would accrue too much damage though, and I'm starting to dislike it down because of the ends. I too am torn.

I've booked a consultation with a hairdresser at the end of the month, we'll see if I go through with booking a trim after.

Sounds like a great idea to have a consultation! Thanks for your thoughts. I have decided to power through and keep wearing it up. My ends aren't really damaged per se. I was looking at them and they really aren't bad. They just get thin and wispy if I go without trims for a while. I don't like how it looks aesthetically, but maybe on the very very rare days I wear my hair down I can do sponge curlers overnight to minimize the wispier ends.

For reference here is a length pic I took yesterday. You can see the hemline needs work (like evening up a bit as well) but I dont' think its too terrible.

https://i.imgur.com/FTvRelr.jpg?1

illicitlizard
September 3rd, 2021, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Bat, I think I will stick it out to the end. 3 months is so little in a hair's life really. And I wear my hair up almost all the time anyway.

Sounds like a great idea to have a consultation! Thanks for your thoughts. I have decided to power through and keep wearing it up. My ends aren't really damaged per se. I was looking at them and they really aren't bad. They just get thin and wispy if I go without trims for a while. I don't like how it looks aesthetically, but maybe on the very very rare days I wear my hair down I can do sponge curlers overnight to minimize the wispier ends.

For reference here is a length pic I took yesterday. You can see the hemline needs work (like evening up a bit as well) but I dont' think its too terrible.

https://i.imgur.com/FTvRelr.jpg?1
Oh your ends looks great still! If you're going to be wearing it up most of the time I understand waiting it out!
Overnight curls is such a smart way to combat the wispy ends, I ought to try that. Good luck with the rest of the year!

ReadingRenee
September 3rd, 2021, 10:12 PM
Thanks illicitlizard! Im going to try! Good luck to you too! :blossom:

Bat
September 4th, 2021, 06:50 PM
you can do it! lets do it together

Glitch
September 11th, 2021, 01:11 AM
The last time I was trimming my hair, I wasn't paying full attention (I know...!) and ended up with one side of my hair a bit shorter than the other. It wasn't really noticeable though. But now that I haven't been trimming at all, there is a big noticeable difference (maybe like an inch) in how it's all grown out and it's a bit funny :p I think I've really adjusted to this challenge because I still have no desire to trim so far! If anything, I want the shorter side to hurry up, rather than the longer side to stay in line :-)

And, I've passed the no-trimming-for-2-months mark! :happydance:

Bat
September 17th, 2021, 03:44 AM
I decided to keep my bangs I have a Halloween function and I want to keep my bangs for a trad goth outfit I'm thinking of wearing, bang maintainance continues

Kathie
September 17th, 2021, 04:36 AM
I decided to keep my bangs I have a Halloween function and I want to keep my bangs for a trad goth outfit I'm thinking of wearing, bang maintainance continues

Look at your silver sides coming in?! They look great! ... I've always wanted a silver streak.

Edit: I just saw on another thread its a bit of black die bleed over blond. Still looks great!

Bat
September 17th, 2021, 08:27 AM
Look at your silver sides coming in?! They look great! ... I've always wanted a silver streak.

Edit: I just saw on another thread its a bit of black die bleed over blond. Still looks great!
Yep lol I did have a bit of greys before I bleached it, now if only I could figure our how to make my own toner with a drop of black dye lots of conditioner and 5 vol developer and get that result

ReadingRenee
September 17th, 2021, 09:33 AM
you can do it! lets do it together

Thanks! Yes lets keep it up!

The last time I was trimming my hair, I wasn't paying full attention (I know...!) and ended up with one side of my hair a bit shorter than the other. It wasn't really noticeable though. But now that I haven't been trimming at all, there is a big noticeable difference (maybe like an inch) in how it's all grown out and it's a bit funny :p I think I've really adjusted to this challenge because I still have no desire to trim so far! If anything, I want the shorter side to hurry up, rather than the longer side to stay in line :-)

And, I've passed the no-trimming-for-2-months mark! :happydance:

Yay! Good for you! My hemline is really crooked from when I last cut it in July 2020 but I think the longer it gets the less weird it looks. I think my hair must not grow evenly.

Bat the silver sides look really cool!

I am still here! I have not trimmed! Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Ylva
September 17th, 2021, 12:40 PM
I'm here, but won't be for long. I will have my seasonal length shot taken basically whenever a suitable moment might come along, and then I will trim and maintain until the end of the year.

Bat
September 19th, 2021, 07:02 AM
I'm out I mutilated my hair lol, I still think I can fix it but alas I'm out of here, good luck everyone, I just don't think no trims is for me rvery 3 months seems to work best

illicitlizard
September 19th, 2021, 08:19 AM
Ah Bat, mutilated doesn't sound so great, good luck with the future 3 monthly trims!

I'm itching for my hair consult on Friday, I want the ends off! They're behaving now but they look so bad in the harsh Spring sunlight. So I think I will be out of this thread by the end of the month-_-
So like Ylva I'm still here, just not for long. Waiting for the opportune moment!

Bat
September 19th, 2021, 08:32 AM
The mid to bottom part of my upper layer feels like noodles my bangs too so had to cut it super
short, ( the bangs) I cut my bleach sides wrong took a big chunk out so I had to shave most of it back to the skin, I tried to trim my hemline but it's all jagged. I'm sure I can fix it I just have to get the top parts layered to get rid of most of the noodle hair and get a soft u hem and hopefully don't get shorter than shoulder. I'm still brushing cbl from the front

ReadingRenee
September 19th, 2021, 09:36 AM
I'm here, but won't be for long. I will have my seasonal length shot taken basically whenever a suitable moment might come along, and then I will trim and maintain until the end of the year.
Can't wait to see your seasonal length shot! Sounds like a good plan to trim and maintain, I plan to do something similar.

I'm out I mutilated my hair lol, I still think I can fix it but alas I'm out of here, good luck everyone, I just don't think no trims is for me rvery 3 months seems to work best

If I make it to the end of this challenge, I think I will also go to trims every 3 months as well.

Ah Bat, mutilated doesn't sound so great, good luck with the future 3 monthly trims!

I'm itching for my hair consult on Friday, I want the ends off! They're behaving now but they look so bad in the harsh Spring sunlight. So I think I will be out of this thread by the end of the month-_-
So like Ylva I'm still here, just not for long. Waiting for the opportune moment!

I hope the hair consult goes well! It is such a good feeling to get old ends off! I admire your self restraint in waiting for a professional to do it!

The mid to bottom part of my upper layer feels like noodles my bangs too so had to cut it super
short, ( the bangs) I cut my bleach sides wrong took a big chunk out so I had to shave most of it back to the skin, I tried to trim my hemline but it's all jagged. I'm sure I can fix it I just have to get the top parts layered to get rid of most of the noodle hair and get a soft u hem and hopefully don't get shorter than shoulder. I'm still brushing cbl from the front

I know the noodle feeling! Layering the top sounds like a good option to remove most of it. Glad you still have your front length!

Bat
September 19th, 2021, 07:46 PM
Most of my hair is from the back I have bangs and sides but of course they are super short at pixie stage, I'm going to maintain until the end of next year I think, I haven't fully decided

Kathie
September 19th, 2021, 11:05 PM

You came so far! Well done! 3 monthly trims sounds like a good idea... that doesn't sound too frequent to trim away all the growth. It's likely you will still have growth gains!

Bat
September 19th, 2021, 11:20 PM
You came so far! Well done! 3 monthly trims sounds like a good idea... that doesn't sound too frequent to trim away all the growth. It's likely you will still have growth gains!

Thank you! I hope so!

Jools69
September 20th, 2021, 01:01 AM
Well done for getting as far as you did. Growing out very short hair can be challenging with all the different lengths to cope with. 3 monthly trims are probably more suitable at this stage.

Bat
September 20th, 2021, 01:07 AM
Well done for getting as far as you did. Growing out very short hair can be challenging with all the different lengths to cope with. 3 monthly trims are probably more suitable at this stage.

I lasted 4 months which Is the longest I've gone without a trim.maybe I'll be ready to do a year no trims by 2025 xD

Jools69
September 20th, 2021, 01:17 AM
I lasted 4 months which Is the longest I've gone without a trim.maybe I'll be ready to do a year no trims by 2025 xD
4 months no trimming is a good ‘innings’. I withdrew from the 12 month challenge, as I couldn’t bear my ends anymore without a trim. I think waiting until you’re ready is a good thing. You never know, you may be able to join the challenge earlier than expected! :)

Bat
September 20th, 2021, 01:26 AM
4 months no trimming is a good ‘innings’. I withdrew from the 12 month challenge, as I couldn’t bear my ends anymore without a trim. I think waiting until you’re ready is a good thing. You never know, you may be able to join the challenge earlier than expected! :)

My intention was to do all next year but with the state my hairs in it would probably discentigrate

Aunt Rapunzel
September 20th, 2021, 12:28 PM

A couple of years ago I'd taken part in one of the one-year no-trim challenges, and I made it to the end, but I wasn't happy with my hair by the end of the challenge. I decided after that to just trim whenever my hair "tells" me that it needs it. I'm using a product right now called L'oreal No Haircut Cream, though, and that stuff is absolutely a delight in my hair! I haven't trimmed since early April of this year, and my hair isn't even close to needing a trim. I LOVE that stuff. So I might be able to happily take part in another 12-month challenge again, but either way, once my hair starts to look like it needs to be trimmed to look good to me again, I'd much rather just trim it than to be unhappy with how it looks to me.

Hedwig
September 21st, 2021, 01:38 AM
My last trim (actually it was a full on haircut) was at the end of March, so it’s been 6 months already! My ends are starting to feel a little rough but I think I'll make it until Christmas. I just want it to feel long again soo badly haha. Maybe I'll look into getting that No Haircut product.

Aunt Rapunzel
September 21st, 2021, 04:54 AM
My last trim (actually it was a full on haircut) was at the end of March, so it’s been 6 months already! My ends are starting to feel a little rough but I think I'll make it until Christmas. I just want it to feel long again soo badly haha. Maybe I'll look into getting that No Haircut product.

I highly recommend it. It's inexpensive, and it doesn't take a lot of it. I just use it on the ends (like the last several centimeters) not the full length. And my hair still feels super soft right to the ends even though my last trim was at the beginning of April.

sweetlyfallen
September 22nd, 2021, 09:28 PM
Soo its been 2-3 months since my last trim, and I'm starting to see some splits or breaks. ugh! its grown about half an inch in the last month woohoo!

aloewurly
September 26th, 2021, 10:45 AM
So far I'm doing very good! My routine is doing a good job at preventing damage, and I haven't felt the urge to trim or cut my hair. I might do a little trim on January 2022, but that's it.

Aunt Rapunzel
September 26th, 2021, 11:42 AM
It's almost October! I haven't trimmed since early April....and I'm still satisfied with my hemline. Woo! Just a few months left! I started this year at 21", and I'm at 27" now. Here's hoping for continued growth until the year's end!

Glitch
September 26th, 2021, 10:06 PM
Omg I've been so stressed with other things in my life rn that I haven't had time to even think about my hair, let alone get the urge to trim the hemline :p Which is a positive! Almost 3 solid months of no trims so far! Woot woot :happydance:

illicitlizard
September 26th, 2021, 11:57 PM
So far I'm doing very good! My routine is doing a good job at preventing damage, and I haven't felt the urge to trim or cut my hair. I might do a little trim on January 2022, but that's it.
Good stuff, hope you continue to have no trimming urges until the new year :)

It's almost October! I haven't trimmed since early April....and I'm still satisfied with my hemline. Woo! Just a few months left! I started this year at 21", and I'm at 27" now. Here's hoping for continued growth until the year's end!
Wow, 6" already in a year? That's such fast growth! Good luck for the next few months!

Omg I've been so stressed with other things in my life rn that I haven't had time to even think about my hair, let alone get the urge to trim the hemline :p Which is a positive! Almost 3 solid months of no trims so far! Woot woot :happydance:
Congratulations on staying away from the :scissors:! It's good to be able to just put your hair up and forget about it for a while, can help to avoid the thoughts of trimming and impatience generally :)

Glitch
September 28th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Congratulations on staying away from the :scissors:! It's good to be able to just put your hair up and forget about it for a while, can help to avoid the thoughts of trimming and impatience generally :)

Thank you!! :heartbeat

Obsidian
September 29th, 2021, 11:18 PM
I'm out. Just not enjoying growing out right now, took the clippers to my head and went super short again and it feels great.

Bat
September 29th, 2021, 11:54 PM
I'm out. Just not enjoying growing out right now, took the clippers to my head and went super short again and it feels great.

Yoy did better than me so congratulations!

Belgrade Beauty
September 30th, 2021, 01:45 PM
I think I belong here maybe :)

baanoo
October 1st, 2021, 05:54 AM
Hi everyone, I’m still here - in a few weeks it’ll be a year since my last trim. I think I can hold out til the end of year, which will bring me to 14 months+.

Kathie
October 1st, 2021, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone, I’m still here - in a few weeks it’ll be a year since my last trim. I think I can hold out til the end of year, which will bring me to 14 months+.

Congratulations! I'm hoping to make it to a year or so myself.

fallenxangel
October 1st, 2021, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but am I worried over nothing if I was to call up a salon and ask them to give me a dusting? I'm just so scared that they'll end up chopping off inches instead of literally doing what I asked them to. Happened to me and so many other people before that its giving me pause. Some of my ends are looking a bit dry and frazzled so that's why I'm wondering. I did have myself do a triple unicorn haircut 2-3 months ago and it worked fabulously, but I'm already seeing some split ends.

Bat
October 1st, 2021, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but am I worried over nothing if I was to call up a salon and ask them to give me a dusting? I'm just so scared that they'll end up chopping off inches instead of literally doing what I asked them to. Happened to me and so many other people before that its giving me pause. Some of my ends are looking a bit dry and frazzled so that's why I'm wondering. I did have myself do a triple unicorn haircut 2-3 months ago and it worked fabulously, but I'm already seeing some split ends.
I'd say if the unicorn cut works keep using that, you just might need sharper sheers

fallenxangel
October 2nd, 2021, 01:13 PM
I'd say if the unicorn cut works keep using that, you just might need sharper sheers

Thank you so much! I'm not sure why but I didn't get a notification for this. But yes I will continue with the unicorn method, thanks!

Aunt Rapunzel
October 2nd, 2021, 01:20 PM

That's great, baanoo! I'm at six months with no trim now. If I get the urge to have my hair trimmed, I just tell myself to wait until tomorrow. ;-)

baanoo
October 2nd, 2021, 02:44 PM
That's great, baanoo! I'm at six months with no trim now. If I get the urge to have my hair trimmed, I just tell myself to wait until tomorrow. ;-)

There you go! I don’t trim my hair myself on purpose - having to make an appointment and knowing it’s going to cost $$$ helps temper the urge. ;)

I saw you hair recently and :crush: oh my, such a glorious thick hem and lovely waves!

Bat
October 2nd, 2021, 05:21 PM
Thank you so much! I'm not sure why but I didn't get a notification for this. But yes I will continue with the unicorn method, thanks!

No problem good luck! I suggest getting Japanese steel scissors they are the best steel for scissors,

Aunt Rapunzel
October 3rd, 2021, 05:36 AM
There you go! I don’t trim my hair myself on purpose - having to make an appointment and knowing it’s going to cost $$$ helps temper the urge. ;)

I saw you hair recently and :crush: oh my, such a glorious thick hem and lovely waves!

Oh, thank you so much, baanoo! And very clever! It's definitely a deterrent. The salons tell me that they have to charge more to trim/cut my hair because it's "too thick". So yup, the price factors in for sure!

Stray_mind
October 7th, 2021, 03:06 AM
Still here and not planning any trims. My hair is brushing BSL.

Ylva
October 7th, 2021, 07:41 AM
Are your ends now totally virgin, Stray? Or did you have a tiny bit of dye left, still? I don't quite remember.

I still haven't gotten around to doing my trim. There's always been something in the way. So for now, I'm here. Really looking forward to the trim, though.

Stray_mind
October 7th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Are your ends now totally virgin, Stray? Or did you have a tiny bit of dye left, still? I don't quite remember.

I still haven't gotten around to doing my trim. There's always been something in the way. So for now, I'm here. Really looking forward to the trim, though.

I have cut off the dye completely.

Beckstar
October 9th, 2021, 07:51 AM
I buzzed in December last year... I haven’t cut or trimmed since then not even S&D. I might make it this time.

lapushka
October 12th, 2021, 03:08 PM
I buzzed in December last year... I haven’t cut or trimmed since then not even S&D. I might make it this time.

Hey that's cool! :)

Lesley8
October 14th, 2021, 03:21 PM
I'm still here and no trimming, I think it will be coming up for 3years now since I went to the hairdressers.

lapushka
October 14th, 2021, 04:07 PM
I'm still here and no trimming, I think it will be coming up for 3years now since I went to the hairdressers.

Wow that's amazing!

Glitch
October 15th, 2021, 09:29 PM

Incredible! I'm here at officially 3 months now and I'm already extremely amazed @myself - I can't imagine 3 years...!! Hats off :thud:

Lesley8
October 16th, 2021, 12:27 AM
Wow that's amazing!

Thank you :)

Lesley8
October 16th, 2021, 12:28 AM
Incredible! I'm here at officially 3 months now and I'm already extremely amazed @myself - I can't imagine 3 years...!! Hats off :thud:

Thank you :) it's the longest I've been without a trim.

Kathie
October 18th, 2021, 01:50 AM

That's very inspiring! Your hair looks lovely.

Ylva
October 18th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Finally had my trim so I'm bowing out now. Good luck to everyone continuing!

I went almost 10 months without trimming, and now I feel ready to say goodbye to some of those ends.

Jools69
October 19th, 2021, 03:03 AM
I’m almost tempted to bow out now, too. The look of my ends are annoying me presently and I’m considering whether swapping to frequent microtrims. Especially, now I’m starting to use some heat tools once a week to and wearing ponies to show off the length. I’m enjoying being at hip length; so I’m wondering whether to maintain to thicken my ends, before continuing to classic. But firstly, I’m giving the 2 week rule a go.

tekla
October 19th, 2021, 03:00 PM
I'm still hanging on to this challenge. This weekend it will be five months since last trim and I'm optimistic that I can make it till the end of the year. Ends don't feel or look that bad, and hopefully I'll be at BSL before January. I'm planning on having a trim early January and then join the first half of 2022 no trimming challenge.

FaeBroom
October 19th, 2021, 08:00 PM
Been pondering a trim after this challenge is over. When it is- I will have gone the full year without cutting my hair! I do want to get rid of some of my ends through, out with the old for the new year kind of deal. We'll see if I can cope with an inch sacrifice in 2.5ish months. I was batting around the idea of a trim earlier on in the thread I think, but I always manage to talk myself out of it and think about how if I hang on to every little bit, it's that much closer to goal #1 of WL.

Eastbound&Down
October 20th, 2021, 08:00 AM
Still going strong! I have a trim schedule started for next year, but I'm glad I gave myself a good headstart on growing it put with this challenge. It is starting to get into cold weather season here which means hat/toboggan time!

Glitch
October 21st, 2021, 09:51 PM
I'm shocked that my hair still looks great (yes, I know it's only been 3+ months of not trimming, but I'm used to trimming like all the time!) despite no cuts. Makes me really feel like if I keep this up on the regular even after this challenge, that I'll definitely have hair longer than I ever have, some time next year :)!!

JasminxCat
October 21st, 2021, 10:43 PM
I'm shocked that my hair still looks great (yes, I know it's only been 3+ months of not trimming, but I'm used to trimming like all the time!) despite no cuts. Makes me really feel like if I keep this up on the regular even after this challenge, that I'll definitely have hair longer than I ever have, some time next year :)!!

I used to trim all the time too so 3-4 months where I am right now is A LOT for me haha

Stray_mind
October 22nd, 2021, 12:18 AM
I am pretty happy with my hemline so far, so i am probably not gonna trim in the first half next year too. Seems like my layers have nearly grown out and there are no more weird gaps in my hemline, aside from ones caused by my clumping waves.

Glitch
October 25th, 2021, 12:39 AM
I used to trim all the time too so 3-4 months where I am right now is A LOT for me haha

Happy I'm not alone! :p:heartbeat Here's to at least a couple more months!

Hedwig
October 25th, 2021, 03:09 PM
I‘m now officially 7 months trim free :) But my hair is already disliking the dry winter air and I think it‘s only going to get worse over the months.

Eastbound&Down
October 25th, 2021, 03:27 PM
I‘m now officially 7 months trim free :) But my hair is already disliking the dry winter air and I think it‘s only going to get worse over the months.

We are charging into winter here, I'm worried about the same thing but I have my beanies ready to go!

Kathie
October 26th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Im glad I've done this challenge- going a few months without trims has given me the chance to work out my growth rate, which is 0.75 inches a month.

But, I have noticed a few splits, not a lot but some. So time to start incorporating SD into my routine.

sweetlyfallen
October 31st, 2021, 12:27 AM
going strong and it looks like I grew an inch and a half at my last check in. Not sure I posted that here! Its exciting seeing that I will most likely reach the goal I was hoping to hit by the end of the year. Plus I am not noticing a lot of damage orr splitting so I feel like I will be able to keep going with no scissors. Hope its going well for everyone else. I feel like I am close to being able to really start enjoiyng my length!

lapushka
November 1st, 2021, 07:06 AM
Isn't it like time for new threads? I am no longer doing this (since I am maintaining and no longer actively growing my hair).

Kathie
November 1st, 2021, 04:09 PM
Isn't it like time for new threads? I am no longer doing this (since I am maintaining and no longer actively growing my hair).

I was wondering when we would see the 2022 threads. Is anyone else keen to get these started? If not I can tentatively put my hand up.

Eastbound&Down
November 1st, 2021, 08:01 PM
The top layer of my hair is definitely going to need some TLC at the end of this challenge, but for the most part my hair looks and feels pretty good. I can’t believe it’s already November! 2021 has flown by!

Diana Prince
November 2nd, 2021, 01:49 AM
I was wondering when we would see the 2022 threads. Is anyone else keen to get these started? If not I can tentatively put my hand up.

You should go ahead and create one :). I really want to be part of next year's challenge.

Bat
November 2nd, 2021, 04:08 AM
I think @Ylva and someone else was going to do it. But not sure when

Ylva
November 2nd, 2021, 05:40 AM
I think @Ylva and someone else was going to do it. But not sure when

Yep, I've promised lapushka to keep the challenges running, but of course, anyone is allowed to make threads. :) I'll make them later when I have free time if no one else has.

Kathie
November 2nd, 2021, 06:17 AM
Yep, I've promised lapushka to keep the challenges running, but of course, anyone is allowed to make threads. :) I'll make them later when I have free time if no one else has.

That sounds good! I'll look forward to joining the no trimming 2022 thread :) Thanks for organising.

lapushka
November 2nd, 2021, 08:33 AM

I thought I had people wanting to do it, but... Hang on I'll see if that offer still stands! Let me contact them via PM first.

lapushka
November 2nd, 2021, 08:41 AM

Oh, just disregard my PM to you, Ylva. We got our wires crossed here. LOL. I'd be so thankful if they get continued, and I'd be super honored if you are willing. It's a bit of a chore. I feel like 1/ a fraud for still doing these since I am no longer actively growing 2/ so overwhelmed because it takes a bit of work getting the 1st posts situated and all as well.

Anyway. I'd be so happy if you could! :D
And thank you in advance. I will be so thankful if they live on in a way.

Jools69
November 2nd, 2021, 11:21 AM
Did a length check today: my longest strand has reached 34 inches! That’s just over halfway of my goal, since joining LHC 2 years ago. Another inch and I’ll be at BCL, which will probably be at the end of this challenge. :)

Bat
November 2nd, 2021, 04:45 PM
Oh, just disregard my PM to you, Ylva. We got our wires crossed here. LOL. I'd be so thankful if they get continued, and I'd be super honored if you are willing. It's a bit of a chore. I feel like 1/ a fraud for still doing these since I am no longer actively growing 2/ so overwhelmed because it takes a bit of work getting the 1st posts situated and all as well.

Anyway. I'd be so happy if you could! :D
And thank you in advance. I will be so thankful if they live on in a way.

We love these challenges ( even though I always fail them) so they will go on!

Ylva
November 2nd, 2021, 11:21 PM
Right, they're up now. :)

First half 2022 (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154621)
Second half 2022 (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154622)

Glitch
November 4th, 2021, 05:25 AM
Saw my first split end today, and it looked rather bad! I was sad and was about to snip it off, until the entire strand of hair slid out and I realized that I had actually just been looking at the the root of the strand, not a split :laugh:

I'm so happy with how this challenge has been going!! Makes me pay more cautious with my hair and all the undisturbed growth pays off big time :o

Kathie
November 4th, 2021, 03:24 PM
I've found a couple of splits since my last cut. I purchased some hair scissors ready to get in and SD. But after they arrived I've been unable to find a split!

I am feeling the pain of not having my hair styled/layered/shaped. I have a lot of hair so its starting to look like... well... a chunk of un-styled hair. I have hopes that at longer lengths patience will pay off.

Eastbound&Down
November 6th, 2021, 06:55 PM
I want to cut in some layers SO. BAD. I know how I want to do it, I have my beautiful, brand new hair scissors ready to go. The only thing stopping me is that I want to finish this challenge.

_Melly_
November 6th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Hang in there @Eastbound&Down

Eastbound&Down
November 6th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Hang in there @Eastbound&Down

It’s only 2 more months, I know I can hold off but man it’s tempting to just go for it.

Jo Ann
November 7th, 2021, 10:54 AM
I had Dear Youngest Son do a hemline check on my hair a couple of days ago. He says the right side is almost 1" longer than the left side :confused: The good news is that, by folding my hair over the top of my head when I don my Turbie Twist has gotten rid of my bird tail hemline :face:

When stretched, I just reach WL. Still have a ways to go until it looks WL, but baby steps, baby steps, baby steps... :cheese:

lapushka
November 7th, 2021, 12:46 PM
You guys *rock*! :happydance:

foreveryours
November 7th, 2021, 01:53 PM
I guess I should join this thread. I haven't "trimmed" my hair since February when I lost half an inch. It seemed like a good idea at the time :blueeek:

Hedwig
November 8th, 2021, 02:27 AM
I don’t really have splits yet, just some breakage here and there, but considering how long I‘ve gone now without a trim, it‘s actually looking pretty good. But I don’t think I‘ll join the 2022 challenge because I do want to get a trim in March (at the 1 yr mark) at the very latest.

baanoo
November 8th, 2021, 05:39 AM
I’m still here though this might be my last challenge for a while.