PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2021!

Pages : [1] 2

lapushka
October 8th, 2018, 05:59 AM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 5th 2021. No other trims are allowed during the calendar year for you to be part of this challenge. I extended the period for trimming the hair, but nothing past January 5th, please!

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

Past challenges:

No-trimming 2018!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143311

No-trimming 2019!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144014

No-trimming 2020!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146186

Future challenges, still to come!

If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 10th!

lapushka
October 8th, 2018, 06:05 AM
I hope there's no mistakes in the first message. :hmm:

OK, I thought I'd post it, because I am no-trimming my way to knee-length and am on a roll here. :lol: So better look ahead and see how many of these challenges I'll have to live through. 2021 is far enough right now, so don't expect a 2022 thread just yet. I'll wait a year to post that one.

ravenskey
October 8th, 2018, 09:12 AM
I'm in for this!

Hopefully, by the time 2021 rolls around, I'll be somewhere in the thigh region.

leayellena
October 9th, 2018, 01:35 AM
count me in. 3 years of no trim. my hair will reach mid-tigh or maybe even almost knee. and the taper will grow for sure. no need to keep the length when my dream is to just grow my hair long haha :D

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 04:31 AM
Welcome you guys. :happydance:

I am so glad you all didn't think I was crazy for starting this already.

I am for sure in and up for this! I think I might be almost knee after this year.

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 12:46 PM
You can count me in! 5 years of no-trimming! Now I know with no trims I will reach my goal of ankle length. :)

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 01:19 PM
You can count me in! 5 years of no-trimming! Now I know with no trims I will reach my goal of ankle length. :)

A little dedication is all it takes. :)

AshtangiPNW
October 9th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I'm also joining this one! :D

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Welcome! :)

hannabiss
October 9th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Count me in. My hair actually seems to be growing slower this time compared to the first time I shaved my head. So I see no reason to trim for quite sometime. :(

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Welcome hannabiss.

Slower growth? Maybe it's just a stall of some kind? Things might be looking up for you within considerable time. I hope so!

I am so glad there's more of you guys out there that have long-term goals like I do. I am *so* determined to get to knee right now; you have no idea. I am so glad to be on this journey with you all.

Dark40
October 9th, 2018, 07:27 PM
A little dedication is all it takes. :)

Yes, that is so very true. :) Hopefully but the time 2021 rolls around here I'll be at classic or thigh length.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
October 21st, 2018, 07:55 AM
I woke up this morning and told myself yes I am up for the challenge. I thought 2020 would be my last. Count me in. 2021 would make it 5 1/2 years of no trimming. I'm hoping to be atleast FTL by then.

lapushka
October 21st, 2018, 11:34 AM
I woke up this morning and told myself yes I am up for the challenge. I thought 2020 would be my last. Count me in. 2021 would make it 5 1/2 years of no trimming. I'm hoping to be atleast FTL by then.

FTL is such a nice length. I never thought I would get past classic. But... there you go. I'm glad you're committed to joining these challenges. Makes me feel that I'm not the only one with far-away goals. After all 2021 is still a while off! :)

The-Young-Maid
November 8th, 2019, 01:10 PM
I'm just going to casually dip my toe in here. I'm signed up for '19 and '20 and this might be fun as well. But my hair is fast approaching uncharted territory so I'm not sure how much length I'd be able to deal with/how decent my ends look. But you don't know until you try right?

So I'm not signing up for this yet. I may only do a half year challenge and then start maintaining. We'll see.

Natalina
November 8th, 2019, 04:01 PM
I'm going to join too. Since I don't ever plan on trimming (I don't need it and plus I'm lazy :p). I miss my Tailbone hair, probably won't get there until like 2022 though, haha.

leafygreens18
December 31st, 2019, 03:14 PM
I'm hopping in here! Let's hope I'll be getting into seriously long hair territory by 2021!

lapushka
January 1st, 2020, 07:27 AM
It's great to have long-term plans, for hair... it is so important. :D

I hopped on in different years when I "thought" I could still grow to knee and that was awesome because it got me from hip to FTL; FTL was as far as I got, and my ends were thinning out at that point, *and* the length was too uncomfortable. So I am maintaining my "goal" of classic since March this year. :D

georgia_peach
January 1st, 2020, 08:32 AM
Scissors have not touched my hair since July 2019, and I'm committed to continue on with no trims for the next two years. Fortunately, my hair does not split or frizz easily so I'm sure I can maintain the health of my hair without any trims at all. I know some people can S&D or trim their bangs and still keep up with this challenge. I'm not as disciplined. Once I get the scissors out, a S&D or layers or bangs will turn into a pixie!! I finally realized that that is just how I'm made. :shrug: So no scissors at all for me!! Thank you for these challenges, lapushka. For me it's the only way to grow my hair.

lapushka
January 1st, 2020, 08:34 AM
Scissors have not touched my hair since July 2019, and I'm committed to continue on with no trims for the next two years. Fortunately, my hair does not split or frizz easily so I'm sure I can maintain the health of my hair without any trims at all. I know some people can S&D or trim their bangs and still keep up with this challenge. I'm not as disciplined. Once I get the scissors out, a S&D or layers or bangs will turn into a pixie!! I finally realized that that is just how I'm made. :shrug: So no scissors at all for me!! Thank you for these challenges, lapushka. For me it's the only way to grow my hair.

That's how I grow and grew mine out too, and should I ever cut back, it's what I will do *again*. But I'm fine at classic right now.

You are so welcome!

CalystaStarr
January 1st, 2020, 08:36 AM
Ooh my hair will probably be mbl by 2021.
By the end of that year I'll reach waist.
Even though its a year away, I can't wait to see how long my hair will reach by then.

Bat
June 19th, 2020, 11:25 AM
I was going to just join first half 2021 but I'm locking in my place here

chachagrace
June 19th, 2020, 12:47 PM
Count me in! My hair will be all one length by this time, at chin. I'm excited to see how much it will grow from there.

SimplyRin
August 3rd, 2020, 05:57 AM
I'm in! I just finished trimming of some serious damage, so I think I'm in a good place to give this a go! :)

Jools69
August 3rd, 2020, 08:35 AM
When my participation in the 6 month no trimming challenge finishes in December, I’m aiming to join this challenge, too. Presently, I haven’t trimmed my hair since March this year, so it will be 9 months I’ve had no trims this year - the longest since I’ve been an adult and hoping to be WL by then. So, I should make 12 months and hopefully, TBL? :D

When’s the latest you can trim in January? Is it the 5th or 10th?

Bat
August 3rd, 2020, 08:42 AM
When my participation in the 6 month no trimming challenge finishes in December, I’m aiming to join this challenge, too. Presently, I haven’t trimmed my hair since March this year, so it will be 9 months I’ve had no trims this year - the longest since I’ve been an adult and hoping to be WL by then. So, I should make 12 months and hopefully, TBL? :D

When’s the latest you can trim in January? Is it the 5th or 10th?

I think it will be the 5th. the 10th was cause of the pandemic I swear you are at waist already, especially from your sig picture, waist isn't as long as you'd think

Jools69
August 3rd, 2020, 08:53 AM
I think it will be the 5th. the 10th was cause of the pandemic

Ok, thanks Bat. :cool: I was a little confused with the dates in the first post. :oops:

Oh, I’m not quite at waist yet - perhaps in the area of ‘approaching waist’. I think the picture in my signature is a little misleading, as I go by the waistband of my skirt in the picture. I’ll update with a more accurate picture, when I take another length picture. ;)

sipnsun
August 3rd, 2020, 11:29 AM
Count me in also, I will have to do a small trim when the current challenge ends and before this one begins. Waist was originally my goal but as I'm nearing it I keep thinking "why not keep going!"

Ylva
August 3rd, 2020, 01:01 PM
Oh, I’m not quite at waist yet - perhaps in the area of ‘approaching waist’. I think the picture in my signature is a little misleading, as I go by the waistband of my skirt in the picture. I’ll update with a more accurate picture, when I take another length picture. ;)

"Waist" in clothing is not the same as the anatomical waist. Clothing waist is more like hip, while the anatomical waist is the thinnest part of the torso (usually close to the lowest ribs I think).

lapushka
August 3rd, 2020, 01:33 PM
I think it will be the 5th. the 10th was cause of the pandemic I swear you are at waist already, especially from your sig picture, waist isn't as long as you'd think

No it's still the 10th, look at the first post. I extended it 2 years. I don't think this "thing" will be over by 2021.

Jools69
August 3rd, 2020, 02:14 PM
"Waist" in clothing is not the same as the anatomical waist. Clothing waist is more like hip, while the anatomical waist is the thinnest part of the torso (usually close to the lowest ribs I think).

Oh, I never thought of it like that before. I always assumed waist was where the navel is? At the moment, my thinnest part of my torso is at BSL - I have a little lockdown belly going on. :eek:

Edit: Wikipedia says waist is midway between the lowest rib and the top of the iliac crest of the hip, about an inch above the navel. It also depends on where the body creases, when the body bends. I think an updated measurement is due! ;)

Jools69
August 3rd, 2020, 02:29 PM
No it's still the 10th, look at the first post. I extended it 2 years. I don't think this "thing" will be over by 2021.

Thanks for the clarification Lapushka.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2020, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the clarification Lapushka.

You're welcome! :thumbsup:

Kathie
August 3rd, 2020, 03:41 PM
I really like this idea of this... but I'm so flighty! I've tried to participate in shorter no trim challenges but didn't last long at all.

But- 2021 is a new year, so put me down as a tentative yes. My chin length cut is slightly inverted, I'll get that evened up before Jan 2010.

KokoroDragon
August 3rd, 2020, 05:16 PM
I'll join this! I wasn't planning on trimming in 2021 anyway, since I usually go a few years between trims.

One thing I will say is that since joining the No Trim 2020 Second Half Only challenge, I've been more tempted by scissors that I was before! I guess because I'm in the challenge, trimming is on my mind more?

Kathie
August 3rd, 2020, 05:31 PM
I'll join this! I wasn't planning on trimming in 2021 anyway, since I usually go a few years between trims.

One thing I will say is that since joining the No Trim 2020 Second Half Only challenge, I've been more tempted by scissors that I was before! I guess because I'm in the challenge, trimming is on my mind more?

:D Its kinda like someone saying "don't look" and of course you look. Well, I do anyways.

meepster
August 3rd, 2020, 08:20 PM
I’m in. The end of 2021 should put me at APL or so. I definitely don’t want to slow down my progress before that.

Bat
August 3rd, 2020, 08:37 PM
thank you for the correction!

Bat
August 3rd, 2020, 08:42 PM
I really like this idea of this... but I'm so flighty! I've tried to participate in shorter no trim challenges but didn't last long at all.

But- 2021 is a new year, so put me down as a tentative yes. My chin length cut is slightly inverted, I'll get that evened up before Jan 2010.

you can always do the no trims club where you can make your own goal challenge but join me! I joined 6 months 2020 and i'll join 1 year 20201 to see how my hair copes with both, so then I can figure out when I need trims

CuteCrow
August 3rd, 2020, 08:54 PM
I think I'll join this challenge too. I tried the 2020 one but failed in march. Maybe I'll do a teeny tiny trim in January to keep myself away from the scissors for the rest of the year. I'm actually used to not trimming my hair for years. Why does it seem like when I try to make it intentionally is when I suddenly feel urges to trim it? :slap:

SwanFeathers
August 3rd, 2020, 09:01 PM
I'm in, joining the 2020 challenge has really helped me ignore my hair unless it needs something, and avoid over manipulation and anxiety trims.

Bat
August 3rd, 2020, 09:01 PM
I think I'll join this challenge too. I tried the 2020 one but failed in march. Maybe I'll do a teeny tiny trim in January to keep myself away from the scissors for the rest of the year. I'm actually used to not trimming my hair for years. Why does it seem like when I try to make it intentionally is when I suddenly feel urges to trim it? :slap:

it could be before it is constantly on your mind and what ifs happen

TwilightMermaid
August 3rd, 2020, 09:39 PM
I'm joining this. If all goes as plan and I'm able to resist the New Years hair-cut itch, I'll be at a little bit longer than BSL curly at the end of the 2021. My hair wet will be either MBL or WL because those are very close together on me.

Kathie
August 3rd, 2020, 09:51 PM
you can always do the no trims club where you can make your own goal challenge but join me! I joined 6 months 2020 and i'll join 1 year 20201 to see how my hair copes with both, so then I can figure out when I need trims

That's a good idea... tentative mini goals along the way!

I'm booked in for a trim in October. By then I will be able to get rid of my inverted shape, then I think I'll be ready to grow.

Bat
August 4th, 2020, 12:02 AM
That's a good idea... tentative mini goals along the way!

I'm booked in for a trim in October. By then I will be able to get rid of my inverted shape, then I think I'll be ready to grow.

I feel when hair gets to shoulder, growing from there seems easier especially since you can cut it all one length and let it grow,

0xalis
August 5th, 2020, 11:18 PM
I'll absolutely be joining this one :D I failed no-trim 2020 but I have no regrets, it was so freeing to get rid of the rest of my layers. My hair is way cuter now anyway!
It should be really easy for me to stay trim-free now that my hemline is nice and blunt and my hair one length. I don't plan on trimming at all until 2022, and then only if actually necessary.

Kathie
August 6th, 2020, 12:21 AM
I've moved towards an absolute yes. I've been thinking about it and its something I've never done. So why not add a new experience to the list! It could be the best thing I've ever done for my hair. At the very least in the future I could say "once I didn't trim my hair for an entire year".

lapushka
August 6th, 2020, 06:07 AM
thank you for the correction!

No problem, Bat! :D :thumbsup:
You have a little more time!!! (should you want to trim between years)

Bat
August 6th, 2020, 06:14 AM
I've moved towards an absolute yes. I've been thinking about it and its something I've never done. So why not add a new experience to the list! It could be the best thing I've ever done for my hair. At the very least in the future I could say "once I didn't trim my hair for an entire year".
I've never gone a whole year either do next year will be a good time to try

No problem, Bat! :D :thumbsup:
You have a little more time!!! (should you want to trim between years)

Yep I'll be trimming between challenges after this year I'll trim hopefully before Jan 5th 2021 and that will be it until 2022 if it handles a year ok I'll probably trim once a year.

lapushka
August 6th, 2020, 08:00 AM
Yep I'll be trimming between challenges after this year I'll trim hopefully before Jan 5th 2021 and that will be it until 2022 if it handles a year ok I'll probably trim once a year.

That's how I got my hair long and how these "darn things" (challenges) started in the first place; though I may have gotten the idea somewhere. :hmm:

apollosdrawer
August 6th, 2020, 08:26 AM
I'll join this time. I didn't really trim this year so far, but I know I'll want an inch trim soon, as my layers and hemline look crazy. Cute when it was short, but now that my longest piece on the back is a bit past collarbone and everything in front isn't even shoulder length...no negativity! Just excited to get everything evened up gradually over time!

Wildhorserider
August 6th, 2020, 02:53 PM
Count me in! I think I might just S&D forever :lol:

florenonite
August 6th, 2020, 03:20 PM
Oh, I never thought of it like that before. I always assumed waist was where the navel is? At the moment, my thinnest part of my torso is at BSL - I have a little lockdown belly going on. :eek:

Edit: Wikipedia says waist is midway between the lowest rib and the top of the iliac crest of the hip, about an inch above the navel. It also depends on where the body creases, when the body bends. I think an updated measurement is due! ;)

The narrowest part of my torso is BSL, but I can still find my waist quite easily with my hands. It's the crevice they get stuck in if I gently grasp my torso at the rib cage and move my hands down my sides :lol:

Jools69
August 7th, 2020, 02:15 AM
The narrowest part of my torso is BSL, but I can still find my waist quite easily with my hands. It's the crevice they get stuck in if I gently grasp my torso at the rib cage and move my hands down my sides :lol:

Love your ingenuity on finding your natural waist. :D

I’ve taken an updated picture now, so I think I’ve found it by doing a similar technique by holding it in between my thumb and forefinger.:cheer:

https://i.imgur.com/xf5IXku.jpg

florenonite
August 7th, 2020, 07:41 AM

Love your ingenuity on finding your natural waist. :D

I’ve taken an updated picture now, so I think I’ve found it by doing a similar technique by holding it in between my thumb and forefinger.:cheer:
<snip>

I can't take credit for it; I learnt it on LHC from a seamstress :)

Your hand definitely looks more like it's at your natural waist compared to the skirt waistband, though. As a bonus, now you're closer to waist :p

Jools69
August 7th, 2020, 01:00 PM
I can't take credit for it; I learnt it on LHC from a seamstress :)

Your hand definitely looks more like it's at your natural waist compared to the skirt waistband, though. As a bonus, now you're closer to waist :p

Thank you florenonite. Growing my hair out has indeed been a learning curve. :)

Jools69
August 7th, 2020, 01:01 PM
Double post!

mariakatija
August 19th, 2020, 02:23 PM
I am joining this challenge! My hemline is thick and after S&Ding on occasion, there is no need for any trims. Let's get that length!

CuteCrow
August 19th, 2020, 07:42 PM

I think this is how I've read here before how to find your waist. Bend to the sides, and where the body naturally bends is your waist.

Just read this and found it funny the wikipedia descrition for waist. I guess my ribs go quite low, an inch above the navel is about where my waist is, but the midway between my lowest rib and my hips is like an inch below my navel :lol:

Jools69
August 20th, 2020, 12:36 AM
I think this is how I've read here before how to find your waist. Bend to the sides, and where the body naturally bends is your waist.

Just read this and found it funny the wikipedia descrition for waist. I guess my ribs go quite low, an inch above the navel is about where my waist is, but the midway between my lowest rib and my hips is like an inch below my navel :lol:

Oops...I’ve been bending forwards, :oops: but sideways does make sense. :lol: The reason why I always thought my natural waist was at my navel was when I got my navel pierced. I had to have a slightly different piercing (same placement, but the jewellery upside down), due to my navel collapsing when I bend. :rolleyes:

Yep, good old Wikipedia that doesn’t account for any irregularities. I have a short waist (after my mother), so the space between my lowest rib and my hips is a matter of inches - good for reaching waist quicker. :) My younger sister on the other hand, has a longer waist (after my father) and would take longer to reach, if she was growing her hair.

jas.mina
August 20th, 2020, 03:15 AM
Count me in :D I used to trim my hair very often as they are prone to damage, but I really don't want to loose length anymore. I am going to do last trim in Dcemeber and hold myself back from scissors in 2021.

Bat
August 20th, 2020, 06:29 AM
Count me in :D I used to trim my hair very often as they are prone to damage, but I really don't want to loose length anymore. I am going to do last trim in Dcemeber and hold myself back from scissors in 2021.

Welcome to the club!

lapushka
August 20th, 2020, 09:39 AM
I am joining this challenge! My hemline is thick and after S&Ding on occasion, there is no need for any trims. Let's get that length!

That's the spirit! :)

Welcome to the challenge!

Bat, in the first post I talk about the thread "no trimming club", which is a reference thread for people who don't want to stick to a full regular calendar year and do their own stretch of time. Could be confusing if you use that term. Just a fleeting thought I had. ;) After all, you say what you want to say. :D

Bat
August 21st, 2020, 05:17 PM
That's the spirit! :)

Welcome to the challenge!

Bat, in the first post I talk about the thread "no trimming club", which is a reference thread for people who don't want to stick to a full regular calendar year and do their own stretch of time. Could be confusing if you use that term. Just a fleeting thought I had. ;) After all, you say what you want to say. :D

Oh I know, it was a figure of speech xD

jas.mina
August 22nd, 2020, 08:55 AM
Count me in I'm planning to trim my hair in December and then stop trimming until December 2021 or January 2022. I'll see what my hair condition gonna be like.

Bri-Chan
August 22nd, 2020, 10:10 AM
I'm considering this. 2 months after my last trim, my ends looks like fresh trimmed. Including the little trim I plane to do in early January, I should reach a solid TBL by the end of 2021. So the plan should be a trim of everything after TBL to do a more consistent cut.

lapushka
August 22nd, 2020, 10:11 AM
Oh I know, it was a figure of speech xD

Gotcha; like I said before, you say what you wanna say, but I wouldn't want it to be confusing or anything for anyone, which is why I thought I would mention it. :)

baanoo
August 22nd, 2020, 10:32 AM
As someone naturally pre-disposed to not getting trims... I'm in! Bring on the challenge. :)

My last trim was March 1; I had about 3.5" taken off. My cleaning lady, who hadn't seen me since February, told me a few weeks ago it's "almost as long as it was when I last saw you" (enter tears from me since I hadn't realized it was so long when I had it cut...).

Since gaining confidence with s&d, I definitely think yearly trims are the way to go! I got entirely too many layers in summer 2019 so it's going to be quite a while til my hemline thickens up properly. Maybe that's why it doesn't feel as long as it is?

Strands
August 22nd, 2020, 11:44 AM
Oh I am SO IN for this. My next trim will be on my birthday in November, hopefully JUST an inch needed, and then a good S&D. After that, a year of no trims would be EXCELLENT. I only trim once a year anyway lol so this should suit my needs JUST fine. :cool:

mariakatija
August 23rd, 2020, 12:04 PM
Welcome new people! :grouphug:

We're almost at month 3!

lapushka
August 27th, 2020, 04:36 PM

We're almost at month 3!

I don't think so, this one is for next year. ;)

Simsy
August 27th, 2020, 07:46 PM

We're almost at month 3!

I feel this exchange so hard right now...

Simsy
August 27th, 2020, 07:49 PM
I might as well sigh up for this; I’m going to end up doing it anyway.

constancev18
August 28th, 2020, 12:34 AM
I'm signing in and up. I haven't trimmed in years but I have cut out knots. My goal is to never do that again and to slowly work out the knot even in the next hair care regime (I'm trying to give up the idea that all tangles must be detangled by the end of every hair session.
So no cutting even to even the hairline. I will trim once I reach my goal Full TBL. :)

mariakatija
August 28th, 2020, 08:34 AM

WHOOPS lol Silly me thought this one was the second half of 2020 no trimming challenge. :silly:

BexLocks
August 28th, 2020, 08:39 AM
I'm ready for this challenge. I think the last trim/cut I had was August 2019, and I'm not planning another one any time soon. Just regular S&D because I'm prone to splits. By December 2021 I might actually reach TBL!

lapushka
August 28th, 2020, 09:51 AM
WHOOPS lol Silly me thought this one was the second half of 2020 no trimming challenge. :silly:

Hahaha! LOL. Reading can make such a difference. :p ;) I'm just joking with you; the times I misread things. OMG!

ArtOfNoot
September 2nd, 2020, 12:00 AM
I am currently doing the no trim 2020 challenge and am LOVING my results. I really wanna see how long my streak can go, but I want to know if anyone has been able to sustain healthy hair on S&D alone for 2 years.

Bat
September 2nd, 2020, 01:42 AM
i'm doing some hair soul searching I may or may not join, strongly considering yes however

mariakatija
September 2nd, 2020, 05:13 PM
I am currently doing the no trim 2020 challenge and am LOVING my results. I really wanna see how long my streak can go, but I want to know if anyone has been able to sustain healthy hair on S&D alone for 2 years.

I've gone 2-3 years several times without a haircut and my hair was fine! Hair doesn't really NEED trims unless you are losing more growth than you are gaining. I found it was better to not over-S&D or the ends can thin out too much but not in a fairytale ends look. I got a little too scissor happy so now I would only cut the hairs that were actually split or in a fairy knot. (I would not cut hair that is a weird texture for example).

Kathie
September 6th, 2020, 04:50 AM
I've gone 2-3 years several times without a haircut and my hair was fine! Hair doesn't really NEED trims unless you are losing more growth than you are gaining. I found it was better to not over-S&D or the ends can thin out too much but not in a fairytale ends look. I got a little too scissor happy so now I would only cut the hairs that were actually split or in a fairy knot. (I would not cut hair that is a weird texture for example).

I'm excited to see how mine behaves with no trims :bounce: I wont be able to SD for a while, so Im safe on that front.

gillybeanxo3921
September 8th, 2020, 06:48 AM
I have decided to join this thread. I'm a former long hair who shaved their hair in 2018. I have seriously held back my hair growth by cutting it many times while trying to grow it back to a bob. Just recently I convinced myself it "needed" a latest trim, and this is the one I regret the most. It's time for me to let it grow! My hair is an ear length bob now :'(

BexLocks
September 8th, 2020, 06:52 AM
I have decided to join this thread. I'm a former long hair who shaved their hair in 2018. I have seriously held back my hair growth by cutting it many times while trying to grow it back to a bob. Just recently I convinced myself it "needed" a latest trim, and this is the one I regret the most. It's time for me to let it grow! My hair is an ear length bob now :'(

Welcome to the thread! I hope you will find encouragement here.

lapushka
September 8th, 2020, 07:15 AM

Good luck! Yeah, sometimes it's that odd feeling of needing a trim, but if you pick it apart, it's not going to help it get any longer soon, no it will set you back even more. It's hard to keep that in mind sometimes!

Happy growing!

gillybeanxo3921
September 8th, 2020, 09:05 AM

It is nice to live in a time with so many pictures, so I can look back and see clearly that yes, I had a mullet that needed to be trimmed out. It was definitely necessary! In the same breath, I can see that my hair will actually grow out quickly. Maintaining my hemline around ear length for the last year was difficult, and created the illusion that my hair does not grow.

This is January 31 2020 https://ibb.co/1vybSnQ

March 18 2020 https://ibb.co/z4b5TrW

May 27 2020 https://ibb.co/2djpfbz

and then haircut in June (picture taken June 15 2020) https://ibb.co/1X2pCDw

and then I was reaaaally starting to like it again lately, but I cut off the bottom of the mullet while I was feeling anxious and upset the other day. I've been feeling very insecure about my hair since I am a dancer, and my boss HATES that I have been going through all these awkward styles for the past year. I'm hoping that it starts to really settle and look less awkward, maybe before september is out.

This is right before the haircut https://ibb.co/5RzWrPP

and right after https://ibb.co/BrXDSy0

It doesn't look so bad, but since I have to pole dance upside down, it gets quite messed up. I really overestimated how much I could take off without making it poofy again... but, it is very clearly a whole different shape now, compared to the mullets of this past year. I know I will love it by Halloween

Philodendron
September 8th, 2020, 09:14 AM
I'm in! At first I was worried about S&Ds, but we're good. I'm excited!

Bat
September 12th, 2020, 04:14 AM
I was gonna maintain next year to get rid of layers but I'm going to stick to my initial plan of 6 months 2020 trim a bit then join this. sticking to my plans Instead of changing every 5 minutes will be my main challenge, I'm determined though! I got this

lapushka
September 12th, 2020, 02:18 PM
It is nice to live in a time with so many pictures, so I can look back and see clearly that yes, I had a mullet that needed to be trimmed out. It was definitely necessary! In the same breath, I can see that my hair will actually grow out quickly. Maintaining my hemline around ear length for the last year was difficult, and created the illusion that my hair does not grow.

This is January 31 2020 https://ibb.co/1vybSnQ

March 18 2020 https://ibb.co/z4b5TrW

May 27 2020 https://ibb.co/2djpfbz

and then haircut in June (picture taken June 15 2020) https://ibb.co/1X2pCDw

and then I was reaaaally starting to like it again lately, but I cut off the bottom of the mullet while I was feeling anxious and upset the other day. I've been feeling very insecure about my hair since I am a dancer, and my boss HATES that I have been going through all these awkward styles for the past year. I'm hoping that it starts to really settle and look less awkward, maybe before september is out.

This is right before the haircut https://ibb.co/5RzWrPP

and right after https://ibb.co/BrXDSy0

It doesn't look so bad, but since I have to pole dance upside down, it gets quite messed up. I really overestimated how much I could take off without making it poofy again... but, it is very clearly a whole different shape now, compared to the mullets of this past year. I know I will love it by Halloween

Sorry but I can't see the pictures.

BexLocks
September 12th, 2020, 06:03 PM
I was gonna maintain next year to get rid of layers but I'm going to stick to my initial plan of 6 months 2020 trim a bit then join this. sticking to my plans Instead of changing every 5 minutes will be my main challenge, I'm determined though! I got this

You've totally got this Bat!

Bat
September 12th, 2020, 06:04 PM
You've totally got this Bat!

Thanks ! I hope so

baanoo
September 13th, 2020, 08:26 AM
Sorry but I can't see the pictures. me either!

Bacs
September 13th, 2020, 11:31 AM
I’m going to join in on this challenge. I don’t trim more than maybe once a year anyway, but it’s always tempting when I’m cutting my husband’s or my kids’ hair. I cut off a few inches a month or so ago because the ends were remaining damaged ends from a few years ago. Since there’s no more of those, going 2021 without trimming shouldn’t be toooooo difficult. Hopefully.

Dina2001
September 14th, 2020, 03:25 PM
I'm down for it! I wasn't going to trim my hair in 2021 anyway because I'm kind of experimenting with different products and DIYs so I wanna keep track of how are they affecting and are they going to affect my hair lenght so I can see what works best for me. This year will be our year let's goooooo :joy: :cheer:

BorealBacchante
September 16th, 2020, 04:08 PM
I JUST trimmed my hair...for the last time until at least Jan 2022. :cool:

I'm excited to see what it does in a year (plus a few months). I'm in!
We will see if my bangs survive the ordeal if I let them grow as well...

ZoeZ
September 16th, 2020, 05:08 PM
Well gonna try this! I will trim at the end of the year, just a dusting. Hope I make it! Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

Bat
September 16th, 2020, 05:32 PM
it is so great to see all these new faces joining, good luck

H.e.L
September 28th, 2020, 01:38 PM
This will be my third attempt at growing my hair out to my childhood dream of knee length. I’ve never gotten even close.
I used to be a rough brusher (anxiety issues) so I thinned it out artificially quite a bit there. Still managed to grow to tailbone, but my ends were very thin, so I chopped.
Then I tried again, but persistent health issues made my shedding accelerate to 300+ (minimum) hairs per day for several years.
Ends still were bad, lost over an inch of ponytail density. Less than ten hairs ever made it to waist. (Chopped again.)
Now I’m much more gentle with my hair (finger detangling/Hairsense combs only) and I’ve solved my health issues to the point where I only ever lose about 30-50 hairs per day and regained all my ponytail density. Woot!
It’s always in an updo, I wash only once a week with soapwort or a CV bar, and I keep it lightly oiled from the ears down. My hair is totally virgin.
So I figure, third time’s a charm!
I plan to leave it entirely alone except for quarterly S+D until January after next (2022) to see if my ends do better this time.
It’s kinda “pre-fairytaled” since my hair has had a year to start growing back in. Most of it is JUUUST long enough to ponytail.
(My braid taper is nuts. lol)
But I’m sick of losing time to trims just to try and make it even.
My ends are literally ALWAYS in updos anyway, so they don’t bother me.
ANYWAY, very long story short, (hahaha) I’ll be here until at least January 2022. (Should be ~WL by then.)
Pleased to meet y’all. *curtesy*

(**Posted this in the general “no trimming” thread, but that one doesn’t seem to be super lively, so I figured I should join here as well. :) **)

Amy-Lee
September 28th, 2020, 02:10 PM
I'm in!!! I just trimmed 1.5 inches and did a S&D like crazy because of breakage. Still breaking. :wail: I'll just leave it alone.

Bat
September 29th, 2020, 04:44 AM
I'm in!!! I just trimmed 1.5 inches and did a S&D like crazy because of breakage. Still breaking. :wail: I'll just leave it alone.

You have until the 10th of January to trim if you need to get them to a stage where you think they will last a year

Amy-Lee
October 1st, 2020, 02:33 AM
You have until the 10th of January to trim if you need to get them to a stage where you think they will last a year

I think I fixed the breakage issue. :joy: I thought it would be a never ending battle. I made sure to trim the dry ends 2 weeks ago. Now, it's time to grow! :p:o

Bat
October 1st, 2020, 02:43 AM
I think I fixed the breakage issue. :joy: I thought it would be a never ending battle. I made sure to trim the dry ends 2 weeks ago. Now, it's time to grow! :p:o

Yay! Happy growing

The-Young-Maid
October 31st, 2020, 01:20 PM
It's a bit early but I'm signing up for 2021 as well. This year got me through an awkward length and I'm actually pretty confident I can go another year. I'm currently fingertip length and by the end of 2021 I should be knee.

BexLocks
November 1st, 2020, 10:29 AM
I might be out before we've even started. I'm not happy with how my ends have been looking lately, and I'm beginning to think that more regular trims might make me happier with my hemline. I just did a microtrim today (first in about a year) that seemed to make a difference, so I might go down that route for a while. Good luck to all of you on the challenge! I'll be rooting for you!

Bat
November 1st, 2020, 05:06 PM
My hair is currently at a good stage to join this next year, will hopefully be past CBL and nearing APL by the end of this challenge.

Madeline C.
November 3rd, 2020, 08:59 AM
I think I'm in!
I haven't trimmed my hair since May of this year and I finally hit WL curly! My ultimate goal is classic so maybe a year of just dedicated growing will get me there more quickly. I might do a micro trim before the challenge officially begins, but I'm hoping to stay strong and not cut my hair until I hit my goal.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 10:32 AM
I think I'm in!
I haven't trimmed my hair since May of this year and I finally hit WL curly! My ultimate goal is classic so maybe a year of just dedicated growing will get me there more quickly. I might do a micro trim before the challenge officially begins, but I'm hoping to stay strong and not cut my hair until I hit my goal.

If it's been trimmed in May this year, you can't do this (entire year) challenge, gotta go look for the second half then. ;)

knobbly
November 3rd, 2020, 10:34 AM
If it's been trimmed in May this year, you can't do this (entire year) challenge, gotta go look for the second half then. ;)

It’s not 2021 yet lapushka :lol:

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 01:51 PM
It’s not 2021 yet lapushka :lol:

OMG no! Look what I did. :lol: :spitting:

Bat
November 3rd, 2020, 03:19 PM
OMG no! Look what I did. :lol: :spitting:

shoulda gone to Specsavers

lapushka
November 3rd, 2020, 04:08 PM
shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hehehe! I do have bad vision. :p ;)

Madeline C.
November 3rd, 2020, 10:23 PM
:) no hard feelings lapushka, we all misread stuff. I did fail no trimming 2020, but I did unofficially do the no trim second half. Since I liked the results I got, I'm gonna try for the whole year this time. I do think I'll do a small trim right before the challenge officially starts because I'm getting a tad uneven (left side grows faster) but other than that, no scissors will touch my hair.
Happy growing!

ExpectoPatronum
November 3rd, 2020, 10:27 PM
I've already said that I am in, but my hair does need a trim before Jan 5th. I just can't decide how much I am willing to part with! My first instinct is none, but my ends feel absolutely trashed. Then again, does it matter how they feel if I just wear it up in a bun all the time anyway? :hmm:

Bat
November 4th, 2020, 01:25 AM
Hehehe! I do have bad vision. :p ;). Haha well there you go!

Bat
November 4th, 2020, 01:26 AM
I've already said that I am in, but my hair does need a trim before Jan 5th. I just can't decide how much I am willing to part with! My first instinct is none, but my ends feel absolutely trashed. Then again, does it matter how they feel if I just wear it up in a bun all the time anyway? :hmm:
You have til Jan 10th to decide

StrawberryGOLD
November 4th, 2020, 07:34 AM
Count me in! I've been growing out my hair since Oct 2018, in that time frame I quit bleach/dye and gave up heat and started heavy oilings with coconut oil as well as wearing my hair in a bun daily. Over the last 2 years i've still retained 4 inches of growth with trims with a decent looking hemline, I would love to see what a year of growth would look like !

StrawberryGOLD
November 4th, 2020, 07:38 AM
Oops! Meant to say ... i've still retained 4 inches of growth with trims EACH YEAR

lapushka
November 4th, 2020, 03:23 PM
:) no hard feelings lapushka, we all misread stuff. I did fail no trimming 2020, but I did unofficially do the no trim second half. Since I liked the results I got, I'm gonna try for the whole year this time. I do think I'll do a small trim right before the challenge officially starts because I'm getting a tad uneven (left side grows faster) but other than that, no scissors will touch my hair.
Happy growing!

Awesome. :thumbsup: I still am so sorry for totally misreading that!

Belgrade Beauty
November 5th, 2020, 05:59 AM
I failed in 2020, thumbs up I make it through 2021. Maybe that's where I will hit the goal. :)
It's fun to look at first posts in this thread from years ago and see where people thought they would be by now and where they are. :)
I expected I would go in one year from MBL to TBL. Guess I was overly optimistic about it, cause in the beginning of the year I had some spurt going on..:) I'm more realistic now, so I will be lucky if I hit BCL in the end of 2021..:) Here's to the new challenge :beerchug:

Belgrade Beauty
November 5th, 2020, 06:03 AM

How did you fixed it? We are talking splits or ?

aralee
November 6th, 2020, 03:29 AM
Count me in! I trimmed my hair last February 2020. I think it's the perfect time to trim to maintain healthy ends. Looking forward to future challenges.

lapushka
November 6th, 2020, 05:10 AM
I failed in 2020, thumbs up I make it through 2021. Maybe that's where I will hit the goal. :)
It's fun to look at first posts in this thread from years ago and see where people thought they would be by now and where they are. :)
I expected I would go in one year from MBL to TBL. Guess I was overly optimistic about it, cause in the beginning of the year I had some spurt going on..:) I'm more realistic now, so I will be lucky if I hit BCL in the end of 2021..:) Here's to the new challenge :beerchug:

Count me in! I trimmed my hair last February 2020. I think it's the perfect time to trim to maintain healthy ends. Looking forward to future challenges.

Good luck, you guys! :thumbsup:

barnet_fair
November 20th, 2020, 03:37 AM
I've decided to join a no-trimming challenge for the first time. Thank you for setting these up, lapushka. :)

Unless a major disaster happens, I'll end 2020 with a hemline I'm happy with, which will be the starting point for my year-long no-trimming experiment. I'm not one to track my hair and measure it, but am curious to see what happens if I just let it do its thing for a whole year, so I might try taking seasonal comparison photos.

I think my hair grows quite slowly, and I think I'd probably get stuck in an endless WL-HL cycle if I trimmed my ends whenever they felt a bit tired. Committing to not trimming for a year means I'll spend the time on better care instead.

Good luck to everyone else on this challenge!

KokoroDragon
November 20th, 2020, 11:02 AM
The longer I wait to trim, the less I feel like trimming. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I don't think I'll trim before this challenge begins.

ExpectoPatronum
November 20th, 2020, 05:27 PM
I'm kind of with KokoroDragon. I was going to trim at the beginning of the year during the first few days but I've changed my routine and my ends don't feel as bad. Perhaps they can wait another year before being trimmed :hmm:

Ada-banana
November 21st, 2020, 09:28 AM
I'm going to join this thread, unless something really weird happens to my ends I think they are OK enough to no-trim another year. This year December I didn't cut my hair for a year. So hopefully I can make it to two years with a reasonable hemline

AngelAlly
November 22nd, 2020, 05:44 AM
I would like to join for 2021! My last haircut was on November 20 2019. It’s about BSL now. I can’t decide if I should trim in December or not before the challenge. Part of me wants to continue without any trim. If I do trim it would probably be an inch off.

Bat
November 25th, 2020, 01:31 AM
Locking my place here for real, I'm starting it now so 13 months no trim xD

Butterfly Blue
November 29th, 2020, 07:16 AM
Officially joining the 2021 no trim challenge!
I too had the dilemma of deciding if I was going to trim or not after the 2020 challenge. It's interesting to me that others felt the same way. As mentioned above, the longer I wait to trim, the less I want too.
But, I have made a decision. I trim on January 2, 2021. I already have the appointment. I have a feeling I won't trim Dec 2021/Jan 2022. We'll see how it goes.

WitchyM
November 30th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Hi there! I'm really tempted to join - but I have such super-fine hair and delicate, and I sometimes get a little impatient when I'm brushing and combing, so I've relied a lot on trims to divest myself of split ends. Do most people keep their hair up a lot of the time that their doing such challenges to prevent damage? My frequent trims have definitely meant that growth has taken longer than it should.

Just wondering if there's more to it than or if people have tactics beyond simply putting down the scissors!

Thanks!

tähkäpää
November 30th, 2020, 02:51 PM
I have some similar concerns as WitchyM, but yeah, this is tempting. I don't trim too often - twice this year, and not a noticeable length either time. So this sounds fun and could be relatively easy for me, but then again if my ends start looking more damaged than expected maybe I want to keep the possibility of trimming them... Hmm.

Is it acceptable/does anyone ever join this challenge for just half of the year or something?

Ylva
November 30th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Is it acceptable/does anyone ever join this challenge for just half of the year or something?

We have specific half-year challenges for those who want to trim halfway through the year. :) Here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147802) is the first half of 2021.

tähkäpää
November 30th, 2020, 04:33 PM
We have specific half-year challenges for those who want to trim halfway through the year. :) Here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147802) is the first half of 2021.

Ooh nice, thank you!

lapushka
November 30th, 2020, 04:38 PM

I am so glad she asked this question, because when I first set the halves up I thought no-one was going to join those! :lol: :)

knobbly
November 30th, 2020, 04:46 PM
I’m super glad to have the half-year challenges lapushka! I have no idea what my hormones are going to do postpartum and it’s nice to be able to commit only to the first half, and by the time that’s over my shed will probably have started. Maybe I’ll need to cut layers or something in order to deal with life, who knows?

imalda
November 30th, 2020, 05:03 PM
I will join in 2021! I haven't trimmed my hair in years but I've decided I will do a small trim either next month or right after New Year's. Then hopefully I will be able to leave it for another few years. Hoping for finger tip length by 2022!

ZoeZ
December 1st, 2020, 01:24 PM
I'm in! I'm pretty determined to stay the course, barring any hair disasters in 2021.

WitchyM
December 1st, 2020, 08:12 PM
Alrighty, I think I'm in!

Sunseed
December 2nd, 2020, 11:19 AM
I like the idea of doing some “hair soul searching” that was mentioned a few pages ago. Then, I will decide. I really want in to the challenge, but I have never done this. The greatest thing I did for my hair was 2.5 years ago, I quit going to the salon and started trimming the ends myself, about every 4 months. The year challenge may be my next step because I am almost at my goal of WL and would be so thrilled to reach beyond that in 2021. I would love a classic length someday!!

lapushka
December 2nd, 2020, 04:25 PM
Welcome, welcome! :D

:cheer:

AnkoThief
December 5th, 2020, 02:37 AM
Count me in! I'm also going to try wearing it up most of the time and not measure it. My hair grows slow as hecc by default but that way I should see some decent growth at the end of next year.

Bat
December 27th, 2020, 12:38 AM
Bumping this up since it's starting soon! I'm ready

kimmyj87
December 27th, 2020, 02:10 AM
Hi Newbie here! Count me in too please. I went without haircut in 2020 and eager to see how much my hair grows with no trim.

Starting from APL.

Bat
December 27th, 2020, 02:14 AM
Hi Newbie here! Count me in too please. I went without haircut in 2020 and eager to see how much my hair grows with no trim.

Starting from APL.

Welcome to LHC happy growing! Im starting from almost mid neck length will post a photo on the 1st

DropStitches
December 27th, 2020, 07:33 AM
You know what, I'm in for the whole year too! I had signed up for the first half, but there's really no reason I would need to trim since getting rid of my post-pixie mullet. I'm curious to see how much growth I get in a year - if I end up at or close to APL, I'll be very happy, but that might be wildly optimistic.

lapushka
December 27th, 2020, 08:16 AM

Starting from APL.

Welcome and happy growing! :cheer:

You know what, I'm in for the whole year too! I had signed up for the first half, but there's really no reason I would need to trim since getting rid of my post-pixie mullet. I'm curious to see how much growth I get in a year - if I end up at or close to APL, I'll be very happy, but that might be wildly optimistic.

For sure, just go for it!!!

Bat
December 27th, 2020, 02:32 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/792866994486902844/IMG_20201228_072953.jpg

I'm not trimming in Jan so I may as well post my starting photos, a few days early isn't a huge deal

ReadingRenee
December 28th, 2020, 10:16 AM
Bat, it seems like your hair grows so fast! I am excited to see where you are at the end of 13 months!

I did the 2019 No trim challenge successfully and gained a lot of length, but then mid 2020 got me and I did a big chop. I want to get back to the length I had at the end of 2019 so I am going to jump in to the no trim challenge. My hair isn't even shoulder length yet so I see no reason to trim for a year or so, or before the challenge. My last trim was in November. I also plan to wear my hair up a lot more this coming year so hopefully my ends will be in better shape. I interested to see if there is a difference.

I will post a starting picture on the 1st as well! Glad to be here!

apollosdrawer
December 28th, 2020, 10:40 AM
I grew 6 and a half inches with only one trim to even up my hemline a little in 2019, so if I grow at the same rate this year, I'll be back to where I was as a teenager before short hair! That would be around bra strap length. I'm trying to enjoy my hair at every length along the way, but I am really excited to get back to bra strap length. Everything after that will be uncharted territory!! Basically I'm really excited lol

Madeline C.
December 28th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Just got a tiny trim to even up the ends. Now I plan on seeing this challenge through. I'm guessing I'll end 2021 around tailbone length as long as I keep my ends protected and moisturized. Happy growing!

My hair grows a little more than six inches a year I think, so I'll be using this year as an experiment to see just how long it does grow.

Bat
December 28th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Bat, it seems like your hair grows so fast! I am excited to see where you are at the end of 13 months!

I did the 2019 No trim challenge successfully and gained a lot of length, but then mid 2020 got me and I did a big chop. I want to get back to the length I had at the end of 2019 so I am going to jump in to the no trim challenge. My hair isn't even shoulder length yet so I see no reason to trim for a year or so, or before the challenge. My last trim was in November. I also plan to wear my hair up a lot more this coming year so hopefully my ends will be in better shape. I interested to see if there is a difference.

I will post a starting picture on the 1st as well! Glad to be here!

I had a growth spurt! I grew over an inch over 6 weeks

ReadingRenee
December 28th, 2020, 04:27 PM
I had a growth spurt! I grew over an inch over 6 weeks

That's a nice growth spurt! :thumbsup:

Bat
December 28th, 2020, 04:30 PM
That's a nice growth spurt! :thumbsup:

Sure is since I usually only grow 1cm a month

AngelAlly
December 30th, 2020, 08:16 AM
I decided not to trim my hair before the challenge started. I wish I would’ve joined the 2020 challenge because I haven’t trimmed since November 2019! I’m hoping I can last another year without any trims and reach waist soon. I’m also not sure how long I want my hair. Waist length is my first goal. The longest it’s ever been was about tailbone I think when I was around 18. I’m kind of curious to see how long it can grow though.

mariakatija
December 31st, 2020, 01:02 PM
I joined here but I decided I'm going to get a trim in March so I will have to join a different challenge. Good luck everyone!

Bat
December 31st, 2020, 05:43 PM
I joined here but I decided I'm going to get a trim in March so I will have to join a different challenge. Good luck everyone!

Maybe the second half?

squirrrel
January 1st, 2021, 01:27 AM
So... I have decided to join this challenge for once. I find it pretty easy not to trim once I have decided, though I often miss the window for the challenges: I last trimmed a few days after the last challenge began in earnest. I expect to reach classic length by Autumn, and will then let it grow on until New year when I can decide to take a little of my post classic growth off if I want to. Then it’s straight on to MTL.

lapushka
January 1st, 2021, 08:31 AM

The "big" challenge is also split into halves, you can choose the second half, quite easily. :flower:

mariakatija
January 1st, 2021, 12:18 PM
The "big" challenge is also split into halves, you can choose the second half, quite easily. :flower:

Yep, that's the plan! Thank you for the reminder.

bokeh
January 1st, 2021, 01:26 PM
I have no plan to cut in 2021 so here I am. I will probably get a trim after the challenge ends and I look forward to that because I miss my hairdresser, lol. It's been over three years since my last trim and since there are no splits I think I'm good to go.

Bat
January 1st, 2021, 03:19 PM
Yep, that's the plan! Thank you for the reminder.
I also suggested the second half

Jools69
January 1st, 2021, 03:32 PM
After completing the recent 6 month challenge, I’ve done a small self trim today ready for this 12 month challenge. I’m sure I’ll finish it, as I ended up going 9 months without a trim with the 6 month one. I’m hoping to reach hip by the end of the year. ;)

Good luck everyone! :D

ExpectoPatronum
January 1st, 2021, 05:05 PM
Going to do a little trimming tonight and then I'm in for another year! I'd usually skip the trim but I saw my ends under direct sunlight recently and yikes! :shocked: They need a little trim. My layers can use some refreshing too. I don't want to lose length and I want to continue growing, so I'm trimming less than an inch.

Jools69
January 2nd, 2021, 01:49 AM
Going to do a little trimming tonight and then I'm in for another year! I'd usually skip the trim but I saw my ends under direct sunlight recently and yikes! :shocked: They need a little trim. My layers can use some refreshing too. I don't want to lose length and I want to continue growing, so I'm trimming less than an inch.

A micro trim will definitely refresh those ends. :thumbsup: I’ve just trimmed about 3/4 inch off mine and haven’t noticed much difference in the length and they feel much better. I haven’t tackled my remaining layers, as I’m growing them out and appear ok.

KokoroDragon
January 2nd, 2021, 05:59 PM
Well, it's been almost 13 months since my last trim, and my ends still seem fine, so I'll skip the trim this year. Here's my starting photo, taken today: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qD3n9YJx2xsQ9fGe8iG_aDrG409xUA2Q/view?usp=sharing
Good luck to everyone - we can do this!

Bat
January 2nd, 2021, 06:05 PM
Well, it's been almost 13 months since my last trim, and my ends still seem fine, so I'll skip the trim this year. Here's my starting photo, taken today: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qD3n9YJx2xsQ9fGe8iG_aDrG409xUA2Q/view?usp=sharing
Good luck to everyone - we can do this!

I'd love it if my ends look like that in 13 months!

ReadingRenee
January 4th, 2021, 03:06 PM
I'd love it if my ends look like that in 13 months!

Wow KokoroDragon I have to agree with Bat! Your ends look great!

I didn't post a beginning picture for January yet. I will post one now, one halfway in June, and hopefully one in Dec 2021 because I will still be in this challenge. :)

https://i.imgur.com/HrG6UR2.jpg?1

KokoroDragon
January 4th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Thank you, Bat and ReadingRenee!

Nice starting picture - your hair looks very healthy!

meepster
January 4th, 2021, 10:45 PM
I'm in! I want to get to BSL as quickly as I can, and my ends are hidden in a bun most of the time anyway, so I will not touch scissors to my hair in 2021.

Natalina
January 5th, 2021, 01:45 AM
Hello again! I'm back from a year of hiatus I believe, and despite I've broken many, many promises I made to my hair the last time I was here, I've managed to keep only one - that I refuse to let scissors touch them, lol! Since then I've continued to be abusive towards them though, I noticed a lot more split ends of course, but I just let them broke off on it's own because I'm too lazy to trim them. :p

My hair is at BSL now with a rather full hemline, I think my last hair cut/trim was in October 2018 which was slightly below chin-length with layers, and you bet it was bleached and dyed.

Now I plan on growing to Terminal (which I can't really remember if I had said this in the past or not, oops), and might trim in the future if it gets too bad as my hair is very damaged, but hopefully that's years ahead of plans and not this year's. :o

Bat
January 5th, 2021, 01:47 AM
Hello again! I'm back from a year of hiatus I believe, and despite I've broken many, many promises I made to my hair the last time I was here, I've managed to keep only one - that I refuse to let scissors touch them, lol! Since then I've continued to be abusive towards them though, I noticed a lot more split ends of course, but I just let them broke off on it's own because I'm too lazy to trim them. :p

My hair is at BSL now with a rather full hemline, I think my last hair cut/trim was in October 2018 which was slightly below chin-length with layers, and you bet it was bleached and dyed.

Now I plan on growing to Terminal (which I can't really remember if I had said this in the past or not, oops), and might trim in the future if it gets too bad as my hair is very damaged, but hopefully that's years ahead of plans and not this year's. :o

I can relate to the bleaching aspect, I'm thinking of aiming for terminal with dyed/bleach hair no trims this year too!

Natalina
January 5th, 2021, 01:57 AM
I can relate to the bleaching aspect, I'm thinking of aiming for terminal with dyed/bleach hair no trims this year too!

Hi, Bat! Your hair color is so beautiful!

Apparently after looking back to some of my old posts I did mention several times I was growing to Terminal, and though I always fall back to the temptations of dye and bleach, I swear this is my last time. :p

I'm so curious to see how long my hair can grow by default, here's to hope we both will keep the determination to grow to Terminal!

Lady_Eowyn
January 5th, 2021, 02:39 AM
I'm in! Have not trimmed since September 2019. Have reached BSL by the end of 2020; hopefully will be nearing waist length by the end of 2021.

Bat
January 5th, 2021, 02:41 AM
Hi, Bat! Your hair color is so beautiful!

Apparently after looking back to some of my old posts I did mention several times I was growing to Terminal, and though I always fall back to the temptations of dye and bleach, I swear this is my last time. :p

I'm so curious to see how long my hair can grow by default, here's to hope we both will keep the determination to grow to Terminal!

Thank you!!!! Good luck with giving up Bleach! I think I'm a lost cause in that respect lol, I hope I can get to knee though before terminal kicks in

lapushka
January 5th, 2021, 06:00 AM
Just a friendly nudge that the last day to trim for this whole calendar year challenge is January 10, that is a Sunday, this year.

Klalab
January 5th, 2021, 10:11 AM
I'm also joining!
I bleached my hair one year ago around Christmas time and I plan on getting rid of the bleached parts anyway in the future so for now there's no need to cut my hair. I want to reach waist in October (I'm bsl now) and I want a proper cut in January 2022, and then continue a healthy growth journey! I'm also doing the challenge wear i keep my hair in a bun or braid the whole year, so I shouldn't get a lot of damage :) (hopefully)

ReadingRenee
January 5th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Thank you, Bat and ReadingRenee!

Nice starting picture - your hair looks very healthy!

Thank you! I am hoping it will keep looking healthy through the challenge. :)

Simsy
January 6th, 2021, 02:03 AM
Just a friendly nudge that the last day to trim for this whole calendar year challenge is January 10, that is a Sunday, this year.

I wasn’t anticipating being home this week so wasn’t planning a trim. But I have the flu so I might actually have time this year.😁

Jools69
January 6th, 2021, 06:11 AM
I wasn’t anticipating being home this week so wasn’t planning a trim. But I have the flu so I might actually have time this year.��

Hope you feel better soon. Are you going to self trim?

Simsy
January 6th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Hope you feel better soon. Are you going to self trim?

😷 it’s been a week, I have no voice and I’m on my third box of tissues.

Probably, I haven’t booked a hairdresser in so long that it’ll definitely be faster to just do it myself...assuming I don’t get lazy and just ignore it again.

Bat
January 6th, 2021, 11:03 PM
So much for 13 months no trim lol. I got half and half today and got some dead ends cut off. At least I can attempt the 12 months. So here goes!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/796618615033692210/IMG_07012021_155743_500_x_500_pixel.jpg

squirrrel
January 6th, 2021, 11:37 PM
And you are still in the timeframe for a trim during the challenge. Looking forward to seeing you grow on.

Bat
January 7th, 2021, 01:12 AM
Luckily!
I'd be mad at myself if I failed the challenge few days after the cut off period

squirrrel
January 7th, 2021, 01:20 AM
Hopefully that will help you when the urge to trim comes again.

Bat
January 7th, 2021, 03:54 AM
Hopefully! I really do want to try not to trim for the rest of the year just to say I did it once but I have a feeling seasonal trims will be my preferred way. I'll give it a good shot though

lapushka
January 7th, 2021, 03:57 AM
Hopefully! I really do want to try not to trim for the rest of the year just to say I did it once but I have a feeling seasonal trims will be my preferred way. I'll give it a good shot though

We can't expect more, and you can't expect more of yourself, meaning, you can only give it your best shot. And if a chin length bob is all you can manage (if you keep trimming back). There is nothing wrong with a healthy, nicely shaped, bob! Just don't get yourself into knots trying to do the impossible. It is supposed to be a relaxing challenge, not an obligation or a must. :flower:

Good luck! :D

Bat
January 7th, 2021, 04:04 AM
We can't expect more, and you can't expect more of yourself, meaning, you can only give it your best shot. And if a chin length bob is all you can manage (if you keep trimming back). There is nothing wrong with a healthy, nicely shaped, bob! Just don't get yourself into knots trying to do the impossible. It is supposed to be a relaxing challenge, not an obligation or a must. :flower:

Good luck! :D chin is the worst length on me, I keep cutting cause it looks so ugly. I have to force myself through it or I'll be stuck hating my hair, I've gotten to apl almost before I can do it again so I really do need to challenge myself or I'll be stuck in a length I hate

Natalina
January 7th, 2021, 06:18 AM
Thank you!!!! Good luck with giving up Bleach! I think I'm a lost cause in that respect lol, I hope I can get to knee though before terminal kicks in

Ooohh, knee would be fantastic! But deep inside I do hope I can at least reach to floor, haha. I don't know if I could take care of it realistically but we'll see if my curiousity is stronger than my impatience. :p And thank you for your wish!

So much for 13 months no trim lol. I got half and half today and got some dead ends cut off. At least I can attempt the 12 months. So here goes!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/796618615033692210/IMG_07012021_155743_500_x_500_pixel.jpg

Omg that looks so cool!! Serious hair envy, I've wanted a half an half a few months ago but didn't think I could commit to it, lol! Trims or no trims, so long as you enjoy your hair is all that matters! ;)

That being said I do understand how painful it was growing out the "awkward" phase, so for me the temptation to trim my then-short hair is much stronger than it is when it's long. Mostly because I can't really put it up to ignore it like I could with long hair. But hey- I got through it, so best of luck to you too! :)

Bat
January 7th, 2021, 06:31 AM
Ooohh, knee would be fantastic! But deep inside I do hope I can at least reach to floor, haha. I don't know if I could take care of it realistically but we'll see if my curiousity is stronger than my impatience. :p And thank you for your wish!

Omg that looks so cool!! Serious hair envy, I've wanted a half an half a few months ago but didn't think I could commit to it, lol! Trims or no trims, so long as you enjoy your hair is all that matters! ;)

That being said I do understand how painful it was growing out the "awkward" phase, so for me the temptation to trim my then-short hair is much stronger than it is when it's long. Mostly because I can't really put it up to ignore it like I could with long hair. But hey- I got through it, so best of luck to you too! :)

Yes! Exactly that's how I feel I can't hide his bad it looks once I can tie it up fully the challenge will possibly be easier, My hair on that side is on the verge of no return but I admit I feel more me with split dyed hair.and trust me my ultimate dream would be to get to floor too but with fully dyed hair I'm not sure it would be possible. I hope you get to reach your goal of floor too!

KokoroDragon
January 7th, 2021, 07:45 PM
Yes! Exactly that's how I feel I can't hide his bad it looks once I can tie it up fully the challenge will possibly be easier, My hair on that side is on the verge of no return but I admit I feel more me with split dyed hair.and trust me my ultimate dream would be to get to floor too but with fully dyed hair I'm not sure it would be possible. I hope you get to reach your goal of floor too!

You may have already tried this, but when I was going through my awkward length I wore a beanie almost all the time to hide my hair. If I really wanted to, I could even tuck my hair into the hat so it looked like I had super short hair. I found this to work well to hide it before it was long enough to tie back.

Lainey
January 8th, 2021, 04:45 AM
You may have already tried this, but when I was going through my awkward length I wore a beanie almost all the time to hide my hair. If I really wanted to, I could even tuck my hair into the hat so it looked like I had super short hair. I found this to work well to hide it before it was long enough to tie back.

KokoroDragon. Yes, me too. That’s currently how I’m coping. Even in the house! I’m going to carry on until it all goes in a ponytail. Best not to look at it I’ve found or the scissors will come out!

Lainey
January 8th, 2021, 04:46 AM

Your hair looks lovely Bat.

Bat
January 8th, 2021, 05:10 AM

It's too hot in Australia to wear a hat , I get all scalp sweat which is nasty lol, I have a headband I use that pushes it away from my face that helps on my super bad days usually

Bat
January 8th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Your hair looks lovely Bat.

Thank you! It's not my final form Color wise! I'll get it lighter over time the black will stay the same C:

WitchyM
January 8th, 2021, 05:17 AM
It's too hot in Australia to wear a hat , I get all scalp sweat which is nasty lol, I have a headband I use that pushes it away from my face that helps on my super bad days usually

So, when I was in that awkward zone, I did a lot of triple buns, because it helped gather all the hair from different zones in my head. Or however many little messy buns I needed to do to get it up.

No matter what, it's a challenging length to get through, for sure.

I freaking love your hair color, by the way! I dyed mine blue when I was about that length and it was completely gorgeous. I think it's a great strategy for getting through an awkward length.

Bat
January 8th, 2021, 05:21 AM
So, when I was in that awkward zone, I did a lot of triple buns, because it helped gather all the hair from different zones in my head. Or however many little messy buns I needed to do to get it up.

No matter what, it's a challenging length to get through, for sure.

I freaking love your hair color, by the way! I dyed mine blue when I was about that length and it was completely gorgeous. I think it's a great strategy for getting through an awkward length.

I also have a terquiose section hiding under one side of it multi hued bat! Thank you!

Butterfly Blue
January 9th, 2021, 02:55 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/LYWYhbPF/20210109-131626.jpg (https://postimg.cc/LYWYhbPF)
Almost 14 months since my last trim. In my 2020 end of year picture my hair looked ragged. I clarified my hair and used The Innate Life Rose Elixer (an oil) and it looks so much healthier! Now I can go through 2021 with even more confidence that I won't be trimming this year.

squirrrel
January 11th, 2021, 02:23 AM
Looking good, Butterfly Blue.

Well, I did my usual: got several days into January and decided I was wrong, I wanted a new fresh start with a straight hemline. There are so few hairs past a certain length anyway that it doesn’t feel like they are well protected which feels silly given older ends... Now my racers are back with the rest of my length, and with actually trimming by the last day of the window, I guess I’m growing on again for the rest of the challenge now!

Bat
January 11th, 2021, 08:54 PM

Well, I did my usual: got several days into January and decided I was wrong, I wanted a new fresh start with a straight hemline. There are so few hairs past a certain length anyway that it doesn’t feel like they are well protected which feels silly given older ends... Now my racers are back with the rest of my length, and with actually trimming by the last day of the window, I guess I’m growing on again for the rest of the challenge now!

Good luck! I wasn't going to trim either but ended up doing it on the 7th, happy growing to you

Butterfly Blue
January 11th, 2021, 10:19 PM

Thank you! Much appreciated:D

Sometimes those racers are so annoying. I'm glad you felt better after a trim. Happy growing this year!

Gwendolynn
January 13th, 2021, 10:33 AM
It is a bit late but I'm in, no way to "grow hair quickly" than to not trim!

Butterfly Blue
January 14th, 2021, 07:04 AM
It is a bit late but I'm in, no way to "grow hair quickly" than to not trim!

Welcome! And yes, it's so true, stop trimming if you want to grow your hair! Baby your ends to keep them happy. Sometimes I need to clarify the ends when they start to tangle easy. Then I follow up with a deep conditioner. I found for me, this helped me get through last year's challenge.

xsamx89x
January 14th, 2021, 07:05 AM
I'm in!

I trimmed on Jan 1st to get rid of any rough wnds, I'm hoping to be at bra strap by jan 1st 2022.

Butterfly Blue
January 14th, 2021, 07:11 AM
I'm in!

I trimmed on Jan 1st to get rid of any rough wnds, I'm hoping to be at bra strap by jan 1st 2022.

Welcome! Glad you joined the challenge:D

WitchyM
January 14th, 2021, 07:32 AM
Welcome! And yes, it's so true, stop trimming if you want to grow your hair! Baby your ends to keep them happy. Sometimes I need to clarify the ends when they start to tangle easy. Then I follow up with a deep conditioner. I found for me, this helped me get through last year's challenge.

Thank you, these are good tips!

BuddhaBelle
January 14th, 2021, 07:43 AM
question! does S&D thin out your ends? I want to join the no trim gang but I'm worried if I try and upkeep this way. :confused:

KokoroDragon
January 14th, 2021, 08:11 AM
Yes, S&D can create an uneven hemline or thin your ends if you overdo it. If you're not S&Ding super frequently and don't take off any more hair than necessary, it shouldn't be noticeable. Some people dedicate chunks of time for S&D, while others only snip splits when they happen to see them and don't actively look for them.

Lesley8
January 14th, 2021, 09:21 AM
I hope I'm not to late to join in.
Definitely count me in. :)

BuddhaBelle
January 14th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Yes, S&D can create an uneven hemline or thin your ends if you overdo it. If you're not S&Ding super frequently and don't take off any more hair than necessary, it shouldn't be noticeable. Some people dedicate chunks of time for S&D, while others only snip splits when they happen to see them and don't actively look for them.

great advice! my fear is before I got suuuuper scraggily ends and now I have a nice hemline I'm doing my best to keep it up!

dagny
January 14th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Well, after a no trim 2020 I decided to just end with an s&d and continue with no trim 2021.
��

Bat
January 14th, 2021, 09:49 PM
I hope I'm not to late to join in.
Definitely count me in. :)

As long as you trimmed on or before Jan 10th 2021 you can join anytime

Lesley8
January 15th, 2021, 12:55 AM
As long as you trimmed on or before Jan 10th 2021 you can join anytime

Yep just trimmed my bangs.

Bat
January 15th, 2021, 01:31 AM

You are allowed to maintain bangs during the challenge just not to cut them in after it starts

Lesley8
January 15th, 2021, 01:39 AM
You are allowed to maintain bangs during the challenge just not to cut them in after it starts

That's great :) thanks

Bat
January 15th, 2021, 04:17 AM
That's great :) thanks

Welcomes! Good luck

SwanFeathers
January 15th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Sorry I'm late, joining this challenge after a successful 2020 (for hair anyway) I trimmed on new years but didn't have time to take a good photo, here's my starting point.
https://i.postimg.cc/vBXfxvLG/Jan-2021.jpg (https://postimg.cc/2bbVPhKt)

Lesley8
January 15th, 2021, 02:56 PM
Sorry I'm late, joining this challenge after a successful 2020 (for hair anyway) I trimmed on new years but didn't have time to take a good photo, here's my starting point.

Beautiful hair :)

JasminxCat
January 15th, 2021, 03:20 PM

Wow the color is beautiful. Is that henna?

Bat
January 15th, 2021, 04:41 PM

Your hair is gorgeous!

lapushka
January 15th, 2021, 05:37 PM

Maintaining = perfectly fine, just not cutting bangs from a no-bangs look. But I'm guessing you know. ;)

KokoroDragon
January 16th, 2021, 12:14 AM

Very nice hair! It gives me lots of inspiration and motivation to keep growing!

SwanFeathers
January 16th, 2021, 02:33 PM
Wow the color is beautiful. Is that henna?

Yes it's henna straight into a natural medium brown.

Lesley8
January 16th, 2021, 02:59 PM
Maintaining = perfectly fine, just not cutting bangs from a no-bangs look. But I'm guessing you know. ;)

Yep, just maintaining them :)

Kwolf248Mane
January 16th, 2021, 03:39 PM
I'm in, I'm not trimming this whole year. Let see how it goes.

Bat
January 16th, 2021, 08:15 PM
I'm in, I'm not trimming this whole year. Let see how it goes.

Good luck to you!

Simsy
January 16th, 2021, 11:56 PM
Welp...I forgot to trim so I’m coming in as is...

Bat
January 17th, 2021, 01:31 AM
Welp...I forgot to trim so I’m coming in as is...

Oops! Good luck for the year!

barnet_fair
January 17th, 2021, 03:20 AM
I'm glad I made a conscious decision not to trim in 2021, because despite feeling like I "never trim", I checked my sporadic records of trims during 2020 and it looks like I managed to trim a total of 4" off over the course of the year. No wonder my hair feels like it's barely grown since this time last year. I think my growth rate is on the slightly slower side of average, around 5.5" per year (although I'm not big on measuring, so this may well be inaccurate). I'm brushing hip now for the second time with a better hemline than before. :)

lapushka
January 17th, 2021, 05:18 AM
I'm glad I made a conscious decision not to trim in 2021, because despite feeling like I "never trim", I checked my sporadic records of trims during 2020 and it looks like I managed to trim a total of 4" off over the course of the year. No wonder my hair feels like it's barely grown since this time last year. I think my growth rate is on the slightly slower side of average, around 5.5" per year (although I'm not big on measuring, so this may well be inaccurate). I'm brushing hip now for the second time with a better hemline than before. :)

If you are still actively growing, getting rid of 4 inches is major. Yes, do keep track and lovely that you've joined! :)

Welcome to all who are new, BTW. :)

barnet_fair
January 18th, 2021, 05:23 AM
If you are still actively growing, getting rid of 4 inches is major. Yes, do keep track and lovely that you've joined! :)

Welcome to all who are new, BTW. :)

It certainly is major, lapushka! It's so funny - it looks like I did a 1.5" trim in February, 0.5" some time afterwards, then 2" in October, and each time I thought "I haven't trimmed for ages - must be time for a trim". It seems old habits (like going to the hairdresser every 3 months) die hard.

On the other hand, I've almost certainly got rid of all the layers now.

Bat
January 18th, 2021, 05:36 AM
I can't wait till my side shave and bangs catch up, fingers crossed I'll be past CBL + by the end of the year. That is if my mind doesn't screw me over lool, congrats on no layers!

lapushka
January 19th, 2021, 11:43 AM
I can't wait till my side shave and bangs catch up, fingers crossed I'll be past CBL + by the end of the year. That is if my mind doesn't screw me over lool, congrats on no layers!

If you give me permission, I can try and stop you, if you are getting scissor-happy. I hate to stop people who know what they're doing, and if you at one point want to trim, by all means, but if you are dead sure you don't, and know that you get easily tempted, well, give us all permission to say, Bat: NO! :)

Feral_
January 19th, 2021, 11:47 AM
If you give me permission, I can try and stop you, if you are getting scissor-happy. I hate to stop people who know what they're doing, and if you at one point want to trim, by all means, but if you are dead sure you don't, and know that you get easily tempted, well, give us all permission to say, Bat: NO! :)

I’d confidently put a wager on Bat caving (haha) and trimming. He has ‘previous’ !

SelenVinland
January 19th, 2021, 12:20 PM
Remember Bat, you and I are hair growth rivals now. You gotta catch up to me ;)

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 01:03 PM
Loool go ahead and tell me no. And I accept your challenge Ferel
That's right I have to catch up to my nemesis, seriously though if I get to 6 months and trim I still consider it a win, but I'll try my best to prevail

Feral_
January 19th, 2021, 01:46 PM
Challenge accepted, Bat! *throws down gauntlet*:D

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Challenge accepted, Bat! *throws down gauntlet*:D

Rofl this means war

Feral_
January 19th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Rofl this means war

I’ve not cut or trimmed in over a year. Bring it, Bat. :D

BuddhaBelle
January 19th, 2021, 02:12 PM

Does not trimming since october count for anything :eek:

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 02:15 PM

xD I just don't want to lose the no trim this year, I probably won't do this next year, I'll see how much of a struggle it is

Dark40
January 19th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Hi! Just checking in saying that I haven't had a trim since last October of 2020! Yay! :cheer: And, I'm not planning on doing anymore trimming at all this new year.

Dark40
January 19th, 2021, 02:22 PM

Hey, me neither haven't had a trim since last october either, and I've been loving it! My ends have been holding up just fine. I barely ever need any trims.

silentlotus
January 19th, 2021, 04:08 PM
I'm in, if it's ok 😊
I haven't had a cut or trim since February 2020, I have only S&D every now and then.
If I'm going to be completely honest I haven't been to a hairdressers since I was 17 (I'm 38), I usually get my partner to cut it but the thought of having it trimmed scares me (I know I'm dumb but I am scared) mainly incase he trims too much. So I'm trying to grow it to a point I can cut it myself ❤️

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 08:12 PM
I'm in, if it's ok 😊
I haven't had a cut or trim since February 2020, I have only S&D every now and then.
If I'm going to be completely honest I haven't been to a hairdressers since I was 17 (I'm 38), I usually get my partner to cut it but the thought of having it trimmed scares me (I know I'm dumb but I am scared) mainly incase he trims too much. So I'm trying to grow it to a point I can cut it myself ❤️

Sure can, welcome!

JasminxCat
January 19th, 2021, 08:38 PM
I can't wait until the front sections of my hair will grow out another 6 inches. It looks funny, I might be the only one that can tell but there is quite a long gap between my back length and front sections. Maybe I will have to get it blended out to a v cut, but I really don't want to do that. Maybe I'll keep waiting it out for another year and see how it looks before I decide. Would like it all to just be one length....

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 09:17 PM
I can't wait until the front sections of my hair will grow out another 6 inches. It looks funny, I might be the only one that can tell but there is quite a long gap between my back length and front sections. Maybe I will have to get it blended out to a v cut, but I really don't want to do that. Maybe I'll keep waiting it out for another year and see how it looks before I decide. Would like it all to just be one length....

There is a complain about layers topic somewhere! I too want hair all one length, if I'm lucky side shave might get to shoulder and I can just chop it one length or close to it. Depends on how long it gets by December.

JasminxCat
January 19th, 2021, 10:54 PM
There is a complain about layers topic somewhere! I too want hair all one length, if I'm lucky side shave might get to shoulder and I can just chop it one length or close to it. Depends on how long it gets by December.

A side shave should get to BSL by a year if your hair growth is at average rate, or very close to it at least
And It's not really layers. I chopped off the front sections to chin length a year ago because of heat damage. It was so fried but the damage is gone now, just at an awkward length compared to the rest of my hair barely being APL with the back length being MBL. I guess I will deal with it for another year then do a v shape until I can grow it out to one length. Really annoying though :D
Also I feel like the hair in the front grows much slower than the hair in the back so that doesn't help. Am I the only one :D

Bat
January 20th, 2021, 12:13 AM
A side shave should get to BSL by a year if your hair growth is at average rate, or very close to it at least
And It's not really layers. I chopped off the front sections to chin length a year ago because of heat damage. It was so fried but the damage is gone now, just at an awkward length compared to the rest of my hair barely being APL with the back length being MBL. I guess I will deal with it for another year then do a v shape until I can grow it out to one length. Really annoying though :D
Also I feel like the hair in the front grows much slower than the hair in the back so that doesn't help. Am I the only one :D

The front has to grow down the back of your head while hair at the back of your head has to grow down your neck so it seems it grows faster, maybe lol!

My side shave will probably get to shoulder by the end of the year Maybe.. I skin shaved it in July 2020 and it's mid ear length atm ( it did have 3 very small trims), I'm hoping it will be chin by July

Feral_
January 20th, 2021, 05:15 AM
Yep! Join us, ‘Belle

Hey, me neither haven't had a trim since last october either, and I've been loving it! My ends have been holding up just fine. I barely ever need any trims.
That’s great, Dark40

I'm in, if it's ok 😊
Welcome aboard silentlotus!

ioanaxena
February 1st, 2021, 01:55 PM
I'm really considering joining this thread... I'll try to be as gentle as I can with my hair and if my ends permit, I'll not be trimming between the half-year challenges. Will reasses the condition of my hair in a few months :).

Jools69
February 1st, 2021, 02:35 PM
I’ve only grown about 1/4 inch the past month (30.25 to 30.5). It’s usually 1/2 an inch per month, but I suppose it’s down to stress from fracturing my foot (it’s nearly healed), not being able to exercise and not to mention, the pandemic and being in lockdown. Hopefully, with spring around the corner, things will be much better being back on my feet again.