PDA

View Full Version : Hair for ID/driver's license

SwanFeathers
October 6th, 2018, 11:42 PM
I have a head full of big beautiful rag curls made up for Sunday church, but monday I go to get my new DL. Should I ruin curls that would otherwise last a week and wash them out? Or do you think the dmv will still let me take my DL photo with such an obvious style?

Doreen
October 6th, 2018, 11:44 PM
It shouldn't be a problem! They mark down your hair color but hairstyle doesn't really matter in my experience.

Vacurlylady
October 7th, 2018, 03:42 AM
I had a ultra short pixie when my DL photo was taken and I get a lot of comments on how I have changed. Haha! It’s fun!

trolleypup
October 7th, 2018, 08:24 AM
DMV absolutely won't care what you do with your hair so long as you aren't doing a Cousin Itt.

Doreen
October 7th, 2018, 11:08 AM
DMV absolutely won't care what you do with your hair so long as you aren't doing a Cousin Itt.

This made me giggle! Honestly my photo is so terrible that having all of my hair in front of my face would've been an improvement!

nycelle
October 7th, 2018, 11:19 AM
I just had my license renewed and I wasn't required to take a new pic, just the eye test. That may vary state to state though.

cjk
October 7th, 2018, 12:35 PM
I had a ultra short pixie when my DL photo was taken and I get a lot of comments on how I have changed. Haha! It’s fun!

I lost 90 pounds between photos. And actually changed height, a little.

Nobody is going to care about your hairstyle.

ravenskey
October 7th, 2018, 01:00 PM

If this is anything like having a passport photo then ^^ is very true.

*Wednesday*
October 7th, 2018, 02:38 PM
I have no care what my DL pic looks like. Mine's in a messy bunny.

MoonRabbit
October 7th, 2018, 03:29 PM
They changed the photo format in my area so now the whole face takes up the little square and you can barely even see my hair in it. Makes me look absolutely horrible but it's whatevs. I was also surprised to find out they now do not want you to wear glasses for the photo, they made many people take them off.

But as for style, I don't think they will care in the slightest, it's not like they need to know your natural texture or anything.

Arciela
October 7th, 2018, 04:51 PM
I just had my license renewed and I wasn't required to take a new pic, just the eye test. That may vary state to state though.

Same here, it was pretty easy..I was surprised they didn't want a new photo but figured hey..less work for me to do haha

Jo Ann
October 7th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Why not wear your hair in a style you feel good with?

At least in FL nowadays, many people don't look THAT much like a convict--might as well look like a well-coiffed convict... :p

Deborah
October 8th, 2018, 10:26 AM
I had to have a new license photo taken this year. They had me remove my glasses, and told me not to smile, only allowing a closed-mouth grin. I wear my hair off my face, but they said that people who wear bangs or other hair that is normally on their faces had to have it pushed back, as for better ID they need to see the complete, real shape of the person's face. I guess there must be too many identification problems these days, causing these changes to be needed. We live in weird times!

embee
October 8th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Interesting. I also had to remove my glasses, although I'm required to wear them when I drive.

Wonder what they do about men with beards.... ??

SwanFeathers
October 8th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Well the photo came out awful as expected. They did not make me push my bangs back but the photo was zoomed in awkwardly. Thanks TX dps.
However I was great entertainment for the family behind me in line, their 7-ish year-old girl kept trying to be sneaky and poke at my curls while loudly whispering to her mom "how does it do that? Is that real hair?"