PDA

View Full Version : Dermarolling the scalp? Anyone try it for hair growth?

kitcatsmeow
October 5th, 2018, 07:05 PM
i love rolling my face and recently started using longer needles to go deeper. I’ve been reading about microneedling the scalp for hair regrowth/growth. I really just want to do my hair line since it seems to be thinning a little especially postpartum. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and if you had food results?

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 07:55 PM
I havent tried it. I have a small part of my harline that is fairly thin but i dont mind it. You can try it to see if it works. For me I did an onion juice for 20 minutes before showering and the results are definitely there ! So you can try that also. ☺ goodluck!

ursaV
October 5th, 2018, 08:33 PM
It would probably do some good, lots of people benefit from massages or inversion to get the blood flowing to the scalp and I imagine it's the same principle (edit: after reading about it more it is slightly different and more penetrating haha). I love rolling my muscles and doing scalp massages so it sounds like something I would try if I ever got a dermaroller. Just be careful about it, I keep getting visions of hair getting caught in the axle of the roller :headache:

edit: just saw this after doing some research: "You can also use our Micro Dermaroller to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and acnes scars, and to encourage hair regrowth" so I guess some have tried it! The needled one definitely looks interesting, I've only seen the steel ball ones. I might try it out on some stretch marks, I saw something about encouraging collagen production with the tiny skin pricks...

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 08:47 PM
I did see one lady who shaved off her edges to grow them back thicker and she tried dermarolling but I don't think it worked for her.

kitcatsmeow
October 6th, 2018, 04:54 AM
It would probably do some good, lots of people benefit from massages or inversion to get the blood flowing to the scalp and I imagine it's the same principle (edit: after reading about it more it is slightly different and more penetrating haha). I love rolling my muscles and doing scalp massages so it sounds like something I would try if I ever got a dermaroller. Just be careful about it, I keep getting visions of hair getting caught in the axle of the roller :headache:

edit: just saw this after doing some research: "You can also use our Micro Dermaroller to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and acnes scars, and to encourage hair regrowth" so I guess some have tried it! The needled one definitely looks interesting, I've only seen the steel ball ones. I might try it out on some stretch marks, I saw something about encouraging collagen production with the tiny skin pricks...

Yes it does promote collagen but from what I’m reading you need at least 1mm needles. I have only worked up to .5mm on my face. It’s a little intimidating especially at first but .25/.35mm needles are like nothing and I can do it as easily as putting on my serums at night. Once I’m more comfortable using the .5 I’ll try my .75 and then on To 1mm. In the meantime I’ll research what’s best for hair growth.

lapushka
October 6th, 2018, 07:55 AM
There's a lady on YT that does it with some success. She is called "Elle is for living". Try and look her up sometime. She doesn't always talk about it, though.