PDA

View Full Version : Refresher Spray

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:11 PM
For me since I have a dry scalp. I still want to feel clean in betweem washes. So I use a refresher spray. Basically menthol crystals. About 10% with essential oils like rosemary lavender eucalyptus and tea tree. Was wondering if anyone else did anything in between washes for scalp? I like the menthol giving me a very cool feeling but its so stimulating. It gave me a headache. So i might cut down on it a little next time.

Ylva
October 5th, 2018, 06:48 PM
I used to use the Alpecin Forte Intensive Scalp And Hair Tonic, especially when I suffered from itchy scalp due to stress. The itching/rash was also elsewhere on my body. It started from the arms, then spread to several other areas, but the one that bothered me the most was my scalp. It did ease the itch momentarily, and it gave a nice fresh tingly feeling. However, I have stopped using it since, because I just generally don't like to put products on my scalp in between washes. It makes my scalp feel dirtier. That's also the reason why I refuse to use dry shampoo. I hated that "dust" on my scalp. The Alpecin tonic also contained alcohol, which made my bleached roots feel really strange, sort of rough and velcro-y.

I have considered making some kind of DIY non-oily herbal tonic to test out on my scalp, though.

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 08:00 PM
You can always try. Its not bad. Mines is basically water with some essential oil and menthol. You can cut back on the menthol though... Its so stimulating if u use a lot and I'm assuming ur scalp gets oily

lapushka
October 6th, 2018, 08:17 AM
I weekly wash, and put nothing whatsoever on my scalp during the week. I just let the natural oils travel through, until by Friday a little of the oil is there, then there is Saturday, and Sunday = wash day.

elfynity
October 7th, 2018, 03:36 AM
For me since I have a dry scalp. I still want to feel clean in betweem washes. So I use a refresher spray. Basically menthol crystals. About 10% with essential oils like rosemary lavender eucalyptus and tea tree. Was wondering if anyone else did anything in between washes for scalp? I like the menthol giving me a very cool feeling but its so stimulating. It gave me a headache. So i might cut down on it a little next time.

Hi, I spray my roots with peppermint EO and water - it smells amazing and also promotes growth. I keep to a less than 3% dosage.