PDA

View Full Version : I got 1/2 to almost 1 inch of new growth in TWO weeks

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Soooo I have been asking for help to grow my hair faster and I decided to basically do a onion juice treatment every wash. Id just boil some onions until its fairly concentrated then apply it to my scalp for 20 minutes then wash my hair. Ive been doing this now for about 2 weeks. And I noticed that my average hair growth which is 3/8 if I'm luck sometimes 1/2 a month. Went to already 1/2 in two weeks in a lot of areas of my scalp and I have 6/8 inch new growth in different areas. Is it weird that my hair doesn't grow the same in different areas? I'm just glad my hair is growing faster xD now I created a mixture shampoo and refresher spray with hair growth concoctions. I bought menthol crystals (very very strong. Just using 3 small crystals smaller than a penny all together. It filled up the whole house with mint. I added that to my refresher spray and shampoo. And I add rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and frankinsense essential oil to both as well. So I'm going to use those as well as continue with the onion/garlic juice treatment. I wanted to add cayenne pepper... But it just wasnt worth it to me if it were to get in my eyes. What do you guys think?
Some people say to wait and be patient. And I am patient. I try new things with my hair but I still want my hair to grow faster lol. Why not? So by doing this regimen my hair will grow twice as fast and I will get to my goal length in a shorter amount of time. :3

*Wednesday*
October 5th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Do you have pictures?

nycelle
October 5th, 2018, 10:39 AM
I have no idea.. but if onion truly worked, I would imagine a cosmetics company would have bottled the stuff (and make it smell better) years ago. Maybe you had a growth spurt?

Just wanna say- I did a little test and googled, "do onions, then oranges, garlic, avocado, cherries, broccoli and a couple of others, help your hair grow?" I found articles listing how all of the fruits and veggies I listed can help with hair growth. If I believed it, I'd make a huge salad for my hair every day. Personally, I think it's all BS.

But, if you believe it and it's not hurting your hair/scalp, why not? Good luck.

oh, and yes, pics please.

lapushka
October 5th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Yes, pictures would be great. Not that we don't believe you, but pictures are an awesome way to track growth.

Also, are you measuring from the same spot each time (forehead to back)? As that can vary depending on where you measure.

If it works for you, good for you.

I just think patience and not pushing the hair (benign neglect) is still the best way to go. :flower:

Did you by chance have a protective style in recently? As those can tug at the root a bit and might give the impression of a lot of growth.

Aerya
October 5th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Like others say, it could be a growth spurth that would have happened anyway, or due to something else than your treatments. Hair growth isn't always linear.

However, I don't think all remedies and tricks to spur faster growth is complete BS - even if you are reasonably healthy (for this day and age, anyway) it might not be optimal for hair growth. Because that's what it's about - maximizing your potential. For me, I notice faster growth when I eat enough, take my vitamins, and get the blood flowing. My workout regimen includes lots of upside down action and while the evidence is anecdotal at best, I'm fairly certain that has made my hair grow faster. In the same way I think upside down massages and things like peppermint essential oils and ginger may be beneficial, but it's not a magic cure in itself. :)

Andthetalltrees
October 5th, 2018, 01:19 PM
My hair seems to only grow one to two weeks out of the month, It's an odd pattern but it's definitely how it's been for a few years(Since i've been keeping track). I,E it maintains basically the same length, then it suddenly grows whatever it will that month then back to stalling until next month, It defintely grows unevenly too. I wouldn't say it's a definite correlation until it's happened consistently with the same supplement

Ylva
October 5th, 2018, 02:59 PM
The fastest growth I've managed to get was around 1 cm in a week's time, which I know to be true since it was right after I'd gotten my roots done. I achieved it with the inversion method, although I did it in a very halfassed manner. However, I was never able to recreate that result, so I think it's possible that your hair growth will slow down again after this spurt, if it indeed was caused by these ingredients.

Aredhel
October 5th, 2018, 03:08 PM
There's always about a 0.5-1 inch discrepancy in my length measurements everytime I measure, just because it's hard to measure from the exact same spot every single time. Just saying. :) I would like to see pictures of this as well.

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:08 PM
I didnt take pictures but I locked my hair. I have microlocks. 500 of them. I took measurements when I tightened my hair. Meaning I had no new growth. I took measurements on specific locs. 14 of them and these are the 14 areas I usually measure to see my average growth. Its fine if you dont believe me. Its not that huge of a big deal. In not the healthiest person in fact this past few weeks i gained weight from eating so much out of depression. But maybe it is. We will see.

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:09 PM
I have microlocks. So its always the exact same spot. But I noticed in certain areas of my head. My hair grows faster and in other areas it grows slower if that makes sense. I don't have pictures. I just took measurements. But its fine no biggy lol

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Fair enough I thought that as well but ive been having a bad month lately because I gained 10 pounds stuffing my face with fat food amd going to gym less. We will see if the growth spurt continues

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:17 PM
I think you can be patuent while trying to cut the time down. Its mostly ur attitude thats important. I get excited not annoyed rustrated. Always looking to do things with my hair. Also I locked my hair and I do a lot of headwraps when I go out.

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Monistat worked but people don't bottle it up for hair growth. Lots of things work but not everything gets bottled up because thered still ideas that needs to be begun by somebody. Besides that I wouldnt be surprised if it was already bottled up but there is so many hair products that claim hair growth. Its hard to pick out from the thousands.

*Wednesday*
October 5th, 2018, 06:33 PM
This is not a community where we ridicule people's weight. We are here to admire hair, of all kinds. If you don't want to post a pic, you don't. You can measure your locs. Have someone do a length check up close with a ruler. I personally love her loc's (see vid). I don't know....if you are trying something to grow your hair, maybe take pics to show evidence of it working making a claim with onion etc and share the progress. Especially with this community. We're skeptical. It's not that we *don't* want to believe you but in light of urban legends, it's nice to have the backup if you are going to make a claim. The burden of proof is on you. If you are depressed, maybe find some counseling. Just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW1ApemIdXI

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Fair enough. Ill take pictures of my roots. When I get my next retightining. Easier to see growth. And yeah counseling is to expensive lol. Ill figure it out.

ursaV
October 5th, 2018, 08:58 PM
I hope the growth keeps up for you! I'm not brave enough to try onion juice but I do steep some mint I grow in my backyard for my hair and it smells soooo refreshing.

https://www.downvids.net/video/faceimage/img-119735856.jpg

"Ogres are like onions" -Shrek
Maybe it's just because you're "LittleOgre" the onions just love you :cool:

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 10:43 PM
I'm trying menthol be ause I heard it stimulates ur scalp... As well and its given me such a huge headache! I'm making it less strong next time. And onion juice isnt as bad as you think. Its a slight tingle and That's it.