PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Hair fall

Kiisu
October 5th, 2018, 06:31 AM
I put conditioner I see a lot of hair fall out why ? :( U have same problem or its is normal ?
Never put conditioner scalp only ends .

lapushka
October 5th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Maybe it's fall shed? Or the bleach you use?

Is it abnormal shedding, or have you had this before? If your hair isn't thinning out, I wouldn't worry about it.

I would, however, watch out with the bleach (that I'm sorry to say could be the biggest culprit here), and use Olaplex for instance.

ETA/

It has to be something you put on your scalp, and since you don't put conditioner on the scalp, it can't be the conditioner - at all.

Kiisu
October 5th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Maybe it's fall shed? Or the bleach you use?

Is it abnormal shedding, or have you had this before? If your hair isn't thinning out, I wouldn't worry about it.

I would, however, watch out with the bleach (that I'm sorry to say could be the biggest culprit here), and use Olaplex for instance.

ETA/

It has to be something you put on your scalp, and since you don't put conditioner on the scalp, it can't be the conditioner - at all.

No i dont bleach anymore since january ... Now falling like 8 months...

MusicalSpoons
October 5th, 2018, 08:30 AM
No i dont bleach anymore since january ... Now falling like 8 months...

Hmm. Did anything change in January or just before?

It could be your scalp had a reaction to the bleach and caused the hair to shed, or it could be something medical, or it could be something else such as exposure to something your scalp reacted to. Or you might have only started noticing shedding hair in January (I never took any notice of how much hair I shed before I found this website).

Do you know if the shedding is making your hair thinner than it was before?

Kiisu
October 5th, 2018, 08:50 AM

It could be your scalp had a reaction to the bleach and caused the hair to shed, or it could be something medical, or it could be something else such as exposure to something your scalp reacted to. Or you might have only started noticing shedding hair in January (I never took any notice of how much hair I shed before I found this website).

Little bit tinner yes but my hair is not dry only soft and shinning idk why shedding then but i have little white bulbs roots too .. and i dont wash so often hair like i was 2x weeks.

Kiisu
October 5th, 2018, 08:58 AM

After bleaching :(

OhSuzi
October 5th, 2018, 10:09 AM
after reading various threads on this site - I have learned that nearly all of us have moments where we have this concern and usually it turns out we are ok

people lose about 100 hairs on average naturally a day through shedding.
And naturally shed hairs often have the tiny white dot at the root end - or at least mine do......?
(google it you'll see that the tiny bulb bit is naturally what happens)

It may seem like your hair is falling out - but it isn't any more than usual really if:

- You are relatively new to the idea of really looking after & growing your hair and talking about it on here - you become much more aware of the state of your hair and perhaps it always shed this much but you did not really notice before.

- You are used to shorter hair and have only just grown your hair beyond your shoulders, longer hairs seem to make shedding much more obvious, but it is probably the same amount as before.

- If you are no longer bleaching, it may again be that darker thicker hairs are more noticeable than thinner bleached ones so it seems like more but it's the same as always.

- You have started stretching your washes and you use a hair brush less frequently - Since being on Long Hair Community I wear my hair up & dont wash it for three or four days then when I have a shower - I panic that it's all coming out - then remember there should be about 300 - 500 shed hairs stuck in there.
you said you wash your hair 2 x a week so that is about the same as me.

If it only happens when you put conditioner on the ends - is it sometimes the hair breaking off just above the ends because bleach damage has weakened it slightly?
I understand you have stopped bleaching now - but any hair that is already thinned/damaged by bleach will remain so.

- If you wear damaging hair elastics / clips etc. use hair straightners & heat tools - these will cause more damage too.

If when you wash you get like a big amount of hairs out the first / second time from all over and then say just 1 - 3 hairs after that keep catching round your hands etc - it's probably normal.
If big visable hair tufts are constantly falling out all over every time / you run hands through a small section of hair and lots come out / you notice your hair thinning and you can see your scalp - then it is possibly something ?

an alergic reaction / something not right in your diet? / maybe some kind of stress condition??
Go to the doctors if it is really troubling you
and / or keep an eye on it - maybe keep your shed hairs for a month or so to see how much it is each time / if it's consistant / getting worse.
Maybe take a pic of your scalp every month - if obvious thinning patches appear you'll be able to see, or hoepfully you'll see that the pics are consistant and any shed hairs are being replaced by new ones & its all natural process.
But try not to obsess over it - if you can't tell any changes easily from the above you're probably ok?

akurah
October 5th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Depending on how often you wash your hair it could just be normal shed that didn’t fall during the week. I very rarely wash and when I do, the hairball I collect after would give any LHCer a nightmare because it’s so big.

lapushka
October 5th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Depending on how often you wash your hair it could just be normal shed that didn’t fall during the week. I very rarely wash and when I do, the hairball I collect after would give any LHCer a nightmare because it’s so big.

I weekly wash, and entire hamsters come out when I wash, pre-wash, during the wash, and after the wash, that all combined and it's a guinea pig size ball.