PDA

View Full Version : Finally figured out the frizz! (Plus some help with hairtyping)

Emma Rose
October 5th, 2018, 01:32 AM
So, I think I've finally figured out why my hair's so frizzy. But first, let me give some backstory.

When I was about 3-4, I had the prettiest loose curls in my hair, however, these quickly disappeared as I got older and by the time I was 6, they were completely gone and I was left with hair nearly dead straight. When I got to about 10, I decided I wanted my curls back and got it into my head that my hip length hair was to blame for my curls leaving. I cut my hair to APL and eventually, CBL. Yet still, my hair didn't even have much of a wave. Then when I was 12-13, my hair suddenly frizzed up and I had no idea why. Essentially overnight, it had gotten wavy, frizzy and thick.

So a few weeks ago, I decided to just wash my hair, no combing or towel drying after getting out the shower and boy, was I surprised! My frizzy, fluffy, poofy hair actually had WAVES AND SOME LOOSE CURLS!
(my hair was a little damp in these photos)
https://imgur.com/a/iFegek5
https://imgur.com/a/oIQ1HsD
https://imgur.com/a/H516WPP

So now I have a question, could I have some help with hairtyping please?

Estrid
October 5th, 2018, 01:47 AM
Your hair looks curly to me, so I'd say it looks 3a. I'm no expert though, I guess it could be 2c/3a.

It's fascinating to me how hair can change texture, and how caring for it in different ways can bring it out.

lapushka
October 5th, 2018, 04:49 AM
That looks 2c/3a to me to the side of 3a. You have some waves and some curls in there, half half almost. So that is the only reason I didn't say full 3a, otherwise I might have.

spidermom
October 5th, 2018, 10:07 AM
I'll go with 3a.

elfynity
October 5th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Wow your hair looks alot like mine curl wise! Definitly nothing less than 2c in my opinion.

LittleOgre
October 5th, 2018, 06:21 PM
I heard that when you wash your hair. Put a leave in conditioner immediately after or something that will lock in your spopping wet hair. And you will see curls. Even 4c girls have seen curls with this method

lithostoic
October 5th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Beautiful!

gingham_bay
October 5th, 2018, 08:18 PM
I'd go with what is said above, but I'd like to add that I think you have very pretty hair! It's a very nice color and I love the curls that you can begin to see

Alex Lou
October 5th, 2018, 10:47 PM
Wow, beautiful curls! Congratulations.

lapushka
October 6th, 2018, 08:09 AM
I heard that when you wash your hair. Put a leave in conditioner immediately after or something that will lock in your spopping wet hair. And you will see curls. Even 4c girls have seen curls with this method

Unfortunately for a hairtyping picture you can't "enhance" the pattern in any way. :)

Emma Rose
October 6th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Beautiful!
Thanks you!

I'd go with what is said above, but I'd like to add that I think you have very pretty hair! It's a very nice color and I love the curls that you can begin to see
Thanks so much! My colour's all natural and I love it!

Wow, beautiful curls! Congratulations.
Thanks!

Thank you so much to everyone for your help. Before I tried this, I simply thought I was a very frizzy 2a, which I know now isn't the case. Thanks again to everyone who replied!

leayellena
October 7th, 2018, 02:07 AM
it seems to me you have 2c/3a or even 3a. scrunching may help.

ok I firstly thought u got 2b/2c. that's nice to see u must have wavier hair than I thought to be classified as 1c/2a hihi. finally I am 1c and enjoying having straigh hair :D