PDA

View Full Version : Facial/Hair sprays

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 3rd, 2018, 09:32 PM
So, this might be silly. But I was thinking.
anyone use Mario badescu facial sprays? Or any sort of refresh sprays?
I own the rose water and the lavender scented formulas.
i never use them on my skin, ever. They just don’t do anything for me.
but I was wondering if it was possible to use these kind of sprays on the hair?
im thinking to refresh day 2-3 hair. Because my hair gets dry over time.

Here’s the ingredients for the rose water spray:
Aqua (Water, Eau), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rosa Canina Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1).

and these are the ingredients for the lavender scented version:

Aqua (Water, Eau), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Zeolite, Sodium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, CI 60730 (Violet 2).

it looks like the lavender has some form of a sulphate ??

any opinions? I’m tired of wasting products!!

poli
October 3rd, 2018, 11:18 PM
I like facial sprays, but you are right some of them just do nothing for skin. If you already have two you might as well try them on your hair. I saw someone recommending it as a hydrating step before putting on the hair oil.

paulownia
October 3rd, 2018, 11:40 PM
Those are both very nice formulations. I wouldn't mind using them on skin or hair.
Sodium sulfate, present in the lavender version is a salt. It's almost on the end of ingredient list so it shouldn't be a problem.
In the first one you have sodium chloride. Also a salt:D

cupcake_drgn
October 4th, 2018, 05:08 AM
I reuse old n.y.x face spray bottles to make my own water! (they only hold about 3 days, before the water stagnates. but since they are only oil + water, I feel totally ok about using them). My general recipe is : 1-2 drops essential oil of choice, 50ml water. close cap tightly and shake. voila~

lapushka
October 4th, 2018, 09:09 AM
So, this might be silly. But I was thinking.
anyone use Mario badescu facial sprays? Or any sort of refresh sprays?
I own the rose water and the lavender scented formulas.
i never use them on my skin, ever. They just don’t do anything for me.
but I was wondering if it was possible to use these kind of sprays on the hair?
im thinking to refresh day 2-3 hair. Because my hair gets dry over time.

Here’s the ingredients for the rose water spray:
Aqua (Water, Eau), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rosa Canina Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1).

and these are the ingredients for the lavender scented version:

Aqua (Water, Eau), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Zeolite, Sodium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, CI 60730 (Violet 2).

it looks like the lavender has some form of a sulphate ??

any opinions? I’m tired of wasting products!!

These sprays are quite popular. I can't use even water on the face or it will dry my skin out, not to mention those sprays. So I stay miles away from them, but then I don't wear make-up either (foundation and the like).

They are OK for the hair, if they don't contain a drying alcohol (but some people don't even mind that), and they appear to not have that.

I would not worry about the "sulfate" late on the list, it doesn't act like a "wash" ingredient, I don't think, but I will stand corrected.

You could use these as refresher sprays, for sure! :) :thumbsup:

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 4th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Those are both very nice formulations. I wouldn't mind using them on skin or hair.
Sodium sulfate, present in the lavender version is a salt. It's almost on the end of ingredient list so it shouldn't be a problem.
In the first one you have sodium chloride. Also a salt:D

Oh good to know! I would imagine with multiple uses it would begin to dry my hair out but.
Sometimes I get day 4-5 hair, I stretch washes pretty long sometimes.
So it would be nice to have a product that leaves a nice scent without weighing me down.