PDA

View Full Version : The confessions of hair neglect. :(

Starchild494
October 2nd, 2018, 08:55 AM
I have neglected my hair for a bit... Life for in the busy lane and my hair took the brunt of the busy time, sadly. I stopped regularly oiling my hair... And only did w.c. I started to notice that my scalp became a itchy scabby mess! So irritating! My hair became dull and just bleh.... I left it up most of the time so I wouldn't have to deal and look at it.

Then I made myself look and I mean really look at My hair... It was a mess, dry, sad looking tired looking mess! Probably reflected my attitude at the time. So, I said "star.... Look at that mess... You can either state at it or do something about it...

So I made a egg mask.... Took some time to myself and made my hair almost to the way it was!

Ylva
October 2nd, 2018, 09:09 AM
What a great attitude, and awesome that your hair appreciated the treatment. :)

I also neglected my hair for years and years due to depression. Luckily, during that time it grew to hip without me even noticing.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2018, 10:14 AM
There's something called "benign neglect" but I'm sure that's not what you meant. :)

I'm glad you got a chance to pamper it!

MemeAimee
October 4th, 2018, 10:47 PM
This makes me want to go take care of my hair! I used to do oiling before every shampoo for the longest time and my hair was looking the best it ever had, then depression caused me to stop and it became a frizzy mess again, especially now that it's damaged again. :(

ArtOfNoot
September 2nd, 2020, 02:11 AM
I neglected my hair for about 2 months after I broke up with my ex. I just wore it on the top of my head in the same messy bun everyday. I hardly brushed it and whenever I got a bad knot, I would just sweep it back up into my bun so I could deal with it another day. I overwashed because I felt better when I showered (ended up washing everyday and seriously ramping up my sebum production). I also never S&Ded or Deep Conditioned . At one point I went through all my shampoo and used *shudder* pure castile soap.