PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins and hair shedding .

Kiisu
September 28th, 2018, 04:35 AM
Can one take different pills at the same time Like multivitamins,omega3,Silica complex,Biotin ? Or take better Morning Multivitamins,silica and in the afternoon Biotin,Omega 3 ?

My hair starting shedding at January(after bleaching) :( never stop i dont know why and i dont use anymore silicone and sulfate . I use mask 1x weeks and moisture/protein too nothing helping me ..I have so much baby hairs but i dont want lose thickness . What i need to stopping hair shedding ? My hair is so weak when is wet breaks easily .

Sorry my English is not good.I hope someone understand me.

guska
September 28th, 2018, 05:16 AM
Maybe you're shedding because of the bleach? I'm not a bleach expert, so I'll leave that bit for someone else to answer :rolleyes:

I would recommend you get a blood work done, and see if you actually lack any nutrients, instead of randomly swallowing some pills. Unless you actually are vitamin/mineral deficient, pills won't do much for your hair, and may even cause some unwanted side effects, like acne.

Stress is another factor that can cause excessive shedding. Also, take care of your body, eat healthy, keep yourself hydrated, get enough sleep... The list goes on and on ;)

Joules
September 28th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Biotin and Omega 3 are definitely ok to take at the same time with the multivitamin, I'm not sure about silica, does it interfere with absorption of other nutrients? If not, it's ok to just take everything in the morning and not think about it for the rest of the day.

Also, I suggest looking at your shed hairs closely, do they have a tiny white bulb on one end? If so, go on with the supplements, maybe even go to the doctor and have a blood test done. If both ends look identical, it's just breakage from bleach, and in this case I'm afraid there's not much you can do beside not bleaching it anymore.

lapushka
September 28th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Hate to burst the bubble, but you can't combat something with vitamins if you are chemically processing the hair. The vitamins, yes, will probably affect the new growth but it's not going to help the hair that's on your head (the length I mean).

Also, I doubt that going silicone-free is such a good idea with bleach-processed hair. But it's up to you. I'll explain what I mean. Silicones make the bleached hair smoother thus limiting mechanical wear and tear to your hair strands. It's really beneficial.

Can you, at all, stop bleaching as much? I know when I bleached I lost tons of hair.

Kiisu
September 28th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Yes i have white bulb only.

Ylva
September 28th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Also, I doubt that going silicone-free is such a good idea with bleach-processed hair. But it's up to you. I'll explain what I mean. Silicones make the bleached hair smoother thus limiting mechanical wear and tear to your hair strands. It's really beneficial.

It can be good, but I agree that it's not for everyone. As someone with bleached hair that gets very dry the lower you go, I find that washing the lengths as little as possible is essential for me, so while my washes focus on the scalp and roots, it's important that the lengths accumulate as little buildup as possible, so that I can avoid washing them. But this is certainly a different kind of approach and can interfere with stuff like purple shampoo if one needs to use that on all the hair. I personally don't due to porosity differences.

Dark40
September 28th, 2018, 07:44 PM
I agree with lapushka. You shouldn't avoid silicones all together with bleached hair. The silicones is what makes the hair smoother, healthier, and shinier. I also agree that taking vitamins won't help the hair that's on your head. It will help with growth and it will slow down the shedding but you are shedding because of the bleaching. I would get a blood work done to have your nutrient dificencies checked.

Doreen
September 28th, 2018, 07:58 PM
You say your hair breaks easily when wet. Do you brush it wet? That can cause breakage, as can using fluffy terry towels, wringing your hair, or putting it in a tight ponytail before it dries.

Kiisu
September 29th, 2018, 04:12 AM
No i dont brush wet hair NEVER ! :D