PDA

View Full Version : Crescent shaped: what size?

Doreen
September 26th, 2018, 05:03 PM
I've been wanting to get a crescent-shaped fork (stick?!) for a while now, but not sure what size I need. If you have one, what size is it, and what is your minimum size stick?

(The very minimum length of sticks I can use is 5 inches, but I don't think I need a 5 inch moon? My buns are usually between 4.5" and 5" wide.)

Edit -- I meant to put this in the Conventional Products and Accessories forum. Ooops :(

Corvana
September 27th, 2018, 12:14 AM
This thread made me pull out my moon to see if I could actually use it yet :laugh:

I can! It's 3.5" across, I believe? I'm loathe to take it down now, because I'm wondering how long it'll stay. It doesn't feel 100% secure, as I think I do still need another inch or two. But my shortest stick is 5 1/4" long, and I'd say it's about 1/4" too short. My bun loops often slip off it a little bit.

For the moon, I think it's more making sure your hair is long enough for it. Like sure this is "small" in terms of a straight stick, but it requires IMO more security to use (aka more length to wrap around the base of your bun, or pins, or a ponytail holder for the base).

I also just measured my LWB, just straight across the width, and it was a smidge over 5". This is the only bun I can get held with the moon, as my disc bun becomes too loose as I try to work the fork in. These are the only two buns I can do right now, at BSL.

Doreen
November 28th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Well, I've just purchased a 4.4" moon from WoodBerryArt. It's very beautiful and I hope it will fit. Honestly if it doesn't fit, I might do a bit of a trim to make it fit. I'm really excited though!. Here is the one I bought:
https://i.etsystatic.com/15661830/r/il/37a83b/1749443891/il_fullxfull.1749443891_e5cg.jpg

mwallingford
November 28th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Well, I've just purchased a 4.4" moon from WoodBerryArt. It's very beautiful and I hope it will fit. Honestly if it doesn't fit, I might do a bit of a trim to make it fit. I'm really excited though!. Here is the one I bought:
https://i.etsystatic.com/15661830/r/il/37a83b/1749443891/il_fullxfull.1749443891_e5cg.jpg

That cresent/moon fork/stick is stunning! :thud: Congratulations on your purchase!

Doreen
November 28th, 2018, 08:13 PM
That cresent/moon fork/stick is stunning! :thud: Congratulations on your purchase!

Thanks!!! If there's any hairtoy that's worthy of a trim for me to make it fit, I think it's definitely this one.

Groovy Granny
November 28th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Yay,you got it :thumbsup:
That is the prettiest moon I have ever seen and it will look amazing in your hair :love:
Enjoy; can't wait for pics :popcorn:

MoonChildCurls
November 30th, 2018, 01:29 PM
That's gorgeous! I hadn't seen these moons until recently and now really *need* one.