PDA

View Full Version : Stress and shedding

M.McDonough
September 26th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Has anyone experienced shedding due to stress? I just hate stress, it makes life more difficult than it already is :angry::angry:
Share your experience
1. When did you experience that?
2. What are your ways to alleviate stress?
3. How did you deal with the problem?
4. Was the cause stress or something else?
5. How'd you know that you were shedding a lot?

lapushka
September 26th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Have you been shedding more? Because it's fall, and fall means more shedding for quite a bunch of people.

Have you been under a lot of stress, or do you think it might be the seasonal changes?

M.McDonough
September 26th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Have you been shedding more? Because it's fall, and fall means more shedding for quite a bunch of people.

Have you been under a lot of stress, or do you think it might be the seasonal changes?

I can totally blame it on stress because honestly I've been stressed and desperate for the past 22 months. By the way, it's still summer where I live. It's not fall

Ylva
September 26th, 2018, 04:05 PM
I've experienced eyelash shedding due to stress, but not head hair shedding. That stress lasted for over half a year and during the last few weeks I also got a type of a rash because of it, stress hives I think they are called. It was because of exams, so the only way I could try and alleviate the stress was by trying to stick to my study schedule and thus feeling more prepared and like I had worked for it and would do okay. These days I would probably try yoga or something like that, or going for walks.

Doreen
September 26th, 2018, 04:08 PM
In 2014 I had 2 deaths in the family. There wasn't much I could do to stop my grief, or the shed. I had thick iii hair before and by spring of 2015 my hair was ii, not at all sparse but just less than I had before. I only noticed when I did a ponytail and instead of twisting the elastic 2 times, I had to twist it 3, so a lot had already been lost by that point. Since then I did several trims to let the hair catch up, and now it is mostly back to how it used to be.

illicitlizard
September 27th, 2018, 04:53 AM
I wouldn't even know if I was shedding more due to stress! I'm completely stressed out almost constantly. I did have an extra bad week about a month ago but luckily my hair feels the same.

M.McDonough
September 27th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Any follow up, members?

Dark40
September 27th, 2018, 07:57 PM
I've experienced a lot of stress and hair shedding. To alleviate the stress I take medication for it, and I try relaxing methods.

hoggle
September 27th, 2018, 08:35 PM
i stress shed...when I was younger it was just like whatever
but i have hairloss now beyond stress (a lot of other health problems..which causes STRESS)
you might want to look up telogen effluvium. there's forums etc dedicated to it online
or not, might just stress you out :p

Blondie Locks
September 27th, 2018, 09:38 PM
Yes, I have experienced shedding and hair loss. I knew it was crazy because it was way more hair than what was my norm. I’m talking gobs of it.

It was about 3 years ago, when I had an unexpected heart attack. About 3 months later I started losing hair. Thank goodness it only lasted for a few weeks and then it went back to just my normal shedding.

My doctor told me that when the body goes through a trauma or if you experience long term stress, that hair loss can be the result for many people. It doesn’t mean that if you have a stressful week, you’re gonna start losing hair. It’s long term stress that persists and goes on indefinitely...this is what can affect your hair. It doesn’t happen instantly however, or at the exact time when the stress started. It happens several weeks to several months after the trauma or stress began, my previous cardiologist told me.

I have never had that kind of hair loss before but thankfully I have thick hair so it didn’t make me noticeably thinner. I was so grateful when it stopped. I was even more grateful to be alive!

It’s best to rid serious stress from our lives, as it can have a huge effect on our hair as well as our bodies. If only people knew how serious it can hurt us...affecting far more than just our hair. Long term stress is a killer. Find peace and relax. :)

M.McDonough
September 28th, 2018, 08:56 AM
In 2014 I had 2 deaths in the family. There wasn't much I could do to stop my grief, or the shed. I had thick iii hair before and by spring of 2015 my hair was ii, not at all sparse but just less than I had before. I only noticed when I did a ponytail and instead of twisting the elastic 2 times, I had to twist it 3, so a lot had already been lost by that point. Since then I did several trims to let the hair catch up, and now it is mostly back to how it used to be.

Sorry to hear that!

M.McDonough
September 28th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Looks like members have abandoned this forum

lapushka
September 28th, 2018, 09:39 AM

It's not instant. It's not a chatroom. It can take a long time for people to react to posts.

Ylva
September 28th, 2018, 12:48 PM

You've gotten several replies. What are you after?