PDA

View Full Version : Product Shower Storage

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 25th, 2018, 09:50 PM
This might be kind of silly but I’m wondering what kind of set up you guys have in your shower to hold the products you want to try or what you’re going to use next?

Tbh I often change up what I’m using, it’s nevee the same conditioner with every wash.
Sometimes I change up my shampoo multiple times in a week. Depending.
So for me, I have everything set up on a shelf next to the tub, but while I’m showering, it’s a bit difficult to reach things, so now I’m “selecting” what I want to use before I shower, then grabbing them and sticking what I picked in the caddy that hangs from the shower head. But now even this is getting cumbersome and I kind of want to make everything easily accessible while I’m in the shower lol

whats your set up?
do you pick out what you want to use before every wash? Lol

Ylva
September 25th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Things that are in "frequent use" (or that's how I like to think) are just stationed on the floor. Because of the stupid shower door things that look like some kind of capsule, I can't bother to have anything on the actual shelf I have there, besides it's so cold out there. Things that are not yet in use are just... somewhere in the house.

Doreen
September 25th, 2018, 10:33 PM
I have a cabinet in my bathroom where I keep all the products I'm not using and then I have a metal organizer with 2 shelves for all my current products. I also put stuff on the corners of the tub. Total I can fit 10ish bottles so I can decide in the moment. If it's not in my shower when I want to use it, as soon as I finish, I get it from the cabinet and put it in the shower for next time. But with 10 bottles I rarely have to do that.

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 25th, 2018, 10:43 PM
I have a cabinet in my bathroom where I keep all the products I'm not using and then I have a metal organizer with 2 shelves for all my current products. I also put stuff on the corners of the tub. Total I can fit 10ish bottles so I can decide in the moment. If it's not in my shower when I want to use it, as soon as I finish, I get it from the cabinet and put it in the shower for next time. But with 10 bottles I rarely have to do that.

Yeah I wish we had a regular shower again.
We have a real neat claw foot tub and it’s cool and all but there’s no storage space at all!

lakhesis
September 25th, 2018, 11:29 PM
I have a bath tub with shower, so stuff I use is just on the side of bath tub. And my stash of products is stored in the shelf elsewhere.

akurah
September 26th, 2018, 12:08 AM
They make shower curtains with pockets, perhaps that can help some?

Joules
September 26th, 2018, 01:29 AM
I freed up some space in my cupboard earlier this year and I keep all the extra "beauty stuff" there. If I'm trying something out and/or I'm not going to use the same stuff twice, I may just wipe it with a towel afterwards and put it back in the cupboard.I don't want to keep all of my things in the bathroom, because it gets way too hot there, and cosmetic products don't like hot environments and drastic temperature changes.

TreesOfEternity
September 26th, 2018, 02:26 AM
I tend to rotate between different products each wash, so I have several bottles and jars on the corners of the bath tub and on three shelves that are next to the tub (where you would have your towel rack) as well.

Nini
September 26th, 2018, 06:15 AM
I had a shelf built in when I remodeled my bathroom a few years ago. Now, I'm low maintenance, so I have the one shampoo I use, another I bought on vacation that I don't like for my hair but is good for shaving my legs whenever I get around to that. There's a wash'n'go a guest left at some point. And a jar of CV scrub. My CV bar lives on the little soap holder on my shower set up.

That's it :)

Zesty
September 26th, 2018, 06:41 AM
I have too many products... We have a hanging shower caddy with two shelves and some hooks, and also a three tier metal stand that sits on the floor. (Our shower is just a stall without a bathtub and it's rather large.) And I keep a plastic basket of extra stuff in our closet next to the bathroom. I'm definitely guilty of the stereotypical female sin of buying products specially formulated for my left elbow.

I'm working on using it all up and simplifying, please don't judge me. :p

lapushka
September 26th, 2018, 07:21 AM
I have a bathroom cabinet. And with my stash, there's now a few stackable boxes in front of it. :o Yeah, I have an issue. I have used up 29 products so far this year, and barely bought some (contrary to other years), so I'm good. I just put what I'm currently using in the top box and rotate if I can, but I try using up what I open up first (as much as possible).

illicitlizard
September 26th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Omg that sounds so tiring, all my products are on the floor in the corner of my shower... the only hair stuff I have is one normal shampoo and conditioner, and one anti-dandruff shampoo. They just chill there with my face wash and body wash haha. All the product testing chaos is skincare and makeup related for me :P

nycelle
September 26th, 2018, 07:27 AM
My bathroom in the city is tiny, not much space at all. I had my hubs mount a glass shelf at about 5 feet, and right next to the shower. All I have to do is reach out and grab a product. That's where I keep my most used items. It holds a mix of 7-8 bottles.
The others are on the edge of the tub, and in my caddy over the shower. Products I don't use or very rarely use, are under the sink.

At the house we built a large 7 foot shower when we were renovating. But, for whatever reason, I didn't consider storage a priority so we just had a small niche built in - enough for most people, but not me.
It does have a bench though, so that's where I've been keeping everything.

MoreSky
September 26th, 2018, 07:57 AM
I’m imagining how big the perfect LHC shower would be ...

kph12
September 26th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I have a shower shelf where I store my shampoo and conditioners. It's a stretch but I can fit my sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, my clarifying shampoo, and two deep conditioners on the shelf. Then I keep my oil treatments on my vanity since I do oil treatments on dry hair anyways.

EdG
September 26th, 2018, 08:29 AM
My shower has a small shelf that holds a bottle of shampoo that I use as a body wash. This is like a cosmic alignment between the water-only washing and decluttering/minimalist threads. :meditate:
Ed

nycelle
September 26th, 2018, 08:34 AM
My shower has a small shelf that holds a bottle of shampoo that I use as a body wash. This is like a cosmic alignment between the water-only washing and decluttering/minimalist threads. :meditate:
Ed

yeah... no, that wouldn't work for me.. i need options.. lots of options. :shrug:

MusicalSpoons
September 26th, 2018, 09:16 AM
We have a shower over the bathtub, and a basket that sits suspended across the top of the bath widthways so the idea was to keep everything in there. In reality I keep my products within arm's reach based on whether I mostly use them facing the shower or with my back to it (I use a stool which makes turning round tricky!) So a few are in the basket, a couple are on the edge of the bath, and the ones that are used less frequently go back in my drawer in my bedroom in order to not take up too much space.

Platzhalter
September 27th, 2018, 07:30 AM
I have a small basket for all the standard items (shampoo, conidtioner, shower gel/soap) that's usually sitting on the edge of our bathtub (since we don't have a separate shower). Doesn't take that much space and can easily be put somewhere else when needed ;)

spidermom
September 27th, 2018, 09:50 AM
I generally have 2 shampoos and 1 or 2 conditioners, plus a bottle of shower gel, and it all fits in the indention that holds products on the back wall of the tub/shower.

daisy rei
September 27th, 2018, 09:57 AM
These Hasko things (https://www.amazon.com/HASKO-accessories-Stainless-Bathroom-Rustproof/dp/B0746XTSHC/)from Amazon were an absolute lifesaver for me.

I'm not someone that keeps a lot of stuff in the shower though. It always grosses me out to think about water/soap residue building up on plastic bottles. I remember finding an earwig underneath a shampoo bottle I hadn't used for a while and I learned my lesson from that, lol.

daisy rei
September 27th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Ed

Sounds like a very peaceful shower. ;) Just looking at TorrinPaige's overcrowded bathroom in her videos gives me anxiety, haha.

EdG
September 27th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Sounds like a very peaceful shower. ;) Just looking at TorrinPaige's overcrowded bathroom in her videos gives me anxiety, haha.I like the minimalism. Plus, it is impossible to grab the wrong bottle. :lol:
Ed

g_lou
September 27th, 2018, 02:50 PM
There's a very basic plastic basket (with a few holes drilled in the bottom for drainage) full of conditioner that lives on my shower floor. I'm picturing everyone's very organised, well stocked shelves/drawers and I'm getting jealous.

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 27th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Im wondering if I should install a shelf closer to the shower head. Not everything is in arms reach when im in my shower and it irritates me.

Doreen
September 27th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Yeah I wish we had a regular shower again.
We have a real neat claw foot tub and it’s cool and all but there’s no storage space at all!

Wow I really like the look of clawfoot tubs but never thought about the storage aspect!
Assuming the showerhead is over the tub and not a separate stall, could you get something like this (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1258/0483/products/CC2158_FT_7526eff4-933b-4a60-876d-1946a0cd4800_2000x.jpg) and push it to the far end of the tub to get more storage space?

KameRose
January 21st, 2021, 03:13 AM
Thread bump.

I'm currently working on redoing my product storage.

I originally started out with just a couple products on the ledge of the tub in the corners. Since I prefer to bathe I can't use the built in shelf by the bathroom window. But once I started actually paying attention to my hair I quickly out grew that.

Then I got one of those OXO corner shelves that stick to the wall. I put it in the corner furthest away from the showerhead and it was great for a while then it started to get really grody with all the soap scum and such. I'd have to take it all apart and clean everything, just so gross.

I eventually decided that having a storage solution on the outside of the tub would be for the best. I ended up screwing a wire basket to the side of the vanity, which is right next to the tub. This is my current storage solution. Unfortunately this means that while it get protection from soap scum, it will now get splatters from teeth brushing.... I think I need to get them an umbrella. Does anyone have an umbrella for thier products?

So even though I have a large basket to fit several bottles of various product I still found myself putting bottles in front of the basket and taking bottles out of the closet for a wash. :doh: So a while ago(like well over a year ago) i bought like 30 bottles(ok a bit of an exaggeration) with the idea that I would put all my different shampoos and conditioners in them so I could have a bit of almost everything out and available for me while I'm bathing. That way I hopefully don't have to leave huge puddles of water on the bathroom floor as I go to dig in the closet for the desired product. Now that I actually have a bunch of those hand soap bottles empty I can move ahead with my organization plans. Over the weekend I washed everything up, put most of the products back in the closet, and removed the labels on the soap bottles. I am so excited to start the process of transferring all the shampoo and conditioner into them now.

I haven't gotten very far yet TBH. I'm having some trouble with transferring the conditioner. Does anyone have any tips on how transfer conditioner? Or does anyone cut thier conditioner down a bit so it can pour or go through the pump easier?

But then I realized that I still need to figure something out for my oils and solids. So I procured some travel sized sets of lotion/soaps(which I now need to empty) from the dollar store that have a similar-ish shape to the soap bottles and some travel jars. Now, I may be over thinking this because I have some small glass bottles(0.5oz) and a couple vacuum pump bottles(1.7oz and 4oz) on the way as well. So much for the sleek cohesive look I was going for. I think I may need to add in a new basket....

Any who, some visual aids. Some before and after shots of my current set up. One taken Saturday morning the other today.

https://i.imgur.com/IwGFhSQm.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/IwGFhSQl.jpg) https://i.imgur.com/yaj9EnUm.jpg (https://imgur.com/yaj9EnU)

https://i.imgur.com/tD3kHBJm.jpg (https://imgur.com/tD3kHBJ) https://i.imgur.com/MDp7uFOm.jpg (https://imgur.com/MDp7uFO)

It still needs work and honestly will probably be quite a while before it's completed. But I am very pleased by my current progress. Sorry for the long ramblely post.

Anyone else want to share thier bath/shower storage solutions? I'd love to see them. :popcorn:

Bri-Chan
January 21st, 2021, 06:15 AM
I just put the products I'm going to use on the shelf in the shower.

Bat
January 21st, 2021, 06:47 AM
I... Have so much stuff it's in my clothing drawers + under my bed in a large plastic storage container, I only keep what I'm actively using in the shower oon this white rollable trolly with holes in it so the water drains through

Deborah
January 22nd, 2021, 05:46 PM
We have one of these in each bathroom.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/simplehuman-reg-4-tier-stainless-steel-tension-pole-shower-caddy/1014892141?keyword=shower-rack-storage

They work very well, and don't rust like all the other 'rust proof' ones do.

knobbly
January 22nd, 2021, 08:57 PM
We have a shower caddy over the shower head, but I don’t put much in it because it’s too tall for me to reach! :lol: I put my kid’s shampoo and conditioner up there and bring it down whenever it’s bath day for her.

I mostly keep my hair stuff under the bathroom sink tbh. I do my selecting of which products to use prior to getting in the shower and just put those on the rim of the tub to use, putting them back under the sink after my shower. This keeps them away from the cat and the toddler lol.

lapushka
January 23rd, 2021, 09:24 AM
I have a built-in bathtub, so much so that it is 3m length wise, it's that built-in, with an entire seating section (disabled). It's there where my "current", in use products are, along that seating edge. About 2/3 shampoos (to choose from) and about 4 conditioners. This reminds me, I have to pick out a mask to interchange with. :thumbsup: The rest is in plastic boxes next to it. I have 2 of them stacked next to the seating place. Easy to reach and get new stuff out of.

BuddhaBelle
January 26th, 2021, 01:41 AM
Thread bump.

I'm currently working on redoing my product storage.

Anyone else want to share thier bath/shower storage solutions? I'd love to see them. :popcorn:

I. Love. This. Thank you for sharing!! All i get is one little shelf in a wire hanging basket, it is enough to keep shampoo, conditioner, and body wash so i need something new. I tried to use my partners shelf but he promptly shoved my items back onto mine LOL! I might be taking some of your organisation advice! :D

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 31st, 2021, 01:04 AM
Wow, old post being revived.

Its been a few years, nowadays I use less products. Decided to just invest in better quality things that work better on my hair.
So I end up needing way less space. Went minimalist about 6 months ago, never went back. Hordes of hair products and switching up all the time was more stress than it was worth in savings or experiments or whatever. I have 4 mains - shampoo, conditioner, curling cream, and a gel. Thats it. It all fits in a caddy I have that hangs off the wall.

Hexen
January 31st, 2021, 01:54 AM
I used to be in the habit of accumulating lottsa products. But eventually I settled into what I thought worked well.
In my opinion the worst factor about hording hair products that are shower inclusive, would be the increasing potential to drop one of those caps from the containers ....and then accidentally step on it.

Yeah .... Legos are a nursery rhyme.

JasminxCat
January 31st, 2021, 01:57 AM
I don't keep anything in the shower. I keep it in a water resistant bag kept in storage cabinets outside of the bathroom. I feel like if it's kept in the shower it would get dirty body residue in it lol. Maybe I'm just a weirdo

Mariekeeee14
January 31st, 2021, 12:54 PM
I live with my parents (moved back after 5 years) so their set up doesn’t permit me to keep everything in the shower. I pick whatever line up I wanna use that day. I also use a citric acid rinse as my final rinse so I put 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid in a jar and put that in the shower as well.

FaeBroom
January 31st, 2021, 01:43 PM
I have something very similar to this guy: https://www.amazon.com/Vdomus-hanging-shower-caddy-organizer/dp/B08B4S1X5P/ref=sr_1_29?dchild=1&keywords=shower+organizer&qid=1612124537&sr=8-29

My Irish Spring lives on the soap dish, and washcloths hang on the hooks. It's attached to my back shower wall (opposite the shower head) with two sticky hooks specifically designed for tiles. As far as hair products go, I'm currently just using up a bottle of purple shampoo and a bottle of Aussie conditioner, which I keep on the bottom shelf. DBF has the top shelf, he's actually a big fan of the Garnier Whole Blends Honey Shampoo + conditioner :lol:

I'm trying to not use plastic bottles anymore, so when those products are all used up I'll move my soap dish that holds my shampoo bar and my fancier body bar into that spot. Right now I take the dish in and out of the shower because nothing bigger than a razor or single shampoo bottle fits on the edge of the tub...

Overall my setup is in a state of transition, just like my hair!

ETA: This makes me wonder, for shampoo I made a concoction of hibiscus tea and shikakai, which to my surprise actually works so well that I'm going to make it my regular shampoo once I use up my products. I keep it in a jar in the fridge now, but is it really that perishable? Could I just keep the jar in the shower too?

MusicalSpoons
January 31st, 2021, 04:38 PM
ETA: This makes me wonder, for shampoo I made a concoction of hibiscus tea and shikakai, which to my surprise actually works so well that I'm going to make it my regular shampoo once I use up my products. I keep it in a jar in the fridge now, but is it really that perishable? Could I just keep the jar in the shower too?

Depends how quickly you use it up and how warm the bathroom/shower is. If it's two or three days, maybe okay, but more than that for a water-based product with no preservatives and I'd personally stick with the fridge.

knobbly
January 31st, 2021, 04:40 PM
Yeah bacterial growth is no joke and it happens before there are obvious clues (like change in texture or smell.) I’m team fridge for anything that doesn’t have preservatives (and even some things that do.) You can also freeze things in cubes for longer term storage.

FaeBroom
February 10th, 2021, 05:36 PM
Depends how quickly you use it up and how warm the bathroom/shower is. If it's two or three days, maybe okay, but more than that for a water-based product with no preservatives and I'd personally stick with the fridge.

Yeah bacterial growth is no joke and it happens before there are obvious clues (like change in texture or smell.) I’m team fridge for anything that doesn’t have preservatives (and even some things that do.) You can also freeze things in cubes for longer term storage.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not using it up that quickly. I'm lucky if I can manage to wash my hair twice a week these days :whistle: Fridge storage it is! Though I have to say I've changed the vessel from a mason jar to an old EVOO bottle, with the little plastic disc in the bottle mouth for easy pouring. Now I feel like a salad in the shower. :toast: