PDA

View Full Version : How hair friendly is cashmere?

Ylva
September 22nd, 2018, 02:10 PM
The title says it all. :)

Doreen
September 22nd, 2018, 03:11 PM
As a hat? I haven't had any problems with it, no noticeable damage. But I don't wear hats on a regular basis. Not fond of fleece hats because of the crazy amount of static I get. Cashmere seems to cause less static and feels softer, so I like it.

Ylva
September 22nd, 2018, 03:17 PM
As a hat? I haven't had any problems with it, no noticeable damage. But I don't wear hats on a regular basis. Not fond of fleece hats because of the crazy amount of static I get. Cashmere seems to cause less static and feels softer, so I like it.

Just anything that comes in contact with the hair, possibly somewhat rubbing on it. Thanks for your reply!

Alex Lou
September 22nd, 2018, 03:27 PM
I haven't noticed any problem with my cashmere sweaters.

AutobotsAttack
September 22nd, 2018, 03:32 PM
Depends on your hair type.

If it’s not polyester or satin, my hair snags on it. Even the super soft stuff like plush or suede.

littlestarface
September 22nd, 2018, 03:34 PM
Real cashmere? It would be alright, cashmere is so friggin soft it cant damage anything it just bes beautiful :cloud9:

Ylva
September 22nd, 2018, 03:58 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Robot Ninja
September 23rd, 2018, 08:49 AM
It might cause tangling, depending on your hair type. Cashmere is soft but it isn't smooth. The fuzzies tend to "grab" at hairs; I have a cashmere shawl that tends to hang onto shed hairs. A hat would probably be less problematic than a scarf or shawl or sweater, since your hair isn't rubbing against it.