PDA

View Full Version : Who's your hair icon?

lillii
September 21st, 2018, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has any hair idols, or images of hair that they really enjoy or draw inspiration from. I have a private Tumblr that is pretty much dedicated to beautiful hairstyles that I've come across. I definitely like the aesthetic of dainty, ethereal, and intricate hairstyles! So do any of you draw inspiration from images of people with beautiful long hair? Would love to know! I don't really have a specific hair icon but I do have a few images of Cher with her long, black hair that I absolutely adore. Really it mostly consist of hair looks from fashion week and paintings from the 19th century where the subject's hair is stunningly adorned! These images of stunning long hair, really keep me consistent with my hair goals, and away from cutting shoulder length, which is something that slips into my mind quite often :rolleyes:.

Doreen
September 21st, 2018, 08:25 PM
I love looking at old paintings and the women's long hairstyles from Medieval and Renaissance periods. And the classic "Birth of Venus" painting will always be an inspiration! (even though her hair is wavy blonde and mine is straight black.) I also love complicated braided hairstyles or woven hairstyles.

lillii
September 21st, 2018, 08:41 PM
I love looking at old paintings and the women's long hairstyles from Medieval and Renaissance periods. And the classic "Birth of Venus" painting will always be an inspiration! (even though her hair is wavy blonde and mine is straight black.) I also love complicated braided hairstyles or woven hairstyles.

Your hair is absolutely stunning! Birth of Venus is amazing. Her hair really is her protection, armor, clothing, wisdom; it's spectacular!

I also love intricate braids and woven styles. I live for this hairstyle I've put together with a series of five-strand braids. Have you seen Janet Stephens on Youtube? She has tutorials on hairstyles from Ancient Greece and Rome; really beautiful, ornate hairstyles and I believe she has a few on the renaissance as well.

Doreen
September 22nd, 2018, 12:05 AM
Your hair is absolutely stunning! Birth of Venus is amazing. Her hair really is her protection, armor, clothing, wisdom; it's spectacular!

I also love intricate braids and woven styles. I live for this hairstyle I've put together with a series of five-strand braids. Have you seen Janet Stephens on Youtube? She has tutorials on hairstyles from Ancient Greece and Rome; really beautiful, ornate hairstyles and I believe she has a few on the renaissance as well.

Just looked her up and WOW she is awesome! Now I gotta get caught up on all her videos. Also what is your 5 strand braid hairstyle? I would love to see! I've been trying to do the 5 strand Dutch braid but I feel like I need a few extra fingers... and stronger arm muscles, haha.

lillii
September 22nd, 2018, 10:49 AM
Just looked her up and WOW she is awesome! Now I gotta get caught up on all her videos. Also what is your 5 strand braid hairstyle? I would love to see! I've been trying to do the 5 strand Dutch braid but I feel like I need a few extra fingers... and stronger arm muscles, haha.

I just replied to your post on 5 strand dutch braids which just happens to be the style I'm wearing today! I wish I could take more hair pictures, can't really find the right angle from my arm, looking to hoist up my camera somewhere and utilize the self-timer soon! :D

Arciela
September 22nd, 2018, 01:28 PM
Mine is Elizaveta Golovanova, I love following her tips as we have almost the same hair. It was her who inspired me to give up the dyes and bleach and grow my virgin hair :)

ravenskey
September 22nd, 2018, 02:14 PM
Plenty of icons on here!

Xie Qiuping, the current Guinness World Record holder, and several other Chinese longhairs make me hope that as a fellow Chinese woman I have good long hair genes - though 18ft would be way too much for me!

Zesty
September 22nd, 2018, 02:50 PM
The painting Mariana in the South by Waterhouse! I think it's lovely but my hair is somewhat similar, so that's a bonus. :)

lillii
September 23rd, 2018, 07:00 PM
Mine is Elizaveta Golovanova, I love following her tips as we have almost the same hair. It was her who inspired me to give up the dyes and bleach and grow my virgin hair :)

Her hair is stunning and yours is too! I would love to know her hair tips!

lillii
September 23rd, 2018, 07:03 PM
Plenty of icons on here!

Xie Qiuping, the current Guinness World Record holder, and several other Chinese longhairs make me hope that as a fellow Chinese woman I have good long hair genes - though 18ft would be way too much for me!

I'm familiar with Xie Qiuping! I absolutely love how rich her hair is! I'm sure you have very good genes and I agree the iconic LHC's are the reason I joined! :D

lillii
September 23rd, 2018, 07:11 PM
The painting Mariana in the South by Waterhouse! I think it's lovely but my hair is somewhat similar, so that's a bonus. :)

Mariana in the South is really stunning; I just saw it while I was browsing your blog, now I'm in search for some hair inspiration to adorn my walls too! I like Sisi by Franz Xaver Winterhalter and there's another that he did with her hair down that is beautiful as well.

Dark40
September 23rd, 2018, 07:52 PM
My hair icon is Jane Seymour and Crystail Gayle. I always wanted long hair like both of them. They have the most gorgeous long tresses in the whole world!

Ylva
September 23rd, 2018, 07:56 PM
Elsa from Frozen.

I just looked up Mariana in the South. So beautiful!

Astrid Carlisle
September 24th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Ruslana Korshunova :(

lottiealice
September 24th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Louvrianne on insta/tumblr. A fellow classic Lolita who has the length/colour I'd love!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/add65d9e2d617a4ae3068a37244c7ffb/tumblr_muk5oaOMwF1rkrfxxo1_500.jpg
http://louvrianne.tumblr.com/image/146454557034

nycelle
September 24th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Ruslana Korshunova :(

omg.. I remember when she jumped out the window. I lived in the building over. Such a tragedy.

Zesty
September 24th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Mariana in the South is really stunning; I just saw it while I was browsing your blog, now I'm in search for some hair inspiration to adorn my walls too! I like Sisi by Franz Xaver Winterhalter and there's another that he did with her hair down that is beautiful as well.

I love paintings of Sisi too! And thanks for checking out the blog. :)

Elsa from Frozen.

I just looked up Mariana in the South. So beautiful!

Elsa is the perfect icon for you!

Sid0rela
September 24th, 2018, 11:29 AM
mine is anastasiya sidorova. i love her hair color so much, im obsessed. and her length seems so healthy too

ArabellaRose
September 24th, 2018, 11:45 AM
mine is anastasiya sidorova. i love her hair color so much, im obsessed. and her length seems so healthy too

I came to say the same thing, I'm absolutely obsessed with her hair and she's the reason I found this forum and decided to up my hair care game.

MoreSky
September 24th, 2018, 02:04 PM
My lifelong hair idols are Rapunzel images from old children’s books (not the Disney versions), the beautiful long-haired women in the Danish illustrator Kay Nielsen’s works, and Arthur Rackham’s illustration Ring of the Niebelung 63.

postpixie88
September 24th, 2018, 05:05 PM
I rely a lot on pinterest and various fictional characters for my hair inspiration, but Loepsie, Freckled Fox, and Coffee & Makeup are youtubers I would definitely consider to be my hair idols.

guska
September 25th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Plenty of icons on here!

At least you don't lack the thick hair genes :) I'm also Chinese and my parents have always taken great pride in our thick, coarse hair.

I don't have any hair icons (at least not yet) but I just admire the hair of Empress Elisabeth of Austria, a.k.a. Sisi. I could never imagine myself with her length, but it's beautiful nonetheless :)

kph12
September 25th, 2018, 07:58 AM
I know her hair isn't THAT long, but Joanna Gaines! her hair is always shiny and beautiful and it got so long when she was pregnant and I just loved it.

nycelle
September 25th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I know her hair isn't THAT long, but Joanna Gaines! her hair is always shiny and beautiful and it got so long when she was pregnant and I just loved it.

I love her hair. When I wasn't CG and was styling, I'd try to get mine to look like hers.

eta: another one I live is Tati Westbrook. Similar to Joannas'

Astrid Carlisle
September 25th, 2018, 08:30 AM
omg.. I remember when she jumped out the window. I lived in the building over. Such a tragedy.

really?? :O
She comes in my mind every few weeks, and I end up going through her images. I just can't believe it and I am so curious how she would have grown, how she would look now..

Doreen
September 25th, 2018, 10:04 AM
I follow aliia_more on instagram and she is a huge inspiration too. Her hair is very thick and braids are a consistent length most of the way down. My hair is in pretty good shape but nowhere near as perfectly kept as hers. She seems to have 0 breakage and very little taper.

kph12
September 25th, 2018, 10:18 AM
I love her hair. When I wasn't CG and was styling, I'd try to get mine to look like hers.

eta: another one I live is Tati Westbrook. Similar to Joannas'

I have naturally very dark hair but it's curly. I WISH mine naturally looked like Joanna's although it looks like she does have some wave to her natural hair which she just supplements with a few curls with a curling rod.

Tati's hair sort of reminds me of Kate Beckinsale who's hair I also love!!!!

sophia_
September 25th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Joanna Newsom cut her hair I think, but her hair around 2015 was a little longer than hip length- mine was only mid-back then- I thought it was absolutely amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky9Ro9pP2gc

Natalia_A00
September 25th, 2018, 05:29 PM
I follow a lot of hair icons on instagram

@kelen_boaventura - a lot of Brazilian girls have gorgeous, shiny, thick jet black hair :pray:
@julianapaula9926
@bractbeauty
@girl_with_longhair
@chandlerlovelle - love the colour of her hair
@theskaholiveira
@roberta.cbarros
@shadowsavegirl

Natalia_A00
September 25th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Youtubers with gorgeous hair: Camelia Katoozian, Holistichabits (I just love her hair, so thick and beautiful), Beautyklove, Sushmita's Diaries (Indian girls have the most beautiful hair),

Natalia_A00
September 25th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I just searched her in Google and her hair is beyond gorgeous... New hair icon for me!

M3DUS4
November 1st, 2018, 03:24 PM

10/10 to everything you said here... hit me with them medieval princess updos! yes please can't wait to have enough length for the elaborate stuff

M3DUS4
November 1st, 2018, 03:29 PM
The LHC Hairstyle of The Month list, medieval princesses, Game of Thrones, Tolkienized depictions of elves and Japanese geishas are where I'll be pulling my inspo when my hair is long enough to start really doing stuff with... the only individual human being I can really name is Kayley Melissa. Her YT channel is fabulous and her hair always looks beautiful.

WyntreBlossom
November 1st, 2018, 03:32 PM
I don't really have an "icon" but there are some people here on the forums that I admire for their personality when it comes to their hair, growth, and care.

That being said I love photos of old times/fantasy's of long haired women. Like angels, queens, vikings, renaissance era, most fantasy movies like Eragon or LOTR etc.

Katrina
November 2nd, 2018, 02:08 PM
JJJlonghair, also known as Lady Long Locks. She inspired me to grow my hair very long 10 years ago.

Milady_DeWinter
November 2nd, 2018, 02:19 PM
Lapushka, Crystawni, Moonrabbit, Ravenskey, Zesty... :crush: And many more. My hair idols are all here!

I may have admired long hair on films and such, but that's not "real" hair (extentions and wigs mostly), so I don't count it :shrug:

I'm also in the "paintings hair" boat! My fav painting in the worls is (nude!) The Birth of Venus by Cabanel (https://66.media.tumblr.com/a0c0b83b29d8d4f365232fbc8b97d121/tumblr_n7yc96LJPV1qfcut3o1_1280.jpg). I also always envied Empress Sissi mane... And the gals in all those beautiful pre-raphaelite paintings!

A.D.
November 4th, 2018, 10:12 PM
Debra Jo Fondren had awesome hair. Then I fell in love with Crystal Gayle's hair....

Katsura
November 4th, 2018, 11:13 PM
There's so many beautiful longhairs in this forum. I just love hair generally, it doesn't have to be that long either. I almost think it must have a soul of its own too. I enjoy all the beautiful hair pics very much.
One hair idol of mine is my dad, when he was young. He had a gorgeous black and wawy hair reaching his shoulders. :D

blesseddamozel
November 5th, 2018, 10:29 AM
When I was much younger and grew my hair out the first time around my hair icon was Chii from Chobits :lol: and a slew of other anime characters

Now I really take my inspiration from pre raphaelite paintings, Holistic Habits, Stevie Nicks (even though her hair has never been super long I just really like it), Silvousplaits, Torrin Paige and so many of the users here :love:

Milkchocolate
November 5th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Cher was my hair dream ❤️ Particularly 70s Cher

nycelle
November 5th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Cher was my hair dream ❤️ Particularly 70s Cher

My mom had Cher hair in the 70's. Pin straight and long. I was jealous of it most of my life.

Milkchocolate
November 5th, 2018, 11:51 AM
My mom had Cher hair in the 70's. Pin straight and long. I was jealous of it most of my life.

That’s so neat :) I wasn’t born in the 70s but if I was I’d be rocking those outfits and sleek hair! big thick Afros were also gorgeous ❤️

daisy rei
November 7th, 2018, 05:36 PM
really?? :O
She comes in my mind every few weeks, and I end up going through her images. I just can't believe it and I am so curious how she would have grown, how she would look now..

Oh, I love Ruslana! Her hair had been chopped quite a bit over the course of her career since most runway models can't have hair longer than TBL, but I wonder if she would've kept growing it after she retired.

There seems to be a never-ending supply of gorgeous Russian longhairs on Instagram. My favorite hair that I've ever seen belongs to Aliia Nasyrova. I would kill for hair that thick and long. ETA: her Instagram is @aliia_moore (https://www.instagram.com/aliia_more/)

Ophidian
November 7th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Alanis Morrisette

Groovy Granny
November 7th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Carina Amami (http://www.sms-models.de/uploads/tx_nbmodellkartei/Titel_f36122.jpg) was my original inspiration to even consider growing long and silver at age 61.
She is younger than I am, but had a look I liked and could aspire to.

That led me to search re: long silver hair where I found more inspiration here on LHC and on pinterest.

Once I met others who had done it here who affirmed my intentions and guided me in growing out layers and taming the hair type.....I was off and running....and 5 years later it was accomplished :eyebrows:

And I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for bringing such joy to my life :flowers:

shelleynyc
November 8th, 2018, 09:10 AM
In the last year my hair inspo has been the youtuber/influencer Valeria Lipovetsky :) https://youtu.be/GJc-zF7KxWM
My hair is the same natural color and texture as hers, so I imagine (or at least hope) that is what my hair is going to look like once it grows out to that length.
She used to have WL hair, like in the video I linked to, but recently cut it a bit shorter though.

SwanFeathers
November 8th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Nessa from Haartraum on youtube. I just wish I was as fluent in German as my inlaws.

lovelymoon
November 9th, 2018, 12:35 AM
Seconding Cher & Crystal Gayle. Also Courtney Cox while playing Monica Geller in Friends seasons 6-7. If I could have anyone's hair color though, it'd be Julianne Moore's.

YvetteVarie
November 9th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Mine is Naptural85 on YouTube. I am not a natural head but I do love her hair and her personality

Stray_mind
November 9th, 2018, 02:55 AM
I honestly don't think i Have an idol. Plenty of inspirational pics in here though, hahaha.

I feel like my hair is what it is. Average in color, thickness and health. That's what it always has been and will probably stay that way. The only thing i want is to keep it as healthy as possible without getting too obsessed.

But if i Would have to pick an idol, it would be fictional and/or fantasy characters. I love Arwen's hair from LOTR and lady Marion's from robing Hood. I love wavy/curly hair in general...

AmaryllisRed
November 9th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Ariel.
Totally normal, right? 😂

Dark40
November 14th, 2018, 09:13 PM

I love her hair too. I would consider her hair very long. Like the saying goes, "Your hair grows fast and much longer when you're pregnant."

Dark40
November 23rd, 2018, 03:42 PM
I also forgot to mention that I have another hair icon, and her name is the actress, "Kathleen Beller." I think she has the most beautiful hip length black hair in the world besides, "Crystal Gayle!"

TheForestFae
November 24th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Rapunzel (Not weird at all, right? Lol): Not just because she's funny and cheerful but also her hair length is definitely a goal! Well maybe not that everyone would want to have their hair to be that long but whatever lol I just love it

Vandressa: She has the 4C hair type, I think so but whatever her hair is long, it's look healthy and shiny, it's so beautiful and I love it!

Jackie Wyers: Her hair is not so long that makes everybody suprised when they look at but I still find her hair to be so gorgeous, all of her tutorials looks beautiful!

Beautyklove: A beautiful long black hair, how can I say no to it? I have watch a lot of her videos on how to take care of your hair by using DIY and natural remedies, it's always worked one me and her hair is so shiny and smooth, it's look super healthy, love it!

Holistichabits: Never get bored with her, her hair color is lovely and her lifestyle did inspired me a lot. Her hair is lobg and it looks thick, definitely healthy from what I seen. Just cant get enough from her vibe lol

Anatasiya Sidorova (Am I writing her name correct? Idk): This girl once had Alopecia but she's been through it and came back with a magnificant crown. Her hair is so thick and healthy, after what she's been through it's so amzing to see that her hair is in excellent condition right now.

Silvousplaits: Her hair is not thick and it's rather look thin to me but for some reason I still find it lovely to look at. Her hair tutorials is the best, I have learn how to do all kind of braids thanks a lot to her.

Foxy_dariy: I think that she is a model but that's not really what I want to talk about, what I wanna talk about is her gorgeous long red hair, I have saw it when it super curly and when it straight, I think both of it really suit her :> She's also really beautiful, to me it just like she have this kind of ethereal beauty, but that just me haha

Sarahannabella: This girl is pretty well known in our country for her beautiful hair, she's half Vietnamese half Australia I think so. And I know that she dye her hair and curling her hair by using heat tool a lot, I know that because once she has said that she prefer her hair to be curled because straight hair is so hard to be tamed so she curl it a lot, but whatever I still find her hair is beautiful and gorgeous :) The fact that she's half Vietnamese makes me adore and admired her so much, she is also the first girl with long hair that makes me want to grow my hair out so...lol

Omg this hair iconic list probably has become a little too long I think so...

Dark40
November 24th, 2018, 03:46 PM
I also love Beautyklove's beautiful long black hair too! I really love her long hair care tips that she gives, and how she makes her hair grow so long so fast! :)

*Wednesday*
November 24th, 2018, 06:33 PM
FullyrawKristina is my hair idol for 2019.

https://kajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net/kajabi-storefronts-production/themes/534228/settings_images/N6tqYaL9Sey5hYWxLVZT_CQSN3ZtvR6ynHOiygRO5_mia_khal ifa_copy_copy.jpg

Longlegs
November 25th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Rogue from Marvel

Boadicea
November 25th, 2018, 03:28 AM
OMGoodybag where to start 🤔

I've had long hair idols all my life. First when I was a toddler I loved the long haired girlfriends from both my uncles.
Rapunzel obviously 😉
On tv Jane Seymour, my life-long idol actually
Sissi from the movies, later from the paintings as well
Well, all the above mentioned YouTubers since I follow them all 😁
And quite a few members of the LHC...

PixieNixie
November 25th, 2018, 12:53 PM
I am friends with a lady on Instagram who has tailbone length hot pink hair. She is my hair goals.

Dark40
April 10th, 2019, 04:17 PM
I also have to say that my another hair icon is Kathleen Beller.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000898/mediaviewer/rm1867842816

BerrySara
April 10th, 2019, 04:54 PM
FullyrawKristina is my hair idol for 2019.

I think her hair is stunning too.

My hair idol is Joyjah

https://youtu.be/PAZQZTdPChw

blvnkness
April 10th, 2019, 05:08 PM
As someone who had a pixie cut for the majority of their teen years, my long hair idol was Avril Lavigne once I saw this MV.

https://youtu.be/YI4m-l2yRZA

I'm sure that she would have had extensions to either lengthen or add volume to her hair for this, but looking back on her hair now makes me feel incredibly nostalgic and proud of myself for sticking through with my goal of growing my hair long. It's gotten so much longer than Avril's, but I still think back to this MV fondly whenever I have moments of doubt over my growth progress.

AmaryllisRed
April 10th, 2019, 07:06 PM
I used to love Avril's hair, too!

cjk
April 10th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Jeri Ryan, Seven of Nine.

https://i.imgur.com/AYo762m.png

https://i.imgur.com/KDTVonf.png

bokeh
April 10th, 2019, 09:40 PM
I've enjoyed seeing photos of everyone's hair icons! Mine is a bit different but Katherine Hepburn and especially her character in 'On Golden Pond' is my icon. I love her go-to updo in that movie and she often wore a similar style in real-life. It is her unabashed celebration of her wild frizz that claims my admiration. 'On Golden Pond: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082846/mediaviewer/rm1586351104 and Images: https://www.google.com/search?q=katharine+hepburn&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVsp_Nj8fhAhVLdt8KHVzuAW0Q_AUIDigB&biw=1986&bih=1002

CampFireTiger
April 11th, 2019, 09:24 AM
I've never really had any big hair icons, but the most perfect hair I've ever seen belongs to a woman named Sara Revulta (I follow her Instagram, sararevulta). To me she has the perfect length, perfect texture, and perfect thickness. Not really achievable for me since my hair is thinner but still amazing to see.

zmirina
April 13th, 2019, 01:08 PM
I love GoT, fantasy and historical drama aesthetic. And looking at my grandma's photos from her youth, when her BRAIDS would hit lowthigh... I really want to reach tailbone length, though I also love to bleach it, which could be problematic

desisparkles
April 13th, 2019, 01:39 PM
Vanessa Hudgens when it's wavy.

and I almost forgot

ItsRimi on youtube

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 19th, 2019, 10:51 AM
My hair idols are here, gossamer, Ligeia, JJJ Longlocks, the mods groovy granny, Nightshade, lapushka, and many more I just cannot remember all. But I come here for inspiration.

lapushka
April 19th, 2019, 12:13 PM
My hair idols are here, gossamer, Ligeia, JJJ Longlocks, the mods groovy granny, Nightshade, lapushka, and many more I just cannot remember all. But I come here for inspiration.

Oh you're so sweet. I recently cut back from FTL+ to classic. I had gotten that far, but it became unmanageable for me. So now I'm going to be forever teeter-totting between classic and classic+/FTL as I will cut back come January and grow out throughout the year until... next January. This way I will still do the no-trimming challenges and keep my cutting days on schedule.

I am so glad to see you back around here!!! :D

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 19th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Oh you're so sweet. I recently cut back from FTL+ to classic. I had gotten that far, but it became unmanageable for me. So now I'm going to be forever teeter-totting between classic and classic+/FTL as I will cut back come January and grow out throughout the year until... next January. This way I will still do the no-trimming challenges and keep my cutting days on schedule.

I am so glad to see you back around here!!! :D

It warms my heart to hear from you, lapushka!
I have missed interacting here. I forgot my password and misplaced my password book. I think I must have thrown it during spring cleaning last year.

Your hair is still gorgeous and healthy. Your health and comfort should always be foremost. You sound happy and at peace, I am happy for you:blossom:

lapushka
April 19th, 2019, 04:05 PM
It warms my heart to hear from you, lapushka!
I have missed interacting here. I forgot my password and misplaced my password book. I think I must have thrown it during spring cleaning last year.

Your hair is still gorgeous and healthy. Your health and comfort should always be foremost. You sound happy and at peace, I am happy for you:blossom:

Thank you so much. I'm glad you found a way to log back in here! :)

daisyofdark0
April 20th, 2019, 02:13 AM
Mine is Lorde. Such amazing long curly hair!!!

Ylva
April 22nd, 2019, 09:40 AM
Even though a wildly different type, Fabio Lione (http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3377/4zyq.jpg) is my hair icon in spirit. :D I'd love to embody the same angelic nature that his hair carries!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/b2/33/5cb23384ab46da822557d91c6d79e0a8.jpg
https://metalsoundmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/7f83486af7db221af9364146cc3f5910-fabio-lione.jpg

Begemot
April 22nd, 2019, 09:54 AM
Even though a wildly different type, Fabio Lione (http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3377/4zyq.jpg) is my hair icon in spirit. :D I'd love to embody the same angelic nature that his hair carries!

https://metalsoundmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/7f83486af7db221af9364146cc3f5910-fabio-lione.jpg

Beautiful :thud:

Ylva
April 22nd, 2019, 09:56 AM
Beautiful :thud:

I know right! He straight up looks like an angel from a medieval Catholic painting. :D

Begemot
April 22nd, 2019, 10:03 AM
I'm dead sure you could find his face and hair in some old Renaissance painting somewhere :D To be a natural redhead and curly... sigh

Ylva
April 22nd, 2019, 10:07 AM
I'm dead sure you could find his face and hair in some old Renaissance painting somewhere :D To be a natural redhead and curly... sigh

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03572/st_john_3572167b.jpg :D

Begemot
April 22nd, 2019, 10:10 AM
https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03572/st_john_3572167b.jpg :D

There he is! :laugh: He must be an immortal who has wandered on the face of the earth for centuries.

littlestarface
April 22nd, 2019, 10:12 AM

That's insane :agape: he's a vampire

Ylva
April 22nd, 2019, 10:14 AM
There he is! :laugh: He must be an immortal who has wandered on the face of the earth for centuries.

Must be, yes! :D

That's insane :agape: he's a vampire

:lol:

mackensey
April 25th, 2019, 12:02 AM
Hwasa from Mamamoo. She wears extensions but seeing her really made me like the look of long hair

Haziel
June 6th, 2019, 04:40 AM
My Mom <3 although I will never have her insanely beautiful dark curly hair that she insists drives her nuts.
Also there was a girl I saw getting lunch at the school when I was in kindergarten (it was a private school) she had fairly strait blond hair in a braid, I think it was knee length. The memory probably lengthens with time but back then -to me- it seemed the longest hair in the world. It was right after I had cut my hair (when I wasn't supposed to) and from then on I wanted to grow it super long.

Begemot
June 6th, 2019, 05:18 AM
My Mom <3 although I will never have her insanely beautiful dark curly hair that she insists drives her nuts.
Also there was a girl I saw getting lunch at the school when I was in kindergarten (it was a private school) she had fairly strait blond hair in a braid, I think it was knee length. The memory probably lengthens with time but back then -to me- it seemed the longest hair in the world. It was right after I had cut my hair (when I wasn't supposed to) and from then on I wanted to grow it super long.

Aww, sweet comment :o I always loved my mother's hair too and wished I had her texture and thickness. I try to avoid idolizing it and just embrace my own texture etc.

cjk
June 6th, 2019, 08:48 AM
At the rate I'm going...

https://s.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/crop/580x380+0+0/resize/1028x675!/format/jpg/quality/85/https://s.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/d7cd49ec0d417b80fb2034638ed37fb7/203283742/Screen+Shot+2016-01-19+at+4.18.36+PM.png

Ylva
September 27th, 2019, 04:22 PM

And here are our hairs in the same photo! :D :heartbeat :happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38681&d=1569622382

Hairkay
September 28th, 2019, 02:29 AM
Mine is Naptural85 on YouTube. I am not a natural head but I do love her hair and her personality

She's great for styling ideas.

Begemot
September 28th, 2019, 03:02 AM
And here are our hairs in the same photo! :D :heartbeat :happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38681&d=1569622382

:thumbsup: I love how happy you look!

Tinyponies
September 28th, 2019, 03:09 AM
Great photo Ylva, and I had never heard of him so looked up and enjoyed some tracks. Thanks for the share, looks like you had an amazing time :D

Ylva
September 30th, 2019, 01:24 PM
:thumbsup: I love how happy you look!

:happydance: :D

Great photo Ylva, and I had never heard of him so looked up and enjoyed some tracks. Thanks for the share, looks like you had an amazing time :D

I hope you didn't find the eurodance though...! I did indeed, one of the top days of my life for sure! :)

Tinyponies
October 1st, 2019, 04:27 AM
I hope you didn't find the eurodance though...! I did indeed, one of the top days of my life for sure! :)

Well *now* I did, and a video of a (the?) dance too. ! (Vision of Paradise)

StellaStellitsa
October 1st, 2019, 05:40 AM
I don't think I have a hair icon, but there are definitely many ladies' hair which I do admire. There are many people here (and in other places) whom I admire. There are also many old photographies, illustrations and paintings which I also admire. Also books and films and generally historical and medieval depictions of womens hair. A special place holds Amy, her blog is Aletheia Nocturne, she also has a tumblr and an instagram (you can find the links in her blog). She is the first person with ankle length hair I saw in my life, her hair is now past floor length. I didn't know before that it was possible to reach such lengths. For this reason I will always remember her. Also, from her I first saw some meaningful hair care tips, it hadn't occured to me before to search online about hair care.

esfand
October 1st, 2019, 07:38 AM
I like JJJ Long Hair, though we don't have the same hair types. Her length though! I also admire a lot of the women on Chinese long hair sites, though they're obviously ******y. But they do have beautiful hair!

Dark40
October 16th, 2019, 07:34 AM
I have a new hair icon. My new hair icon is Heather Foc on HGTV's show, "StayorSell." She has the most beautiful dark brown almost black hair I've ever seen!!! And, it's very shiny and healthy-looking!!!

Alien Girl
July 5th, 2022, 10:27 PM
Sarahannabella: This girl is pretty well known in our country for her beautiful hair, she's half Vietnamese half Australia I think so. And I know that she dye her hair and curling her hair by using heat tool a lot, I know that because once she has said that she prefer her hair to be curled because straight hair is so hard to be tamed so she curl it a lot, but whatever I still find her hair is beautiful and gorgeous :) The fact that she's half Vietnamese makes me adore and admired her so much, she is also the first girl with long hair that makes me want to grow my hair out so...lol

I recently saw a post that was a bit suspicious.
This pic she says it is October 2018.
https://i.imgur.com/lQRhsRn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Gn46Ayy.png

Second pic is a pic she actually posted on October 2018. Her hair is around this length for all the posts surrounding this post so she didn’t do a chop according to her feed.
https://i.imgur.com/oVsSSl9.jpg

My question is was she using hair extensions? If so, has she ever been transparent about that fact? (I have nothing against extensions, but she sells a hair growth guide for $1,000-3,000 to people who want to achieve hair like her.)

& to stay more on topic, my hair icons at the moment are: Rin Rapunzel, LongHair Vale, & Luxia Yanin. :)

Bat
July 7th, 2022, 06:54 AM
I

& to stay more on topic, my hair icons at the moment are: Rin Rapunzel, LongHair Vale, & Luxia Yanin. :)

I like Rin Rapunzels hair also