PDA

View Full Version : SOS! Quick Suggestions Needed

hennalove
September 21st, 2018, 11:06 AM
Ladies, our son's wedding is tomorrow. I did a henna followed by two applications of Adore to tone down the orange. No problem, except the hair style. Yesterday, I tried doing both styles I thought would work but both used those little elastic bands which apparently my hair is not going to tolerate. Then this morning, it looked just a wee bit greasy so I washed and it's in the process of drying. But I have no hair style. Normally, I would pull out the straightening iron but I've been no heat since last December and at now hip length I don't want to damage my ends for one day. Any ideas for a quick, easy to master updo that looks complicated and classy yet EASY? TIA

akurah
September 21st, 2018, 11:41 AM
I’m not going to lie, if you can afford it and get an appointment in time I would just pay someone to do it. Hairdressers are trained in updos.

CopperButterfly
September 21st, 2018, 11:41 AM
The Gibson tuck. It's elegant, timeless and easy and quick. There are YouTube videos that have directions.

mwallingford
September 21st, 2018, 11:49 AM
Seconding the Gibson tuck! Or basically any braided updo in my humble opinion. Maybe you can do an accent braid or two and then do a basic braided bun in the back, or maybe a Jamie Leigh bun?

squirrrel
September 21st, 2018, 12:22 PM
If braiding is your thing, I would go with something like Amish braids, or a fan. Both of these can be found in the hairstyle directory if you are unfamiliar with them. It’s probably worth browsing for ideas anyway.

ravenskey
September 21st, 2018, 02:44 PM
Amish braids are great, but if you don't have the length for it, then interlaced plaits give a very similar look. I wore interlaced plaits when I had a wrist operation, and the nurse said I looked like I was ready to go to a wedding, so it would definitely be appropriate! loepsie and torrinpaige both have tutourials on youtube for them.

lapushka
September 21st, 2018, 02:49 PM
Don't forget ladollyvita on YT for good tutorials. Between those 3 you should be able to find a great updo for you!

hennalove
September 23rd, 2018, 03:12 PM
Thanks! I ended up doing a half crown rope braid with bun.