PDA

View Full Version : whats a good leave in condiitiner if any?

Xan
September 20th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Sorry if it was mentioned before. I was just at classic but I had to clip a 1 or 2 off hated to do it but Velcro fried ends. Want to grow as long as possible with a halfway decent hem .Any recomendations?

Jo Ann
September 20th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Shea Moisture's Strengthen and Restore Leave-in Conditioner is a good one. You can find it at most stores.

_fred_
September 21st, 2018, 12:24 AM
Shea Moisture's Strengthen and Restore Leave-in Conditioner is a good one. You can find it at most stores.

Seconding this. I've been using it for months now, and not only does it last forever (which it needs to considering how much it costs!), it also smells amazing and really helps keep in the moisture.

I've only had a few less great experiences with it, and both times it was because I put on too much. A little goes a long way.

Milady_DeWinter
September 21st, 2018, 12:26 AM
Nightblooming salves are awesome leave ins to me! Esp panacea and freya :) I apply them with my hair still damp and let it air dry.

lapushka
September 21st, 2018, 05:02 AM
Yes, as mentioned the JBCO leave-in by Shea Moisture as it's sometimes called as well. It is quite runny and comes in a tub. It is a bomb leave-in and you don't need much at all to moisturize the hair. I use a coinsize for my classic+ length hair and it is more than enough scrunched in on the very lengths.

lithostoic
September 21st, 2018, 05:49 AM
Yesss the JBCO. I'm buying a tub today since it's payday :P

MusicalSpoons
September 21st, 2018, 08:57 AM
Wow, that was an almost unanimous answer to a wide-open question! I was not really in the market for a leave-in conditioner, just entertaining the remote possibility, but as I keep seeing it recommended I actually want to try the Shea Moisture JBCO one now :D

Reservechic
September 21st, 2018, 09:14 AM
If you can find it still being offered in the 16 oz. limited edition size, that would be great! I have ordered the 16 oz. size from off of Amazon before and I was able to get it at my local CVS. Plenty of Places sell the SH JBCO leave in in the regular size, but definitely getting the 16 oz. size would be the best way yo go, if it's still bring sold on Amazon, of if you can find it in a store locally that still carries it in the 16 oz. limited edition size as well. Oh, and a little bit does go a long way with it, because being heavy handed will cause your hair to feel greasy.

I currently use as a leave-in, CurlMix's Avocado Moisturizer, which I absolutely adore. It's a lightweight leave-in that never leaves the hair feeling sticky or weighed down ever, and it absorbs instantly into ones hair with ease. It is a bit on the pricey side, however, I use discount coupons to purchase with CurlMix, because I'm definitely all about saving coins when I can for sure!

Oh, and Nightblooming salves are super popular, with the most popular one being her Panacea Salve (which has achieved cult status here). I actually placed an order for her Panacea Salve yesterday. Nightblooming ships really fast, Plus any questions you have about her products, she gets back to you super fast with a reply, and because her salves are very concentrated, a little bit truly does go a very long way, from what I've read.

CopperButterfly
September 21st, 2018, 09:18 AM
I just checked, they've got the shea moisture one at target for anyone in the US. There's also 20% off all hair care in store this weekend with the cartwheel app. I'm going to take full advantage. ;)

chrissy-b
September 21st, 2018, 10:03 AM
It might depend on your hair type but my favorite for my fine hair is Giovanni's Direct Leave-In. I'm testing out Not Your Mother's Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Detangler and I'm really enjoying it too.

Doreen
September 21st, 2018, 10:09 AM
I just dilute my regular conditioner, about 1 teaspoon in my 8oz spray bottle and then add water to the top.

nycelle
September 21st, 2018, 11:53 AM
My favorite is my Briogeo Rosarco leave-in milk. I use it on damp or dry hair and it works beautifully both ways.

Ylva
September 21st, 2018, 02:11 PM
Here I am waiting for my Shea Moisture JBCO jars to arrive. :D Can't wait to test that product since everyone seems to love it.

nikittyy
September 21st, 2018, 02:59 PM
While I am not black, I've found that a lot of their products can work in my admittedly thin and baby fine hair as long as I use it sparingly. They are very moisturizing, and also smell amazing. I use Cantu Coconut curling cream, which is a leave in conditioner.

lapushka
September 21st, 2018, 03:28 PM
While I am not black, I've found that a lot of their products can work in my admittedly thin and baby fine hair as long as I use it sparingly. They are very moisturizing, and also smell amazing. I use Cantu Coconut curling cream, which is a leave in conditioner.

Same here; waves are waves & curls are curls, mixed, white, or black I don't think that much matters when it comes to product usage. I have Cantu, Eden Bodyworks, Every Strand, Shea Moisture, the lot. I use it, just a lot less of it and that seems to do the trick!