PDA

View Full Version : What would you make with these ingredients?

TheCurlyMermaid
September 20th, 2018, 06:21 PM
So I did a haul recently, I bought some dropper bottles and some essential oils to make a scalp oil for hair growth.

What kind of recipe would you make with these (minus the balm)?

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33389&d=1537488978

Basil EO

Him. Cedarwood EO

Spanish Rosemary EO

Coffee EO

Ultra Sheen Ultra Care Rich Oil Serum (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B6SQNU/)

Dark40
September 20th, 2018, 06:47 PM
I would make a hug bottle of essential oil.

lapushka
September 21st, 2018, 06:02 AM
If you want to make something to use on the hair, you need a carrier oil to pour a little of the EO into. Carrier oils are oils like olive, macadamia, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, etc.

EssleyBlue
September 21st, 2018, 08:02 AM
I use olive oil as a carrier and add essential oils like rosemary, lavendar and rose.

mwallingford
September 21st, 2018, 08:45 AM
Oooh, those sound amazing! I'm not sure if you're aware of it (you likely are), but make sure you properly dilute your essential oils. It should be between 1%-2% of essential oils in your solution on average, but the rest is up to your imagination. (I wonder how cederwood and Spanish rosemary would smell; I bet it would be perfect! If you should try this combination please report back!)

TheCurlyMermaid
September 21st, 2018, 11:06 AM
If you want to make something to use on the hair, you need a carrier oil to pour a little of the EO into. Carrier oils are oils like olive, macadamia, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, etc.

I'm using grapeseed oil since it's light and I'll be using the oil on my scalp. I'm familiar with carrier oils and dilution I'm doing 2%, just wanted to know if anyone had found any of these more useful than the others and maybe had an opinion on which EO to use more heavily in the mixture.

TheCurlyMermaid
September 21st, 2018, 11:06 AM
Oooh, those sound amazing! I'm not sure if you're aware of it (you likely are), but make sure you properly dilute your essential oils. It should be between 1%-2% of essential oils in your solution on average, but the rest is up to your imagination. (I wonder how cederwood and Spanish rosemary would smell; I bet it would be perfect! If you should try this combination please report back!)

I'm aware of the importance of dilution. And I'll definitely report back! :o

mwallingford
September 21st, 2018, 11:51 AM
I'm aware of the importance of dilution. And I'll definitely report back! :o

Thanks! I'll be standing by :popcorn:

lapushka
September 21st, 2018, 02:46 PM
I'm using grapeseed oil since it's light and I'll be using the oil on my scalp. I'm familiar with carrier oils and dilution I'm doing 2%, just wanted to know if anyone had found any of these more useful than the others and maybe had an opinion on which EO to use more heavily in the mixture.

Oh you didn't specify as much, so I was wondering about that. :)