PDA

View Full Version : check out the shrinkage!

AutobotsAttack
September 20th, 2018, 03:48 PM
The other hair forum I like to visit posted a video with a lady that has thigh length type4 hair. At first I wasn’t seeing the length but that’s due to shrinkage. I’m honestly in awe every time I see my type of hair stretched out to reveal how long it truly is.

Shes mostly talking king about her regimen, the actual reveal is at 9:47.

Shrinkage is so cool and frustrating at the same time.

https://youtu.be/Q9gbn0VyE1Q

lapushka
September 20th, 2018, 03:49 PM
I personally love to watch 22nd Century natural woman on YT - amazing hair!

nycelle
September 20th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Holy s**t... that's insane.

I've lost a little over 1/2" since going CG due to loose S waves, and my ends curling a bit. But this.. this is crazy. When she pulls her hair out, the length is like what? twice as long? WOW..

TreesOfEternity
September 20th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Protective styles in natural hair look amazing. Shrinkage must be frustrating sometimes, although everytime I see a type 3 or 4 hair I picture it, like, twice or three times longer than how I see it.

AutobotsAttack
September 20th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Protective styles in natural hair look amazing. Shrinkage must be frustrating sometimes, although everytime I see a type 3 or 4 hair I picture it, like, twice or three times longer than how I see it.

That’s how I look at it too. Even my own hair. If I see it as is, it’s usually 6-7 inches longer from all the length getting sucked up.

manticore
September 20th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Wow her hair is like magic!

Ylva
September 20th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Mind = blown

chiapommama
September 20th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Wow! What sorcery is this? 😱

squirrrel
September 20th, 2018, 11:45 PM
That’s amazing. Love her hair care routine too.

Margarita
September 21st, 2018, 02:24 AM
Im shocked...
My hair suffers from shrinkage too. I would like to try getting an aloe vera juice and spray my hair but ofcourse my hair is not like hers. Her original length in thigh and mine is 18" so below my shoulders.
I cant wait to reach the classic length,i know it'll take a few years to.
Amazing video, it shows the power of shrinkage :eek:

lapushka
September 21st, 2018, 05:01 AM
I'm not surprised. I've seen shrinkage before. It is *real*, you best believe it! :)

EssleyBlue
September 21st, 2018, 08:05 AM
Wow, that's something I've never really thought about, because my hair is straight. When I was in high school, I so wished for wavy hair, that I even used a curling iron on it. Now that I'm growing out my hair, I appreciate that the straightness makes it easier to see the length. She has amazing hair in the video. Beautiful and well-cared for.

AutobotsAttack
September 21st, 2018, 09:25 AM
That’s amazing. Love her hair care routine too.

I like how simple she keeps it too. I’m thinking I could probably eliminate a few steps from my routine just to keep the simplicity

Hairkay
September 21st, 2018, 11:05 AM
I saw her. I too love her shrinkage. I have always known that if I want my hair to look waist length without straightening it then it would have to be stretching below my knees. At present it looks mid back length in plaits/braids and BSL loose and unstretched.

nycelle
September 21st, 2018, 11:29 AM
I saw her. I too love her shrinkage. I have always known that if I want my hair to look waist length without straightening it then it would have to be stretching below my knees. At present it looks mid back length in plaits/braids and BSL loose and unstretched.

What's also interesting to me is that braids or plaits on straight hair makes it appear shorter, whereas on coily hair, these styles elongate it. Crazy how different hair can be.

AutobotsAttack
September 22nd, 2018, 12:44 AM
What's also interesting to me is that braids or plaits on straight hair makes it appear shorter, whereas on coily hair, these styles elongate it. Crazy how different hair can be.

Think it’s got something to do with stretching the coils out. I think styles like twists and braids allow for more sections of hair to stretch out. Versus straight hair where it’s already at it’s full capacity, braiding or twisting just hides the length that’s already there.

Just a hypothesis lol

For me depending on how much new growth I have, Dutch braids helps stretch out the curls and stuff.