PDA

View Full Version : Is This Waist-Length Yet?

Darscilla
November 3rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Well, it has been almost exactly three years since I touched my hair with scissors (bangs not included!) and I took this photo to record my progress. Sorry for the poor quality, as you can see I took it on my phone (camera needs new batteries), but I was hoping to get some opnions on whether I can call it waist-length yet? It is pretty hard to tell when you haven't got a waist! :p

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a218/Darscilla/nov2008.jpg

Curlsgirl
November 3rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
I THINK it looks waist but hard to tell unless you take a pic with your hands on your waist.

plainjanegirl
November 3rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
It looks like waist from what I can tell.
Nice thick looking hair btw.

BlndeInDisguise
November 3rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
If it's not waist, it's very close. To me it looks like you're tipping your head down just a tad. If it was back, your hair would be even longer--or, look longer, anyway. :)

It looks so thick and shiny!

bunnii
November 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Looks waist length to me! :cheese: congrats :cheer:

morningstar
November 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
It looks like waist to me! :D And gorgeous and thick to boot lucky you.

Amara
November 3rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Looks like waist from here!

jessie58
November 3rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Darscilla, your hair has grown! Waist length for sure.

Laila23
November 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
It looks like waist to me. :)

spidermom
November 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
I can't tell about the length, but it's pretty. Cinch a belt around your middle and take a look. If your ends overlap the belt even just a bit, you're at waist.

maskedrose
November 3rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Looks like it to me too! I'm amazed at your lack of taper, especially if you haven't trimmed in three years! Lucky lady :)

mellie
November 3rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
I'd say so!!! It's lovely! :-)

RavennaNight
November 3rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yay! Waist! Looks like waist! I think I'll be there in the spring. Congrats! Waist! WooooooHooooo!

Periwinkle
November 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Looks like waist to me!

Vitalai
November 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
It looks like waist to me! :cheer: Congratulations! You've got amazingly thick hair at that!

DecafJane
November 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
HOoray! Congratulations! I think you are there. :D

Haith
November 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
I would say that's waist. Lovely dark hair!

Anje
November 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'd say it's waist, or a bit past. (I think waist is about at the fold in your shirt just above your elbow in the picture.)

It looks great! I love how thick your ends are!

Darscilla
November 4th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Thank you all for your feedback and lovely compliments about my hair! :smooch:
That's a geat suggestion about the belt, Spidermom, I will try it when I take my hair down to wash it later on, then I will know without a doubt.
I haven't really got much taper, have I? Which is ironic when you consider I'm going for fairytale ends :lol: I wonder how many years I'll have to go without trimming to see a significant difference?
I think the colour (bottle!) makes it look thicker than it actually is... my hair is a lot thinner than it was when I started growing. I can't wear two braids anymore 'cos they just look too puny. I have got lots of baby hairs coming in the past few months, though, so maybe I'll be back to my normal circumference in a while.
Thanks again for your input, folks, it's given me a good chuckle that I need help to locate my waist! Diet FAIL!

plainjanegirl
November 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I can't tell about the length, but it's pretty. Cinch a belt around your middle and take a look. If your ends overlap the belt even just a bit, you're at waist.

Hey that's a good idea. Never thought of that. Then I could tell if I am past waist (it's hard to tell since I am thick).

jojo
November 4th, 2008, 11:24 AM
have you taken the photos down? i cannot see any :o(

Sherri
November 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Looks like waist to me:)

xrosiex
November 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Looks like waist to me. And your hair is really pretty.

Gecko
November 5th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Definitely! It looks really nice! I think when it's about level with your elbows it's waist length. And your ends are nice and blunt so there's no doubt that it's there.

squiggyflop
November 5th, 2008, 06:03 AM
looks like waist to me

Robbi Dehlinger
November 5th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I call it waist, also LOVELY!

Darscilla
November 5th, 2008, 06:22 AM
^^ Thank you :blushing: Photo is still up, Jojo, but I have made it my new avatar if its not working for you.
Update: I tried the belt thing and most of my hemline definitely covers the belt, so I'm calling it...I'M AT WAIST LENGTH!!! Bring on the 'nanas!
:hollie: :hollie: :hollie:

cuddledumplin
November 5th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Wow, your hair has grown so much! I'd say it's waist. It also looks really healthy.

Anje
November 5th, 2008, 08:13 AM
You want fairytale ends and they look like that after 3 years? You're probably a stylist's worst nightmare -- your hair stays looking fresh-trimmed for years! :D (Personally, I like the lack of taper, but we always want what we don't have.)

I think you may need to get a U or V cut with some layers a few inches above the ends to simulate the look, once you have it at a length you want fairytales with. It certainly appears that your hair all grows at exactly the same rate.