PDA

View Full Version : How often do you wash your hair?

LittleOgre
September 17th, 2018, 09:50 PM
I wash my hair twice a week... yep. It is very odd to me because since I am black. When it comes to the standard of hair washing. Most other girls similar to me think I wash my hair to often... but then I learned that for many girls with more looser hair. It's considered nasty to go 3-4 days without washing your hair. I am not sure, my scalp doesn't really get greasy. I mainly wash it when it feels dirty and my hair lacks any shine but I never understood the greasiness that other girls had to deal with. In fact xD I add oil to my scalp and hair. Not sure anywho xd Just curious.

Corvana
September 17th, 2018, 10:55 PM
Weekly at my most often, and my longest stretch outside of illness or injury has been about 16-17 days? Weekly is pretty common around here, actually.

What I've seen in the natural hair videos I watch occasionally on youtube is one of the main reasons for washing less often is just because it takes so long to dry. 24 full hours of air drying for truly dry hair isn't an uncommon thing among these youtubers, and since my own takes about 7 I can understand wanting to avoid that as often as I can :laugh:. Another reason is that their scalps don't get oily the same way mine does for example, and by washing less the sebum that they do have has a chance to actually moisturize their hair.

But honestly, how often you wash your hair is up to you. Wash it daily, wash it monthly. Whatever makes you and your scalp and hair happy! Everyone's different!

spirals
September 17th, 2018, 11:09 PM
Once a week on Saturday unless my scalp gets really sweaty or oily for some reason. That might be weather or my cycle (scalp gets itchier then) or being active in some way. Most of the time, though, it is once a week. I use a little powder on the roots when necessary.

LittleHealthy
September 18th, 2018, 12:18 AM
Every 4 days, currently. I get night sweats (pregnancy) so I reckon after I’m finished with the pregnancy I’ll be able to go once a week, providing my ends don’t get too dry.
I wouldn’t worry what people think of your washing frequency, it’s not like they can tell just by looking ;)

September 18th, 2018, 02:11 AM
I'm white and I normally wash once a week. Week and a half to two weeks during winter. For years, if I'd wash my hair more often than once every 5 days my scalp would get crazy and start pouring insane amounts of sebum that I wouldn't been able to wash off unless I left my hair alone for few days and then wash. So I couldn't wash more often that once every 5 days even if I actually had to (like, was sweaty on that day or whatever). My hair tends to be dry but I guess if I over-dry it by washing too frequently it becomes extremely oily. If washed with something strong and left alone it won't get oily very quickly. My texture ranges from loose waves to 3b/c depending on washing method/products.

WO helped a lot with my scalp condition and now I have to admit I wash more often (and can do it! But I have to watch out, still)... because I'm vain xD and I have really short hair now (grown out buzz cut, but it's not pixie yet) that I style with water... I do these, like, uh, spikes? Kinda like Sonic the hedgehog xDD. It looks great actually xD.

Crna Kosa
September 18th, 2018, 04:16 AM
Usualy once a week , but I've been lately using really gentle shampoo and my hair is really greasy 3 days after washing and formed dandruff

Hexen
September 18th, 2018, 04:36 AM
Purty darn often. :)

lakhesis
September 18th, 2018, 04:37 AM
I wash twice a week, but I do use some dry shampoo in between :)

lapushka
September 18th, 2018, 05:24 AM
I wash once a week. I wash when it gets oily; not before that, and it starts to get oily on a Friday/Saturday these days, when I have to wash every Sunday, so I wait a couple more days. I can't stretch it further due to a scalp condition (SD, aka seborrheic dermatitis). So I have to maintain the status quo with that.

nycelle
September 18th, 2018, 05:48 AM
I wash two or three times per week depending on my scalp and hair.

EssleyBlue
September 18th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Three times a week. One time is with shampoo. The other two times with ACV. I have fine, straight hair and it looks greasy very quickly if I don't wash. Also my scalp really likes to be washed.

xoAshley
September 18th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Twice a week. Usually every 3rd day or so.

Arciela
September 18th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I wash as needed, sometimes once a week or every other day :)

CopperButterfly
September 18th, 2018, 06:59 AM
I wash my scalp daily and my length about twice a week. I've got an oily scalp and it starts looking greasy about 18 hours after I've washed it. My ends on the other hand start to feel dry after a few days of not getting wet and conditioned.

Sid0rela
September 18th, 2018, 07:32 AM
i wash my hair 2 times a week, because my hair tent to be very oily by the second day after washing. i also really love washng my hair, because it doesnt take that long to dry even though i have thick hair and lots of it.

Ylva
September 18th, 2018, 07:50 AM
About twice a week, every 3-4 days. Sometimes I go longer if I just can't bother, but my roots do get very oily then. Usually I wash my scalp and roots only.

MusicalSpoons
September 18th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Scalp every two days, lengths ~every 4 days. I can go 5-6 days without my scalp complaining, but to look presentable it needs washing (or cornflour dry shampoo) every two days.

Edit for clarification: when I say I wash my scalp, I mean I wash the roots and only get the scalp hair wet. I rarely make a conscientious effort to *wash* (shampoo) the lengths, but when I say I 'wash' them I mean they get thoroughly wet and I thoroughly condition them. So a full wash for me = shampoo roots + thoroughly moisturise lengths :)

TreesOfEternity
September 18th, 2018, 07:55 AM
I wash it every 5 days or so, but my hair is 1a aka pin straight and I have an oily scalp so I can't really stretch further at least by now. If you can't bother washing you can condition your length daily anyway with leave in products/creams/oils.

Katsura
September 18th, 2018, 08:03 AM
I wash about three times a week, sometimes more often. I wash whenever I feel I need to, mainly because of my scalp.

queenbee1
September 18th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Twice a week. Currently steetching washes to once a week. :D

Leannan
September 18th, 2018, 09:07 AM
I have been washing it about twice a week.

Natalia_A00
September 18th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Everyday or every other day. My hair is very oil and I feel nasty if I don't do it

Andthetalltrees
September 18th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Everyday to every 3 days. I don't have a schedule anymore I just wash it when my scalp feels itchy/oily

Brittny
September 18th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Once a week on Sundays. My hair does not get oily or dirty since I keep it up most of the time

MusicalSpoons
September 18th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Once a week on Sundays. My hair does not get oily or dirty since I keep it up most of the time

Ah, if only that worked for all of us! Mine is in a bun during the day, and loosely contained in satin at night, yet my scalp just does not care :rolleyes:

ravenskey
September 18th, 2018, 11:14 AM
One every two weeks. My sebum is very waxy so it doesn't make my hair grassy at all - on the contrary, I have to manually oil like a maniac.
A good scritch when the one week mark comes around keeps my scalp happy.

TatsuOni
September 19th, 2018, 03:34 AM
Every other week or less. Mostly less.

Blondie Locks
September 19th, 2018, 04:09 AM
I usually wash mine once a week but sometimes twice, depending if I’m going somewhere special.

I have a 100% boar bristle brush and it really helps to distribute sebum down the length of my strands, rather than having it all sit up on the scalp and looking like a grease pit! :silly:

It allows me to go a lot longer between washings and oh the shine! Wowie Kazowie! :agape:

illicitlizard
September 19th, 2018, 04:22 AM
Every 3 days is the sweet spot for me. That's when the oils really kick in and I can't stand the feeling of anything on my hair, even natural sebum.

ArabellaRose
September 19th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Every 2 - 3 days usually. I don't like going any longer because my hair gets quote grease and even with leave in products the ends get dry without a good condition.

I've just started CO washing, first was was yesterday and I'm resisting the urge to wash again today because it doesn't feel as clean as usual. Going to stick with it as I'm hoping it'll settle down with time.

lithostoic
September 19th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Once every 4 or 5 days. Might go longer if it falls on a weekend. Depending on if I have plans! My hair isn't super oily. I cowashed Monday morning and I'm just starting to see the first signs of oil. And I live in a very hot climate.

Margrit
September 19th, 2018, 11:55 AM
2 -3 times a week, depending on my plans.

cjk
September 19th, 2018, 01:23 PM
I water cleanse twice a week.

Shampoo annually.

bunchoflowers
September 19th, 2018, 02:00 PM
two times per week because I exercise, but when I don't exercise only once a week. Or when it is winter, in winter my hair is not so greasy, then I only wash it once a week.

sillyme
September 19th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Every day. I really need to if my hair is shoulder-length or shorter, which it is now. Otherwise, it hangs very limp after only 1 1/2 days. It's okay though, because I enjoy my morning shampoo.

Alibran
September 19th, 2018, 02:47 PM
I aim for weekly, but it's sometimes more frequently in summer or less in winter. The longest I've gone between washes is 3 weeks, but my scalp was starting to get itchy by that time.

elfynity
September 19th, 2018, 03:04 PM
I just tracked back in my journal and I am amazed myself that I only WO wash my hair once every 2 to 3 weeks. It sounds awful, but I assure everyone my hair is still very clean. I spray diluted peppermint EO on my roots almost daily, I brush with my BBB everyday. I condition my ends every day and often wrap them up with conditioner in a bun. I live in a subtropical climate, it is humid here. It takes at least a week and a half for my sebum production to even start showing.

Zesty
September 19th, 2018, 03:58 PM
I've accidentally reduced my washing to once a week on Saturday (washing my hair in the evening during the week is a chore so I put it off), and I'm very surprised at how easy the transition was. Yeah, it gets a little greasy near the end of the cycle, but not too much more than when I washed twice a week. :shrug: And it's sooo much more convenient.

Mademoiselle
September 19th, 2018, 04:21 PM
2 times in a week

postpixie88
September 19th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Every other day lately, but since it's the end of summer and I'm not as active/dirty/sweaty my hair seems dried out by washing that frequently and I'm planning on decreasing it. I also have short (just above shoulders), mostly straight hair so there's not a lot of length to distribute my natural oils through.

LadyLongLocks
September 19th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Once a week but sometimes stretch it to 9 days with dry shampoo in between (Batiste)

EdG
September 19th, 2018, 08:50 PM
I wash every 1-3 days. I have been doing water-only washes for over 2 years.
Ed

BrightEyes
September 19th, 2018, 09:58 PM
I wash 2-3 times a week. I've tried stretching washes more, but my hair and scalp prefer to be washed more often.

Beckstar
September 19th, 2018, 10:07 PM
As needed.

Natashap
September 20th, 2018, 05:33 AM
Every 3 days ,was everyday washer as have oily scalp.

Trying to not wash often though have SD.

Dark40
September 20th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Every other day, I was also an everyday washer too because of oily scalp and hair. But is trying not to wash too often so that it doesn't dry it out.

Simsy
September 21st, 2018, 02:04 AM
Once a week; every Saturday morning. I can stretch an extra week if I’m working; I just need to detangle and oil on the Saturday, then not touch it for the next week. I can also skip shampoo or treatment for a week; but again, I have to be careful about how much I touch my hair until I can wash it properly.

As much as WO sound sounds really good and an excellent standby; my hair objects rather strenuously.

Estrid
September 21st, 2018, 02:09 AM
Every 4-5 days. It would be nice to have it be a once-a-week thing, but I'm not going to attempt to stretch it more anytime soon.

Vacurlylady
September 21st, 2018, 02:18 AM
I’m a curly girl and Co-wash every third or so days. I’m loving the freedom from every day washes when I was a pixie girl! 🤗

EmeraldSkies
September 21st, 2018, 07:48 AM
I wash twice a week. I find that clipping my fringe up and tying my hair prevents my hair from getting greasy fast. It's great that i can stretch washes because i wash my hair at night and it takes a long time to dry!

nikittyy
September 21st, 2018, 03:11 PM
I only wash my hair once a week if I can help it. I go through Monday-Wednesday with it down, and do updos the rest of the week with the help of dry shampoo. Then on Sunday I shampoo, do a deep conditioner for two hours, rinse it out, and then put a little leave in conditioner into it.

Bri-Chan
January 23rd, 2020, 03:21 AM
I usually wait 3 to 5 days between a wash and another. I don't like the idea of not washing my hair for so long because I spend more or less 3 hours on the bus/train almost everyday, I spend my days in a big city with a lot of smog (for the university). So I prefer to wash it often but with mild shampoo

SleepyTangles
January 23rd, 2020, 04:16 AM
It's a constant battle between washing seldomly enough that my dermatitis doesn't flare, and often enough to keep my scalp clean from gym sweat (leaving residues also triggers dermatitis). Sometimes rinsing with water Is not enough.
I can't really plan too much. I have to assess each day. It can range from every other day, to 2/3 days in between.

unheardletters
January 23rd, 2020, 08:15 AM
Usually once a week. But it depends on the migraines and occipital neuralgia, sometimes I just have to go much longer than only a week.

whoisida
January 24th, 2020, 05:40 AM
My hair gets soo oily, and I know that I have to try and wash it as little af possible, but it is so annoying :(. I use the Lush volume shampoo now and it seems to work a bit, but my hair still gets oily after one day after washing..

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2020, 08:12 AM
My hair gets soo oily, and I know that I have to try and wash it as little af possible, but it is so annoying :(. I use the Lush volume shampoo now and it seems to work a bit, but my hair still gets oily after one day after washing..

It is possible that SLS is too harsh for you, stripping too much oil so your scalp has to compensate.

Or it might not be that and you're someone who simply has to wash so often regardless of what you use :shrug: you may or may not wish to experiment to find out :)

whoisida
January 25th, 2020, 06:15 AM
It is possible that SLS is too harsh for you, stripping too much oil so your scalp has to compensate.

Or it might not be that and you're someone who simply has to wash so often regardless of what you use :shrug: you may or may not wish to experiment to find out :)

I thought Lush shampoos didn't have SLS in them? If so, then I will finish this bar and try to find one without it :(

Bri-Chan
January 25th, 2020, 06:37 AM
Yes, Lush shampoos are with SLS but I think the problem is the formulation, because I have a similar struggle with one of their bar, but I usually haven't any problem with liquid shampoo containing SLS

MusicalSpoons
January 25th, 2020, 07:49 AM
I thought Lush shampoos didn't have SLS in them? If so, then I will finish this bar and try to find one without it :(

Yes, Lush shampoos are with SLS but I think the problem is the formulation, because I have a similar struggle with one of their bar, but I usually haven't any problem with liquid shampoo containing SLS

All of their shampoos contain SLS, but their bars are kind of a concentrated version compared to liquid SLS shampoo. No more 'healthy' or natural than anything else, except for not having been tested on animals or having any packaging.

Sparkles122
January 25th, 2020, 10:19 AM
I was washing every other day, but now that my hair is getting longer ive been able to stretch it to every 3 days with no issue

basaghan
January 25th, 2020, 03:56 PM
No matter what I do I can't go longer than 2, maybe 3 days without washing, and that's with some creative up-do styling. I have both brutally oily roots and struggle with dandruff, and taking time between washes has only ever made both of my issues worse.

ExpectoPatronum
January 25th, 2020, 03:57 PM
I absolutely need to wash at least three times a week. I've tried stretching to twice a week but my scalp protests by getting flakey and itchy every single time.

curly girl fla
January 25th, 2020, 04:39 PM
every day. sometimes co, sometimes herbs, sometimes shampoo, sometimes bars...i just like to wash with every shower. i know i'm a misfit...

gustavonut
January 25th, 2020, 04:43 PM
At least 3 times a week depending on greasiness

Tinyponies
January 25th, 2020, 11:37 PM
Approximately once a fortnight in winter. Then my scalp will start to feel slightly itchy and I know it’s time.

Nymiriel
January 26th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Right now I am washing my hair every other day. I really want to be one those "once a week" types but it just won't work for me. Not only does my hair get really greasy, really fast, but it gets unbearably itchy and dandruffy too when I skip washes. I tried "training" my hair to go longer between washes several times and even made it up to 6 weeks once without a wash but the oil production never calmed down and I couldn't keep avoiding going out in public, lol. I am not sure it was actually good for my hair either as my scalp was sore for a while after that with little sore bumps on it.

I did do daily washes for a while too most recently so even though every other day still sounds frequent to me, I figure that cutting my washes (and drying) down by 50% is still fairly good.

cjk
January 26th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Every Saturday so it will be fresh for church on Sunday morning.

Though I don't always shampoo, sometimes it's only water or a CO wash. My hair really does not get dirty or even particularly oily. This is more of a preventative maintenance thing for me.

Groovy Granny
January 26th, 2020, 11:25 AM
I wash it once a week @ day 6 or 7.

Occasionally I will wash @ day 4 and 7 if I need Volume in Winter or we have had a very hot/humid spell in Summer.

shutterpillar
January 26th, 2020, 03:14 PM
Usually every other day because I exercise and get sweaty so often. My hair is fine, so it's harder for me to get away with remedying that with dry shampoo. Depending on what exercise I am doing, there are times I will be able to wash it every 2 days.

Untressed
January 26th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Usually weekly cowashing. Can be less or more frequent if needed.

Laurelann
January 26th, 2020, 03:58 PM
I used to wash my hair every day. Now I wash every other day. In November, my hair started falling out and I was quite upset; I tried going 3 days or so before washing because washing meant having to comb (i used to detangle comb wet) and combing meant seeing so much hair fall out as I combed .... so upsetting. I thought i could avoid what was happening to me by not washing as often.. that idea backfired and i got a huge case of seborrheic dermatitis which caused even more hair to fall out. Right now I'm washing every other day with tea tree shampoo and conditioner and wrapping my wet hair in one of those twisty towel things to blot dry then letting it air dry and finger detangling when dry. With fine hair and a hyper scalp I guess I need to make real sure my scalp does not get too oily.

bparnell75
January 26th, 2020, 04:48 PM
twice a week because I need to pouf for my face and oily hair does not look pretty pouffed.

poojasilk
January 29th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Two times a week right now, but I'm trying to transition to once a week

Laurab
January 29th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Still working on my perfect amount lol.
My hair's finally long enough that I feel comfortable wearing it up more often, so I can go longer without shampooing. I'd say lately it's been twice a weekish.
I've also been cowashing lately, with mixed results, but I don't want to have to shampoo every time I go to the gym.

Jasonlh
January 30th, 2020, 06:07 AM
Currently every 3 or 4 days, but as Laurab said, still working to figure out the optimal routine.

The_Eye
January 30th, 2020, 10:51 AM
Every 3 days would probably be the best, however when I train I wash every other day.....

Zesty
January 30th, 2020, 11:27 AM
I've accidentally reduced my washing to once a week on Saturday (washing my hair in the evening during the week is a chore so I put it off), and I'm very surprised at how easy the transition was. Yeah, it gets a little greasy near the end of the cycle, but not too much more than when I washed twice a week. :shrug: And it's sooo much more convenient.

This only lasted a few wash cycles. I am apparently able to stretch to a week every so often, but more than twice in a row and my scalp starts to burn :bigeyes: and demand to be washed.

So I wash twice a week, Friday or Saturday and Monday or Tuesday. I have for years and I will not mess with it again. :p

waff
February 3rd, 2020, 10:08 AM
twice a week and I learned to not try to push it to less than this. I have very problematic scalp (SD), and any time I try to go beyond 4 days to wash, I regret it immensely. My scalp seems very happy with this frequency of washing combined with weekly scalp treatments.

Gabrielina
February 3rd, 2020, 11:06 AM
Once a week

The-Young-Maid
February 3rd, 2020, 11:29 AM
I need to wash everyday or my scalp gets incredibly itchy. I went about 2 years with weekly washing and my scalp was always uncomfortable and I lost a lot of my hair. Now I wash daily with a strong sulfate shampoo and my scalp is much healthier. My hair has regained its thickness and then some. Nothing beats freshly washed hair!

Jaeie
February 3rd, 2020, 10:18 PM
It’s sporadic for me. I used to have a fairly strict schedule of washing ever other day. Now I wash whenever my hair needs it. It could be two days in a row, and then four days of no washing.

desisparkles
February 3rd, 2020, 10:35 PM
It makes me happy so I do it more. Every 3 days now. Don’t need to but that’s besides the point. I actually feel like my hair is growing faster, no joke.

shelomit
February 4th, 2020, 10:21 AM
Recently (since catching my hair on fire) I've been CO-washing every other day, including the scalp. My hair really seems to appreciate it, but having my hair wet so much is driving me slowly batty >.> I'll keep it up for as long as I can. The plus side is that I don't need to do a full wash with shampoo and everything so often, more like every few weeks than every week.

Liz_H
February 8th, 2020, 07:31 AM
Between my age and waist length hair, I can go 2 weeks easily. Around day 10, I use some dry shampoo which keeps it good for another few days. Sometime after a week I use a brush to distribute the sebum down the length. I start the brush just above the scalp. My scalp really likes Jason's tea tree shampoo.

I like that I can enjoy the time to pamper my hair when I do wash it.

Mlarmour
February 9th, 2020, 01:33 PM
Every 3-4 day. I can go up to a week without washing but my scalp dictate how long I can go without washing.

Joyful Mystery
February 9th, 2020, 03:36 PM
I made the decision very recently to wash my hair 3x a week instead of every other day. I really don’t mind washing every other day and my hair and scalp are happy with that but I’d like to have set days for washing so I’m trying to wash on Saturdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays. It’s really just one day a week where I have to stretch one wash. If I don’t like it or it doesn’t work out for whatever reason then I’ll return to every other day.

Dutchbraids
February 9th, 2020, 09:35 PM
I'm struggling with a greasy scalp right now, so I'm washing it every 2 days. Which for me means I have a day for it to dry, and one day to enjoy it before it's greasy again...

jane_marie
February 9th, 2020, 09:39 PM
I wash it whenever it needs it and I have time. Typically that's one or t10 times a week. I would prefer once every three days but sometimes I don't have the time.

Ylva
February 10th, 2020, 12:26 AM
I made the decision very recently to wash my hair 3x a week instead of every other day. I really don’t mind washing every other day and my hair and scalp are happy with that but I’d like to have set days for washing so I’m trying to wash on Saturdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays. It’s really just one day a week where I have to stretch one wash. If I don’t like it or it doesn’t work out for whatever reason then I’ll return to every other day.

Am I the only one who thinks '3x a week' and 'every other day' are practically synonymous? :D

Of course, I get that you're now washing on set days which don't vary. :)

Belgrade Beauty
February 10th, 2020, 01:29 AM
I would love to start washing Wednesday and Sunday only,but since highschool hormonal tornado, my hair is way more oily. When I was a kid, until highschool I washed only Saturdays,cause on Sunday we have to go to church and you got to go clean to the chruch :)

MusicalSpoons
February 10th, 2020, 05:10 AM
I'm struggling with a greasy scalp right now, so I'm washing it every 2 days. Which for me means I have a day for it to dry, and one day to enjoy it before it's greasy again...

Your stats indicate your hair is long enough to try scalp-only washing (keeping the lengths dry) if you wanted - if you're not already doing that.

CopperButterfly
February 10th, 2020, 11:38 AM
I do scalp only washing every day. My scalp gets oily so fast. I skip a day and it is so oily it looks wet. Anyway, I'll get my full length wet on Saturdays and do CWC.

Servana
February 10th, 2020, 03:22 PM
My scalp is so greasy that I should be washing every day, but it takes forever to dry so I wash every other day. It's so greasy on the second day 😬

FennFire911
February 13th, 2020, 07:12 PM
I wash every 3rd or 4th day, basically twice a week. I could stretch to 5 days but at that point it looks visibly wet, and since my hair is light, the sebum makes it look a much darker shade, nearly a golden brown.
This is an improvement for me. I used to have to wash daily no matter what. It’s nice to not have to make it an every day thing.

Dark40
February 16th, 2020, 10:38 AM
I wash every 3rd or 4th day, basically twice a week. I could stretch to 5 days but at that point it looks visibly wet, and since my hair is light, the sebum makes it look a much darker shade, nearly a golden brown.
This is an improvement for me. I used to have to wash daily no matter what. It’s nice to not have to make it an every day thing.

Yeah, me too. I also wash mine 2 or 3 times a week too. Sometimes I can stretch it to 7 days but after that it starts to look really greasy and product build-up on it since my hair is on the fine/thick side. It is very nice to not have to make it an everyday thing. But sometimes I think of going back washing it daily. Because, I really enjoy doing my hair.

bparnell75
February 17th, 2020, 11:21 AM
Usually twice a week/ Would like to so scalp washing if I could fine a good protocol to do it.

desisparkles
February 17th, 2020, 02:44 PM
More and more lately like 2 sometimes 3 times a week. And my hair seems to be growing faster. I take pics and am seeing progress, major progress so I’m going to keep it up.

knobbly
February 17th, 2020, 09:23 PM
Once a week or a bit longer? I’ve always been lazy about getting my hair wet and my scalp is pretty easygoing.

AutobotsAttack
February 18th, 2020, 12:00 AM
Every day or every other day. Shampoo wash only twice out of the week. Other days are strictly cowashing days.

demonamay
March 30th, 2020, 08:09 PM
I wash once a week. Never more than that as my hair is fine & somewhat oily. It never gets completely greasy though even though I wash not very often. I’ve been washing this way for two years with zero trims & zero splits. It’s working for me.

hennalonghair
March 30th, 2020, 09:28 PM
About every 5 days or so. Sometimes I stretch it out to a week but my scalp gets itchy if I leave it too long. My hair is quite thick .

Hexana
March 31st, 2020, 01:21 AM
I also wash 2 times per week (every 3 to 4 days),. Stretching it more makes my scalp angry to the point that it hurts even the second day after washing. Don't really know why, because I don't get flakes or anything similar really. :shrug:

Jools69
March 31st, 2020, 04:08 AM
I wash 1-2 times a week. My scalp also becomes itchy and coupled with eczema/psoriasis, I cannot let it go longer than a week without washing. In warmer and humid climes - especially when I visit Australia - I wash every second or third day.

GoldenRussian
March 31st, 2020, 12:09 PM
I used to wash it twice a week, now I'm transitioning to once a week.

clandestine
March 31st, 2020, 11:27 PM
I let my scalp decide. I used to try and stretch washes past my scalps comfort point and always had to deal with a troubled scalp.

Dark40
April 1st, 2020, 11:59 AM
Sometimes I wash it whenever I feel like it. Or, whenever I see that both my hair and scalp is greasy that's when I'll wash it.

lapushka
April 3rd, 2020, 04:50 AM
My mom last "did her hair" in February, I believe. It's April right now and she will be doing it for Easter. Cut, color, roller set, the works this time. Last time, she didn't have to color it.

Plenty of hair color for her still at home (thank goodness), finding it now is a chore.

I am still a weekly washer, even with this crisis.

elise.autumn
April 3rd, 2020, 03:43 PM
I wash twice a week, could probably go 1 week for my hair itself, but my scalp has started itching/hurting beyond 4 days. I'm not sure why, but I'm okay with twice a week for now.

LadyMikaelson
April 14th, 2020, 01:27 PM
3 times a week, but I think I can stretch to twice a week. I'm just not ready yet. :P

lilbee
April 14th, 2020, 05:04 PM
I wash every 4 to 7 days, depending of the season and my activities. I wash more during summer, if I sweat, or if I work in a dusty environment. I wash less in winter and if I work indoors. It may happen that I wash almost every day when I go to the sea or the swimming pool.