PDA

View Full Version : Growing hair at a faster rate

LittleOgre
September 16th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Hello! I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or know any information on how you can grow your hair faster. My hair grows at a standard 1/2 inch every month but I am aiming for at least an inch every month. Any ideas you guys would like to share? I've heard the ketoconazole shampoo can grow hair but there doesn't seem to be much evidence on that. So far the only things I know is the inversion method, rosemary, and onion/cayenne/garlic juice combination. Any ideas, knowledge, or threads you know of that have any information at hand?

DoomKitty
September 16th, 2018, 08:15 PM
I take an iron and folate supplement (for anemia), a women's multivitamin and a hair skin and nails multivitamin. I've noticed my nails are growing faster and stronger, and my hair growth didn't stall over this winter like it normally does. I also have a smoothie every day with lots of fruit, berries, spinach, yogurt and chia.

Corvana
September 16th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Honestly the only thing you can do is make sure you're as healthy as you can be and hope that helps. Your hair has a range of growth speed, and there's no real way to get it to go higher than that. You can try to maximize your own growth, but it's not guaranteed, and you can't get it to grow any faster than you're genetically predisposed to.

lunasea
September 16th, 2018, 08:51 PM
I find I post this on a regular basis. It's the ONLY thing that works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA

Evana
September 16th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Most hair supplements contain more or less the same ingredients: Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin B3, and Vitamin A, all of which have been shown to be essential for hair growth. These elements are also essential for the body to function as efficiently as it can, and many of them can be found in a variety of foods and beverages. These vitamins have been shown to be essential vitamins for hair growth. To maintain shiny, healthy hair and provide the nutrients your hair needs, maintain a balanced diet with these top vitamins for hair growth. These vitamins work to promote healthy hair and your longest, thickest and fastest possible hair growth.
01. Vitamin A
02. Vitamin B
03. Vitamin C
04. Vitamin D
05. Vitamin E
06. Niacin
07. Biotin
08. Iron
09. Fish Oil
10. Zinc
these vitamins can grow your hair faster

Spikey
September 16th, 2018, 10:14 PM
I would agree with Corvana. Just try to make sure that you are as healthy as can be, and stimulating blood flow to your scalp (which is part of the inversion method) doesn't hurt.

I believe vitamins can speed growth if you are deficient in something specific, but overall I would caution you against taking too many vitamins or taking them without talking to a doctor first. It is possible to overdose on vitamins, and if you are already getting a balanced diet, they really won't do much for you.

Overall, research everything thoroughly, even if it seems "natural".

VersLaLumière
September 17th, 2018, 01:20 AM
I do notice a difference in growth rate whenever I’m eating an optimal diet (including a lots of fresh, whole, unprocessed foods. Stress and hydration also affect things. Last summer my hair had a bit of a stall - I was working too hard and too much at the time, eating ok but not my best, and drinking too much coffee and not enough water. In July that year I did a 1” trim that seemed to take forever to grow out. Versus this summer, on an optimal diet with lower stress, my growth rate seemed significant. I did a 1” trim in July and was pretty surprised to see it had all grown out again within three weeks.

I don’t take any supplements other than alternating B complex and B-12 a couple times a week as a kind of insurance (since I don’t eat dairy and I eat very little meat - usually one day a week). My doctor ran blood tests and everything came up good so if I don’t need a bunch of extra supplements then I’d rather not take them. I tried hair vitamins before but if there was any difference at all, it was negligible. The nutrition in food seems to work best for me, if I’m eating well.

VersLaLumière
September 17th, 2018, 01:27 AM
I would agree with Corvana. Just try to make sure that you are as healthy as can be, and stimulating blood flow to your scalp (which is part of the inversion method) doesn't hurt.

I believe vitamins can speed growth if you are deficient in something specific, but overall I would caution you against taking too many vitamins or taking them without talking to a doctor first. It is possible to overdose on vitamins, and if you are already getting a balanced diet, they really won't do much for you.

Overall, research everything thoroughly, even if it seems "natural".

Agreed! I second this advice here 🙂

Lady Stardust
September 17th, 2018, 01:51 AM
I find I post this on a regular basis. It's the ONLY thing that works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA

Brilliant :)

TreesOfEternity
September 17th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Best advice I have is to take as good care of your hair as possible so you don't have to LOSE length due to trims :flower: if there was a miracle product everyone would be growing at that rate already!
The difficult part isn't to grow fast, it's to retain length in my opinion.

Ligeia Noire
September 17th, 2018, 09:44 AM
An inch a month.... wow..

lapushka
September 17th, 2018, 10:05 AM
If you get 1/2 inch a month, be glad, that is average growth, some don't even get as much as that. The people that grow faster are rather exceptional. I would not mess with so-called "miracle growth" stuff, as I think, fear, it would do more harm than good.

Just... be patient. Good luck! :flower:

zashin66
September 17th, 2018, 11:18 AM
i thought about a hair nails supplement but my hair got the genes for thick and nails got the genes for thin. i don't want thicker hair just longer hair. :hatchet: but 'patience' is working for me. the benign neglect has been my guru....(small laugh):lol:

Natalia_A00
September 17th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Best advice I have is to take as good care of your hair as possible so you don't have to LOSE length due to trims :flower: if there was a miracle product everyone would be growing at that rate already!
The difficult part isn't to grow fast, it's to retain length in my opinion.
This is the key! Protect it, take care of it and you won't have to trim as often... So you'll have really long hair sooner

Natalia_A00
September 17th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Whenever I get frustrated about my hair growth, I look at pictures from months ago or one year ago, and I realize that my hair has grown a lot. Sometimes we don't notice how much our hair grows because we see it everyday, we don't notice the difference very well. It's like when I was a kid and I felt that I was not growing, but in fact I was growing like crazy. Try not to think too much about the length and let it be, you will notice the results (also take good care of it!)

Arciela
September 17th, 2018, 12:12 PM
I've never bothered with this stuff as my hair somehow grows an inch a month, my grandmothers hair was the same way. All I know is due to some health issues, I can only really eat fruits and veggies, I mostly eat those and have to make sure I am not deficient in any vitamins..but my hair always grew at this rate even when I was a child. I would like to think eating healthy and exercising would help hair to grow faster but I am unaware if there is any research proving this :flower:

lillii
September 17th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Switching to a bamboo brush has helped my hair start growing fast. As well as a deep conditioning treatment every two weeks, finding the right shampoo, and oiling hair daily.

Ylva
September 17th, 2018, 03:20 PM
The only thing that has made a difference in my hair growth rate is giving myself head massages with my head upside down. I use a mix of JBCO, a runnier oil, vitamin E oil and some essential oils on my scalp during those massages, but I honestly don't know if they have contributed anything. I just don't see or have experienced any harm in it, so I continue to do that. I try to remember to give myself a head massage every day. The purpose of it is to increase circulation to your scalp. The first time I did the inversion method, I didn't even do it properly, only massaging maybe 3 times a week and my hair grew 1 cm a week that time (I know this to be a fact because I did it right after having my roots bleached). I haven't been able to replicate that result since, but I also haven't done it that often since.

In general, I try to control stress, eat healthy, exercise a bit and of course, protect the existing hair and take good care of it generally.

LittleOgre
September 17th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Fair enough, I'll try to enjoy my short length now... but I still want to find ways to grow it. So I'll try to the inversion method. Drink plenty of water and what not. I am not sure about eating 100% healthy... I tend to suck at controlling my urges to eat a pile of cookies, cakes, or burgers in one sitting but we will see. If it's for hair maybe I will try to commit xD.

LittleHealthy
September 18th, 2018, 12:33 AM
Lunasea Bahaha that video is perfect!!! It should be linked under every dodgy ad for miracle hair growing products!

Ylva
September 18th, 2018, 07:56 AM
I am not sure about eating 100% healthy... I tend to suck at controlling my urges to eat a pile of cookies, cakes, or burgers in one sitting but we will see. If it's for hair maybe I will try to commit xD.

Haha, it's not too serious. Happiness and relaxation are also important for growing healthy hair! :D

paulownia
September 18th, 2018, 11:53 PM
Drinking nettle infusion works for me:) makes hair grow faster.
Using various topical solutions - mostly herbal - can speed up the hair growth. Or at stop hair loss and give you lots of baby hair:) I'm currently using Weledas Hair Tonic with rosemary.
Shampoos that stimulate hair growth are also a thing ... those with caffeine, different extracts, essential oils (rosemary again).

September 19th, 2018, 01:39 AM
Dunno, my hair always grown fast... My issue was always tangles, ****ty hair quality and hair loss BUT they grown fast. For my nails I see quicker growth when I oil my hands and what works on my nails works similarly on my hair so I'd say heavy and frequent oiling should do the trick. Henna is effective for me for hair loss but I don't know if it speeds up the rest of the hair... prevents bald patches, for sure. I've seen it in some growth serums/remedies so it might also speed up growth, not sure.

nikittyy
September 21st, 2018, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure if that's humanely possible. I mean you could try taking vitamins or maybe biotin, but you should also focus on keeping the split ends at bay and just pampering your hair.