PDA

View Full Version : I have a large space between hip and tailbone, is that normal?

Andthetalltrees
September 11th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Calling hip the top of my hip bones, and calling tailbone as a bit above mid butt. Measuring it looks like tailbone is going to be another 7-8" from hip. I'm use to my milestones being less than 5 inches apart being short(5'2) so this gap seems quite...Unusual. Looks like it's going to be quite the marathon after I call hip, Better get all zen for the next year :cloud9:

JennGalt
September 11th, 2018, 04:11 PM
I don’t think it’s weird at all. HL to TBL seems to be taking forever. I haven’t measured, but in the mirror it looks like the distance between hip and tailbone is longer than other milestones. I didn’t really notice a midback abyss, but there’s definitely an abyss further down.

Maybe we have similar builds. I’m short too, 159 cm/just under 5’3”.

AutobotsAttack
September 11th, 2018, 04:13 PM
It’s normal.

Espeacially if you have a big booty. Top of hip to tailbone for me is also 7-8 inches. I made tailbone and it took longer than any of my other milestones.

Even if you don’t have a big butt, it’s normal if your torso is longer than your lower half or your lower half is longer and you have a short torso.

Andthetalltrees
September 11th, 2018, 04:27 PM
I don’t think it’s weird at all. HL to TBL seems to be taking forever. I haven’t measured, but in the mirror it looks like the distance between hip and tailbone is longer than other milestones. I didn’t really notice a midback abyss, but there’s definitely an abyss further down.

Maybe we have similar builds. I’m short too, 159 cm/just under 5’3”.
We should make a new thing, The bottom abyss :cool: Yeah I also didn't notice midback taking that long, it was only 3.5" between BSL and waist on me.

It’s normal.

Espeacially if you have a big booty. Top of hip to tailbone for me is also 7-8 inches. I made tailbone and it took longer than any of my other milestones.

Even if you don’t have a big butt, it’s normal if your torso is longer than your lower half or your lower half is longer and you have a short torso.

I definitely hold most of my weight through my hip/butt area even losing weight it doesn't seem to budge, I didn't think that could be a factor but I guess you make a point!

MoonRabbit
September 11th, 2018, 05:45 PM
I'm 5'2 and the distance between hip and tailbone on myself is 6 inches. So it seems perfectly normal to me.

trolleypup
September 11th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Just wait...classic to knee is a long one too.

school of fish
September 11th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Yup, it's a fair stretch between those milestones on my body as well - I think it's a pretty common thing :)

Doreen
September 12th, 2018, 01:02 AM
I'm also 5'2" and have the same distance. I have violin hips/high hips so I wonder if that's it?

Corvana
September 12th, 2018, 01:15 AM
I think that's why "buttcrack length" is a milestone :laugh:. A halfway point between the two, if you will.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 12th, 2018, 01:47 AM
Certainly it's normal :)

lapushka
September 12th, 2018, 04:54 AM
We should make a new thing, The bottom abyss :cool: Yeah I also didn't notice midback taking that long, it was only 3.5" between BSL and waist on me.

Yeah, I can see that being "a thing". ;)

And then there's the "depths of knee".

MusicalSpoons
September 12th, 2018, 05:46 AM
I think that's why "buttcrack length" is a milestone :laugh:. A halfway point between the two, if you will.

That's what I thought too! :D

Just wait...classic to knee is a long one too.

Oh yup. It's 12" on me at average height and average, um, 'cushioning' behind. I had to break it down into classic, FTL, mid-thigh, lower-thigh (last quarter) and knee for my own sanity :grin: must be even worse for taller people and/or people with more toned derrieres!

Suortuva
September 12th, 2018, 08:01 AM
I'm not anywhere near these milestones, this thread just made me curious, and it looks like I have more than 8" between hip and tailbone, and I'm not tall.

Fairyxlights
September 12th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I can see that being "a thing". ;)

And then there's the "depths of knee".

I'm no where near knee or hip but as someone who is over 6 foot, the distance between classic and knee will end up being around a foot. A full foot. Curse my tall ancestors.

zashin66
September 12th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Yah I have a long distance for the classic to knee but I have long arms so I am going to concentrate of fingertip as the next goal. I am hoping to hit fingertip by next August, 2019. I would say next May, 2019 since that is my birthday month but I don't think I will make that. It seemed like a long time from hip to BCL and tailbone for me too. I wonder if there was breakage due to the more frequent touching of the ends where I sit. I had to do some re-adjusting to accommodate the new growth. Change some habits etc. Now that I am at classic my ends have been sat on a lot, caught up in shirts-pants-drawers-cupboards, and I have been feeling guilty as heck about not being more gentle with them.:taz::justy:

Andthetalltrees
September 12th, 2018, 09:32 AM
The longest I plan on going is fingertip length, So sadly I guess I won't get to experience the depth of knee :( (Unless I get LCHitis :P)

spidermom
September 12th, 2018, 09:45 AM
We're all shaped a little differently. Last grow-round, the milestones that took the longest were BSL to waist and hip to classic, especially bad since it seemed my ends started unraveling and breaking off around tailbone.

ravenskey
September 12th, 2018, 11:18 AM
For me:
WL-HL 3.5"
HL-BCL 4.5
BCL-TBL 3"
TBL-CL 4"
This time - I've measured my self several time and each time I've gotten a different number, but somewhere around that.

AutobotsAttack
September 14th, 2018, 12:14 AM

I definitely hold most of my weight through my hip/butt area even losing weight it doesn't seem to budge, I didn't think that could be a factor but I guess you make a point!

It more than likely could be the bumps and curves of your lower body. I don’t think actual bone structure would change, but the curvature of everything covering our bone structure probably plays a big enough role in determining how far milestones are. Hence the whole bigger butt, larger space lol, or shorter-longer torsos, all that Jazz.

squirrrel
September 14th, 2018, 03:23 AM
I have discovered that some of my milestones have grown as I have learned to stand with a better posture. I ‘grew’ a full inch that way over my late 20’s.

Alissalocks
September 14th, 2018, 08:29 AM
I'm just now pulling into HL and heading towards TBL... looks like about 7-8" for me too. Could be by Christmas 2019 (!) ...that seems really far away today. ;)

I don't even wanna think about thigh... I already know I have uber long femurs, so.... #LHCProblems

JadedByEntropy
September 14th, 2018, 07:26 PM
It depends on the length of your torso and proportions, as everyone is discovering pretty quickly. milestones are unique for everyone! :D
I'm tall with high hips so my mid-back abyss was nothing. now i'm in the 'wow i've got some legs' territory.

true!!! its a nice in between milestone :laugh: so is FTL for thigh.

We should make a new thing, The bottom abyss...
i'm pretty sure i remember there being a but-crack abyss or something while i was passing through.