PDA

View Full Version : What is my hair type?

Tintti
September 11th, 2018, 11:24 AM
I was diagnosed with alopecia areata when I was younger. I have since managed to grow my hair to mid back lenght. I am really happy about that and wish to grow it a lot longer (if I am lucky enough to do so).

Lately I have been wondering what my hair type is. The hair that I didn't loose (the hair underneath) is mostly just straight with some very loose waves. Since I started taking better care of my hair, it has been a bit wavier than it used to be. The hair that I lost (the hair on top of my head and most of the left side) how ever is a bit tricky. Hopefully you can see it in my profile picture. Images are a bit hard to put in mobile and I habe never used this site before. The ends are curlier (loose, spiral-like curls) and the curls turn into really loose waves. My roots are all pretty much straight. Any suggestions?

Also if you have any hair care advice for my hair type (??/m/iii) I would really appreciate it. My hair is a mess.

Lapwing
September 11th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Hi :)

IŽd check Naturally Curly. They have stuff that will help you ID your hair type! Good luck and sorry I couldnŽt be of more assistance.

Tintti
September 11th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Anything helps. I will be sure to check. Thank you :)

Lapwing
September 11th, 2018, 11:56 AM
My pleasure and congrats with growing your hair to such an impressive length! Hope Naturally Curly can help :)

Tintti
September 11th, 2018, 12:03 PM
My pleasure and congrats with growing your hair to such an impressive length! Hope Naturally Curly can help :)

Thanks! :) I wasn't actually sure if I could grow it this long.

I've been browsing it and there seems to be lots of hair care related information. Maybe there's hope for my hair after all...

Lapwing
September 11th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Naturally Curly has a lot of material and it can be overwhelming to start with. Bear with me, you will learn to navigate the forum soon enough :) IŽm sure youŽll find aid from there :pegasus:

GrowlingCupcake
September 11th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Based on your description, and the picture, I'd say 2a with 2c. You probably have all the 2s.

lapushka
September 11th, 2018, 03:13 PM
If it is spirally and ringletty in some places I'd say 2c (it is the typical descriptor of 2c).

And there really is no need to leave this site to get a hairtyping. We do it all the time here. No worries. If your profile picture is a hairtyping picture (according to the guidelines here), then no problem.

And BTW, welcome to the forum.