PDA

View Full Version : Confessions: I Will Never Be a LHC Die-Hard Because....

Reyn
September 8th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Have another fun thread...

I will never be a LHC die-hard because...

I like to wear my hair down and unprotected from the elements (especially the dance floor where I roll around and hair flip over and over). At least twice a week.

EssleyBlue
September 8th, 2018, 09:09 AM
"I will never be a LHC die-hard because..."

I don't want to grow my hair past waist length or even mid-back length (did I say that out loud?)

2gaits
September 8th, 2018, 09:18 AM
I get the urge for a short sassy cut! Even tho my hair looks better longer.

CopperButterfly
September 8th, 2018, 09:23 AM
... because I love getting a big chop after having long hair for a while, and I enjoy short hair just as much as long hair.

elsiedeluxe
September 8th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Huh. I'm thinking and not coming up with anything. Does that mean I might someday be a die-hard LHC-er?

illicitlizard
September 8th, 2018, 09:26 AM
...heat tools are too enjoyable to stop using

neko_kawaii
September 8th, 2018, 09:31 AM
. . .because my hair is not antique lace. It is hair and I have other things to spend my time and energy on.

ravenskey
September 8th, 2018, 09:43 AM
I like showing off my natural waves in half ups.
Buns are nice, enjoying hair is better - also I'm mostly growing out of curiosity as to how long it will get, realistically I won't keep it longer than Classic length even if it it can grow longer. We'll see.

lapushka
September 8th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Huh. I'm thinking and not coming up with anything. Does that mean I might someday be a die-hard LHC-er?

Could be. ;)

. . .because my hair is not antique lace. It is hair and I have other things to spend my time and energy on.

Oh, I don't think I adhere to that rule either. I do treat it gently, but I don't put it on display in a cupboard like antique lace. It's still just "hair" to me, and above all else, it needs to be practical! And I need to be able to put it up and wear it down to bed, that's the only requirement.

gossamer
September 8th, 2018, 09:46 AM

YES! This is me 100%

MsKafka
September 8th, 2018, 10:39 AM
YES! This is me 100%

This and the fact that once I finally grow long hair, I get too excited about stuff I could do it and end up ruining it lol (first time I straightened it too much, second time I bleach sprayed and permed it)

spidermom
September 8th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Because I like variety.

Ylva
September 8th, 2018, 10:45 AM
... I sleep with my hair loose (and wet) and have a cotton pillowcase.

I wouldn't mind a different kind of pillow case, but I'll probably always want to sleep with my hair loose. However, I do try to keep it from rubbing against the pillowcase too much, and I lay it somewhere behind my head.

Obsidian
September 8th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Because I don't want extra long hair and I like to wear it down more than up. If I have pretty long hair, I want it to be free so I can enjoy it.

TwilightMermaid
September 8th, 2018, 10:55 AM
I will never be an LHC die-hard because I'm okay with using sulfates on my curls

Jas
September 8th, 2018, 11:02 AM
...because I manipulate it into a different style most days.

Does that count? Yesterday I broke some hairs trying to get one of those stupid mini elastics back out again :c

C_Bookworm
September 8th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Because daily washes and frequently wearing it down are non-negotiable to my version of enjoying long hair.

Natalia_A00
September 8th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Because daily washes and frequently wearing it down are non-negotiable to my version of enjoying long hair.
Same
I prefer to wear it down and sometimes I'm too lazy to do a proper bun, even at home

Natalia_A00
September 8th, 2018, 11:31 AM
I like washing my hair everyday too
But I'm generally a LHC die-hard. I wouldn't want my hair any other way (shorter)

lapushka
September 8th, 2018, 11:32 AM
I will never be an LHC die-hard because I'm okay with using sulfates on my curls

LHC is open to both sides of the coin. It's not that you're excluded if you wash with sulfates. Don't confuse it with just the CG method. LHC accepts so much, it's a YMMV (your mileage may vary) thing. :)

I love that about this place!

ETA

And it's always better if we can *share* things like this instead of having to hide it from people for fear of being excluded somewhere, I find!

daisy rei
September 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM
I will never be a LHC die-hard because I'll never learn how to French braid! :bigeyes: I keep telling myself to practice but I've never attempted it before in my life, haha.

EdG
September 8th, 2018, 12:06 PM
I am not putting food in my hair. :rollin:
Ed

MusicalSpoons
September 8th, 2018, 12:30 PM

I thought that too, until I read this post:

I think I'm a longhair die-hard, because I will never willingly have short hair. But my long hair has to fit into my life - sometimes I'm able to give it more attention than at other times, and I'm happy to make changes to my routine as long as they fit into my life and circumstances :)

As an aside, I do actually make lace, and it can be designed to be a bit more robust than people might think ;)

Stray_mind
September 8th, 2018, 12:36 PM
I will never be a LHC die hard, because i like having big chops sometimes and kinda enjoy short hair on myself, i don't panic over a few snapped hairs, neither over some lost hair, i also never s&d. I like normal, regular trims.

Lizabeth94
September 8th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I'll never be an lch die hard, because my migraines will probably prevent me from growing it as long as I want, and the pool chemicals where I work are going to destroy my hair eventually no matter how hard I try to minimize the damage. I love long hair, but not at the expense of my migraines and my job.

ShirleyAnn
September 8th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Because of Aspie sensory issues. While I like the way my hair LOOKS long, I can't stand for it to touch my face. Barretted and pony tails are irritating and I can only tolerate certain headbands.
A lot of sensory stuff I thought I outgrew is bugging me again in my 50s.

Wendyclaire
September 8th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I have to wear my hair down or off to one side. I have to put it in a pt at night or it gets in my way. I hate buns on me or any worse man. Sorry but I’m do!

nycelle
September 8th, 2018, 02:48 PM
..... I don't wear protective styles. My go to bun is a messy one in either in a claw clip, or an invsibobble with a couple of bobby pins to help keep it in place.
Anything more complicated isn't gonna happen for me.
I don't want it past my waist. Waist seems to be my sweet spot.
I miss coloring too much. Not sure how my longer I can stay away from changing it up.

Joules
September 8th, 2018, 03:09 PM
I'm wondering if this thread is kinda...exaggerating what this community is? I mean, it's a group of people who grow their hair and enjoy it, using sulfates, wearing hair down and sleeping on a wrong kind of pillowcase doesn't really change this fact, it's more of a YMMV type of thing. Or am I overthinking this? :bluebiggr

Anyway, I'll never be a LHC die-hard, because my sensitive scalp doesn't allow me to wear buns all day every day and I have to do braids.

*Wednesday*
September 8th, 2018, 03:23 PM
I'm wondering if this thread is kinda...exaggerating what this community is? I mean, it's a group of people who grow their hair and enjoy it, using sulfates, wearing hair down and sleeping on a wrong kind of pillowcase doesn't really change this fact, it's more of a YMMV type of thing. Or am I overthinking this? :bluebiggr

Anyway, I'll never be a LHC die-hard, because my sensitive scalp doesn't allow me to wear buns all day every day and I have to do braids.

Yes. Indeed Joules.

I won't be a LHC die hard because I enjoy wearing my hair down at least once to twice a week.

Chromis
September 8th, 2018, 03:42 PM

That was my thought too. There are no "hair rules" on LHC. We have people who wash with all sorts of things, people use heat, don't use heat, dye, never dye, dye with henna, people who wear it up or down or on the ground (or not all!)

Anyhow judging by my post count, I am totally an LHC die-hard!

The-Young-Maid
September 8th, 2018, 04:42 PM
But there are hair rules tho. They might not be called LHC rules but they are generally understood to be healthy hair rules. They work for most people so they are recommended to every newbie. Which is fine but when the rules don't work for you it's because you're doing something "wrong". Sometimes you just get a tsk tsk < of course most people aren't like this but you can feeeel that attitude from people occasionally.

I will never be a LHC die-hard because I don't treat my hair like antique lace! I did that for years and always wore it up and got so tired of it. I was so paranoid about breakage and split ends. Turns out updos were doing more harm than good HA! I wear it down everyday now and I enjoy it so much. Stretching washes never worked for me so I wash daily now. I don't used a BBB. And I'm not obsessing over longer lengths.

MotherofPhoenix
September 8th, 2018, 05:36 PM
...because there's a cute boy I have a crush on a I've decided to use heat on my hair next time I see him *hides face lol*

ursaV
September 8th, 2018, 05:38 PM
I'm going to say I love wearing it down too! I love feeling the sun and wind on my hair and I think that is only going to be more enjoyable as it gets longer :o Also, I don't think I could ever sleep with a silk pillowcase or bonnet, I'm get so hot when I sleep. DBF says it's like sleeping next to a space heater lol, so I need to be loose and free.

Crna Kosa
September 8th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Because my neck gets really stiff when wearing my hair up, so I wear it in a braid most of the time.

Isobibbel
September 8th, 2018, 06:45 PM
because I am a hair dye addict and just broke a two year no bleach streak to re-do my ombre!
i regret nothing!!!!!

AutobotsAttack
September 8th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Because “Die-Hard” and “Obsession” are two things that start to blur for me personally. I enjoy seeing my hair grow to longer lengths, and keeping stuff simple and basic, but I like focusing my attention and energy on other things a heck of a lot more.

akurah
September 8th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Because when i get a faerie knot that has to be cut out, if my hair scissors aren’t available I’ll use anything from regular scissors to nail clippers to get it out rather than wait and locate the knot again later

EdG
September 8th, 2018, 08:44 PM

Anyway, I'll never be a LHC die-hard, because my sensitive scalp doesn't allow me to wear buns all day every day and I have to do braids.Every online special interest group has a stereotype of what its members aspire to. The stereotype is often an exaggeration of real members. This is done to reinforce the special interest and also to provide humor by poking fun at ourselves.

I think of the stereotypical LHC'er as someone who:

Thinks their hair is not long enough even though it is a tripping hazard
Has a closet full of hair toys and an empty bank account
Uses food items also as hair-care items

Granted, some LHC'ers really do these things. The best humor is often not too far from the truth. ;)
Ed

Corvana
September 8th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Every online special interest group has a stereotype of what its members aspire to. The stereotype is often an exaggeration of real members. This is done to reinforce the special interest and also to provide humor by poking fun at ourselves.

I think of the stereotypical LHC'er as someone who:

Thinks their hair is not long enough even though it is a tripping hazard
Has a closet full of hair toys and an empty bank account
Uses food items also as hair-care items

Granted, some LHC'ers really do these things. The best humor is often not too far from the truth. ;)
Ed

Yes! I saw this thread as a poke on the stereotypical LHCer who does all those things, and also never wears their hair down ever, or uses any sort of heat tool, or touches their hair outside of putting it up/washing it/detangling it/S&D. That sort of thing. (and tbh there's nothing wrong with a person who does all that)

That's why my answer to this thread is:

... because I like to play with my hair, and I like it down sometimes when it's not annoying. I pet my hair a lot when it's down, and twirl it and touch it and stroke it. I don't even notice half the time :laugh:.

Eastbound&Down
September 8th, 2018, 09:26 PM

I wouldn't mind a different kind of pillow case, but I'll probably always want to sleep with my hair loose. However, I do try to keep it from rubbing against the pillowcase too much, and I lay it somewhere behind my head.

Regardless of how long it gets, I will always sleep eith it loose. And sleeping with it wet gives me a better curl pattern.

Jo Ann
September 8th, 2018, 09:44 PM
I will never be an LHC die-hard because I'm lazy 8)

Chromis
September 8th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Yes! I saw this thread as a poke on the stereotypical LHCer who does all those things, and also never wears their hair down ever, or uses any sort of heat tool, or touches their hair outside of putting it up/washing it/detangling it/S&D. That sort of thing. (and tbh there's nothing wrong with a person who does all that)

... because I like to play with my hair, and I like it down sometimes when it's not annoying. I pet my hair a lot when it's down, and twirl it and touch it and stroke it. I don't even notice half the time :laugh:.

Soooo, if we did that before we found LHC too do that make us hipsters? In before it was cool!

(Teasing, teasing! I really hate having hair in my face and am pretty sure I would give myself second degree burns if I'd ever tried using heat anyhow.)

Crystawni
September 9th, 2018, 12:32 AM
Ooooh, gawd, I suck at this thread. You've only got to see my post count, too, to see that. :grin: I, um... well, I could say I comb my hair any which way it needs it, and that may not be from the bottom to top each time (although primarily it is... kinda :wethree:). The fine webs need what the fine webs need. And only cotton pillow cases for me, too, although they are a higher thread count. And I wear my hair down or in looser styles a fair bit (but the constant heat where I live sends it up off my neck most of the time). Aaaand, and, and, I use cones and sulphates whenever I feel like it. So there! :p :p :p

school of fish
September 9th, 2018, 12:44 AM
In similar tongue-in-cheek spirit of this thread itself, I think my answer is pretty much summed up in my signature ;)

yamsha23
September 9th, 2018, 12:48 AM
because.... I suck at braids and only do those two three buns that I know how to do.

yamsha23
September 9th, 2018, 12:49 AM
In similar tongue-in-cheek spirit of this thread itself, I think my answer is pretty much summed up in my signature ;)

loooool your signature is hilarious it looks like a bad child confession ;)

school of fish
September 9th, 2018, 12:59 AM
loooool your signature is hilarious it looks like a bad child confession ;)

Truth told it I do feel that way a bit around here at times amidst all the updos, wash stretches, oil soaks and hairtoys... it's like my entire routine is one big LHC hair confession, hahahaha!!! :p

Simsy
September 9th, 2018, 01:35 AM

This ^

Also, the job I love means my hair has to be as low maintenance as possible while still being shoved under a hat on a semi-regular basis.

TreesOfEternity
September 9th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Yes. Indeed Joules.

I won't be a LHC die hard because I enjoy wearing my hair down at least once to twice a week.

Same! The day after wash day it won't stay on a bun anyway, no it's a braid or down for the day :p

sophia_
September 9th, 2018, 09:27 AM
I wear my hair down when my bun starts to hurt my head and I don't want braidwaves later. Also I have a habit of sleeping on wet hair... I just can't bring myself to instead wash it a couple hours earlier, I can't wash it until my day is completely done!

hannabiss
September 9th, 2018, 10:02 AM
I want to enjoy it more than I want to constantly put it up. Plus I sometimes chop it because I also love a pixie cut or bald head. :)

JadedByEntropy
September 9th, 2018, 12:37 PM
...i've never clicked the monistat thread!

Ed

Oh i passed that milestone a couple yards back. :laugh: its so good for my hair!!

same- its so nice to know my hair can dry over the top of the bed and not get a crick in my neck from a rogue braid attacking me in the night

...because there's a cute boy I have a crush on a I've decided to use heat on my hair next time I see him *hides face lol*
aw cute! be bold! be brave!

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

akurah
September 9th, 2018, 01:14 PM
same- its so nice to know my hair can dry over the top of the bed and not get a crick in my neck from a rogue braid attacking me in the night

Rogue braids are the worst. It’s definitely easier to pile it above the pillowcase on the bed.

_fred_
September 9th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Because the longer I go without bleach, the more I realise, actually, I prefer my hair bleached.

It's month 9 now, and my roots are really hard to cover up with direct dye - it washes off so fast and the colour is nowhere near as bright as I like. I'm hoping this stage will be worth it once I have enough virgin hair to henna, but I just know I'm going to go back to bleach. Probably not whole head bleaching, seeing as I do want length, but there's definitely going to be some chemical action eventually - bleaching the front, having highlights, something!

school of fish
September 9th, 2018, 02:14 PM
...i've never clicked the monistat thread!

Oh my goodness, this wins the interwebs today!! Hahahaha!!!!

raemarthe
September 9th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Honestly I feel like I'm not a true LHC diehard because I've been big chopping my hair. A lot. I promise to grow it out this time!

Reservechic
September 9th, 2018, 08:16 PM
1. My styling skills aren't the best, so doing all of these amazing buns and braided hair styles that I see, I know is way out of my league.
2. I'm not a fan of doing oilings on my hair, anymore, as I can't deal with the oil running down my face, and then having to deal with it breaking me out. As, I do have acne prone skin, by the way.

3. I never measure my hair ever.

4. I'm not overly concerned about how long my hair happens to grow out to length-wise, just as long as it's healthy.

5. I honestly love just being a free spirit with my hair, and just going by what my hair tells me it likes best, and just flowing with that!

Corvana
September 10th, 2018, 02:52 AM
Soooo, if we did that before we found LHC too do that make us hipsters? In before it was cool!

(Teasing, teasing! I really hate having hair in my face and am pretty sure I would give myself second degree burns if I'd ever tried using heat anyhow.)

:laugh: You're not a hipster if you say you're a hipster!

I hate my hair in my face, too, but sometimes I hate it less than I hate it being up (usually when I've got some sort of headache).

Ooooh, gawd, I suck at this thread. You've only got to see my post count, too, to see that. :grin: I, um... well, I could say I comb my hair any which way it needs it, and that may not be from the bottom to top each time (although primarily it is... kinda :wethree:). The fine webs need what the fine webs need. And only cotton pillow cases for me, too, although they are a higher thread count. And I wear my hair down or in looser styles a fair bit (but the constant heat where I live sends it up off my neck most of the time). Aaaand, and, and, I use cones and sulphates whenever I feel like it. So there! :p :p :p

Oh yeah! I don't comb from bottom to top, technically. I gently go from top to a tangle, then bottom to top. I do this section by section! I've always done it this way because then I can pull any tangles by my scalp away from my head so that I can hold my hair while I detangle (so that it pulls to my hand, if at all, instead of to my scalp which hurts!).

1. My styling skills aren't the best, so doing all of these amazing buns and braided hair styles that I see, I know is way out of my league.
2. I'm not a fan of doing oilings on my hair, anymore, as I can't deal with the oil running down my face, and then having to deal with it breaking me out. As, I do have acne prone skin, by the way.

3. I never measure my hair ever.

4. I'm not overly concerned about how long my hair happens to grow out to length-wise, just as long as it's healthy.

5. I honestly love just being a free spirit with my hair, and just going by what my hair tells me it likes best, and just flowing with that!

This reminds me of another: I don't heavy oil! I don't think I've ever used more than like... six drops! I'm sure it'll go up as I gain length, but I don't know if I'll ever soak my hair in oil...

YvetteVarie
September 10th, 2018, 06:06 AM
I'll never be a die-hard LHC-er because I am lazy and have pereiods when I just neglect my hair.

sugar&nutmeg
September 10th, 2018, 08:00 AM
I think too much, apologies in advance for the novel.

I don't feel like a LHC Die-Hard, as I don't think of my hair as a hobby. It is simply my hair. But by the criteria of this thread, perhaps I would call myself an old(er)-school LHCer. Or perhaps I'm just old. Well, no 'perhaps' about it, I am old!

I do sometimes wear my hair down. But even at just-past BSL, that's only really convenient when I'm not actually doing anything -- when it's not too hot, or when I'm not in the car, or the kitchen, or doing chores, or outdoors, or... Not because I'll damage my precioussss hair if it's down at those times, but because it will get in my way, in my face, in the food I'm preparing. Thankfully, at past BSL, I can put it up or braid it. It's gone, yet...still there. Win!

I didn't grow my hair long (again) because it would 'look/feel pretty down'. Mostly, I grew it because I loathe the salon and its unreliable results, because I don't want the upkeep of short hair, or to spend the money. Also because I choose to look like --I AM-- a little old-fashioned (hair-in-a-bun) lady. That's my form of 'rebellion' against 'the rules'...in this case, 'the rules' for women over 60.

LHC offers great ideas, information, and support all discussed and shared with 'ymmv', 'take it or leave it' civility more often than not. Yes, there are individual differences and opinions, some voiced more...emphatically, than others. But still--pretty good, I'd say, for the internet!

windflowers_mel
September 10th, 2018, 12:10 PM
I’ll never be a LHC die hard because...

- I looove the feeling of scratching my scalp with my nails.
- I love my hair loose in the wind
- and don’t stone me for this one..... but I don’t like the look of most hair toys :shudder:

Lokasigdr
September 10th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Because I wear my hair down and hate trimming splits. >_>

And I don't protect it from the sun. I use my hair as protection from the sun.

littlestarface
September 10th, 2018, 02:14 PM
I'll never be a LHC die hard because

1 I don't post much

2 I don't make friends here

3 I say my opinion way too much

4 i'll never be overly obsessed about my hair and post about it all the time

5 I don't like doing intricate styles

But I will always be a long hair and i'll always try to take real good care of my hair and always wear it up, I just wont be a community die hard.

lottiealice
September 10th, 2018, 05:56 PM
I’ll never be a LHC die hard because...

My posting on here is erratic.
I have a habit of impulse dyeing my hair, though I'm trying to stop.
I wear my hair down most of the time.
(Though I do put it over one shoulder to avoid my bag strap or the back of chairs rubbing it).
My styling skills leave a lot to be desired;
I can't use straighteners or curlers which is good, but I also can't do any cute hairstyles other than two braids.
I can get a bit rough when I'm brushing.
I am horrifically impatient.

HoneyDayTripper
September 10th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Because I wash it every day with sulfates and silicones, don't wear it up in protective styles.

lithostoic
September 10th, 2018, 07:28 PM
I will never be a LHC die hard because I can't be arsed to put that much effort into my hair. I wake up and brush it (sometimes) that's really it.

Crystawni
September 10th, 2018, 07:40 PM
...I don't wear my hair up to protect it. I wear it up to protect me. :luke:
...I have no interest in henna, cassia, herbal dyes, manic panic and the like, and know next to nothing about them.
...hair is not something I spend time on. Less is more (products, fussing, etc.), quick is good, and easy is better (yay for no-fuss hairtoys!).
...a nice haircut trumps length for me, so I trim as I grow. And yup, I like cutting my hair (and have pro-scissors that I got at a discount but still cost a bomb).
...I don't really have a length goal, and am happy with all stages of the journey. Will the journey end? Nah. I'm always chopping and changing. :p

Jo Ann
September 10th, 2018, 11:32 PM
I'll never be a LHC die hard because

1 I don't post much

2 I don't make friends here

3 I say my opinion way too much

4 i'll never be overly obsessed about my hair and post about it all the time

5 I don't like doing intricate styles

But I will always be a long hair and i'll always try to take real good care of my hair and always wear it up, I just wont be a community die hard.

:shocked:

I've always thought of you as no-nonsense, down-to-Earth and refreshing :shrug:

:rockerdud

Andthetalltrees
September 10th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Because I just don't care about my hair all that much in the end, It's not treated delicately, It's down, it gets caught, tangled, brushed, Washed every day/every other day.

Oh and i really don't like hair toys, If that's YOUR thing then cool but for me I just...Have other stuff I care more about.

trolleypup
September 11th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Ed
I thought you had an entry in the food as hairtoys thread...all those years ago?

All these things...because it feels good to stick your head out the window and feel the wind tugging your hair.

Except...that is really what the LH COMMUNITY is all about...accepting and supporting you, regardless of the choices you make...not, do you adhere to the hair treatment du jour, or the cones are poisonous, or you gotta wear the sleep cap, and you are a bad person if you touch your hair with anyting sharper than your fingers.

It is that you come here, and make yourself at home, and do what pleases you (or at least keeps your hair and scalp from being angry)...without having to worry about forum jerks being harsh and enforcing their views.

Anyhow judging by my post count, I am totally an LHC die-hard!Do you get anything at 10K posts? :misskim:

trolleypup
September 11th, 2018, 12:19 AM

LHC came before hipsters and their damned "manbuns" and "hipsterponystubs"

Crystawni
September 11th, 2018, 12:30 AM
All these things...because it feels good to stick your head out the window and feel the wind tugging your hair.

Except...that is really what the LH COMMUNITY is all about...accepting and supporting you, regardless of the choices you make...not, do you adhere to the hair treatment du jour, or the cones are poisonous, or you gotta wear the sleep cap, and you are a bad person if you touch your hair with anyting sharper than your fingers.

It is that you come here, and make yourself at home, and do what pleases you (or at least keeps your hair and scalp from being angry)...without having to worry about forum jerks being harsh and enforcing their views.

Yup, yup. (Thank you mods and admin!). That's why I suck at this thread, really, because LHC is virtually like a (whatever-length) hair :grouphug: which sometimes ventures into real-world meets, and swaps (akin to Secret Santa), trades and purchases of hairstuffs (etc., because it's not all about the hair) across the world, and can influence most across the board whether they know it or not.

Jo Ann
September 11th, 2018, 12:38 AM

Anyhow judging by my post count, I am totally an LHC die-hard!

Do you get anything at 10K posts? :misskim:

Cheese :face:

Jo Ann
September 11th, 2018, 12:39 AM
LHC came before hipsters and their damned "manbuns" and "hipsterponystubs"

This is why we can't have nice things...because hipsters... :p

Joules
September 11th, 2018, 03:00 AM
Yup, yup. (Thank you mods and admin!). That's why I suck at this thread, really, because LHC is virtually like a (whatever-length) hair :grouphug: which sometimes ventures into real-world meets, and swaps (akin to Secret Santa), trades and purchases of hairstuffs (etc., because it's not all about the hair) across the world, and can influence most across the board whether they know it or not.

The highlighted part reminded me of why I didn't join this community back in 2011, when I first discovered it. I thought that because this was called the long hair community I had to have at least tailbone length to be accepted :rollin: I was really scared of hair judgement back then, as you can tell

EdG
September 11th, 2018, 04:49 AM
I thought you had an entry in the food as hairtoys thread...all those years ago?Busted. :o

I have used distilled vinegar on my scalp. It reduced dandruff. :)

I suppose I could argue that distilled vinegar is not strictly a food item. I also use it to remove mineral deposits and kill warts. It makes a great salad dressing too! ;)
Ed

Arciela
September 11th, 2018, 06:13 AM
I like to wear it down a lot and dont like sleeping on my silk pillow case :x

littlestarface
September 11th, 2018, 09:49 AM
:shocked:

I've always thought of you as no-nonsense, down-to-Earth and refreshing :shrug:

:rockerdud

Oh thank you so much :smooch:

Hairkay
September 11th, 2018, 11:12 AM
I will put food in my hair except onions and garlic.

softheartedandl
September 11th, 2018, 01:39 PM
I don't like to bun my hair. My hair has zero texture so it won't do low-buns, and with buns on the top of my head it's pretty impossible to keep it up for more than half an hour unless I braid it first and then pin it a million times to keep it up. I also get very annoying headaches when my hair is in a high bun or ponytail.

Plus, I don't think my face is kinda ugly with my hair pulled up.

I wear my loose too often to be considered a die-hard, too!

DoomKitty
September 12th, 2018, 04:15 AM
I like changing my hair colours and being brunette that means bleach! Though I am enjoying seeing my sparklies come in...I'm hoping for silver streaks on my temples 😁

browneyedsusan
September 12th, 2018, 05:50 AM
because I like hairspray. A lot. :scared:

nikittyy
September 21st, 2018, 03:46 PM
Unfortunately I am a slave to my straightener. I hate my natural hair and wish I had the guts to do a big chop and then just wear it natural to keep it healthy but I just can't. I know I would feel like crap about my appearance if I did that.

MoreSky
September 21st, 2018, 06:20 PM
Because ... I like the process of growing out more than the goal result, which never seems to look right or make me feel good. My wavy heavy hair is happy with lots of layers in an above the shoulder length shag.

It’s the hair care here at LHC that I’m hooked on, the healthy hair community.

TarsusIV
September 21st, 2018, 08:44 PM
Because honestly I don't bother with hair products much. Shampoo, conditioner, then maybe hairspray if it has to be up all day. The end.

squirrrel
September 22nd, 2018, 01:34 AM

This is me. I plait my hair most days, prefer not to bun it, and my fingers often touch my plait, I love the feeling.

Hexen
September 22nd, 2018, 03:27 AM
Because im a rule breaker. Born with a full head of hair, I entered into this world feet first. And since then ive never stopped being a pain in the, well... everything. I trim me hair maybe once every two years. I sleep with it loose. I brush it while angry. And the language that most of you speak eludes me like a protozoa trying to comprehend music theory.

Sora Rose
September 22nd, 2018, 09:15 AM
I had to think so hard for this...

Because I sleep with my hair loose. Can't stand putting it up at night.

Guitargod
September 22nd, 2018, 09:28 AM
I also sleep with my hair loose and I also like going out with my hair loose once in a while because after all that's the reason why I'm wearing a bun most of the time :)

elfynity
September 22nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
... I will never put egg on my head ever again. Disgusting!!!

... I still don't know how to use 'multiquote this message' ???

Estrid
September 22nd, 2018, 10:40 AM
-

... I still don't know how to use 'multiquote this message' ???

If you want to quote several people you "multiquote" the first ones and then "reply with quote" on the last one, then they all appear in the same message :o

I keep looking in this thread but never coming up with anything funny to write myself, but now since I replied I have to come up with something, errrh ... I guess I'll never ... erm ... I will never ... darn it.

There are so many different groups on the LHC and everyone got their do's and don'ts. But I suppose it's a bit abnormal that I don't like conditioner and that I don't protect my hair at all during the night.

Deborah
September 22nd, 2018, 03:32 PM
...because I will never try henna or any other coloring, I like sleeping on cotton, not silk, I use a brush 99% of the time, I don't use shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, or any other regular hair product, I will never S&D, I don't care how long my hair can get, I cut a lot at a time and never regret it, I have been on this list since the first day but don't write even close to as often as most. I have always and will always wear long hair, but I guess I'm not an LHC diehard. So, there's my confession.:shrug:

Now, don't get me wrong; I like the list and the people on it.:heart::flower: I have learned a lot over the years, much of which has been very helpful, lots of it not relevant to my particular hair, but still quite interesting.:popcorn: Some of my friends know I frequent this list and ask me for hair advice. They seem to think of me as a hair guru.:o

Isobibbel
September 24th, 2018, 04:00 PM
I will never be an lhc die hard because whenever I find a stray hair that didn't make it into my bun, I just pull it out!

Too disorganised to carry pins and have compulsive issues with pulling and picking :(

JennGalt
September 24th, 2018, 05:42 PM
I will never be an LHC diehard because I like flattening out my curls. Sooo much less tangling! And shrinkage is depressing. I refuse to scrunch or create a gel cast, though sometimes I will use SM Peace Rose Conditioner as a curl cream if I do want curls/tighter waves for whatever reason.

Not all of my curls will clump, and when those that do clump do their thing, my hair looks thin and weird. I hate it. Plus curl clumps try their best to turn into dreadlocks, which is not a look I want. But my curls will also readily flatten out into tight, non-uniform s-waves; much tighter than most of the curls they form. It creates a strange (scraggly, some would say) texture, but one I prefer to tangling, felting, and major shrinkage.

I also do some form of detangling daily, which apparently curlies aren’t supposed to do. But again, dreadlocks aren’t my thing.

daisy rei
September 24th, 2018, 05:54 PM
I will never be an lhc die hard because whenever I find a stray hair that didn't make it into my bun, I just pull it out!

Too disorganised to carry pins and have compulsive issues with pulling and picking :(

I used to do that too! Usually my hands and fingernails take a majority of the abuse from compulsions. Now I've kind of just let the stray hairs take over my entire head. :bluebiggr

Aredhel
September 25th, 2018, 06:40 AM
... because I couldn't be bothered to maintain a neat hemline.

... because I couldn't braid my own hair if my life depended on it. :p (my pic on the left was a serious one-off :cool:)

kph12
September 25th, 2018, 07:55 AM
I will never be a LHC die-hard because....

I can't give up heat styling! I love my natural curls (3b/M/ii) but I still like looking sleek and polished and will continue to use heat once or twice a week.

That being said I'm still pretty intense about protecting my hair, I do hair masks weekly and always use a heat protectant. I also never blow dry my hair and I wait for it to be fully air dryed before styling. But yeah, probably never going to give up the heat completely,

MusicalSpoons
September 25th, 2018, 08:48 AM
... because I couldn't be bothered to maintain a neat hemline.

... because I couldn't braid my own hair if my life depended on it. :p (my pic on the left was a serious one-off :cool:)

In the age of Pinterest and YouTube and phenomenally intricate braids, I do feel an oddball not having any interest in learning new braiding styles. Now it's mostly due to not having the physical strength to braid very often - when people say their arms get tired halfway down? Mine get tired halfway down my head doing a single French or Dutch braid, or maybe a third of the way down an English braid, plus my hands just Will. Not. allow me to hold all sorts of strands - I've ended up dropping them when it's just the three! I've also never enjoyed having my hair parted at the scalp / sectioned, for multiple or accent braids, for example.

I can just about do a loose four-strand braid thanks to it being the same weaving pattern as the basic lacemaking half stitch :grin: but that's the most exotic I can do for now. Buns all the way for me!

Sid0rela
September 25th, 2018, 10:42 AM
i really am tempted to do a big chop, like every week. most of the times in my past, ive went with it. people telling me a shoulder length bob suits me more than long hair, doesnt help either..
i like straightened hair so much (mostly to combat frizz, but ive found alternative ways like natural french silk a local bio beauty shop makes. it helps)
i sometimes sleep with wet hair (trying to fix that, cuz i dont blowdry)
i dont wanna have my hair past hip, somewhat waist.
mosty i loveeee going to the salons and having a change. i get bored easly

postpixie88
September 25th, 2018, 11:02 AM
I like my pillowcases to feel cozy so I don't have silk/satin, I also wear my hair down almost always.

MemeAimee
October 5th, 2018, 10:50 PM
... because I randomly get the urge to dye/bleach/cut my hair, and act on impulses and can't control it. Haha!